Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Opinion | I helped prosecute Watergate. Comey’s statement is sufficient evidence for an obstruction of justice case. - The Washington Post
    https://apple.news/AnLig-DwkRgqNeNE_BNt7tw

Nixon went down for a lot less than what orange bafoon has already admitted !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    Lol dude harping on "I hope" and Comey said "I took it as direction"...not sure that is the answer he was hoping for.
  • Options
    Comey is laying out an obstruction case pretty clearly.

Shocked. I wasn't strong enough.  It was a cowardly.  

All intimidation.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214

All intimidation.
    and Comey just said the Russians committed a hostile act against our country in reference to the election. most intelligent people knew that but holy shit to hear him say it...
  • Options
    “Why would you kick the attorney general out of the room before talking to me about something legitimate?”
  • Options
    Comey leaked the memos to prompt a special counsel.  He is 90435834098 steps ahead of Trump at every turn.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    GOP talking points coming out now
    http://boingboing.net/2017/06/07/rnc-talking-points-comey.html?fk_bb
    How long before the resident tRumpeters are here regurgitating this propaganda/spin? 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    and Comey just said the Russians committed a hostile act against our country in reference to the election. most intelligent people knew that but holy shit to hear him say it...
    And most people in congress with "R's" next to their name don't care...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    "THE FIELD"
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    Nor do most Americans.  Time to move on from this impeachment pipe dream and deal with the next 7.5 years.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    Nor do most Americans.  Time to move on from this impeachment pipe dream and deal with the next 7.5 years.
    his record disapproval rating would suggest otherwise. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    You might have missed this from a couple of days ago:

SUPPORT FOR DONALD TRUMP'S IMPEACHMENT IS NOW HIGHER THAN HIS APPROVAL RATING

"The president's approval rating dipped from nearly 42 percent to just 36 percent over the weekend, according to a Gallup daily tracking poll published Monday. Trump's declining popularity is inching closer toward his all-time low of 35 percent as president in March, when Gallup had the president’s approval at just 35 percent. What's more, nearly 43 percent of American voters support the idea of beginning the official impeachment process for Trump, according to a Politico/Morning Consult poll published Wednesday."

While you're technically correct that "most" Americans don't care currently, a great many do, and the number continues to grow. We're only 6 months in. No way does he last 7.5 more years. I don't see him lasting .5 more.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    Nice wording there.  "Deal with" the 7.5 years.  Hmm, so even his supporters are using unfavorable tones when speaking about his occupation.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    Is there an opportunity cost to discussing impeachment that negates the population's ability to "deal with the next 7.5 years"? I don't think the two are nearly mutually exclusive. If you don't like the direction of a conversation about impeachment, however, you're welcome to avoid discussion threads with the word "impeachment" in its very title. It's unlikely that much else will be discussed here.

Also, it seems incredibly pre-emptive and assumptive five months into a President's term, where public Senate hearings are taking place to discuss undue influence in the election results, to discuss Trump's hypothetical and far-from-certain second term.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    "THE FIELD"
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    Nice wording there.  "Deal with" the 7.5 years.  Hmm, so even his supporters are using unfavorable tones when speaking about his occupation.
    I'm not a supporter.  I'm just burned out on the "impending impeachment" talk (not just here but everywhere).  That's not going to happen.  And given how we all thought he was going lose every step of the way...I think we're overestimating the American people (particularly when adjusting them for the electoral college).

And those people in the middle; the ones who probably don't have strong feelings?  They're going to grow sick of the consistent effort to bring him down.  Remember the wacko Trump supporter who said "forget the polls; Trump's going to win." They were right.  It's bad enough that 35% of the people are shown in polls as approving this clown.  But I've grown weary of all poll-taking over the couple of years that indicates people don't love this guy.  OK, the 7.5 years probably exposed the shit out of my pessimism.  We don't know who he'll be running against in 2020.  Thank god that election's not today because he would not be beatable.  After all, who do the Dems even have?  They'd probably just run Hillary.  

I know Trump's polarizing but the American people are, overall, content that he's President.  And there is zero chance for impeachment, so it's time to get off of the edge of our seats waiting for the Impeach Fairy, play some defense in the 2018 Senate races, and try to take a couple of seats in the House.  And yeah, if we go all the way to 2020 still trying to oust him, he'll be more likely to win again.  Underestimating (or rather, overestimating) the electorate crushed us in 2016 and continuing to do so will have the same results.  At this point, you'd be crazy to rule out the possibility of Ivanka as our next President.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    \
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.
    I'm not a supporter.  I'm just burned out on the "impending impeachment" talk (not just here but everywhere).  That's not going to happen.  And given how we all thought he was going lose every step of the way...I think we're overestimating the American people (particularly when adjusting them for the electoral college).

And those people in the middle; the ones who probably don't have strong feelings?  They're going to grow sick of the consistent effort to bring him down.  Remember the wacko Trump supporter who said "forget the polls; Trump's going to win." They were right.  It's bad enough that 35% of the people are shown in polls as approving this clown.  But I've grown weary of all poll-taking over the couple of years that indicates people don't love this guy.  OK, the 7.5 years probably exposed the shit out of my pessimism.  We don't know who he'll be running against in 2020.  Thank god that election's not today because he would not be beatable.  After all, who do the Dems even have?  They'd probably just run Hillary.  

I know Trump's polarizing but the American people are, overall, content that he's President.  And there is zero chance for impeachment, so it's time to get off of the edge of our seats waiting for the Impeach Fairy, play some defense in the 2018 Senate races, and try to take a couple of seats in the House.  And yeah, if we go all the way to 2020 still trying to oust him, he'll be more likely to win again.  Underestimating (or rather, overestimating) the electorate crushed us in 2016 and continuing to do so will have the same results.  At this point, you'd be crazy to rule out the possibility of Ivanka as our next President.  
    The way I see it, if you're complacent about him, you're a supporter.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.

the process has barely begun. it's not time to "give up" on impeachment. hey, if he's innocent on all charges, then fine. for me, this isn't about impeachment. it's about the truth. an investigation needs to happen. and it is happening. there's loads of time for the dems to prepare for 2020. 

I can't say for sure that he did anything KNOWINGLY wrong. I believe it's possible he's just ignorant of the law with regards to something like obstruction of justice, and that he just did what he would always do in a business setting: try to influence people to do what is best for himself. 

it took 2 years to impeach nixon. and there was rock solid evidence of wrongdoing. this isn't going away if more comes to light. it will if nothing comes of this. 

but just simply saying "oh stop it already!" is not the proper reaction to have with so much at stake. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.

zero chance really? British odds makers have it as 55-60% he will be impeached. he has admitted to obstruction of justice. his cabinet has multiple people under investigation 5 months into his first term.  You are either trolling or..., either way if i was you i wouldn't wager that impeachment isn't going to happen. odds are not in your favor
  • Options
    Even the chairman today mentioned "we've had 9 of these hearings so far this year, twice more than we average in a full year."  It's June.  We're not even halfway into the year and less than 5 months into his term.
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    \
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.

It's about being complacent; it's about addressing it in a different way.  I'm nervous about 2018.  Go after him like you would GWB...on the 2018 campaign trail, make it about issues (even though I know the "issues" are about 10% of what makes this presidency such a fiasco).  Use Trump against the GOPers that are running.  He (and his party) pulled out of the Paris Agreement and I think that kind of thing will resonate with some of the middle.  But do they view this as "trying to smear him?"  As this goes on, we'll see.

I think 2018 is going to be very interesting.  Will Trump's coattails be effective for GOPers?  Will GOPers distance themselves from him or not?  And, either way, how will they do, particularly in the House? I think that will tell us more than any approval pools.  It's disheartening to see body-slamming bullies win in Montana (though, it is Montana and most votes were cast before the fireworks) and similarly, that Republican is going to win in Georgia.  But after another year and a half of the daily embarrassing charade, who knows? 

I think 2018 may come out better if some of this pre-impeachment activity goes away.  

But if he does get impeached, I am sure someone will quote me and I'll admit  to being wrong.  Right now, in this party-first climate, with GOP control of both houses, I don't see it happening.  And after November of 2018, we should still have GOP control of both houses, though possibly a closer margin in the House.  

President Pence?  I won't call that worse. But it's not a lofty goal.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    \
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

All intimidation.

It's about being complacent; it's about addressing it in a different way.  I'm nervous about 2018.  Go after him like you would GWB...on the 2018 campaign trail, make it about issues (even though I know the "issues" are about 10% of what makes this presidency such a fiasco).  Use Trump against the GOPers that are running.  He (and his party) pulled out of the Paris Agreement and I think that kind of thing will resonate with some of the middle.  But do they view this as "trying to smear him?"  As this goes on, we'll see.

I think 2018 is going to be very interesting.  Will Trump's coattails be effective for GOPers?  Will GOPers distance themselves from him or not?  And, either way, how will they do, particularly in the House? I think that will tell us more than any approval pools.  It's disheartening to see body-slamming bullies win in Montana (though, it is Montana and most votes were cast before the fireworks) and similarly, that Republican is going to win in Georgia.  But after another year and a half of the daily embarrassing charade, who knows? 

I think 2018 may come out better if some of this pre-impeachment activity goes away.  

But if he does get impeached, I am sure someone will quote me and I'll admit  to being wrong.  Right now, in this party-first climate, with GOP control of both houses, I don't see it happening.  And after November of 2018, we should still have GOP control of both houses, though possibly a closer margin in the House.  

President Pence?  I won't call that worse. But it's not a lofty goal.
    Why not both?

Investigate and Impeach should be the mantra from now until midterms and beyond.  Let the GOP decide for themselves whether they want to align themselves with tRump and his failed policies along the way.  

Give them an inch and they will take a mile.  
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2017
    Surely after the nuclear testimony of Comey today President Trump has now been assigned to the fast lane for impeachment right? I mean all that .........stuff he said, wowee, lordy, talk about a hole in one.  Impeachment is imminent right?

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    "THE FIELD"
    Surely after the nuclear testimony of Comey today President Trump has now been assigned to the fast lane for impeachment right? I mean all that .........stuff he said, wowee, lordy, talk about a hole in one.  Impeachment is imminent right?

There wasn't a smoking gun in there, but it's not every day you learn the President of the United States is being investigated for obstruction of justice. Except for that one time back in the 70s.

I'm still dubious this whole thing is going to end in Trump's impeachment, but that need not be the goal anyway. The longer the Republican party at large remains chained to this Trump albatross, the better for the Democrats. They need to keep tying the two together.

Judging from today's testimony, Jeff Sessions sounds like he's the next to be in some deep ... what's the Russian word for "shit?" 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833

There wasn't a smoking gun in there, but it's not every day you learn the President of the United States is being investigated for obstruction of justice. Except for that one time back in the 70s.

I'm still dubious this whole thing is going to end in Trump's impeachment, but that need not be the goal anyway. The longer the Republican party at large remains chained to this Trump albatross, the better for the Democrats. They need to keep tying the two together.

Judging from today's testimony, Jeff Sessions sounds like he's the next to be in some deep ... what's the Russian word for "shit?" 
    Putin 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    did you feel that earthquake this afternoon?

that was the beginning of the end of an administration. he may not end up being impeached, but he will not win a second term. the majority of people voted against him last time, and more people are just over him now. trump fatigue is real for middle of the road voters, and the gop is going to find that out the hard way if they do not begin to distance themselves now.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    "THE FIELD"
    I honestly believe if we had been allowed to re-vote on like Feb. 1, he would have lost. To a lot of people, he's a joke that seemed funny at the time but not not really. 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Sounded pretty incriminating to me. Way more than the email and Benghazi nonsense that was drummed up. You know the investigation is still open, right? Just another 32 more congressional hearings, $7 million dollars and two years of investigating before we meet the standard the GOP set for itself. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,665
    Cue the, "Trump is a brilliant master strategist playing 3D chess and the only person who looks like a liar is Comey and now Trump has everyone where he wants them, including the republicans who will solidify their power in congress by gaining seats in 2018 which leads to Trump's re-election in 2020 as those brilliant headlines fade away any day now" post.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    did you feel that earthquake this afternoon?

that was the beginning of the end of an administration. he may not end up being impeached, but he will not win a second term. the majority of people voted against him last time, and more people are just over him now. trump fatigue is real for middle of the road voters, and the gop is going to find that out the hard way if they do not begin to distance themselves now.
    How many of us thought he'd win a first term.  The electoral college will still favor him.  For the Dems to have a chance, they'll have to find someone that's more than "not Trump." Obama had a great combo of energy and (unlike Hillary) minimal history of shenanigans.  I have no idea who that person's going to be but hopefully that person is out there somewhere ready to be that positive force with minimal baggage that brings people to the polls.  The Dems have to go for the win (as opposed to just being "not Trump"); they can't count on Trump beating himself because his followers will never stop supporting him.  

But NOBODY, not Democrats, liberals, moderates, or any other people that don't want Trump to be President should just be taking comfort in the fact that he's a buffoon and he's going to lose.  Look how well that worked out last time.