Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Easy D
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    tbergs said:

So Trump used his @POTUS account to retweet the Nordstrom attack. This is fucking weird...

Isn't that a conflict of interest?
    He still has a ton of conflicts with his business that he hasn't separated from.

• People on here who supports Trump - do you defend this too or is this at least wrong?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

People on here who supports Trump - do you defend this too or is this at least wrong?

I'm ok with it. Nordstrom is targeting Ivanka in order to make a statement of opposition to the President. He has the right to respond.
    BS44325 said:

People on here who supports Trump - do you defend this too or is this at least wrong?

I'm ok with it. Nordstrom is targeting Ivanka in order to make a statement of opposition to the President. He has the right to respond.
    What about the fact that that tweet was sent 21 minutes into his daily intelligence briefing?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    BS44325 said:

He should be above anything so petty by an American business.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

Nordstrom said they pulled it, along with other products/brands, based on perfomance/sales and not to make a statement.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

BS44325 said:

Nordstrom said they pulled it, along with other products/brands, based on perfomance/sales and not to make a statement.
    Well this becomes the question...

BS44325 said:

What about the fact that that tweet was sent 21 minutes into his daily intelligence briefing?
    Walking and chewing gum. Have the shit I post in here is right in the middle of some event that is way more important.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

BS44325 said:

Exactly. Perhaps shoppers were boycotting her stuff, or were uncomfortable buying it at this time, but for Nordstrom it was a business decision based on declining sales. Any smart business would have done the same, and they have an obligation to shareholders. They're up about 2% today and up modestly over the past 5 days.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    Maybe but that doesn't make it okay. We need a president focused on being the leader of the free world and all Americans, not one worried about his daughter's clothing line. It's beneath him, or should be.
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Walking and chewing gum. Have the shit I post in here is right in the middle of some event that is way more important.
    This really cannot be a serious response... you are comparing anything you do to a national security briefing? Give me a break.
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

okay...lol
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    Maybe but that doesn't make it okay. We need a president focused on being the leader of the free world and all Americans, not one worried about his daughter's clothing line. It's beneath him, or should be.
    I don't disagree but his critics don't really care about that. Here you have a President who is focused on protecting Americans at the border and the same critics want to take that power out of his hands and put it in the hands of a few judges. Critics don't want his focus...they want his removal.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    I don't disagree but his critics don't really care about that. Here you have a President who is focused on protecting Americans at the border and the same critics want to take that power out of his hands and put it in the hands of a few judges. Critics don't want his focus...they want his removal.
    You are conflating two subjects inappropriately. The legality of the EO is very much an issue that should be litigated. Although he has power of security, there are corresponding immigration laws that protect against discrimination based on, among other things, religion. And Trump's own statements and tweets call into question his intent. Immigration laws fall squarely into the purview of the legislative branch. So you can make a case for either party and for now, I'm relieved that he is following the proper checks and balances process.

But that has zero to do with him tweeting about his daughter's clothing line. It's not about his critics. It's about where a POTUS should focus his energies.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    BS44325 said:

Complaining that you daughter's clothing line was pulled from a retailer on the POTUS twitter feed is bad form no matter how you slice it. He needs to grow up before he completely destroys our country.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

This really cannot be a serious response... you are comparing anything you do to a national security briefing? Give me a break.
    Absolutely serious. It's a briefing. Don't let the title of said briefing confuse you as to it's content or what even took place during the time of the briefing. You don't know what the agenda was, level of importance, was a break taken in the middle...it is complete conjecture that Trump was just tweeting in the back while not paying attention to something of the highest importance. It's continued hysterics. Without more detail it's a stupid topic of discussion.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.
    You are conflating two subjects inappropriately. The legality of the EO is very much an issue that should be litigated. Although he has power of security, there are corresponding immigration laws that protect against discrimination based on, among other things, religion. And Trump's own statements and tweets call into question his intent. Immigration laws fall squarely into the purview of the legislative branch. So you can make a case for either party and for now, I'm relieved that he is following the proper checks and balances process.

But that has zero to do with him tweeting about his daughter's clothing line. It's not about his critics. It's about where a POTUS should focus his energies.
    But other then you (maybe) his critics don't care about his focus. It's a lie. They want him gone.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Absolutely serious. It's a briefing. Don't let the title of said briefing confuse you as to it's content or what even took place during the time of the briefing. You don't know what the agenda was, level of importance, was a break taken in the middle...it is complete conjecture that Trump was just tweeting in the back while not paying attention to something of the highest importance. It's continued hysterics. Without more detail it's a stupid topic of discussion.
    Good god
    mfc2006 said:

BS44325 said:

Complaining that you daughter's clothing line was pulled from a retailer on the POTUS twitter feed is bad form no matter how you slice it. He needs to grow up before he completely destroys our country.
    Again I don't disagree but you are being disingenuous that he could change in a way that could make you support him. You have made your feelings known. He cannot destroy your country and shouldn't cater to your irrational concerns.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I agree it's a stupid topic of discussion......Since President Trump wants to make AMERICA great again why does he feel it's so important to tweet about his daughter's demise at Nordstrom? Does a majority of the country care about this setback? I don't I'm sure her bank account is still looking much better than most of us here.

Pecae
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

What's stupid is that POTUS used the official account to make a personal statement about his daughter's business dealings. He did it to take a shot at Nordstrom's because he thinks people will be on his side. Maybe he should tweet about the loss of job/business to Americans who don't have millions of dollars and are trying to survive. That is terrible.

Sorry, you're president now, your personal life isn't a priority, especially when it comes to how much money your family is making.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Regardless, it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in him as CIC, if he finds the time to twit during working hours, particularly over something as of so little importance to our collective national security. Aides are already saying he acts like a spoiled child. This confirms it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

mfc2006 said:

BS44325 said:

Again I don't disagree but you are being disingenuous that he could change in a way that could make you support him. You have made your feelings known. He cannot destroy your country and shouldn't cater to your irrational concerns.
    You used to post with class and logic, what happened?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That world is over.

But other then you (maybe) his critics don't care about his focus. It's a lie. They want him gone.
    Of course his critics want him gone, but it's because of where he is putting his focus (or more specifically where he promised to put his focus). If you think that Romney or McCain would have faced this level of vitriol, I think you are drastically wrong. The intentions of his critics, vitriol, criticisms, etc., does not absolve him from having to act like a mature President. Again, certain things should be beneath him.

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Good god
    You need to read this and then reconsider your "Good god"...

http://observer.com/2017/02/i-helped-create-the-milo-trolling-playbook-you-should-stop-playing-right-into-it/

You are being trolled with Trump's tweets over and over again. What people on here consider to be "beneath the office of the president" is a simple strategy that his just been run on repeat. It is ugly...it is chaotic...but it is successful. Trump is getting everything that he wants.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    BS44325 said:

mfc2006 said:

BS44325 said:

My feelings are very genuine and no one has the right to say otherwise. My thoughts and feelings about the possibility of him destroying the country are also rational. I don't just fly off the handle & post whatever comes to mind...I think things through rationally, then post. Thanks for chiming in, though. You have also made your feelings known.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Good god

http://observer.com/2017/02/i-helped-create-the-milo-trolling-playbook-you-should-stop-playing-right-into-it/

You are being trolled with Trump's tweets over and over again. What people on here consider to be "beneath the office of the president" is a simple strategy that his just been run on repeat. It is ugly...it is chaotic...but it is successful. Trump is getting everything that he wants.
    It's a little early to declare that. What has he gotten so far? Don't say cabinet posts because that's a pretty low bar.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Good god

I'm good
This discussion has been closed.