Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    CM189191 said:
    So noone here blames China? 
    So I am racist for blaming then now am I?
    If it looks like a duck,
    Quacks like a duck,
    It's probably a duck
    Yeah okay, whatever you say. 
    That's a pretty big claim to make about someone you know nothing about.
    For your information, I have Asian friends. Me blaming a country does not make me racist.
    I also speak negatively about Australia, does that make me racist towards Australians too?
    I'll refrain from saying more I wish I could say to you right now as you are not worth getting banned over.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    CM189191 said:
    If it looks like a duck,
    Quacks like a duck,
    It's probably a duck
    Definitely a fucking duck.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    If it looks like a duck,
    Quacks like a duck,
    It's probably a duck
    Definitely a fucking duck.
    that's what I say about China...
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    you probably think that eating bats and pangolins is okay....
  • Options
    Stop criticising America, that is so racist.
    This whole thread is racist because it is criticising a government of a country.
  • Options
    Criticising the American people for their love of guns is so fucking racist.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    Quit digging a hole.  You're smarter than this.
  • Options
    How dare so many people, including my fellow Australians, criticise China for their human rights violations (e.g., forcing the minority Uyghur community into re-education camps), that is soooooooo racist.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    How am I digging a hole? 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Smellyman said:
    How am I digging a hole? 
    Blaming China does nothing to at the moment to help fight this war , I can understand your anger but it accomplishes nothing at all once this is over I hope strict sanctions are imposed on their government! But here in America we have a two faced idiot who says one thing and does the other! Stay safe man and let go your anger..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    You too Jose. I'll try. But hearing a news reporter say the likely end to the school year will devastate many year 12's who should have been graduating. Also, missing a whole year of schooling is very detrimental to the cognitive development of young children. It is hard not to be angry at China right now. And who knows how this year for my university will go, we are moving to online learning but all this is making it hard to focus right now. Worried about the future.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    You too Jose. I'll try. But hearing a news reporter say the likely end to the school year will devastate many year 12's who should have been graduating. Also, missing a whole year of schooling is very detrimental to the cognitive development of young children. It is hard not to e angry at China right now. And who knows how this year for my university will go, we are moving to online learning but all this is making it hard to focus right now. Worried about the future.
    Totally understand the fear & anger! For now we need to focus on ourselves & loved ones state of minds, this crisis has impacted everyone of us some more than others..
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,932
    edited March 2020
    josevolution said:
    Smellyman said:
    How am I digging a hole? 
    Blaming China does nothing to at the moment to help fight this war , I can understand your anger but it accomplishes nothing at all once this is over I hope strict sanctions are imposed on their government! But here in America we have a two faced idiot who says one thing and does the other! Stay safe man and let go your anger..
    ^ wow so it is possible to answer someone with an opposing belief without a meme, a copied tweet, a link to a cnn article or a condescending attitude. Nice! 🤙🏼 To be clear I’m not referring to you Jose. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    You too Jose. I'll try. But hearing a news reporter say the likely end to the school year will devastate many year 12's who should have been graduating. Also, missing a whole year of schooling is very detrimental to the cognitive development of young children. It is hard not to be angry at China right now. And who knows how this year for my university will go, we are moving to online learning but all this is making it hard to focus right now. Worried about the future.
    Are you saying that they aren't going to allow year 12's (seniors) to graduate in Aus?  My son is a senior in HS and my daughter is a senior in college.  They are both being affected dramatically, but I don't think for a second that the school is going to force them to take an additional quarter or semester.  For my daughter, they've already been told all classes this semester can be pass/fail, even in your major.  My son is more concerned about missing senior prom and such.  Either way, I don't expect a material change to their plans for next fall.  
  • Options
    Well, there is talk the entire school year may be called off. What I heard on the news tonight.
    These year 12's would have to do year 12 next year.
  • Options
    Well, there is talk the entire school year may be called off. What I heard on the news tonight.
    These year 12's would have to do year 12 next year.
    So that must mean every student has to retake the year, is that right?  I don't know the schedule there, are they at the beginning of the school year now, or the end?  For us, it's the end of the 3rd quarter or 2nd semester.  That's why I don't think anyone will be repeating. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    They cancelled classes here a week ago, the teachers have still been going in each day to plan for teaching through distance learning. They have the intention of every kid still finishing their curriculum, but from home.

It totally sucks, but everyone will adjust.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027
    Blame 
    Is the cure 
    Cure anything
    Throw the rudder down 
    Throw the rudder down 
    Broad 
    Latitude
    Broad latitude 
    Throw the rudder down 
    Throw the rudder down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3PX0-3UHT0

#turnthatshitup
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    steppin out indeed
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

GOP senator says China 'to blame' for coronavirus spread because of 'culture where people eat bats and snakes and dogs'

WASHINGTON — Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, drew a backlash on social media and from Asian American advocates on Wednesday for claiming China was "to blame" for the spread of the coronavirus because of a "culture where people eat bats and snakes and dogs and things like that." 

'These viruses are transmitted from the animal to the people and that's why China has been the source of a lot of these viruses like SARS, like MERS, the Swine flu, and now the coronavirus, so I think they have a fundamental problem, the Texas Republican said to reporters, saying he did not object to a geographic name for the virus.  

Asked about Asian Americans' concerns about racism, Cornyn said, "I disagree. We're not talking about Asians. We're talking about China, where these viruses emanate from and created this pandemic." 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/18/coronavirus-sen-john-cornyn-says-chinese-eating-bats-spread-virus/2869342001/
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,158
    It’s fucking infuriating to see people doing nothing but blame trump and then say China has no blame. Fuck that. China is to blame. Trump is to blame for the response here, but China is to blame. It’s not the first fucking time!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The blame game never accomplishes anything, these politicians should just shut the fuck up and crawl back to the hole they came from! They can barely get any legislation done at all and now we have to hear from them just blaming China how about you look at your leader of your party asshole senators 
  • Options
    It’s fucking infuriating to see people doing nothing but blame trump and then say China has no blame. Fuck that. China is to blame. Trump is to blame for the response here, but China is to blame. It’s not the first fucking time!
    This is great.  You're pissed and so are the US people.  So are we:
    1. Ready to rejoin the TPP to try to isolate China?
    2. Ready to buy back our bonds that the Chinese gov't holds by raising taxes, cutting defense and cutting entitlements?
    3. Ready to pay 2-3x more for our iphones, tvs, etc. as we remove manufacturing from China?

No, we're not?  Of course we're not.  So now we're just looking for a useless scapegoat. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Yep. But there are people that think if you blame China, you must be taking Trump’s side or defending him because he’s also blaming China. That’s so dumb. He’s deflecting the blame he deserves, which is typical of him. But you hit the nail on the head: China is to blame for the global pandemic, and Trump is to blame for not only the poor response here in the early stages, but for how he’s handling it now: lying/misleading, playing the states against each other, etc. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Cuomo is more of a national leader in all this than Trump is. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Don't know about you guys, but I'm getting tired of "Winning"  :s
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,932
    Cuomo is more of a national leader in all this than Trump is. 
    He’s been tremendous for sure. I’m sure he’s gained a lot of supporters so far.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,158
    mrussel1 said:
    This is great.  You're pissed and so are the US people.  So are we:
    1. Ready to rejoin the TPP to try to isolate China?
    2. Ready to buy back our bonds that the Chinese gov't holds by raising taxes, cutting defense and cutting entitlements?
    3. Ready to pay 2-3x more for our iphones, tvs, etc. as we remove manufacturing from China?

No, we're not?  Of course we're not.  So now we're just looking for a useless scapegoat. 
    Hahaha I love it when people give up so easily. Take care of yourself. 
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.