Donald Trump

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    It’s difficult to be this dumb

That can't be real.  He is truly one dumb m'fer
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I don't think Trumpito understands how the military works.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:
    as far as i can tell, it's only been outdated since nov 8, 2016. 
    nov 2000
    exactly.

let the republicans get screwed by the electoral college just once and see if they change their minds. twice in my lifetime the popular vote winner did not win the EC. if it happens a third time, i think people will burn down the congress.
    i honestly don't recall the 2000 election conversation being centered around the EC. more vote counting and the SC's decision. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mickeyrat said:
    nov 2000
    exactly.

let the republicans get screwed by the electoral college just once and see if they change their minds. twice in my lifetime the popular vote winner did not win the EC. if it happens a third time, i think people will burn down the congress.
    i honestly don't recall the 2000 election conversation being centered around the EC. more vote counting and the SC's decision. 
    Entering that election, there were some projections that had Gore winning despite Bush getting a majority.  That was my dream...Gore wins and maybe something is done about the EC.  Because I hated it starting about when I first understood it.  

It's true that most of the Dems complain now because it favors the GOP...but there have always been people who thought it was bad regardless.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    As far as I can tell ... when you lose a historically winnable election because you ignored the facts of the race...and then you complain about the electoral college and 2 senators per state and talk of changing the system and claiming it’s unfair...

you come across as a butthurt craybaby.

But of course trump is worse so none of that matters. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    The US system is good but has problems.  The EC is the first indicator, a red flag if you will, that strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Trump redlining it for 3 years isn't helping.  He is the worst.
    Bu$h was pretty bad too, but nothing like this.
    Representational govt should be representational.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    mickeyrat said:
    nov 2000
    exactly.

gore had a clear win in votes, but for scotus ruling fla went to bush and it 16? elec college votes,  gore wins both pop vote and college.

it came down to one state. like a dumbass , gore conceded instead of pushing for an accurate tally, whichever way it fell.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited November 2019
    Florida, bullshit.

Post edited by ikiT on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    As far as I can tell ... when you lose a historically winnable election because you ignored the facts of the race...and then you complain about the electoral college and 2 senators per state and talk of changing the system and claiming it’s unfair...

Yes, people who want a more representational democracy are a bunch of butthurt crybabys.

It makes perfect sense that a state that has a population of 1 million has the same power in the senate as a state with the population as 40 million.
    dignin said:

Yes, people who want a more representational democracy are a bunch of butthurt crybabys.

It makes perfect sense that a state that has a population of 1 million has the same power in the senate as a state with the population as 40 million.
    I think most would agree that system doesn't work today. But all I'm saying (and maybe what cincy is saying) is that the timing of the complaint means something. if obama had won the EC but not the popular, I guarantee democrats would be lauding the current system.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

VT Population 626,299 (2018)

CT Population 3.573 million (2018)

DC Population 702,455 (2018)

WA Population 7.536 million (2018)

There's no shortage of shit to complain about.  Zero.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,604
    dignin said:

I think most would agree that system doesn't work today. But all I'm saying (and maybe what cincy is saying) is that the timing of the complaint means something. if obama had won the EC but not the popular, I guarantee democrats would be lauding the current system.  
    I believe it was Confucius who said, "Hate the player, not the game".  
    Ari Melber said that too.

mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

I believe it was Confucius who said, "Hate the player, not the game".  
    I thought that was Triple H. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dignin said:

Ding ding ding.

hippiemom = goodness
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Kat said:
    He wants to be king
    So he gets to be king of the idiots
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    dignin said:

i would not be lauding the current system had obama lost popular vote and won the EC. the system is fucked up. i would be complaining about the EC if that happened.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    dignin said:

agreed. this is why the system is fucked up. you can win popular vote but if you do not win the right small states you lose the entire election.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:

i would not be lauding the current system had obama lost popular vote and won the EC. the system is fucked up. i would be complaining about the EC if that happened.
    i honestly think you are in the minority here, gimme. who complains when they win? especially in politics? it just doesn't happen. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:

i honestly think you are in the minority here, gimme. who complains when they win? especially in politics? it just doesn't happen. 
    i am a liberal but i am fair. i would not be spouting all this bullshit spiking the football. i would have viewed obama as illegitimate had he lost the popular vote but won the EC, same as i view w bush and trump. you don't win a majority of votes, you should not be president.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    dignin said:

i am a liberal but i am fair. i would not be spouting all this bullshit spiking the football. i would have viewed obama as illegitimate had he lost the popular vote but won the EC, same as i view w bush and trump. you don't win a majority of votes, you should not be president.
    I'd have been happy it worked out that way...and hopeful that it would turn the tide.  "We got lucky that the better candidate won, despite the bizarre process we use.  Yeah, it's bullshit.  Let's fix it."

As I mention above, I've been against it since before GWB/Gore.  Sometimes it's about means and not ends.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    You might say he is their "founder"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

• dignin said:

Never admit to your mistakes or failures and never, ever tell the truth. Welcome to the new repub party, suckers.

May I please be allowed to buy an “e?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Not being a dog person, I just think Trump assumed a female dog wasn’t able to do the same kind of stuff a male dog was capable of. 

“Donald Trump is a fucking moron.” - Rex Tillerson 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    grrrrr....what's wrong with being a girl? :tongue:

Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.