Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mickeyrat said:
    Oh
    io!!!
    Hang on there, Sloopy.  The tough part of the schedule is coming.  
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    The blood of the Kurdish men, women, and children is also on the hands of every single person who advises,  believes, supports, and votes for the dictator wannabe in the white house....

Retired Marine Gen. John Allen: 'There is blood on Trump's hands for abandoning our Kurdish allies' https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/politics/syria-marine-general-john-allen-trump/index.html
    I can't believe this decision by trump at all.  Pathetic.  This decision makes the top 3 worst trump moves for me.
    It’s maddening. Abandoning our allies, wtf?
    It really makes no sense what so ever. Makes me angry and sad at the same time.  
    Yeah, I’m all for doing what we can as far as drawing down troops and like to consider myself anti-war or whatever, but doesn’t make sense strategically, idk. It’s going to cause more bloodshed, not less. And Trump wants to talk shit about people who “got us into Iraq” or “they’ve been fighting for 200 years”, while sending more troops to our buddies in Saudi Arabia, yeah right. I wonder how many of our vets worked side by side with Kurdish forces at height of Iraq war.
    You can't square these decisions using US interests as the north star.  They can only be squared if it's driven by dementia or Trump family interests.  I think we can guess what the answer really is.  
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Kurdish forces backed by US strike deal with Syria's Assad, in major shift in 8-year war

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/14/middleeast/syria-turkey-kurds-civilians-isis-intl-hnk/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

This is going to be a giant mess. 
  • Options
    dignin said:

Kurdish forces backed by US strike deal with Syria's Assad, in major shift in 8-year war

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/14/middleeast/syria-turkey-kurds-civilians-isis-intl-hnk/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

chalk that up to.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  

And yes, it's a giant mess.  We were the stabilizing force by just being planted there.  There was no imminent danger but now the region is de-stabilizing.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

And yes, it's a giant mess.  We were the stabilizing force by just being planted there.  There was no imminent danger but now the region is de-stabilizing.  
    Can't blame the Kurds after the US stabbed them in the back.
  • Options
    Interesting to read that this has put US troops in more danger for at least the short term as they essentially escape and retreat from battlefield.

The damage being done by this President is extraordinary.

• Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Can't blame the Kurds after the US stabbed them in the back.
    Not even a little bit.  If they joined forces with ISIS to fight Turkey, that would be rational too.  
  • Options
    Haha, well here you go. Apparently it's now the democrats fault Trump pulled out. Gotta hand it to the GOP, they sure are creative.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/syria-turkey-trump-impeachment-liz-cheney

Liz Cheney says Turkey's timing of Syria action was 'no accident' amid impeachment push

"What the Democrats are doing themselves to try to weaken this president is part of this. It was not an accident that the Turks chose this moment to roll across the border. The Democrats have got to pay very careful attention to the damage they're doing with the impeachment proceedings," the chair of the House Republican Conference told “Fox & Friends.”
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Northern Syria's taking a lot of civilian casualties.  I'm seeing pictures of kids. 
    He really doesn't understand how things work.
    #ITMFA 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
  • Options
    yeah he's gotta go...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    dignin said:
    Haha, well here you go. Apparently it's now the democrats fault Trump pulled out. Gotta hand it to the GOP, they sure are creative.

Liz Cheney says Turkey's timing of Syria action was 'no accident' amid impeachment push

"What the Democrats are doing themselves to try to weaken this president is part of this. It was not an accident that the Turks chose this moment to roll across the border. The Democrats have got to pay very careful attention to the damage they're doing with the impeachment proceedings," the chair of the House Republican Conference told “Fox & Friends.”
    You have to love that...attack the people trying to keep that orange fucker in line
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Bentleyspop said: moo
    The blood of the Kurdish men, women, and children is also on the hands of every single person who advises,  believes, supports, and votes for the dictator wannabe in the white house....

Retired Marine Gen. John Allen: 'There is blood on Trump's hands for abandoning our Kurdish allies' https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/politics/syria-marine-general-john-allen-trump/index.html
    I can't believe this decision by trump at all.  Pathetic.  This decision makes the top 3 worst trump moves for me.
    What are the other two?
    The first was ignoring all intel and not doing anything about Russian interference. Regardless if he was involved, his failure to address it at all was impeachable in my opinion as he is sworn to protect the USA from foreign adversaries.

The second worst one for me is the Ukraine (and now China) issue. Openly inviting foreign interference into elections.

Those 2 plus abandoning allies are easily the worst political failures of his presidency as each are horrific and enough to remove him from office. There are plenty of other policy issues I have. And inciting violence against immigrants and the press are way up there...probably 5 and 4 respectively due to the overall harm it can do.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Should be interesting if trump starts any new property developments in Turkey before election day 
  • Options

What are the other two?
    The first was ignoring all intel and not doing anything about Russian interference. Regardless if he was involved, his failure to address it at all was impeachable in my opinion as he is sworn to protect the USA from foreign adversaries.

The second worst one for me is the Ukraine (and now China) issue. Openly inviting foreign interference into elections.

Those 2 plus abandoning allies are easily the worst political failures of his presidency as each are horrific and enough to remove him from office. There are plenty of other policy issues I have. And inciting violence against immigrants and the press are way up there...probably 5 and 4 respectively due to the overall harm it can do.
    I put JCPOA pull out in my top 3.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What are the other two?

I put JCPOA pull out in my top 3.
    I can see that.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    dignin said:

You have to love that...attack the people trying to keep that orange fucker in line
    Can we as a country learn to stop supporting the children of terrible people and allowing them to gain power in Washington? Dick fucking Cheney's daughter for god's sake. He needs to die soon before she gets assigned a cabinet position or run for president herself. There should be a ban from office on any Cheney or Bush moving forward.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican on the Judiciary Committee, said he was kicked out of this morning's hearing with Fiona Hill.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-10-14-2019/h_d17d7000d801575575597ad603c46d2c
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    ikiT said:
    Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican on the Judiciary Committee, said he was kicked out of this morning's hearing with Fiona Hill.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-10-14-2019/h_d17d7000d801575575597ad603c46d2c
    read about it. from him. seemed above board to me him being ejected as it was parliamentarian decision. just an excuse to distract from the fact they have ZERO to say in defense of trump in this.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    He's a real class act, Gaetz.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    ikiT said:
    He's a real class act, Gaetz.

definite fratbro...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Image result for isis employee of the month
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,546
    Still the idiot-in-chief. ..

Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't. https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/14/politics/fact-check-trump-groceries-id-voter-fraud/index.html
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    dignin said:
    There are many horrible decisions, actions, statements that 45 has made.  Many. 

The abandonment of the Kurds to be left to attempted genocide really really bothers me.  It gets me in the gut. The fact that they had to ask for help from  Assad & Putin because our Special Forces weren't allowed to stand by them makes it so much worse but this  move was predictable. Probably planned.  It is just not who we are to abandon an ally who cannot defend themselves against an unprovoked attack by a big country.  It feels so wrong & the Kurds will never trust us again. No one will but it's the Kurds who are being killed & attacked right now. And all the losses in the fight to beat ISIS was a waste.  They have their flag flying in a Syrian town already. 

Where is NATO??  Where is somebody besides Assad/Putin? I feel helpless & I feel so angry that this is occurring & he's doing ridiculous rallies while those US Special Forces are traumatized by this too.  He is a fool,  he allowed this. 

I wanted the special forces to ignore their orders. Something should have been done to negate one insane destructive tweet. One tweet. Look what one tweet has caused.

45 cannot even comprehend the ramifications. Saying ISIS should go back to Europe, what the hell is wrong with him. And why couldn't this be stopped. The president shouldn't be so powerful that he can effectively blow up foreign policy & US reputation. . 

This feels personal. Like when we first found out about the kids in cages crying for their parents.  Despicable.

American journalists were called chickens by Kurds today.  He destroys all of us. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

The abandonment of the Kurds to be left to attempted genocide really really bothers me.  It gets me in the gut. The fact that they had to ask for help from  Assad & Putin because our Special Forces weren't allowed to stand by them makes it so much worse but this  move was predictable. Probably planned.  It is just not who we are to abandon an ally who cannot defend themselves against an unprovoked attack by a big country.  It feels so wrong & the Kurds will never trust us again. No one will but it's the Kurds who are being killed & attacked right now. And all the losses in the fight to beat ISIS was a waste.  They have their flag flying in a Syrian town already. 

Where is NATO??  Where is somebody besides Assad/Putin? I feel helpless & I feel so angry that this is occurring & he's doing ridiculous rallies while those US Special Forces are traumatized by this too.  He is a fool,  he allowed this. 

I wanted the special forces to ignore their orders. Something should have been done to negate one insane destructive tweet. One tweet. Look what one tweet has caused.

45 cannot even comprehend the ramifications. Saying ISIS should go back to Europe, what the hell is wrong with him. And why couldn't this be stopped. The president shouldn't be so powerful that he can effectively blow up foreign policy & US reputation. . 

This feels personal. Like when we first found out about the kids in cages crying for their parents.  Despicable.

American journalists were called chickens by Kurds today.  He destroys all of us. 
    Lasting harm is even worse than the current harm I fear.  I hope that other leaders allow us to right this ship and not hold a grudge...but man, it'll be tough. This action has no benefit to the USA, only downside.  A HUGE downside.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

• Options
    it's going to get worse.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Lasting harm is even worse than the current harm I fear.  I hope that other leaders allow us to right this ship and not hold a grudge...but man, it'll be tough. This action has no benefit to the USA, only downside.  A HUGE downside.
    I don't know how we "fix" all of the damage that has been done. There are things that can never be fixed.  It is a spiral that will only produce bad outcomes.

Trump tweeted that the Kurds need to deal with Syria not us. We have to concentrate on the southern border. (Paraphrased)  Moron. You just gave Russia another gift & screwed another ally. 

There's no 'takebacks' on this one.  It is a disaster as he likes to say about other president's policies,  but this is a true disaster. No good comes from this. 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It’s been a while since I checked into this thread and I saw their were 666 new comments.  

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    it's going to get worse.
    Seven tactical nuclear warheads that were in Turkey,  under US control, have been captured by the Turks.
This discussion has been closed.