my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    The sky is falling! 
    Is "everything is fine!" more appropriate in your eyes?
    Never has been... the truth is, i'm not so sure much has actually changed, if at all
    Then you don't know much about what's going on in your own country, or seriously not actually paying attention to the details. Maybe try actually reading up on the real shit that has changed since Trump took power, rather than do whatever you're doing. I'm really not sure what you're considering if you think nothing or almost nothing has changed in America under Trump. A ton has changed, very much for the worse. (and look it up yourself please - I don't have time to do all the research for you).

Similar to when the unemployment rate dropped six percent during the Obama administration?

Or mass surveillance of the American people continued under Obama? War criminals were let off the hook... as were financial criminals, who contributed to his campaign and paid him large sums to speak when he got out of office 

:)
    Golly that sounds awfully similar to the current administration. But, yeah, let's harp on stuff from 10 years ago. That's productive.
    Not to mention that it was the Obama Administration that ended the mass surveillance program and didn’t turn it over to the next one nor started it. 
    This is where you show your blatant bias..... that program continued through the Obama 1st term and didn't end until hisv2nd term when it was finally exposed by Ed Snowden and the American people became aware and they HAD to shutter it, supposedly.... you act like Obama woke up and decided to do the right thing and end the program, it's blatantly obvious his hand was forced because of the Snowden disclosure. He didn't want to end it, he HAD to end it. Your bias towards your team is unreal dude. 

Your blind loyalty to Democrats is just as dangerous as any MAGA goofball, if not more. You are so partisan it's hilarious. 

I voted for Obama twice, doesn't mean i'm not gonna call it fairly

When Trump is out you guys can go back to your nap thinking everything is fine again lol

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    "THE FIELD"
    ^AFTER?

The better question, Jose, is how much they're making WHILST purging this nation. 
    Kleptocracy.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    The sky is falling! 
    Never has been... the truth is, i'm not so sure much has actually changed, if at all
    Then you don't know much about what's going on in your own country, or seriously not actually paying attention to the details. Maybe try actually reading up on the real shit that has changed since Trump took power, rather than do whatever you're doing. I'm really not sure what you're considering if you think nothing or almost nothing has changed in America under Trump. A ton has changed, very much for the worse. (and look it up yourself please - I don't have time to do all the research for you).

Similar to when the unemployment rate dropped six percent during the Obama administration?

Or mass surveillance of the American people continued under Obama? War criminals were let off the hook... as were financial criminals, who contributed to his campaign and paid him large sums to speak when he got out of office 

Golly that sounds awfully similar to the current administration. But, yeah, let's harp on stuff from 10 years ago. That's productive.
    Not to mention that it was the Obama Administration that ended the mass surveillance program and didn’t turn it over to the next one nor started it. 
    This is where you show your blatant bias..... that program continued through the Obama 1st term and didn't end until hisv2nd term when it was finally exposed by Ed Snowden and the American people became aware and they HAD to shutter it, supposedly.... you act like Obama woke up and decided to do the right thing and end the program, it's blatantly obvious his hand was forced because of the Snowden disclosure. He didn't want to end it, he HAD to end it. Your bias towards your team is unreal dude. 

Your blind loyalty to Democrats is just as dangerous as any MAGA goofball, if not more. You are so partisan it's hilarious. 

When Trump is out you guys can go back to your nap thinking everything is fine again lol

I'm 44.  I don't anticipate being alive for another president not named Trump.  His second term is going to be fascinating.  I would not be surprised if by the time his kids start taking over, elections are a thinly-veiled play.

The biggest thing going on is the stacking of the courts with party/Trump loyalists.  The judicial branch is well on its way to no longer being a check.  The environment?  Well, we were probably past the point of no return when the First President Trump took over.  But it's an embarrassing political (as opposed to science-based) issue for which ignorance and owning libs is valued over actual expertise.  Amy Klobuchar announced her candidacy in a Minnesota snowstorm; there are therefore no climate issues.  This is what the president said.  We should be embarrassed.  But we're not.  We're desensitized.  Keep owning libs, America; I'm glad I don't have kids.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    ^AFTER?

The better question, Jose, is how much they're making WHILST purging this nation. 
    How bout those no bid contracts to Halliburton & KBR? Didn't you vote Bush/Cheney in 2004? Not worried about your country getting robbed by an administration then? I guess war profiteering wasn't a concern of yours then? Talk about backing up the Brinks truck, they looted the fucking treasury. But why worry about history right? 

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    The sky is falling! 

You’d be much better served and have more credibility if you compared and contrasted rather than lumped everyone and everything into both sides are the same. I’ll give you but two examples, Obama inherited wars, didn’t start them and worked to wind them down. Regarding mass surveillance, once the genie is out of the bottle, it is particularly difficult to put it back in, particularly in the shadow of 9/11 but you know, the deep state. As for GITMO, Obama tried to close it but the repubs shut him down. He even had a state and a prison willing to accept the detainees for trial. As it is, he vastly reduced their numbers and didn’t run on expanding it or utilizing torture. Aren’t you the one always imploring us to focus on the future and not be caught up in the past if we want to win in 2020? Furthermore, the only one screaming, “the sky is falling with both sides are the same and suck but I call em like I see it and don’t allow my bias to get in the way,” is you. I’ve got news for you, it’s well known that facts and truth have an outlier from the left side of the political spectrum bias. And yea, sure, the candidates I support are racist, white nationalist, misogynistic, climate denying, fuck the rule of law types. Go for a walk. LOL.

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    The sky is falling! 

Wow, amazing false equivalency.
    Obviously you weren't around before Trump. Nobody was napping.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    The sky is falling! 
    A Canadian telling me i don't know whats going on in my country, that's rich

My point to Ben was simple, shit has always been fucked up and usually remains status quo through multiple administrations regardless of party

The lurch towards authoritarianism in America was happening way before Trump got on the scene but nobody gave a fuck

Did Guantanamo start under Trump? close during Obama? Imprisoning people without charge or trial FOR YEARS is about as fucking anti-American as it gets... and now people wanna start talking about an imperial presidency? Lol fucking hilarious

Trump write or vote for the patriot act? Mass surveillance? How about a kill list including American citizens that havent been charged with a crime? How about fabricating intelligence to justify an invasion of a sovereign nation resulting in 500,000 civilian deaths and a destabilized region???

Ya'll been asleep for 20 fucking years? Now because a crude clown is in there and CNN tells you the sky is falling every night you think issues just started? 

Give me a break
     I'm talking about shit that affects people's daily lives, like the American economy and environment. Regulation changes with huge impacts. Taxation. The SCOTUS. The GOP. The deficit. Abortion rights with an aim to attack RvW. Oh, and kids in cages of course. Hey, don't get mad at me if you're refusing to acknowledge that many things have gotten dramatically worse specifically under Trump. 
    You're changing the conversation. Remember this is about Jose saying Trump is destroying democracy and our democracy is going to die.

I disagree politically with the direction of all the things you mention here in regards to regulation, taxation, enviroment, scotus, immigration, etc.... BUT those things would be happening, and do happen, under ANY republican administration and are not unique to Trump at all. That is your basic GOP platform and although i disagree with the GOP on all fronts on those issues, i'm certainly not surprised by it at all. Elections have consequences, and all those things are standard operating procedure for the GOP. Nobody should be surprised by any of that, unless you just tuned into American politics in 2016. 

Trump isn't smart enough, and doesn't understand the US government well enough to "destroy our democracy".... we've been doing a good enough job accomplishing that well before this dude ever showed up, THAT's my point. 

He's nothing but a flea, we'll pluck him off and move onto the next puppet (insert party here)
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    The sky is falling! 

I'm 44.  I don't anticipate being alive for another president not named Trump.  His second term is going to be fascinating.  I would not be surprised if by the time his kids start taking over, elections are a thinly-veiled play.

The biggest thing going on is the stacking of the courts with party/Trump loyalists.  The judicial branch is well on its way to no longer being a check.  The environment?  Well, we were probably past the point of no return when the First President Trump took over.  But it's an embarrassing political (as opposed to science-based) issue for which ignorance and owning libs is valued over actual expertise.  Amy Klobuchar announced her candidacy in a Minnesota snowstorm; there are therefore no climate issues.  This is what the president said.  We should be embarrassed.  But we're not.  We're desensitized.  Keep owning libs, America; I'm glad I don't have kids.
    Do you have a terminal illness? 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    "THE FIELD"
    I actually think if we can avoid the usual traps of insults, etc., this is an interesting topic.

TRUMP: Just another republican or greater threat?'

Just another republican
    • Appointing conservative judges? Nothing new.
    • Polarizing?  Who wasn't?
    • Doesn't care about the environment.  Neither did W.
    • Serves the rich.  Well, that was the entire basis of St. Ronald's presidency.
    • War profiteering is as American as apple pie...hell, I myself think W became president in large part to make money for some rich folks.
    • You can shoot holes through any administration's record on being non-authoritarian.  For example, poor people, particularly minorities, have always spent undue time in jail while awaiting trial.
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Conservative Judges?  Yeah...but also Trump/party loyalists more than we've ever seen?
    • The devotion to him is like nothing we've ever seen.  Is there a critical mass to enable whatever he might have on his mind regarding authoritarianism?
    • A party that seems intent to protect him simply to own the libs.
    • Constantly has key vacancies on his staff; maybe he's trying to show that the First Family can do it themselves?
    • Constant attempts to discredit the media as "the Enemy of the People."  This is straight out of the dictator's playbook.  And I don't think we've seen this from other US Presidents. 
    • Seems to have a great admiration for despots and dictators.  I have not seen this out of any others.
    • Openly hostile  or indifferent to places that have had natural disasters, etc. if they did not provide him electoral votes (e.g., Puerto Rico and California).  For all the bad of any president in my memory, they all were the president of the ENTIRE country, not just states that voted for them.
    • I'm not sure what's going on but, he sure seems to treat Putin somewhat like a supervisor.  
    • Etc.
    The fact is, M2H made some good points. Patriot Act.  Gitmo. There's some un-American shit going on and has been for some time.  That said, I think the threat of things being stepped way, way up is legitimate.  I'm talking a future president Trump installed rather than elected; political opponents jailed; SNL being ordered off the air.  This is what he wants.  The party seems OK with it and at least a third of the population will follow him there.  If he wins in 2020, all bets are off.  That's my opinion.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    The sky is falling! 

You must be a blast to hang with at parties!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    OnWis97 said:
    I actually think if we can avoid the usual traps of insults, etc., this is an interesting topic.

Just another republican
    • War profiteering is as American as apple pie...hell, I myself think W became president in large part to make money for some rich folks.
    • You can shoot holes through any administration's record on being non-authoritarian.  For example, poor people, particularly minorities, have always spent undue time in jail while awaiting trial.
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Conservative Judges?  Yeah...but also Trump/party loyalists more than we've ever seen?
    • The devotion to him is like nothing we've ever seen.  Is there a critical mass to enable whatever he might have on his mind regarding authoritarianism?
    • Constantly has key vacancies on his staff; maybe he's trying to show that the First Family can do it themselves?
    • Constant attempts to discredit the media as "the Enemy of the People."  This is straight out of the dictator's playbook.  And I don't think we've seen this from other US Presidents. 
    • Seems to have a great admiration for despots and dictators.  I have not seen this out of any others.
    • Openly hostile  or indifferent to places that have had natural disasters, etc. if they did not provide him electoral votes (e.g., Puerto Rico and California).  For all the bad of any president in my memory, they all were the president of the ENTIRE country, not just states that voted for them.
    • I'm not sure what's going on but, he sure seems to treat Putin somewhat like a supervisor.  
    • Etc.
    The fact is, M2H made some good points. Patriot Act.  Gitmo. There's some un-American shit going on and has been for some time.  That said, I think the threat of things being stepped way, way up is legitimate.  I'm talking a future president Trump installed rather than elected; political opponents jailed; SNL being ordered off the air.  This is what he wants.  The party seems OK with it and at least a third of the population will follow him there.  If he wins in 2020, all bets are off.  That's my opinion.
    I agree with all of this.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,311
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    Totally agree , I’m of the thought his plan is to be president for more than just two terms and beyond..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    Totally agree , I’m of the thought his plan is to be president for more than just two terms and beyond..
    How are you going to repeal the 22nd amendment?  This country doesn't agree on anything, I don't see how 2/3 of Congress would agree on this.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    How are you going to repeal the 22nd amendment?  This country doesn't agree on anything, I don't see how 2/3 of Congress would agree on this.  
    The Congress would not be able to stop it if he decides to follow the Russians playbook? 
    It’s called a takeover of the country and Putin knows exactly how to get it done ..
  • Options
    https://apple.news/As5MpXZ_DRu6eH8a1vH6DVg
    this is one way of him getting total control little by little..
  • Options
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    Anyone who thinks Trump is just another republican is out of their god damned mind. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    Anyone who thinks Trump is just another republican is out of their god damned mind. 
    That's not quite what I thought we were discussing - just that there are traits being exhibited by Republicans/Trump that are within the realm of normalcy within the Republican cohort, and there are traits that aren't. I didn't say a word about what that ratio looks like, and I don't think that's crazy to state.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    I'm going to do some research on what legal changes permitted Hitler to seize power, since I'm now quite curious. I believe the Reichstag fires were used as a justification to initialize some form of emergency power consolidation, but don't know more details than that (including whether there were checks and balances trusted to prevent too much consolidation).

Pre-empting the inevitable "stop comparing Trump to Hitler", I'm here seeking to understand the conditions enabling power consolidation back then, so we could prevent conditions (or legal precedences) enabling power consolidation today. My understanding is that Obama expanded some norms in terms of what a POTUS would do (in terms of using more of the laws available to him), but those avenues were always there, but less frequently or intensely used (such as, ironically, adding budget and personnel to ICE's efforts).

The cost of not speaking critically of that action then (and I mean politicians not speaking critically - plenty of people on here were vocal), is that now there's a POTUS who is broadcasting ominous signals, and after years without much same-side criticism about expansion of executive power, it now looks (legitimately) like a partisan issue. That's not so good.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    That's not quite what I thought we were discussing - just that there are traits being exhibited by Republicans/Trump that are within the realm of normalcy within the Republican cohort, and there are traits that aren't. I didn't say a word about what that ratio looks like, and I don't think that's crazy to state.
    You can look at it this way too: anyone rooting for the demise of the Republican Party can be thankful for this president because he’s burning it to the ground. Might be difficult to see right now, but when he goes down in flames, he’s dragging everyone who so callously followed his orders lock and step with him. 

I have a few friends who support him and I always tell them any other republican would’ve accomplished WAY more because he wouldn’t step on his own two feet every single day and he wouldn’t have made a mockery of the office he holds. There’s a reason why the Republican Party keeps shrinking....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    I'm going to do some research on what legal changes permitted Hitler to seize power, since I'm now quite curious. I believe the Reichstag fires were used as a justification to initialize some form of emergency power consolidation, but don't know more details than that (including whether there were checks and balances trusted to prevent too much consolidation).

Pre-empting the inevitable "stop comparing Trump to Hitler", I'm here seeking to understand the conditions enabling power consolidation back then, so we could prevent conditions (or legal precedences) enabling power consolidation today. My understanding is that Obama expanded some norms in terms of what a POTUS would do (in terms of using more of the laws available to him), but those avenues were always there, but less frequently or intensely used (such as, ironically, adding budget and personnel to ICE's efforts).

The cost of not speaking critically of that action then (and I mean politicians not speaking critically - plenty of people on here were vocal), is that now there's a POTUS who is broadcasting ominous signals, and after years without much same-side criticism about expansion of executive power, it now looks (legitimately) like a partisan issue. That's not so good.
    You would be correct about the reichstag fires. After that incident hitler temporarily suspended civil
    liberties in order to find the communists that burnt down the building.  I would imagine W could have done something similar on 9/12.  
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    That is where his kids come in.  Trump is too old to go much more than two years, anyway (as much as he’d love to break FDR’s record).

I don’t think there will be any legal way for him to go more than two terms.  But as the First Family gains power and the courts become more loyal to the family, stuff most people can’t fathom might come into play.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    The Congress would not be able to stop it if he decides to follow the Russians playbook? 
    It’s called a takeover of the country and Putin knows exactly how to get it done ..
    Sorry Jose, this is just paranoia
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Just another republican
    • Etc.

Greater threat
    • Etc.
    That is where his kids come in.  Trump is too old to go much more than two years, anyway (as much as he’d love to break FDR’s record).

I don’t think there will be any legal way for him to go more than two terms.  But as the First Family gains power and the courts become more loyal to the family, stuff most people can’t fathom might come into play.
    And so is this...

Dude isnt taking SNL off the air... he can bark about the press all he wants, their ratings are all up and aren't going off the air... he's not abolishing civil liberties... and he is not going to be POTUS for life with his kids being appointed after him.... a majority of Americans either despise him or think he's a clown 

We have faced much worse obstacles before, this guy is fucking childs play and everybody is overreacting to everything for over 2 years now, myself included
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    My man, just taught Bay of Pigs, Operation Northwoods and Cuban Missile Crisis this week.  Operation Northwoods really interested my students, good call.  Going Kennedy assassination next.
    What would you like to know about the Sedition/Espionage Acts?  Both are pretty messed up since they directly go against the 1st Amendment but somehow were held up by the Supreme Court.  
  • Options

every phone call, every email, every keystroke you make is recorded somewhere now.... every purchase you make, every internet search, your bank records, library records are all recorded and monitored... and now with the introduction into homes of surveillance and data collection capabilities literally every minute of your day, and every conversation your have, could likely be recorded and monitored.... Alexa, call James Clapper lol

ever wonder why 4 star generals and former heads of the CIA like James Clapper get prominent positions on cable news networks as "experts"? nothing but imbedded mouthpieces to continue the sell job.... but yeah, the POTUS has toilet paper on his shoe

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    my2hands said:
    What’s the significance of the dates 1954-1971? I’ll give you a hint, there’s a building named after him. Who was the personal attorney of the Team Trump Treason family and who was Team Trump Treason admittedly admired and models himself on? Bonus question, how does it all relate? The sky is falling.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    What’s the significance of the dates 1954-1971? I’ll give you a hint, there’s a building named after him. Who was the personal attorney of the Team Trump Treason family and who was Team Trump Treason admittedly admired and models himself on? Bonus question, how does it all relate? The sky is falling.

no riddles on a Friday morning before I've had coffee Watson, educate me. or is it entertain me, fine line lol 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    My man, just taught Bay of Pigs, Operation Northwoods and Cuban Missile Crisis this week.  Operation Northwoods really interested my students, good call.  Going Kennedy assassination next.
    What would you like to know about the Sedition/Espionage Acts?  Both are pretty messed up since they directly go against the 1st Amendment but somehow were held up by the Supreme Court.  

Operation Northwoods is deep.... be careful down that rabbit hole, those kids might start mistrusting their government lol 
  • Options
    edited April 2019

mcgruff…. i'm too lazy to search after posting all the links lol

do we know how many people were imprisoned due to the Sedition Act? I remember reading it was quite a lot, and what were some of the sentences?

Post edited by my2hands on