mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

People on here who supports Trump - do you defend this too or is this at least wrong?

I'm ok with it. Nordstrom is targeting Ivanka in order to make a statement of opposition to the President. He has the right to respond.
    He should be above anything so petty by an American business.
    That world is over.
    Maybe but that doesn't make it okay. We need a president focused on being the leader of the free world and all Americans, not one worried about his daughter's clothing line. It's beneath him, or should be.
    I don't disagree but his critics don't really care about that. Here you have a President who is focused on protecting Americans at the border and the same critics want to take that power out of his hands and put it in the hands of a few judges. Critics don't want his focus...they want his removal.
    You are conflating two subjects inappropriately. The legality of the EO is very much an issue that should be litigated. Although he has power of security, there are corresponding immigration laws that protect against discrimination based on, among other things, religion. And Trump's own statements and tweets call into question his intent. Immigration laws fall squarely into the purview of the legislative branch. So you can make a case for either party and for now, I'm relieved that he is following the proper checks and balances process.

But that has zero to do with him tweeting about his daughter's clothing line. It's not about his critics. It's about where a POTUS should focus his energies.
    But other then you (maybe) his critics don't care about his focus. It's a lie. They want him gone.
    Of course his critics want him gone, but it's because of where he is putting his focus (or more specifically where he promised to put his focus). If you think that Romney or McCain would have faced this level of vitriol, I think you are drastically wrong. The intentions of his critics, vitriol, criticisms, etc., does not absolve him from having to act like a mature President. Again, certain things should be beneath him.
    No. Sorry. I have seen every conservative from George W Bush on turned into a racist, misogynist, nazi and the time for decency is done. That world is over and the progressives killed it.

The rising philosophy among conservatives now is "The Left Hates You. Act Accordingly."

https://www.google.ca/amp/townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/02/06/the-left-hates-you-act-accordingly-n2281602?amp=true?client=safari
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,235
    BS44325 said:

mfc2006 said:

BS44325 said:

People on here who supports Trump - do you defend this too or is this at least wrong?

I'm ok with it. Nordstrom is targeting Ivanka in order to make a statement of opposition to the President. He has the right to respond.
    Complaining that you daughter's clothing line was pulled from a retailer on the POTUS twitter feed is bad form no matter how you slice it. He needs to grow up before he completely destroys our country.
    Again I don't disagree but you are being disingenuous that he could change in a way that could make you support him. You have made your feelings known. He cannot destroy your country and shouldn't cater to your irrational concerns.
    How can you say concerns are irrational? Concerns about Trump destroying this country are VERY real. There are millions of people that have these same concerns.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

What about the fact that that tweet was sent 21 minutes into his daily intelligence briefing?
    Walking and chewing gum. Have the shit I post in here is right in the middle of some event that is way more important.
    This really cannot be a serious response... you are comparing anything you do to a national security briefing? Give me a break.
    Absolutely serious. It's a briefing. Don't let the title of said briefing confuse you as to it's content or what even took place during the time of the briefing. You don't know what the agenda was, level of importance, was a break taken in the middle...it is complete conjecture that Trump was just tweeting in the back while not paying attention to something of the highest importance. It's continued hysterics. Without more detail it's a stupid topic of discussion.
    Good god
    You need to read this and then reconsider your "Good god"...

http://observer.com/2017/02/i-helped-create-the-milo-trolling-playbook-you-should-stop-playing-right-into-it/

You are being trolled with Trump's tweets over and over again. What people on here consider to be "beneath the office of the president" is a simple strategy that his just been run on repeat. It is ugly...it is chaotic...but it is successful. Trump is getting everything that he wants.
    no he's not. he's been in office for 2 weeks. his first major EO was overturned by the courts, and he tantrum-tweeted about it. he still is. he's a fucking baby. while his tweets are distracting and the media needs to do a better job of reporting on what matters instead of inconsequential lies that he tweets, I don't think he is a genius that has a master plan of global manipulation through distraction. I think he is acting exactly how he is: a petulant child that isn't used to not getting exactly what he ordered.

the media needs to stop worrying so much about his occasional blunders in some vain attempt at discrediting him. his base doesn't care about the truth or what he says (because honestly, most of them that I have encountered see the same as you do: that he is some "brilliant leader" and is trolling everyone and "winning" and they are laughing at something that just doesn't exist: Trump's apparent genius). all they care about is what he does and says he is going to do. all the media are doing is further enraging the public that hate him, but sometimes for the wrong reasons.

what democrats and the concerned public need to do is all in one word: organize.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    Maybe but that doesn't make it okay. We need a president focused on being the leader of the free world and all Americans, not one worried about his daughter's clothing line. It's beneath him, or should be.
    I don't disagree but his critics don't really care about that. Here you have a President who is focused on protecting Americans at the border and the same critics want to take that power out of his hands and put it in the hands of a few judges. Critics don't want his focus...they want his removal.
    You are conflating two subjects inappropriately. The legality of the EO is very much an issue that should be litigated. Although he has power of security, there are corresponding immigration laws that protect against discrimination based on, among other things, religion. And Trump's own statements and tweets call into question his intent. Immigration laws fall squarely into the purview of the legislative branch. So you can make a case for either party and for now, I'm relieved that he is following the proper checks and balances process.

But that has zero to do with him tweeting about his daughter's clothing line. It's not about his critics. It's about where a POTUS should focus his energies.
    But other then you (maybe) his critics don't care about his focus. It's a lie. They want him gone.
    Of course his critics want him gone, but it's because of where he is putting his focus (or more specifically where he promised to put his focus). If you think that Romney or McCain would have faced this level of vitriol, I think you are drastically wrong. The intentions of his critics, vitriol, criticisms, etc., does not absolve him from having to act like a mature President. Again, certain things should be beneath him.
    No. Sorry. I have seen every conservative from George W Bush on turned into a racist, misogynist, nazi and the time for decency is done. That world is over and the progressives killed it.

The rising philosophy among conservatives now is "The Left Hates You. Act Accordingly."

https://www.google.ca/amp/townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/02/06/the-left-hates-you-act-accordingly-n2281602?amp=true?client=safari
    Bush earned what he got because of Iraq and the lies that led to that war. I'm not sure the mindset that Bush was a racist or nazi ever permeated into the mainstream like the clear white supremacy influence on Trump. The middle believed Bush was incompetent and a fool. That's very different.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Bush earned what he got because of Iraq and the lies that led to that war. I'm not sure the mindset that Bush was a racist or nazi ever permeated into the mainstream like the clear white supremacy influence on Trump. The middle believed Bush was incompetent and a fool. That's very different.
    yes, I don't recall anyone throwing around racist or nazi until the right started insulting Obama and his origin and legitimacy as president based on the colour of his skin.

GWB was a tool. but I don't recall seeing him doing/saying anything that seemed racist to me.

www.headstonesband.com

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Wow. You don't remember Bush being equated to Hitler? You don't remember a movie being made about his assassination? You don't remember him being accused of racism post-Katrina? I expected better from you mRussel.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    Does anyone know this newsource? I'm not familiar with the federalist.It is included in the latest tweet along w/ Big increase in traffic into our country from certain areas, while our people are far more vulnerable, as we wait for what should be EASY D!
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/

I see nothing wrong with this and we get a glimpse of the future with intel.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829410107406614534

President Trump likes this poll
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829414457126313986
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

What about the fact that that tweet was sent 21 minutes into his daily intelligence briefing?
    Walking and chewing gum. Have the shit I post in here is right in the middle of some event that is way more important.
    This really cannot be a serious response... you are comparing anything you do to a national security briefing? Give me a break.
    Absolutely serious. It's a briefing. Don't let the title of said briefing confuse you as to it's content or what even took place during the time of the briefing. You don't know what the agenda was, level of importance, was a break taken in the middle...it is complete conjecture that Trump was just tweeting in the back while not paying attention to something of the highest importance. It's continued hysterics. Without more detail it's a stupid topic of discussion.
    Good god

http://observer.com/2017/02/i-helped-create-the-milo-trolling-playbook-you-should-stop-playing-right-into-it/

You are being trolled with Trump's tweets over and over again. What people on here consider to be "beneath the office of the president" is a simple strategy that his just been run on repeat. It is ugly...it is chaotic...but it is successful. Trump is getting everything that he wants.
    And his whiney little twit about it taking the longest time ever to confirm his cabinet proves it. How can you defend this guy?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Good god

no he's not. he's been in office for 2 weeks. his first major EO was overturned by the courts, and he tantrum-tweeted about it. he still is. he's a fucking baby. while his tweets are distracting and the media needs to do a better job of reporting on what matters instead of inconsequential lies that he tweets, I don't think he is a genius that has a master plan of global manipulation through distraction. I think he is acting exactly how he is: a petulant child that isn't used to not getting exactly what he ordered.

the media needs to stop worrying so much about his occasional blunders in some vain attempt at discrediting him. his base doesn't care about the truth or what he says (because honestly, most of them that I have encountered see the same as you do: that he is some "brilliant leader" and is trolling everyone and "winning" and they are laughing at something that just doesn't exist: Trump's apparent genius). all they care about is what he does and says he is going to do. all the media are doing is further enraging the public that hate him, but sometimes for the wrong reasons.

what democrats and the concerned public need to do is all in one word: organize.
    Trump wins on immigration no matter how the court rules on his EO. I doubt he planned to be taken to court but he wins even if he loses.

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

yes, I don't recall anyone throwing around racist or nazi until the right started insulting Obama and his origin and legitimacy as president based on the colour of his skin.

GWB was a tool. but I don't recall seeing him doing/saying anything that seemed racist to me.
    Another guy with a short term memory.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Wow. You don't remember Bush being equated to Hitler? You don't remember a movie being made about his assassination? You don't remember him being accused of racism post-Katrina? I expected better from you mRussel.
    Yes I saw them at the many protests marches I attended in DC. I wasn't a part of that signage but they're many who were, the same for Cheney. So what's the point?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Good god

Trump wins on immigration no matter how the court rules on his EO. I doubt he planned to be taken to court but he wins even if he loses.
    I don't know how it's a win when he continues to drop in the polls and his roll-out of this ban is widely admitted as incompetent.

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Katrina was an example of incompetence and not understanding or believing the role of the Federal gov't (FEMA in this case) in crisis situations. He put "Brownie" into a job in which he was unqualified and the result was a terrible performance that hurt a lot of people. That wasn't a racist decision, it was a foolish one. Intent does matter in some situations and for me the intent was not racism.

I can't speak for every person by any means. I'm sure there are people on the far left that thought he was all the things you pointed out. But you'll notice I was very careful to point out that this was not mainstream, center left, etc.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Good god

It's a little early to declare that. What has he gotten so far? Don't say cabinet posts because that's a pretty low bar.
    DeVos is speaking right now. You might want to turn it on. Low bar certainly but when the democratic party throws eveything it has at one person and loses it shows that Trump will get whatever he wants. This battle was about school choice which the teachers union was resisting with every fibre of their being. This will set in play big changes to education, weakening of the teacher's union and weakening of democratic fundraising over time. People talk about disruptive technologies well get ready for disruptive education. The failed policies of the past will go down. Bigly.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Good god

It's a little early to declare that. What has he gotten so far? Don't say cabinet posts because that's a pretty low bar.
    DeVos is speaking right now. You might want to turn it on. Low bar certainly but when the democratic party throws eveything it has at one person and loses it shows that Trump will get whatever he wants. This battle was about school choice which the teachers union was resisting with every fibre of their being. This will set in play big changes to education, weakening of the teacher's union and weakening of democratic fundraising over time. People talk about disruptive technologies well get ready for disruptive education. The failed policies of the past will go down. Bigly.
    He could have accomplished those things (which aren't accomplished and I dare say you probably know little about since you have no engagement in US public schools) without appointing a mega donor to a position to which she is woefully unqualified. Even trying to defend this particular appointment would damage what I believe is solid credibility you have as a conservative. I hope you don't do that. Competency matters and I know you know this.
    g under p said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Yes I saw them at the many protests marches I attended in DC. I wasn't a part of that signage but they're many who were, the same for Cheney. So what's the point?

Peace
    The point is to refresh mrussel and hugh's memories. Conservatives (even the one's like me who don't typically like Trump) are no longer going to tolerate the accusations of racism etc. Trump doesn't owe these critics any level of respect or decorum. The left hates him. He should act accordingly.
    BS44325 said:

g under p said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Peace
    The point is to refresh mrussel and hugh's memories. Conservatives (even the one's like me who don't typically like Trump) are no longer going to tolerate the accusations of racism etc. Trump doesn't owe these critics any level of respect or decorum. The left hates him. He should act accordingly.
    You need to read what I write more carefully. No where did I say that no one accused Bush of being a Nazi or racist. I don't know if Trump is a racist but it's very clear that his chief adviser espouses theories and started a website that is clearly racist. And you can be racist without hating African-Americans.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Another guy with a short term memory.
    no, I don't think so. Now that you mentioned Katrina, I do recall those accusations from some, but I didn't believe it, I thought he was just incompetent.

people were angry about iraq because of the peril it put US troops in for a false war, and later, the outrage was for iraqi citizens. I think more of the outrage was greed and lies, not racism and genocide.

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

g under p said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

Peace
    You need to read what I write more carefully. No where did I say that no one accused Bush of being a Nazi or racist. I don't know if Trump is a racist but it's very clear that his chief adviser espouses theories and started a website that is clearly racist. And you can be racist without hating African-Americans.
    Fine but you are definitely in the minority of the #resistance.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    That world isn't over, it's on pause because we have a president who is completely unprofessional who does't understand the role of being a public servant.
    edited February 2017

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    That world isn't over, it's on pause because we have a president who is completely unprofessional who does't understand the role of being a public servant.
    And who's critics have declared illegitimate and should be resisted at all costs.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    just thought this was funny.....and a little scary that they are unaware...anyway, here ya go.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-spicer-left-venmo-account-170245887.html
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

But if Obama had done it, you and the rest of your ilk would be so quick to bring out the "Obama did it too" deflection. Funny how the excuses just keep rolling when it comes to Trump. He gets a pass for everything from you guys.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    And who's critics have declared illegitimate and should be resisted at all costs.
    We're talking about trump, not his critics. He's promoting and bashing individual companies. It's another example of his narcissism and arrogance and how he doesn't grasp his role.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

But if Obama had done it, you and the rest of your ilk would be so quick to bring out the "Obama did it too" deflection. Funny how the excuses just keep rolling when it comes to Trump. He gets a pass for everything from you guys.
    Said exactly what I was thinking. Deflect, deflect and distract.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

My ilk?
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

My ilk?
    Yes.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    We're talking about trump, not his critics. He's promoting and bashing individual companies. It's another example of his narcissism and arrogance and how he doesn't grasp his role.
    I recognize that you are talking about Trump and not his critics. But his critics have earned criticism. They aren't all well intentioned people. They aren't constructive. They will be responded to. His role sadly requires this.
  • Imagine if Obama had tweeted (using the POTUS account) about his personal likes and dislikes related to different businesses, etc. Your ilk would be shitting their panties.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

My ilk?
    Yes.
    Oh. I didn't realize I had an ilk. Cool.
This discussion has been closed.