***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• mrussel1 said:

Again I'll ask because apparently I am "ignorant"...

No where do yo mention that Trump wanted other countries to interfere with an election.  

That is what I am missing and you did too, but I'm ignorant?

Come now...

No I don't support Trump but the reach here is just that.  Reaching.  

I'm still waiting for someone to show me the evidence of where Trump asked for the election interference?
    You don't understand how asking a foreign gov't to launch a sham investigation into his most likely 2020 rival, and demanding it be done on television, while tying it to aid isn't attempting to interfere and corrupt the election? You don't see how he is using the power of the presidency to give himself an unfair advantage and leveraging OUR tax dollars to do it?
    He would have multiple rivals in the upcoming election, is he going to have them all investigated?  Having it tied to aid is not interfering with the upcoming election...  It can be assumed or implied, that is it.  It isn't cut and dry. So no.

Not seeing how he used his presidency to "leverage" an advantage.  No on that too.

Just not seeing it the way you all do which is interesting, if you dislike Trump, he's guilty.  You like Trump, he's innocent.

I don't care for Trump but I think he is innocent.

I guess I'm in the center then...

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    mrussel1 said:

No where do yo mention that Trump wanted other countries to interfere with an election.  

Come now...

I'm still waiting for someone to show me the evidence of where Trump asked for the election interference?
    You don't understand how asking a foreign gov't to launch a sham investigation into his most likely 2020 rival, and demanding it be done on television, while tying it to aid isn't attempting to interfere and corrupt the election? You don't see how he is using the power of the presidency to give himself an unfair advantage and leveraging OUR tax dollars to do it?
    He would have multiple rivals in the upcoming election, is he going to have them all investigated?  Having it tied to aid is not interfering with the upcoming election...  It can be assumed or implied, that is it.  It isn't cut and dry. So no.

Not seeing how he used his presidency to "leverage" an advantage.  No on that too.

Just not seeing it the way you all do which is interesting, if you dislike Trump, he's guilty.  You like Trump, he's innocent.

He has multiple rivals in the election - what BS. Biden has been the front runner with the strongest name recognition since this campaign started. To claim that this is innocent betrays all prior knowledge of Trump and how he conducts himself. 

Your conclusion that your opinion on Trump is purely related to whether you ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ him is fucking dumb, and fucking baseless, and fucking insulting. Some of us follow logic, not the bullshit rhetoric thrust at us on a regular basis. 

I can’t believe that intelligent humans who can string a sentence together can’t see the egregious behaviours at play. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • “There was no collusion.”
    “I have nothing to hide.”
    “I don’t know any Russians.”
    “I’ll sit down and talk with anyone.”
    “We do everything by the book.”
    “Only the guilty plea the fifth.”
    “Very legal, very cool.”
    “Fully exonerated.”
    “Essentially no obstruction.”
    “Very friendly and totally appropriate.”
    “No quid pro quo.”

Follow the money from Russia with love and a PTape all the way to impeachment.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

He has multiple rivals in the election - what BS. Biden has been the front runner with the strongest name recognition since this campaign started. To claim that this is innocent betrays all prior knowledge of Trump and how he conducts himself. 

Your conclusion that your opinion on Trump is purely related to whether you ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ him is fucking dumb, and fucking baseless, and fucking insulting. Some of us follow logic, not the bullshit rhetoric thrust at us on a regular basis. 

I can’t believe that intelligent humans who can string a sentence together can’t see the egregious behaviours at play. 
    You want logic then?  Look at who voted for impeachment, all democrats.  You see who voted no?  All republicans and 3 dems.

Last I checked the democrats didn't like him.

I'd love to ask what side of the aisle everyone is that is for the impeachment.  My guess would all be along party lines.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

You want logic then?  Look at who voted for impeachment, all democrats.  You see who voted no?  All republicans and 3 dems.

I'd love to ask what side of the aisle everyone is that is for the impeachment.  My guess would all be along party lines.

so that's evidence to you of what? all that shows me is republicans have hitched their wagons to this asshole where they previously all said he was an asshole because it's politically expedient for them to do so. for democrats? this could blow up in their faces in 2020, but they did it anyway. who has more to lose?

he told zelinsky he needed a PERSONAL/POLITICAL favour, not a favor for the nation, for himself and his campaign, using taxpayer congress-approved funds as the carrot. and guili-fucking-ani is STILL DOING IT. 

how is that not impeachable??
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

so that's evidence to you of what? all that shows me is republicans have hitched their wagons to this asshole where they previously all said he was an asshole because it's politically expedient for them to do so. for democrats? this could blow up in their faces in 2020, but they did it anyway. who has more to lose?

he told zelinsky he needed a PERSONAL/POLITICAL favour, not a favor for the nation, for himself and his campaign, using taxpayer congress-approved funds as the carrot. and guili-fucking-ani is STILL DOING IT. 

how is that not impeachable??
    "so that's evidence to you of what?"  Evidence that the people whom didn't like him went full on and hitched their wagon to impeachment.  Hell there was a member that posted a thread "should Trump be impeached?"  THE DAY HE WAS ELECTED!

It can be implied that it was for his campaign, that's it.

That is the direction the dems are leading the impeachment findings to be.

It falls short in my eyes.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

Trump made a calculation that Biden would be the candidate.  So are you saying that it was happenstance that Biden is on his radar here?  Are you saying that he is truly trying to root out corruption?  If you don't see what I'm saying, how do you explain his behavior?  Is it just a series of unfortunate events?
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

Trump made a calculation that Biden would be the candidate.  So are you saying that it was happenstance that Biden is on his radar here?  Are you saying that he is truly trying to root out corruption?  If you don't see what I'm saying, how do you explain his behavior?  Is it just a series of unfortunate events?
    I've said this before, Trump is vindictive and anyone that utters a bad word against him he goes after.

That is how I see it.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

I've said this before, Trump is vindictive and anyone that utters a bad word against him he goes after.

That is how I see it.
    Okay, so using tax payer dollars to induce a foreign government to investigate someone you don't like isn't impeachable?  That's a not a breach of the people's trust?  That's pretty fucking corrupt.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I'll admit my work life has been crazy a few months and I don't know as many details as I would like. But this is my perception so far. As tempo said, some have been calling for impeachment since the day he was elected.  So at the very least this has obviously been a goal since before he was even sworn in. With Christmas break 2 days away hopefully I'll have time to read more up on it, but it definitely has a ring of crying wolf based on the last 3 years, and that the goal wasn't to enforce democracy, but instead undo an election they didn't like. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Well at least if Biden wins we will have a POTUS with an impeccable record and guarded public speaking that will in no way open himself up to the GOP using this as a precident to launch a similar show in a few years.  Whew.  
    So you think what Trump did with Ukraine is either acceptable or standard presidential behavior?
    What I think is that this will get shot down in the Senate. 
    So because of that looming scenario you believe this should of never been done? In other words let him do what ever he wants since he is the president..

I may be wrong about it getting shot down in the senate if the plan was to never send it there.  We shall see. 
    I too believe it will die in the Senate but feel it still has to be done to be on the record books that in 2019 the House did its constitutional duty 

100% agreed.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

That is how I see it.
    Okay, so using tax payer dollars to induce a foreign government to investigate someone you don't like isn't impeachable?  That's a not a breach of the people's trust?  That's pretty fucking corrupt.  
    That is where the Quid Pro Quo would come in to play.  That won't be proven either.

Optics aren't good and I get that but too much hearsay and too much stretching by the dems for this.

Look if you think politics is all by the book then maybe we have a bigger problem.  It's not.  It's dirty and some are better than others at it.
    mace1229 said:
    I'll admit my work life has been crazy a few months and I don't know as many details as I would like. But this is my perception so far. As tempo said, some have been calling for impeachment since the day he was elected.  So at the very least this has obviously been a goal since before he was even sworn in. With Christmas break 2 days away hopefully I'll have time to read more up on it, but it definitely has a ring of crying wolf based on the last 3 years, and that the goal wasn't to enforce democracy, but instead undo an election they didn't like. 
    This is also an unusual argument.  Everyone knows from the beginning that this would die in the Senate.  So how are the Dems trying to undo the election?  We are less than a year from the election.  How do you undo a three year old election?  They're obviously making a principled stand.  Second, Pelosi has not called for impeachment from day one.  So who cares what Maxine Waters said.  Nancy is the one that needed to be convinced that the behavior rose to that level.  She resisted the calls during the Russia probe.  But this was a bridge too far.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

That is how I see it.
    That is where the Quid Pro Quo would come in to play.  That won't be proven either.

Optics aren't good and I get that but too much hearsay and too much stretching by the dems for this.

Look if you think politics is all by the book then maybe we have a bigger problem.  It's not.  It's dirty and some are better than others at it.
    So you think through all of the witness testimonies, the texts, the Gordon Sundlands, it hasn't been proven that Trump demanded that the Uke gov't do this for the aid? WTF do you need as proof?  A signed affidavit by Trump?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    mace1229 said:
    The other side of this is I definitely think it's been handled sloppily by Democrats. You're right about the crying wolf stuff. They also should have called some key guys (or used the courts to compel those they did call) like Mulvaney, Bolton, etc. Now they're playing games with sending it to the Senate.

In my view, he committed impeachable offenses but those tasked with holding him accountable aren't doing themselves any favors. The whole thing is being driven into the ground by partisanship. I choose to drink.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited December 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    This is also an unusual argument.  Everyone knows from the beginning that this would die in the Senate.  So how are the Dems trying to undo the election?  We are less than a year from the election.  How do you undo a three year old election?  They're obviously making a principled stand.  Second, Pelosi has not called for impeachment from day one.  So who cares what Maxine Waters said.  Nancy is the one that needed to be convinced that the behavior rose to that level.  She resisted the calls during the Russia probe.  But this was a bridge too far.  
    True. But my point was it has been an agenda for many dems for 3 years, before any of this even happened. And maybe they don't think they can undo the election, but maybe they believed (and still do?) it would hurt his chances for reelection, especially if they delay the trial until closer to November.
    Like I said, I'm not convinced one way or another at this point. But based on the fact that many people were demanding impeachment before he was even sworn in makes me lean towards this was probably a stretch. I may change my mind when I have a chance to follow up more on it.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    The responses on this forum are driving me to not only drink, but chug. Ugh.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    And, yeah, the House does what they have to do regardless of what the Senate might do. They could have done a much better job in getting some testimony out in the open, but at least you're putting people on the record. I can't help but think if they had done a better job in the hearings, it puts Senate Republicans in a tighter spot to hold the line.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    True. But my point was it has been an agenda for many dems for 3 years, before any of this even happened. And maybe they don't think they can undo the election, but maybe they believed (and still do?) it would hurt his chances for reelection, especially if they delay the trial until closer to November.
    Like I said, I'm not convinced one way or another at this point. But based on the fact that many people were demanding impeachment before he was even sworn in makes me lean towards this was probably a stretch. I may change my mind when I have a chance to follow up more on it.
    It's possible to have a bunch of bad actors who want to railroad a guy and a guy who operates in a way that allows himself to get railroaded. Which is what I think happened here.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    pjl44 said:
    And, yeah, the House does what they have to do regardless of what the Senate might do. They could have done a much better job in getting some testimony out in the open, but at least you're putting people on the record. I can't help but think if they had done a better job in the hearings, it puts Senate Republicans in a tighter spot to hold the line.
    How were they supposed to do a better job of getting people to testify when the president openly told them not to?
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

That is how I see it.

So you think through all of the witness testimonies, the texts, the Gordon Sundlands, it hasn't been proven that Trump demanded that the Uke gov't do this for the aid? WTF do you need as proof?  A signed affidavit by Trump?
    Shit, even Congressional Republicans acknowledge what he did. They take the angle of "hey, that's what foreign aid is for - to get other nations to work in your interests." Which obviously I have several issues with. But anyone arguing that that isn't even what happened is in a small circle at this point.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    tbergs said:
    The responses on this forum are driving me to not only drink, but chug. Ugh.
    I couldn't believe what I was reading this morning. Had to step away for the afternoon .Unreal. 
    www.myspace.com
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    How were they supposed to do a better job of getting people to testify when the president openly told them not to?
    Use the courts. Who knows if it would have been successful, but they didn't even try. These are people with first hand knowledge. They chose to leave that for the Senate trial and I think you and I would both be skeptical about how that's gonna go.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Well at least if Biden wins we will have a POTUS with an impeccable record and guarded public speaking that will in no way open himself up to the GOP using this as a precident to launch a similar show in a few years.  Whew.  
    So you think what Trump did with Ukraine is either acceptable or standard presidential behavior?
    What I think is that this will get shot down in the Senate. 
    So because of that looming scenario you believe this should of never been done? In other words let him do what ever he wants since he is the president..
    I would say that what he did goes on everyday in politics.  The Dems are so hellbent at ousting him that they found their shot and took it and will fail miserably.

I tell you I am about fed up w politics and the lack of bipartisanship and please don't tell me it's all the rep fault.  That is what IS wrong w politics.
    It literally does not. Did you suffer a stroke? That's why hardly any republicans are agreeing with him that it was a "perfect call." 

You think it's common for presidents to call upon foreign leaders and essentially ask them to interfere in our election for their own personal benefit? And then hold up much needed aid until they do? And then block a lawfully investigation into such an act?

Ladies and gentlemen....welcome to the twilight zone. 

What the fuck.

You think it's common for presidents to call upon foreign leaders and essentially ask them to interfere in our election for their own personal benefit?

I have a problem with this because that is not what happened.  Sorry, not buyng this for a second.  You can imply that but that is not what happened.
    You have lost your mind. 
    Trump wanted him investigated.  Where does it say that he wanted foreign countries to interfere w the election?  If that happened then I missed that.
    1. Trump didn't care if he was investigated, he cared that it was announced on cable news that he was going to be investigated.  
    2. We have laws on the books that provide a method for the DOJ to investigate the actions of US nationals in overseas dealings.  This is the proper and lawful method to handle such situation.  
    3. The administration was withholding congressionally appropriated aid until the announcement took place.  This aid was critical for the Ukrainian gov't to defend itself in an actual hot war.

I feel like you really didn't pay attention to this whole deal.  
    The republicans have been successful at getting a segment of the population to believe a separate set of alternative facts. My head was hurting this morning responding to this stuff. 
    www.myspace.com
  • i woke up happy today. i am proud of the house for their efforts. except tulsi. is there a more spineless democrat than her? everyone took a stance and got on record as for constitution or for trump. except tulsi. what an embarrassment.

this may die in the senate. it may not. pelosi is under no obligation to deliver articles to the senate right now. if whistleblowers keep coming forward they may be able to impeach him again.

i really wish the mueller report 10 crimes were part of the articles.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited December 2019
    How many times have the words.. "If our Founding Framers where in this hall, what would they say?" been said since this started?

I personally think they would say something like..... "How did you get torches in the ceiling to make this light? or
    "What's that Black Magic thing in your hand (phone)? or "Why are women and slaves in the chairs that belong to Congress MEN? " --- 

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    Use the courts. Who knows if it would have been successful, but they didn't even try. These are people with first hand knowledge. They chose to leave that for the Senate trial and I think you and I would both be skeptical about how that's gonna go.
    The case is in front of the SCOTUS now, as far as the extent of executive privilege.  the Democrats did not want to wait for that to be resolved, which I think was the right call.  If the House wins the case, they can always file the subpoenas at that point.  I think it was the right call because the SCOTUS could kick it to the next term.  
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Come now...

That is how I see it.

Shit, even Congressional Republicans acknowledge what he did. They take the angle of "hey, that's what foreign aid is for - to get other nations to work in your interests." Which obviously I have several issues with. But anyone arguing that that isn't even what happened is in a small circle at this point.
    And that's the really interesting thing about this.  They don't even have a unified defense.  Trump says it was "perfect", Mulvaney says quids are fine, Republicans (and Tempo) say it didn't happen, Guiliani came out yesterday and basically admitted it on cable news.  So half the GOP is saying it's okay to do and the other half is saying it didn't happen.  
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    The case is in front of the SCOTUS now, as far as the extent of executive privilege.  the Democrats did not want to wait for that to be resolved, which I think was the right call.  If the House wins the case, they can always file the subpoenas at that point.  I think it was the right call because the SCOTUS could kick it to the next term.  
    If you're sending it to a hostile Senate anyway, what's the advantage to rushing? He gets acquitted and you hope for a second go around?
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    If you're sending it to a hostile Senate anyway, what's the advantage to rushing? He gets acquitted and you hope for a second go around?
    Pelosi had to be cognizant of having senators who are running for president being pinned down in the trial during Feb/Mar and beyond.  That's peak primary season.  The trial would run six days a week, leaving no time for Harris, Booker, Sanders, Klobuchar and Warren to campaign.  I think the speedy process was influenced by that factor.