Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    A ten point checklist, like you see in the bathroom at taco bell for the guy cleaning the shitter. Genius!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

A ten point checklist, like you see in the bathroom at taco bell for the guy cleaning the shitter. Genius!

Haha good one.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    mfc2006 said:
    lol they are literally working in the dark lol what a team we have representing this country it's a total reflection of Bafoon !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I'm feeling a trump tweet in the near future bashing the judges in todays hearing, with a reference to SF/Cali liberal bias. Not much of a Swami prediction, I admit.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

I'd highly recommend watching this Ted Talk - it talks about how a trial implementation of a 19-item pre-surgery checklist showed post-surgery death rates decrease by 47% in each of the eight trial hospitals. Checklists are simple and effective tools used by many industries. https://www.ted.com/talks/atul_gawande_how_do_we_heal_medicine
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    Actually the President Trump administration is spot on for creating a ten point checklist. It's a learning curve and they are all in it together.
    One person doesn't make the rules.
    I'm sure the Democrats will follow suit and create one on how to never let a President Trump happen ever again.
    They should have had one in the beginning...
    benjs said:

I'd highly recommend watching this Ted Talk - it talks about how a trial implementation of a 19-item pre-surgery checklist showed post-surgery death rates decrease by 47% in each of the eight trial hospitals. Checklists are simple and effective tools used by many industries. https://www.ted.com/talks/atul_gawande_how_do_we_heal_medicine
    You guys are hilarious. Yes, the checklist may be helpful to get some sort of work flow happening correctly in Romper Room, too.

Actually the President Trump administration is spot on for creating a ten point checklist. It's a learning curve and they are all in it together.
    I'm sure the Democrats will follow suit and create one on how to never let a President Trump happen ever again.

Isn't it a bit oxymoronic to talk about steps to executing a successful executive order (i.e. from the desk of one man) and stating that this is a positive because one person shouldn't make the rules?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    benjs said:

You felt a need to defend the checklist? lol
    my2hands said:

benjs said:

I felt a desire to share something I found interesting, that others might too. Is that okay?

EV
  • benjs said:

Isn't it a bit oxymoronic to talk about steps to executing a successful executive order (i.e. from the desk of one man) and stating that this is a positive because one person shouldn't make the rules?
    No and yes at the same time.
    No because President Trump has to place faith in the team to make his will happen.
    Yes because he can control the rules of what his cabinet abides by which is now a ten point checklist. The checklist clearly shows who is in charge.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    benjs said:

my2hands said:

benjs said:

I felt a desire to share something I found interesting, that others might too. Is that okay?
    Not a big deal amigo, just thought it was funny.
    my2hands said:

benjs said:

my2hands said:

benjs said:

Not a big deal amigo, just thought it was funny.
    All good! I work in user experience so I do get a tad defensive of absurdly simple and effective tools when they're knocked :)

EV
  • It is a disgrace that my full Cabinet is still not in place, the longest such delay in the history of our country. Obstruction by Democrats!
  • It is a disgrace that my full Cabinet is still not in place, the longest such delay in the history of our country. Obstruction by Democrats!

Maybe had the President gone through the proper vetting procedures, this wouldn't be an option.
    He's the damned disgrace.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Lol..calling Flynn at 3 am about the dollar? His people hate him
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited February 2017
    Isn't it funny how the guy who supposedly "takes responsibility, "calls his own shots," and "gets shit done" won't accept responsibility and keeps blaming shit not getting done on fake news and democrats? Again, biggest snowflake of all.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

In Meeting With Sheriffs, Trump Repeats False Murder Rate Statistic

http://n.pr/2lnc66e

At a roundtable meeting with county sheriffs on Tuesday morning, President Trump repeated a false statistic about the U.S. murder rate that he repeatedly deployed on the campaign trail.

On multiple occasions Trump has suggested the murder rate is at a historic high, a claim that has been repeatedly debunked. In fact, the murder rate is currently at less than half its peak.

But here's what Trump said to the county sheriffs at the White House on Tuesday:

"... the murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? Forty-seven years. I used to use that — I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised, because the press doesn't tell it like it is. It wasn't to their advantage to say that. But the murder rate is the highest it's been in, I guess, from 45 to 47 years."

According to the FBI, the murder rate for 2015, the last year for which data are available, was 4.9 per 100,000 people.

Every year between 1965 and 2010, the FBI reported a higher rate than that.

In some cases, it was much higher. In 1974, 1980, 1981 and 1991, the murder rate was at least twice as high as the 2015 rate.

Then it dropped dramatically: From 2010 to 2014, the murder rate reached 50-year lows, dropping from 4.8 out of 100,000 down to 4.4.

Last year, the FBI recorded an increase — back up to 4.9. As NPR reported, that was a one-year rise of 11 percent.

Trump repeated inaccurate statements about the murder rate several times on the campaign trail. But he got it basically right in his victory stump speech, when he noted that "the murder rate has experienced its largest increase in 45 years" — as we noted in our fact check, that increase was, in fact, the biggest in 44 years.

But he got it wrong again at the sheriffs' gathering. Even with an 11 percent annual increase, murder rates remain lower than at almost any point in the last 47 years.
    I bet he can also see Russia from his backyard. What an idiot.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

• In Meeting With Sheriffs, Trump Repeats False Murder Rate Statistic

http://n.pr/2lnc66e

At a roundtable meeting with county sheriffs on Tuesday morning, President Trump repeated a false statistic about the U.S. murder rate that he repeatedly deployed on the campaign trail.

On multiple occasions Trump has suggested the murder rate is at a historic high, a claim that has been repeatedly debunked. In fact, the murder rate is currently at less than half its peak.

But here's what Trump said to the county sheriffs at the White House on Tuesday:

"... the murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? Forty-seven years. I used to use that — I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised, because the press doesn't tell it like it is. It wasn't to their advantage to say that. But the murder rate is the highest it's been in, I guess, from 45 to 47 years."

According to the FBI, the murder rate for 2015, the last year for which data are available, was 4.9 per 100,000 people.

Every year between 1965 and 2010, the FBI reported a higher rate than that.

In some cases, it was much higher. In 1974, 1980, 1981 and 1991, the murder rate was at least twice as high as the 2015 rate.

Then it dropped dramatically: From 2010 to 2014, the murder rate reached 50-year lows, dropping from 4.8 out of 100,000 down to 4.4.

Last year, the FBI recorded an increase — back up to 4.9. As NPR reported, that was a one-year rise of 11 percent.

Trump repeated inaccurate statements about the murder rate several times on the campaign trail. But he got it basically right in his victory stump speech, when he noted that "the murder rate has experienced its largest increase in 45 years" — as we noted in our fact check, that increase was, in fact, the biggest in 44 years.

But he got it wrong again at the sheriffs' gathering. Even with an 11 percent annual increase, murder rates remain lower than at almost any point in the last 47 years.

And people on here support this total idiot.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • “I don’t think you have to look any further than the families of the Boston Marathon, in Atlanta, in San Bernardino to ask if we can go further,” Spicer said. “There’s obviously steps that we can and should be taking, and I think the president is going to continue do to what he can to make sure that this country is as safe as possible.”

Seamus Hughes, the deputy director of George Washington University’s Center for Cyber and Homeland Security, said Atlanta should not be included.

“There has not been a successful jihadi terror attack in Atlanta,” Hughes said.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!

Trump is a doer and tackling the real problems facing the US, one tweet at a time. I'm sure he wouldn't use his position to benefit the Trump organization, trust him.
    dignin said:

My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!

Trump is a doer and tackling the real problems facing the US, one tweet at a time. I'm sure he wouldn't use his position to benefit the Trump organization, trust him.

Boycotting a Trump family member's business might be one of the most effective ways to exert pressure on Trump. I'm just not so sure that a boycott movement is merited by Trump's behaviour.

EV
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870

Can someone post the terrorist attacks the media hasn't reported on , I wanna make sure I didn't miss any that might of happened here on Long Island !

There is a whole thread about it ;)

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249099/the-terrorist-attacks-we-dont-care-about/p1

Of course, that isn't where Trump is coming from. He meant that the attacks on white people aren't covered by the media, which is, of course, untrue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • So Trump used his @POTUS account to retweet the Nordstrom attack. This is fucking weird...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543

So Trump used his @POTUS account to retweet the Nordstrom attack. This is fucking weird...

Isn't that a conflict of interest?
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.