Options

Ticket pricing

Comments

• Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I've been looking for general public sale prices, but have not found them anywhere... Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    eyejacker said:

I've been looking for general public sale prices, but have not found them anywhere... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

which show?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

just_one said:

just_one said:

im done trying to reason with some people here.

either they are completly blind to the band and their members can do no wrong or they just dont wanna understand.

probably u think this is 1994..its not
    its 2017 i know...

give me ONE just ONE good reason to justify this question :

1 - Ed charging 300 dollars for 2 tickets ?

Take in consideration Ed´ Show there is nothing and i mean NOTHING fancy about it (no big stage , no lights , no pyro , lasers , NOTHING)

the promoter for pay eddie ,pay promotion.,book the venue and make profit himself put this price at that VENUE
    Vedder or any other artist,doeswnt google venues to book,,he doesnt make the maths to set prices..
    eddie to pay at any place gets same money...depence where is playing the tix prices
    so if the price trix is 200 or 300..has nothing to do with eddie charging more..has to do with promoter ,venue etc..
    again...in 20 days..im going to 2 shows...dave matthew-tim reanolds..
    vienna 140 euros
    prague 60 euros...

crazy huh??
    And you think at no point EV could step in and say "hey.......thats a bit much"
    Or is he just a slave to the promoter?
    man,,in2006..or 2012 eddie want the same name he is today
    second..eddie get paid in dollars..do u know the currency difference now and back then??u will be suprised
    why in usa tix are always less than europe?can u understand why?
    a pair tix at MSG the most famous arena in the world,cost 190 usa dollar..and a pair in fuckin oslo at a crappy football stadium was 304 per pair!!!!!!!!
    do u understand why this is happening?that taxes are different?that currency changed?
    in 2006 i paid 52 euros to see pj in greece...so freakking expensive than other countris..that i paid in 2012 thast money to see the band..what artist will say?oh poor greeks have huge vat and taxes,lets lower the price??
    ofcourse its expensive!!..but doesnt mean eddie wake up yesterday and said..fuck em..lets double my fee!
    I don't need an economics lesson to know when i'm being ripped off.
    I don't think you will ever see bad in this band and for that I salute you, I really do.
    1st of all,they dont come in greece,,thats the biggest mistake ever this band does,,!!
    cant be more bad than that!!
    Hahahahaha well of course.

I read your post above about the price of bands coming to Greece and I see why not.
    Massive shame.

At least you have a nice excuse to see some of the world =)
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options

eyejacker said:

which show?
    Taormina
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    eyejacker said:

eyejacker said:

which show?
    Taormina
    prices is per ticket.
    .4 sections..
    level 1..level 2..level 3 with seat numbers..level 4 with no numbers at seats .first come first serve..
    tickets prices below,probably with no fees..so more expensive at the total

Prezzi d'ingresso:
    Poltronissima Platea e Tribunetta Centrale € 172,50
    Poltrona Tribunetta Laterale € 115,00
    Cavea Numerata € 97,75
    Cavea Non Numerata € 80,50

http://www.ctbox.it/C23/2172/Content.aspx/Eventi/Concerti/Eddie_VEDDER-26_giugno_2017-Taormina_–_Teatro_Antico_–_ore_21_45-In_vendita_dal_10_marzo_2017_26_06_2017
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

eyejacker said:

eyejacker said:

which show?
    Taormina
    prices is per ticket.
    .4 sections..
    level 1..level 2..level 3 with seat numbers..level 4 with no numbers at seats .first come first serve..

Prezzi d'ingresso:
    Cavea Numerata € 97,75

http://www.ctbox.it/C23/2172/Content.aspx/Eventi/Concerti/Eddie_VEDDER-26_giugno_2017-Taormina_–_Teatro_Antico_–_ore_21_45-In_vendita_dal_10_marzo_2017_26_06_2017
    Thanks Dimi... € 80,50 is not so bad... ;)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    derbydave said:

$376 for a pair of tickets is expensive

What concert costs $376 for a pair of tickets?
    I would be more than happy to pay $376 for a pair of tickets to see Ed & Glen at The Gorge or Red Rocks...
    Wouldn't even have to think twice!! :rock_on:
    Not me, I wouldn't pay over $100 per ticket.

I've paid over $100 face value per ticket only 2 times, and both were to see Neil Young from the 3rd/4th row in a 2,000 seat theater. For smaller intimate shows he uses a tiered pricing system to cut out scalping, and I could have bought the cheaper $60 tix, but I wanted to sit close for Uncle Neil.

Comparable solo shows I've seen over the years were Ben Harper solo and Chris Cornell solo... paid about $50-60 for great tickets to those shows in small theaters. Ben played for 3+ hours totally solo
  • Options
    Did I read in this thread thst all of these venues are 5,000-13,000???

I'm not familiar with the European venues so I have no clue, but I thought most of the shows would be in small nice theaters? If not, that definitely sucks. Small theater is the only way to go for EV solo in my opinion. Or that Greek theater obviously, that's just flat out cool no matter how many fit

What's the local economy of Sicily like? can the locals afford to go to the show? or is it just going to be well-to-do American & European pearl jam fans going on holiday?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I'm not familiar with the European venues so I have no clue, but I thought most of the shows would be in small nice theaters? If not, that definitely sucks. Small theater is the only way to go for EV solo in my opinion. Or that Greek theater obviously, that's just flat out cool no matter how many fit

What's the local economy of Sicily like? can the locals afford to go to the show? or is it just going to be well-to-do American & European pearl jam fans going on holiday?

not all venues..and seated at that 13k venue is 9k actually
    problem n sicily isnt the concert tix,that is expencive,,is really a full season summer buzy period end of june there..and 1-2 star hotel are over 100 per night..and its pain in the ass to get there..1 and half hour bus drive from the closest airport
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    This is a great opportunity for fans to understand that the band they fell in love with is not the same band anymore. Hasn't been for 10 years. They are great, charitable people with integrity that puts it all out there on stage, but they charge $35 for a $5 t shirt, and Ed charges $150 for a concert ticket. They rub shoulders with politicians and celebrities (well Ed does). No one is sleeping in bath tubs anymore.

I gave in to this realization a few years ago. Don't get worked up anymore about prices.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Uru said:

^^ this..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    I wouldn't pay $100-$150 a ticket to really see anyone anymore..maybe if it was just me going to shows but to spend $300 for me and my wife to see a show is redic..especialy for ed and or pearl jam who I've seen so many times for 20 plus years now..obvoiusly venues like that Italian one is an exception..
  • Options

This is a great opportunity for fans to understand that the band they fell in love with is not the same band anymore. Hasn't been for 10 years. They are great, charitable people with integrity that puts it all out there on stage, but they charge $35 for a $5 t shirt, and Ed charges $150 for a concert ticket. They rub shoulders with politicians and celebrities (well Ed does). No one is sleeping in bath tubs anymore.

I gave in to this realization a few years ago. Don't get worked up anymore about prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esW2PlBXSIk
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    edited March 2017
    London is about 3600 seated capacity. Berlin, Amsterdam, Sicily about 5000 each. Antwerpen about 7000 (not quite sure, over 8000 concert capacity but that includes standing, which is now not used), Dublin 9000 all seated.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options

Yep..ed is cashing in. I have no problems with it..like i said with the whole ticketmaster thing it would have been cool if they kept prices low but oh well..nostolgia years are upon us. The band is 50 plus years old is the reality.
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    my2hands said:

the london venue is 3,600 seated, its the old hammermith odeon, now known as eventim apollo, forever known to me as hammy odeon though.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,030
    VillagePJ said:

my2hands said:

the london venue is 3,600 seated, its the old hammermith odeon, now known as eventim apollo, forever known to me as hammy odeon though.
    The same place he played at last time.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195

VillagePJ said:

my2hands said:

The same place he played at last time.
    yes exactly, was a great show last time with Roger Daltry showing up. Lets hope for some surprises again :)
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    mrk2 said:

London is about 3600 seated capacity. Berlin, Amsterdam, Sicily about 5000 each. Antwerpen about 7000 (not quite sure, over 8000 concert capacity but that includes standing, which is now not used), Dublin 9000 all seated.

So the smallest is 3600 and the rest is 5000-13,000+?

That kind of sucks because I think he really shines in smaller intimate venues... hopefully when he comes to the states again he stays in the smaller 2,500 seaters
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760

eyejacker said:

eyejacker said:

which show?
    Taormina
    prices is per ticket.
    .4 sections..

Prezzi d'ingresso:
    Cavea Numerata € 97,75

Dimi is ctbox the correct website for the general sale or is that going to kick you to ticketone? Livenation seems to be hosting it but it kicks you out to ticketone I think.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

eyejacker said:

eyejacker said:

which show?
    Taormina
    prices is per ticket.
    .4 sections..

Prezzi d'ingresso:
    Cavea Numerata € 97,75

Dimi is ctbox the correct website for the general sale or is that going to kick you to ticketone? Livenation seems to be hosting it but it kicks you out to ticketone I think.
    probably.seems that the prices tho
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Is there a way to hide/block a specific thread from appearing?
  • Options
    kevtickevtic Posts: 133

kevtic said:

kevtic said:

kevtic said:

kevtic said:

kevtic said:

kevtic said:

I don't believe that anyone has mentioned on here that bands/musicians no longer make any money off of album/music releases.
    The money is made from concert ticket sales, merchandise sales, and licensing for movies, tv, and commercials.

A great point, indeed.

Let's also not overlook the fact that these guys are in their 50s now and have young kids at home, they don't want to be on the road 6 months out of the year. Who would? The idea of him doing 36 Euro dates isn't realistic anymore.
    This is true but other acts still seem to be able to do it cheaper with the same family situations. PJ haven't spent six months on the road in a very, very long time.
    Like whom?

PJ & EV live shows are in high demand, I would be interested to hear of other acts that are as in demand charging less.
    Iron Maiden, U2, GNR. Dave Matthews band are playing Hammersmith at around £60 a ticket. U2 and GNR are bigger acts than PJ and EV, Iron maiden probably are as well. Dave Matthews band i included as they are playing the same venue and have a whole band to account for along with associated costs. They are certainly on a par with EV at least although imagine they are probably a bigger act. Not sure how they would compare to PJ though.

Ed Sheeran one of the biggest tours to sell in recent times is only £77 a ticket. i could go on but you get the picture.

And PJ, as yet, haven't ripped off their UK fans.
    Wow, 60 euro for that festival is amazing, and you folks are paying better prices than we are. I just paid $119 after fees for a single night at Boston Calling.

What are U2 & GnR charging for their solo shows? Last year GnR prices in the US were insane to start, but when sales faltered they started dropping.

Based on your post though, it looks like Euro concerts are cheaper than in the US.
    UK concerts are way cheaper than the US but the gap is closing as you can see. Some acts are forcing the prices up and others are following them. Too many people are now being priced out. Even some of the smaller gigs that were £25/30 a few years ago are now hitting the £50/60 mark.

U2 is £78 standing. Seated tickets go from £40 up to £187. i think the upper prices are a rip off but at least you have other options.
    GNR is £85 up to £95.
    Maiden is about £65 from memory.
    Dave Matthews as has been pointed out is not the band but 2 band members and it's £52.
    Hold on now, if GnR is 85 - 95, and U2's average price is over 100, then Eddie isn't out of line with the 100 price tag, especially not for a 3-5K seat theater.

I misread your earlier post & thought you were paying around 60 Euro for those acts.

Sounds to me like Eddie's shows are priced fairly for the market over there.
    Think you're missing the point. Those bands are established high end acts. vedder on his own isn't anywhere close to the size of those bands and U2 and GNR are stadiums gigs. Even though it now appears sites have changed the ticket band pricing for Vedder his top price ticket is still way over priced.
    Smaller venues SHOULD cost more - would you rather see him in a 3K seat venue or a 50K seat venue?

We'll find out in a week or two if it's overpriced. If it is, the tickets won't sell.

If it's not, it will sell out quickly.
    Why should smaller venues cost more? All the costs are lower. Way way lower than the cost for Wembley or Twickenham. I'd prefer to see any band in a 3k venue rather than a 50k. The point is those other bands can sell out 50k venues or bigger. Eddie can't.

I don't doubt the venue will sell out but it doesn't mean it is not overpriced IMO. At the top level ticket price.
    Smaller venues should have higher ticket prices because there are fewer tickets to sell and it's a much more intimate & rewarding experience for the consumer. You can argue he wouldn't sell out a bigger venue, and you may be right, but I think most of us would prefer the intimate old timey theaters. (Maybe some would prefer cheaper tickets in a larger venue, which I could understand, I just wouldn't share that preference)

The price hike is a kick in the pants, I can't argue that. But the drastic markup notwithstanding, I don't think the final cost is all that outrageous for 2017, at least not when considering the demand for these shows.

IMO, something is only overpriced if people don't buy it. It may be too expensive for some, but that doesn't mean it's overpriced, not when there are other people willing to pay the price.

Buyers dictate the market, not sellers.

Edit: in fairness, like my2hands, I have no experience w/ the market in the U.K., and the price tag is hard to justify seeing the prices for Sting, but I stick by what I said above...... the buyer dictates the market, not the seller
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You chose stadium gigs by GNR and U2 as a basis for you thinking the price was fair but you ignored indoor gigs by iron maiden and members of the Dave Matthews band playing the same theatre also for 2 nights with a price of £65 and £52. I personally think that around 370 top price would have been fair. It shouldn't be about squeezing as much as you can from the fans although sadly these days that is exactly what it is.

I guess it just saddens me that i thought Eddie was a bit different to all the rest regarding ticket prices and treating the fans fairly but it appears he's just as greedy as a lot of acts and bands and that kind of hurts after following the band for so long.
    Yeah, we'll agree to disagree.

The prices suck, but it's also becoming the reality of concert going this day in age, at least in my experiences. I'm not personally going to write it off as simply as "it appears he's just as greedy......." because I don't think I know all the details of his situation or the realities of touring. I'm not going to make assumptions about things I'm not sure of.

Peace.
    Yep concerts are becoming increasingly more expensive but not every body has to stick their snout in the trough just because everyone else is doing it. Plenty of big acts are touring at a reasonable price.

Of course we don't know every detail of Eddie's tour but you can make a fair comparison to other acts who are charging much less. In Eddie's case he would appear to have much less overheads than a lot of bands as it is a one man show with little or no stage design. His touring crew will be pretty small compared to what PJ would take on the road.

It's a minimalist show being charged at Stadium prices. We cal all draw our own conclusions from that.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

eyejacker said:

eyejacker said:

which show?
    Taormina
    prices is per ticket.
    .4 sections..

Prezzi d'ingresso:
    Cavea Numerata € 97,75

sameis the time of sow,,in one site says 21:45 other says 20:30..i guess we will know all on friday
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262

In London £100 gig tickets are very rare, I think this is the part that people are overlooking.
    Big artists in big venues, big artists in small venues, mid level bands in mid levels venues, it's very very rare that £100 is the norm.
    Sting is playing the same venue as EV and it's £60.00

so sting and ed are playing the exact same venue the price is 40 pounds/euros different. i see that as a major point that's hard to get behind ed and his promoter on.

bump for anyone who can explain this to me.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited March 2017
    I just don't think $103 USD or whatever the conversion is, is that much for a concert in 2017. When a band comes to town, I'm pleasantly surprised if I can get a good seat for under 100. It's just the way it is. Unless it is a really new band, a 100+ dollar ticket is pretty normal. Attending a concert is a privledge not a right.

I'm not saying anyone here does it, but it amazes me when some of my own friends will say they have no money or can't afford something, but then spend 10-15 bucks on a drink at a bar on a regular basis or pay 20 bucks for a "nice" burger and fries. It's about choices.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391

I just don't think $103 USD or whatever the conversion is, is that much for a concert in 2017. When a band comes to town, I'm pleasantly surprised if I can get a good seat for under 100. It's just the way it is. Unless it is a really new band, a 100+ dollar ticket is pretty normal. Attending a concert is a privledge not a right.

I'm not saying anyone here does it, but it amazes me when some of my own friends will say they have no money or can't afford something, but then spend 10-15 bucks on a drink at a bar on a regular basis or pay 20 bucks for a "nice" burger and fries. It's about choices.

No concert is a cheap concert (for the bands I like at least) while being in college. You are completely right, it is all about choices. I cant stand when other students complain about being broke when they go out constantly. I went to two shows last year, i picked up extra shifts, and maybe went out one time over the course of saving and really being aware of how I could save.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

In London £100 gig tickets are very rare, I think this is the part that people are overlooking.
    Big artists in big venues, big artists in small venues, mid level bands in mid levels venues, it's very very rare that £100 is the norm.
    Sting is playing the same venue as EV and it's £60.00

so sting and ed are playing the exact same venue the price is 40 pounds/euros different. i see that as a major point that's hard to get behind ed and his promoter on.

bump for anyone who can explain this to me.
    People are prepared to pay more for Eddie?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited March 2017

At the same time, Pearl Jam has backed themselves into this corner by fighting expansive tickets in the past. It is what it is.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Also, lets say these shows sold out at a lower price.. people would be happy to find and then pay these current prices on the secondary market it seems
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
This discussion has been closed.