Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Cracks they are appearing. Need the testimony of the whistle blower to seal the deal.

https://apple.news/AX-PD8KPpRAO6QhMAmYNVkg
    And this is before the complaint was released. 

I believe I saw a PBS poll had it at 49% before the complaint too. 

Bottom line is this is just a much easier to digest issue than the Russia investigation is for most people. Easy and quick. A slam dunk, you might say. 
    It really is amazing how different political sides talk about things.  Watching FOX yesterday and the message they were conveying that "impeachment is not wanted by a majority of the country." and yet this poll is growing to "yes" on impeachment.  Show a poll to a conservative and they'll shoot it down too...

The news shows are really getting tiresome.  Does anybody read a source that isn't biased?  Do they exist?
    Yes they exist.  Even Fox's nightly news with Shepard Smith is fairly centered because he isn't a tRump drone.

Comparing MSNBC to Fox isn't fair.  Fox's pundits just outright lie and use false stories and conspiracy theories as support.  MSNBC pundits (Maddow, O'Donnell, etc.) are clearly liberal but they do not lie or use selective facts.  They always present both sides of the story.
    Maddow?  Really?

Shepard Smith I happen to love.  He really is the lone bight spot on all of FOX.
    Yes, really.  She is liberal and she let's you know it.  But she is always the first to let you know when she is using unconfirmed information.  She consistently uses "if this is true" to preface information presented.

yup, the leftist of the left on MSNBC still presents well researched thoughtful discussion on various topics.

Fox hosts bring none of that.

They ARE NOT comparable.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Cracks they are appearing. Need the testimony of the whistle blower to seal the deal.

Bottom line is this is just a much easier to digest issue than the Russia investigation is for most people. Easy and quick. A slam dunk, you might say. 
    It really is amazing how different political sides talk about things.  Watching FOX yesterday and the message they were conveying that "impeachment is not wanted by a majority of the country." and yet this poll is growing to "yes" on impeachment.  Show a poll to a conservative and they'll shoot it down too...

The news shows are really getting tiresome.  Does anybody read a source that isn't biased?  Do they exist?
    Yes they exist.  Even Fox's nightly news with Shepard Smith is fairly centered because he isn't a tRump drone.

Comparing MSNBC to Fox isn't fair.  Fox's pundits just outright lie and use false stories and conspiracy theories as support.  MSNBC pundits (Maddow, O'Donnell, etc.) are clearly liberal but they do not lie or use selective facts.  They always present both sides of the story.
    Maddow?  Really?

Shepard Smith I happen to love.  He really is the lone bight spot on all of FOX.
    Yes, really.  She is liberal and she let's you know it.  But she is always the first to let you know when she is using unconfirmed information.  She consistently uses "if this is true" to preface information presented.

her dramatics are what turn me off. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Maddow?  Really?

I don't like her either.  Repeating the same stuff over and over making a 4 minute segment into 15.

but I hate the false equivalency.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

Maddow?  Really?

I get it....but that's her job and she is very good at it.  I would say you might be confusing passion as dramatic.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Haven't been in this thread in ages and not reading back, buuuuut seems like there is about a 100% chance of impeachment and a 0% chance of the Senate removing him from office, right? 
    That there appears to be the correct data at this point ;)
    Clintons popularity soared after impeachment...
    Which is sad.  Talk about rooting for your team over what is decent and right.
    I guess democrats concern themselves less with a BJ than they do treason. Unlike Republicans.
    I wish democrats would have concerned themselves with a president getting a BJ from a subordinate at work AND I wish the Repubs would concern themselves with a lawless president. 

I'm against abuse of power I guess.  Some only when it's the other team.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Maddow?  Really?

I don't like her either.  Repeating the same stuff over and over making a 4 minute segment into 15.

I hate the overuse of the term false equivalency.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Maddow?  Really?

I get it....but that's her job and she is very good at it.  I would say you might be confusing passion as dramatic.
    No it;s drama.  Shes on tv after all.

Fox News < MSNBC  but MSNBC still is partisan bullshit
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

If you are watching FOX at any time other than from 3-5 and 6-8 you're doing it wrong. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Maddow?  Really?

Disagree.  It's left leaning yet they cover the news.  They don't cover conspiracy bullshit.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Maddow?  Really?

Disagree.  It's left leaning yet they cover the news.  They don't cover conspiracy bullshit.
    What do you disagree with?  You don;t think MSNBC is partisan?  You call it "left-leaning"

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Maddow?  Really?

Sorry for using it once.

I shall now use it more
  • Options
    I disagree with the "bullshit" part.  It's not bullshit.  I don't listen to bullshit.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    This is accurate

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I disagree with the "bullshit" part.  It's not bullshit.  I don't listen to bullshit.
    Bullshit...
  • Options
    Ah ok. But you do, you are here ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:

Maddow?  Really?

Sorry for using it once.

I shall now use it more
    Was talking about it’s not use here and all over anymore. Nothing personal. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Bullshit...
    whore!

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    This is accurate

agree, and look at that. MSNBC is dangerously close, if not slightly overlapping into, to "extreme/unfair interpretations of the news". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This is accurate

where is the accurate part?

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Ah ok. But you do, you are here ;)
    All I do is talk and type bull shit. :)
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    This is accurate

agree, and look at that. MSNBC is dangerously close, if not slightly overlapping into, to "extreme/unfair interpretations of the news". 
    It is in the Hyper-partisan/Analysis sections. I think that is accurate.
    Fox New is in the Hyper-partisan/Extremely Unfair interpretation of the news sections. I think that is also accurate.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    This is accurate

It is in the Hyper-partisan/Analysis sections. I think that is accurate.
    Fox New is in the Hyper-partisan/Extremely Unfair interpretation of the news sections. I think that is also accurate.

Whatever you are saying is accurate isn't visible to me.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Media Bias/Fact Check says this about MSNBC:

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate MSNBC Left Biased based on story selection that consistently leans left editorially. Although pundits and hosts have failed a few fact checks, straight news reporting is usually factual and sourced, therefore we rate them Mostly Factual for news reporting.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/
  • Options
    And this is what they say about Fox:

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.
  • Options

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate MSNBC Left Biased based on story selection that consistently leans left editorially. Although pundits and hosts have failed a few fact checks, straight news reporting is usually factual and sourced, therefore we rate them Mostly Factual for news reporting.

How exactly is this different than saying they are hyper partisan left/analysis?

The majority of the news of MSNBC comes from NBC which is ranked one of the highest on that chart.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

LEFT BIAS

agreed....obvious left, mostly factual

• Options

LEFT BIAS

As reflected in the chart for the most part.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

LEFT BIAS

As reflected in the chart for the most part.
    The chart that cannot be accessed?

• Options
    Bullshit...
    whore!
    TY for seeing the humor, I chuckled, lol!
  • Options

LEFT BIAS

How exactly is this different than saying they are hyper partisan left/analysis?

The majority of the news of MSNBC comes from NBC which is ranked one of the highest on that chart.

Who said it was different?

I can't see the chart, so hard to comment on that.