Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    my2hands said:

This is more fun than the W years... hopefully several hundred thousand people don't get killed and an entire region set ablaze this time around

can you imagine the world right now if we just went into Afghanistan and never went into Iraq??? I don't think Americans really understand how much of the worlds chaos right now was caused by invading Iraq

elections have real world consequences folks... this has been child's play so far

the bush years started out with a lot of joking too. at some point things stopped being funny
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Wouldn't be surprised if he strokes out. Clearly he doesn't handle stress well and from what I've seen, he doesn't exercise except for golfing. But even then he rides in a cart. Anyone who thought he could run the country like his business and thus was uniquely qualified for the job was bamboozled.

They weren't bamboozled, they were just being idiotic.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942

Wouldn't be surprised if he strokes out. Clearly he doesn't handle stress well and from what I've seen, he doesn't exercise except for golfing. But even then he rides in a cart. Anyone who thought he could run the country like his business and thus was uniquely qualified for the job was bamboozled.

Article the other day says he eats Big Macs or KFC for dinner...wtf.
    He'll either drop dead or get impeached.
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870

Jason P said:

Trump vexed by challenges, scale of government

Being president is harder than Donald Trump thought, according to aides and allies who say that he’s growing increasingly frustrated with the challenges of running the massive federal bureaucracy.

In interviews, nearly two dozen people who’ve spent time with Trump in the three weeks since his inauguration said that his mood has careened between surprise and anger as he’s faced the predictable realities of governing, from congressional delays over his cabinet nominations and legal fights holding up his aggressive initiatives to staff in-fighting and leaks.

The administration’s rocky opening days have been a setback for a president who, as a billionaire businessman, sold himself to voters as being uniquely qualified to fix what ailed the nation. Yet it has become apparent, say those close to the president, most of whom requested anonymity to describe the inner workings of the White House, that the transition from overseeing a family business to running the country has been tough on him.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-challenges-governing-presidency-234879

Lol

Stating the obvious.
    Haha, yeah. I admit I feel a certain sense of nasty glee knowing this. Everyone was saying it to him for months, and he blew off the warnings, lol. Surprise! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,126
    bafoon bafoon no more capital B he's not worthy of it ! And his def not worthy of running a country ! Idiot got voted in by yes I'll say it idiots...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    looks like that poo is heading directly for the industrial strength fan
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    All kinds of insanity on Twitter about the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling. Images of 9/11, etc. I wonder why none of the countries banned were the country of the 9/11 attackers? It just doesn't make sense to me....I'm in an alternate universe maybe? Having a nightmare? Someone please wake me up.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    Kat said:

All kinds of insanity on Twitter about the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling. Images of 9/11, etc. I wonder why none of the countries banned were the country of the 9/11 attackers? It just doesn't make sense to me....I'm in an alternate universe maybe? Having a nightmare? Someone please wake me up.

fear of the boogyman never makes any sense.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Kat said:

The level of fear with those folks is really astounding. And it seems like it's a result of suggestion and manipulation by trump, because why weren't they this terrified before? All the court basically said was that the status quo will be maintained. They're crapping their pants, but nothing has changed.
    Kat said:

It's a shitshow. Absolutely unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    I've just never been that fearful. On the up-side, some are handling it better than others.

Stephen Colbert ‏@StephenAtHome 17 hours ago
    SEE YOU IN COURT WHERE WE ALREADY ARE BUT A DIFFERENT COURT SHUT UP NO YOU'RE STUPID!
    629 replies 28,977 retweets 101,936 likes
    Reply 629 Retweet 29K
    Like 102K
    Falling down,...not staying down
    According to Fox News, Trump is "vowing more security action next week."

He just doesn't get it...at all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    mfc2006 said:

He acts as if this ban is the frontline against terrorism and that he is the one who figured it all out. I think it is an attempt to take any blame away from himself in the wake of a future terrorist attack. He will point to this and say it would have never happened if his ban had been in place. Smart in a narcissistic way.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    eddiec said:

mfc2006 said:

He acts as if this ban is the frontline against terrorism and that he is the one who figured it all out. I think it is an attempt to take any blame away from himself in the wake of a future terrorist attack. He will point to this and say it would have never happened if his ban had been in place. Smart in a narcissistic way.

It's certainly a "no lose" situation. If there are no attacks, it's because they are afraid of Trump. If htere are attacks, it's because of the judges democrats, whomever the easy target is.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    mrussel1 said:

eddiec said:

mfc2006 said:

It's certainly a "no lose" situation. If there are no attacks, it's because they are afraid of Trump. If htere are attacks, it's because of the judges democrats, whomever the easy target is.
    That's working with a narcissist for you. Did things go well? It's because of me. Did things go poorly? It's because of you.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Kat said:
    I can't wait til he finds this article. Next tweet will be:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 10 February 2017
    Terrible Huffington Post saying I'm privileged is unfair. FAKE NEWS. Sad. Everyone agrees. Wall.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    eddiec said:

mfc2006 said:

you've got it... he has already essentially said "blame the judges"

• Seems like I'm the only one enjoying all
    of this! I think he's been doing a great job. If he didn't expect he'd run into opposition that's on him but I couldn't ask for a better start to it all! Let's get onto the wall and build that mofo!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

Seems like I'm the only one enjoying all
    of this! I think he's been doing a great job. If he didn't expect he'd run into opposition that's on him but I couldn't ask for a better start to it all! Let's get onto the wall and build that mofo!

A great job? Can you name one thing that he has accomplished thus far?

And honestly, I think only border states that choose to build the wall should pay for it. I'm in VA and that wall can fuck off. That's your problem in Texas. States rights for God's sake. The 10th Amendment says anything not specifically given to the Fed is reserved for the states. Ain't nothing about walls in the Constitution. Pay for the wall yourself, not with my tax dollars.

I was going to ask for specifics, but that would be fruitless because there are none. For trump supporters, since it feels good, that mesns it is good.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:

And honestly, I think only border states that choose to build the wall should pay for it. I'm in VA and that wall can fuck off. That's your problem in Texas. States rights for God's sake. The 10th Amendment says anything not specifically given to the Fed is reserved for the states. Ain't nothing about walls in the Constitution. Pay for the wall yourself, not with my tax dollars.
    And Healthcare!?!?
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

And Healthcare!?!?
    You could argue it was unconstitutional. But that was litigated and found to be a tax which congress has the right to levy under the Constitution.
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

And Healthcare!?!?
    You could argue it was unconstitutional. But that was litigated and found to be a tax which congress has the right to levy under the Constitution.
    I also say "fuck the wall"! I vote a free bullet train from the Texas border straight to Canada...or even VA for that matter! No security checkpoints or any of that needless stuff. If they get to the train, they can take whatever they want, guns, drugs, measles, etc!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

And Healthcare!?!?
    I also say "fuck the wall"! I vote a free bullet train from the Texas border straight to Canada...or even VA for that matter!
    If America pays for it, I would love a bullet train to Mexico. Make for a nice break from the winter.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236

What are you smoking these days? :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited February 2017
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

And Healthcare!?!?
    I also say "fuck the wall"! I vote a free bullet train from the Texas border straight to Canada...or even VA for that matter!
    If America pays for it, I would love a bullet train to Mexico. Make for a nice break from the winter.
    Sorry, South to North free rides only! All aboard!!! If you're going the other way you will still need passport, screening checkpoints, etc.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,126
    eddiec said:

mfc2006 said:

I wouldn't put it past him to actually have someone carry out such an attack that way he can say I told you so
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.