***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm not sure what the deal is here.  Even the lawyers can't seem to agree on this.  Is there anyone here qualified to really know what is what here?  I know I'm not!

The White House is considering making the case that Mr. Trump has not been impeached based on an opinion piece by Harvard Law Professor Noah Feldman on Bloomberg's opinion page Thursday. Feldman was one of the legal experts called by Democrats to testify before the House Judiciary Committee earlier this month and has advocated for Mr. Trump's impeachment and removal from office.

"Impeachment as contemplated by the Constitution does not consist merely of the vote by the House, but of the process of sending the articles to the Senate for trial," Feldman wrote in Bloomberg. "Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial."

"If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn't actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn't truly impeached at all," Feldman wrote.

However, Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe wrote on Twitter that he disagreed with Feldman's analysis, saying that "under Art. I, Sec. 2, Clause 5, he was impeached on Dec 18, 2019. He will forever remain impeached. Period." That portion of the Constitution says that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

It doesn't really matter. It's basically Constitutional lawyers arguing over what the history books would say if a meteor hit DC tomorrow. 
    They'll say impeached.  He has been charged officially with high crimes and misdemeanors.  He hasn't been convicted.  It's pretty straightforward
    The guy who made the argument, Noah Feldman, was a Democrat witness in the hearings. He's not some hack from OANN. It's an interesting argument if you care enough to indulge it. It's definitely not worth pounding your fist on the table over, though.
    It doesn't make a difference to me who is making the argument.  It's specious because there's nothing in the Constitution that says it's some continuous process and if part two isn't completed, then it's "null and void" which is what the Trump team is trying to argue.  Each chamber has their role.  Once the House votes, he's impeached.  And then the trial starts.  Even when acquitted, he's impeached, just like Johnson and Clinton.  

word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    "THE FIELD"
    I can maybe see the argument if the House never delivers it to the Senate but I don’t think it’s going to play out like that.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    mace1229 said:
    He’s officially impeached but since Pelosi has not sent the articles to the Senate, it’s tantamount to someone being charged with or indicted on a crime, but are out on bail with their court date pending. 
    I would agree he is impeached. But I don’t agree with this analogy and is why I don’t think it is far-fetched for those who claim he hasn’t been impeached yet. There is no pending trial.
    Its more like being out on bail but the prosecutor refuses to set a trial date so they can hang the label of being charged over your head indefinitely. At some point a judge is going to say Move forward with a trial or drop the charges.
    I think in 75 years when anyone who can remember this is dead or senile history will remember this as an impeachment with all democratic votes who decided they didn’t have enough for trial.
    Duh...what happens when it goes to the senate in a few weeks?

People really think this isn’t going to the senate? Are these the same people who thought he wasn’t going to be impeached in the first place?

Come on...

www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,739
    edited December 2019
    She has made it clear, once the senate negotiates the rules for the trial she will send them over...

This is now on mitch. who is up for re-election
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    "THE FIELD"
    mickeyrat said:
    She has made it clear, once the senate negotiates the rules for the trial she will send them over...

In Kentucky 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:

In Kentucky 
    Exactly. I have some bad news about what his constituency wants...
    edited December 2019
    pjl44 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:

In Kentucky 
    Exactly. I have some bad news about what his constituency wants...
    Well they just elected a Democrat for governor...despite Trump stumping for the republican. 

Plus, folks, it’s not just Kentucky Mitch has to concern himself with. He’s more focused on purple state republicans up for re-election. 

Vast majority of Americans, Republicans included, want a fair trial. 
    www.myspace.com
    Trump/McConnell get more radioactive daily.

Nobody likes those idiots.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    ikiT said:

I wish it was nobody!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    ikiT said:

Trump's approval rating seems to be increasing every day. I just can't understand how this can be possible.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Edved82 said:
    ikiT said:

Trump's approval rating seems to be increasing every day. I just can't understand how this can be possible.

42.8 % of Americans support Trump.  What a weird time in our history this is.  So much madness, it's unsettling. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    Edved82 said:
    ikiT said:

42.8 % of Americans support Trump.  What a weird time in our history this is.  So much madness, it's unsettling. 
    ...which is actually down .6% from a week ago and lower than any other incumbent at this point in their term in the history of polling. 

Just want to make sure we keep things in perspective. 
    www.myspace.com
    it's fucking way less. 

I live in rural MD and MAGA hats and Trump/Pence signs and stickers in public is my metric.  ZERO.
    brianlux said:
    Edved82 said:
    ikiT said:

...which is actually down .6% from a week ago and lower than any other incumbent at this point in their term in the history of polling. 

further, this or other polls, what was the sample size, demographic, questions asked etc......WHO conducted the polling......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RYMERYME Posts: 1,904
    edited December 2019
    mace1229 said:
    He’s officially impeached but since Pelosi has not sent the articles to the Senate, it’s tantamount to someone being charged with or indicted on a crime, but are out on bail with their court date pending. 
    I would agree he is impeached. But I don’t agree with this analogy and is why I don’t think it is far-fetched for those who claim he hasn’t been impeached yet. There is no pending trial.
    Its more like being out on bail but the prosecutor refuses to set a trial date so they can hang the label of being charged over your head indefinitely. At some point a judge is going to say Move forward with a trial or drop the charges.
    I think in 75 years when anyone who can remember this is dead or senile history will remember this as an impeachment with all democratic votes who decided they didn’t have enough for trial.

People really think this isn’t going to the senate? Are these the same people who thought he wasn’t going to be impeached in the first place?

Come on...

They were in a big hurry to get him impeached why are they dragging their feet now?  To delay the inevitable?
    Post edited by RYME on
    He's going to be the first  impeached president to be re-elected.

• RYME said:
    mace1229 said:

Come on...

They were in a big hurry to get him impeached why are they dragging their feet now?
    Wow, two lies in one question. You topped Team Trump Treason but you should be asking yourself why Team Trump Treason didn’t allow any of his Administration officials to testify before the House committees, particularly the Impeachment 4, release any of the documents requested by the House, testify before the House committee with his attorney present, despite the invitation to do so, and why Moscow Mitchy baby won’t allow witnesses in the upcoming senate trial. Too much critical thought, maybe?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    RYME said:
    mace1229 said:

Come on...

They were in a big hurry to get him impeached why are they dragging their feet now?
    Wow, two lies in one question. You topped Team Trump Treason but you should be asking yourself why Team Trump Treason didn’t allow any of his Administration officials to testify before the House committees, particularly the Impeachment 4, release any of the documents requested by the House, testify before the House committee with his attorney present, despite the invitation to do so, and why Moscow Mitchy baby won’t allow witnesses in the upcoming senate trial. Too much critical thought, maybe?
    No, The Sea of Stupidity that you swim in is deep and wide.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    mace1229 said:

Come on...

So why not allow his cabinet members and senior officials to testify?

I'm not clear on what your argument is.  Are you saying he didn't withhold aid to Ukraine unless the Zelensky announced the investigation?  Or are you saying he did do that and it's fine?  Which one?
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,291
    edited December 2019
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    mace1229 said:

Come on...

Ummmm, sure. I thought the Sea of Stupidity was what the magical ferry sailed through with Putin on the ritz at the helm. And I only swim in currents, no seas 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    mace1229 said:

Come on...

I'm not clear on what your argument is.  Are you saying he didn't withhold aid to Ukraine unless the Zelensky announced the investigation?  Or are you saying he did do that and it's fine?  Which one?
    We are well beond that.  Don't insult yourself.

Ryme, nothing you say ever makes coherent sense. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    edited December 2019
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    mace1229 said:

Come on...

We are well beond that.  Don't insult yourself.

We're beyond the point of the articles?  Why don't you catch me up by answering the question.  Just curious to which of the two defenses you subscribe. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    mickeyrat said:

My take was nice she can agree on the tules. So what happens if they never agree?
    brianlux said:
    Edved82 said:
    ikiT said:

I so hope you are right!
    ikiT said:
    it's fucking way less. 

I live in rural MD and MAGA hats and Trump/Pence signs and stickers in public is my metric.  ZERO.
    Again, so hope that is the case!
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Edved82 said:
    ikiT said:

further, this or other polls, what was the sample size, demographic, questions asked etc......WHO conducted the polling......
    Good point! 

I don't see how T could have more supporters than one or two gymnasiums full of deranged maniacs (a few of whom I call my friends and for whom I hope they find good help for their condition, LOL).

mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    She has made it clear, onince the senate negotiates the rules for the trial she will send them over...

My take was nice she can agree on the tules. So what happens if they never agree?
    its not about her agreeing to the rules its about knowing what they are.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    She has made it clear, onince the senate negotiates the rules for the trial she will send them over...

I never notice my horrible typos until someone quotes me. Is that just me?
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I never notice my horrible typos until someone quotes me. Is that just me?
    its about 50/50 for me

fat fingers on a virtual keyboard don't play well together at times....

• Dimitri Firtash. Get to know the name and the background. You’re willfully ignorant if you don’t. 

Hey! How’s Rodger Dodger Stoned dooing? Manaforte? Prolly thinking what’s taking so long? Too bad they don’t realize they’re wipes. Well, at their ages, they’re disposable. They lived colorful lives. Suckers.

Brilliantati©