Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    JimmyV said:
    Streamlining the impeachment process to focus on this one issue makes a lot of sense. It's easy to understand, it's impeachable, and he has admitted being guilty as hell. Going deeper into his many other shady dealings will only muddy the waters. 
    ONE issue.  Word up.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    I think (hope) Trump will be impeached but I seriously doubt the Republican strong Senate will vote him out.  No president has ever been voted out by the Senate and the Republicans will not vote out one of their own (no matter how much they privately likely wish he wasn't one of their own).  But this should do much to lessen his chance for re-election.  I can live with that!
    They need 218 votes in the house to impeach,  they are at 213. 
    I hope they get at least 213.  I still doubt the Senate will vote to remove him though. :-(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    The problem with the transcript is that there's still a level of interpretation the Republicans can side step around.  There needs to be something more clear and convincing to turn this bi-partisan.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    The problem with the transcript is that there's still a level of interpretation the Republicans can side step around.  There needs to be something more clear and convincing to turn this bi-partisan.
    If you are not convinced by the transcript*, you aren't going to be convinced by anything. This won't be bipartisan. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    After trying with the latest storm and get up to speed and watching every politician say every other opposing politician needs to resign, this pretty much sums up how I feel ...

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,612
    PJ_Soul said:
    ikiT said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Good lord, I'm just as concerned about what the Ukraine president said in that transcript as I am about what Trump said. I wonder how Ukrainians are responding to it?? I mean, unless he's just completely lying to Trump in order to stroke his ridiculous ego, which is possible, he seems to be looking to Trump as a great example of how to do things. Even as some kind of mentor.
    Trump is a very clear enemy to those countries that are supposed to be America's allies, and a friend to America's enemies. He makes this clear almost every day, and did it again during that phone call, particularly when it comes to Germany and the EU in general. That makes Trump America's enemy, no? It is very weird to me that so many Americans don't care very much about this.
    Finally, I wonder how Putin feels about this transcript?
    The Ukraine was invaded by Putin and they annexed Crimea.  Donnie's on team Putin, so why wouldn't he intimidate like a third rate mob boss?  Don Trump thinks he's tough, but he is not.   

Nice to see Bill Barr's fingerprints on this though.  Another Barr memo.

The whistleblower is gonna be where the real real comes out.

Impeach the lot of them NOW.
    Giuliani's role is pretty crazy too... Do you know how "normal" it is for a President's personal lawyer to be doing shit like this??? Has that kind of thing ever happened before, or is this a first? ... I suppose in the past Presidents and their lawyers might have been a hell of a lot smarter than these yahoos, and we would have known a lot less if anything like this was happening. Anyway.... could Giuliani be charged with something? If so, what? What kinds of protections does he have as the POTUS's personal lawyer?? Any?
    This transcript brings up so much questions it's almost blowing my mind, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    ikiT said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Good lord, I'm just as concerned about what the Ukraine president said in that transcript as I am about what Trump said. I wonder how Ukrainians are responding to it?? I mean, unless he's just completely lying to Trump in order to stroke his ridiculous ego, which is possible, he seems to be looking to Trump as a great example of how to do things. Even as some kind of mentor.
    Trump is a very clear enemy to those countries that are supposed to be America's allies, and a friend to America's enemies. He makes this clear almost every day, and did it again during that phone call, particularly when it comes to Germany and the EU in general. That makes Trump America's enemy, no? It is very weird to me that so many Americans don't care very much about this.
    Finally, I wonder how Putin feels about this transcript?
    The Ukraine was invaded by Putin and they annexed Crimea.  Donnie's on team Putin, so why wouldn't he intimidate like a third rate mob boss?  Don Trump thinks he's tough, but he is not.   

Nice to see Bill Barr's fingerprints on this though.  Another Barr memo.

The whistleblower is gonna be where the real real comes out.

Impeach the lot of them NOW.
    Giuliani's role is pretty crazy too... Do you know how "normal" it is for a President's personal lawyer to be doing shit like this??? Has that kind of thing ever happened before, or is this a first? ... I suppose in the past Presidents and their lawyers might have been a hell of a lot smarter than these yahoos, and we would have known a lot less if anything like this was happening. Anyway.... could Giuliani be charged with something? If so, what? What kinds of protections does he have as the POTUS's personal lawyer?? Any?
    This transcript brings up so much questions it's almost blowing my mind, lol.
    Typically I think this is something that goes through the State Department. Trump’s early work was to essentially gut the State Dept by just leaving positions vacant. It makes more sense now. He’s carrying out foreign policy with 3rd party private citizens which removes accountability and has been trump’s way of operating for years in order to skirt the law. All of his corrupt shit has someone else carrying out the dirty work and he tries to destroy/avoid any record of communication in order to claim he had no idea what was happening. It’s in all the Interactions with Russians and also with anything Cohen was doing, for example. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    #

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    So many of Trump's arguments or excuses or explanations about Ukraine have unraveled on him. 
    Nothing that asshat says makes sense or has any basis in fact. He's a lying liar. #ITMFA

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
  • Options
    Well now hopefully we will hear from others.....

I honestly believe trump thinks he did nothing wrong. And that is the biggest problem.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    expect a twitter explosion any minute.  this memo is bad stuff.  tick tock...
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    "THE FIELD"

“White House officials told me they were ‘directed’ by White House lawyers to remove the electronic transcript ...officials had intervened to 'lock down' all the records... this was ‘not the first time’ under this admin that a presidential transcript was placed into this code-word level system. This set of actions underscored to me that the White House understood the gravity of what had transpired in the call.”

"U.S. officials were deeply concerned by ... Mr. Giuliani's circumvention of National Security decision-making processes"

"Barr appears to be involved as well"

• Options

“White House officials told me they were ‘directed’ by White House lawyers to remove the electronic transcript ...officials had intervened to 'lock down' all the records... this was ‘not the first time’ under this admin that a presidential transcript was placed into this code-word level system. This set of actions underscored to me that the White House understood the gravity of what had transpired in the call.”

"U.S. officials were deeply concerned by ... Mr. Giuliani's circumvention of National Security decision-making processes"

Where did this quote come from?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    "THE FIELD"
    Yuriy Lutsenko wanted to stay his position as Prosecutor General of Ukraine after Zelensky was elected so he dangled fabricated dirt about Biden in front of Trump. Trump was attracted to this like a fly to dogshit and now he's losing the presidency over it. All because of Lutsenko's game to keep his job and Trump is actually corrupt enough to bite at the bait. What a shit show.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195

the directed by white house lawyers to remove the transcript is in the memo.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf
  • Options

Rep. Nunes says the whistleblower complaint relies on "hearsay"

Story taken from CNN.

So is it heresay or is there actual proof that an actual word for word document exists because if there isn't then this shitshow will ALWAYS have questions unanswered?
  • Options

Story taken from CNN.

So is it heresay or is there actual proof that an actual word for word document exists because if there isn't then this shitshow will ALWAYS have questions unanswered?
    Witnesses and records.
  • Options

• Options
    dignin said:

Story taken from CNN.

Witnesses and records.
    I'm asking because I can't find it.

Where is the word for word document?  I've found the "whistleblower memo" that has a few things still marked as classified but have not seen the actual transcript yet.
  • Options
    The only unanswered question will end up being who in Trump's immediate orbit wasn't involved. 

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    dignin said:

Story taken from CNN.

Witnesses and records.
    That's the frustrating thing about most of this.  If you want, you can still spin the narrative based on interpretation.  The only way you can impeach Trump is to have the conservative Republicans on board.  They would have to be provided a smoking gun to sway their opinion, given the fact they've sold their souls to Trumpster Fire's administration and will continue to support tooth-and-nail so they don't lose control of the executive branch.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    I posted the document in response to your comment above. 
  • Options
    dignin said:

Story taken from CNN.

Witnesses and records.
    That's the frustrating thing about most of this.  If you want, you can still spin the narrative based on interpretation.  The only way you can impeach Trump is to have the conservative Republicans on board.  They would have to be provided a smoking gun to sway their opinion, given the fact they've sold their souls to Trumpster Fire's administration and will continue to support tooth-and-nail so they don't lose control of the executive branch.
    Pretty much.

Also, it's "smocking" gun. Get with the lingo man.

;)
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    To me, I find it interesting when the whistleblower writes that he or she wasn’t present for most of these events. That means he or she was directly present for some of them, and I suspect those details will come out to Congress somehow, and I suspect those are the only ones republicans will be forced to address. The rest they can probably say is just political theatre unless it’s corroborated.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    "THE FIELD"
    Well now hopefully we will hear from others.....

I honestly believe trump thinks he did nothing wrong. And that is the biggest problem.
    I’d say the biggest problem is that the Party of Trump will protect him at all costs.  We should be able to withstand this, per the constitution.  But the framers didn’t anticipate Party First.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin