Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208

if mexico is the 3rd largest importer of good into the us then why are millions of Mexican citizens sneaking into the US ? maybe if we shut the door Mexico's government will be forced to take care of their own people.

Low information question. Please educate yourself.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,179
    minimum wage there is less than $5 per DAY, for starters. and that's backbreaking labour.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Nationwide, unauthorized immigrants are clustered in a few occupations, notably farming, fishing and forestry (26 percent of the workforce), building and grounds (17 percent), and construction and mining (14 percent). They comprise 24 percent of all groundskeepers, 23 percent of domestic workers and 20 percent of those in clothing manufacture.

Wouldn't it be horrible if all those workers suddenly disappeared? There aren't anywhere near enough Americans willing to fill them.
    this was going to be my next point. the economy will grind to a halt, if not ignite a monster recession. the main reason all these illegals are employed in the first place is because it is simply not worth it for americans to work those jobs for the wages they pay. if these employers are forced to pay wages that are along legal guidelines, either prices skyrocket, or the business cease to operate; probably both. either way, everyday americans simply will not be able to afford the new prices on housing, clothing, etc, etc. how is trump going to deal with this?

probably blame obama.
    one sided argument ignoring the hire paying wage effect
    or maybe the economy will become buoyant, with real wage increases...were all better off when were all better off.
    I'm not trying to be one-sided. can you explain what you mean?
    hire=higher
    the economy wont come to a halt, unless you really believe all the immigrant jobs and job sectors just disappear. the restaurants will shut down, no more fruits and vegetables, houses will be built without roofs and walls, etc etc. maybe the employers will be forced to pay higher (real livable) wages to those unemployed and underemployed and those new wager earners with their new income will consume and lift the entire economy, the buoy effect.

anyway speaking of work... to all, "I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight"
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Nationwide, unauthorized immigrants are clustered in a few occupations, notably farming, fishing and forestry (26 percent of the workforce), building and grounds (17 percent), and construction and mining (14 percent). They comprise 24 percent of all groundskeepers, 23 percent of domestic workers and 20 percent of those in clothing manufacture.

Wouldn't it be horrible if all those workers suddenly disappeared? There aren't anywhere near enough Americans willing to fill them.
    this was going to be my next point. the economy will grind to a halt, if not ignite a monster recession. the main reason all these illegals are employed in the first place is because it is simply not worth it for americans to work those jobs for the wages they pay. if these employers are forced to pay wages that are along legal guidelines, either prices skyrocket, or the business cease to operate; probably both. either way, everyday americans simply will not be able to afford the new prices on housing, clothing, etc, etc. how is trump going to deal with this?

probably blame obama.
    or maybe the economy will become buoyant, with real wage increases...were all better off when were all better off.
    hire=higher
    the economy wont come to a halt, unless you really believe all the immigrant jobs and job sectors just disappear. the restaurants will shut, no more fruits and vegetables, houses will be built without roofs and walls, etc etc. maybe the employers will be forced to pay higher (real livable) wages to those unemployed and underemployed and those new wager earners with their new income will consume and lift the entire economy, they buoy effect.

cost of goods will increase exponentially giving the average american worker less spending income. bad for the economy and worse for the average american. why is this difficult to grasp?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher
    the economy wont come to a halt, unless you really believe all the immigrant jobs and job sectors just disappear. the restaurants will shut, no more fruits and vegetables, houses will be built without roofs and walls, etc etc. maybe the employers will be forced to pay higher (real livable) wages to those unemployed and underemployed and those new wager earners with their new income will consume and lift the entire economy, they buoy effect.

cost of goods will increase exponentially giving the average american worker less spending income. bad for the economy and worse for the average american. why is this difficult to grasp?
    again one sided... what will increase the cost of goods???
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

yes, they contribute to the economy, but what about the effect of higher wages (and let's be honest, the wage gap between illegal immigrant and legal minimum wage is HUGE) having on the cost of goods and services? you drive up wages, you drive up costs. those costs get passed onto the consumer. I don't know how you are accounting for that fluctuation being negligible.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

again one sided... what will increase the cost of goods???
    really? "maybe the employers will be forced to pay higher (real livable) wages" . that comes straight from your last post. do you really think employers are just going to the eat the cost of a higher payroll? higher wages equals higher prices.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

yes, they contribute to the economy, but what about the effect of higher wages (and let's be honest, the wage gap between illegal immigrant and legal minimum wage is HUGE) having on the cost of goods and services? you drive up wages, you drive up costs. those costs get passed onto the consumer. I don't know how you are accounting for that fluctuation being negligible.
    I wish people would understand this concept when minimum wage discussions begin...
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

yes, they contribute to the economy, but what about the effect of higher wages (and let's be honest, the wage gap between illegal immigrant and legal minimum wage is HUGE) having on the cost of goods and services? you drive up wages, you drive up costs. those costs get passed onto the consumer. I don't know how you are accounting for that fluctuation.
    and where do profits come in?? I haven't heard that yet..you're correct with increased COGS due to increased wages maybe executive pay and profits will take a hit. under that scenario im glad im not an executive or large shareholder.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

yes, they contribute to the economy, but what about the effect of higher wages (and let's be honest, the wage gap between illegal immigrant and legal minimum wage is HUGE) having on the cost of goods and services? you drive up wages, you drive up costs. those costs get passed onto the consumer. I don't know how you are accounting for that fluctuation.
    and where do profits come in?? I haven't heard that yet..you're correct with increased COGS due to increased wages maybe executive pay and profits will take a hit. under that scenario im glad im not an executive or large shareholder.
    not a chance that executives or profits take a hit. always always always the consumer pays.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

this might be the funniest thing i've read on the internet all week. do you believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus as well?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

not a chance that executives or profits take a hit. always always always the consumer pays.
    and then what happens when the consumers cannot afford to pay for the increased in prices and the employer cannot exploit illegal immigrants with low wages?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

this might be the funniest thing i've read on the internet all week. do you believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus as well?
    and then what happens when the consumers cannot afford to pay for the increased in prices and the employer cannot exploit illegal immigrants with low wages?

the floor is yours...............
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

Again, which is why minimum wage hikes negatively effect the economy, right?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

they ship the jobs to mexico
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

they either downsize their business to cut costs, or they go out of business. or, depending on the industry, ship those jobs out of the US.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017

JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

they either downsize their business to cut costs, or they go out of business. or, depending on the industry, ship those jobs out of the US.
    Just like what happens when businesses are forced to pay extra taxes, wages, healthcare costs, etc! This is turning into a very conservative rhetoric.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

Again, which is why minimum wage hikes negatively effect the economy, right?
    I don't know enough about the overall effect to comment on that. I think it would depend on the increase. if you are talking about just an increase in $0.50 to the minimum wage, then no, it doesn't affect it negatively. but if you are talking about paying an illegal $30 a day to all of a sudden paying them $100 per day, then yeah, you're running into problems. not to mention the benefits you have to pay as well.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

Just like what happens when businesses are forced to pay extra taxes, wages, healthcare costs, etc! This is turning into a very conservative rhetoric.
    describe an extra tax?
    so your all for US citizens to become completely reliant on the US government (US taxpayers) for basic needs, like food, water, shelter, healthcare? your American dream is to have everyone be on social security and medicare and carry a ebt card?
    employers, companies should have zero social awareness.
    does you last name rhyme with malwart?
  • Options
    what does the economy prove right now...ignore santa clause and the easter bunny. real wages have been stagnant since the 60s, have keeping wages low worked for the US economy and its workforce or has it worked for executives profits and shareholders.

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/the-real-culprit/6276

https://www.glassdoor.com/research/ceo-pay-ratio/
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

probably blame obama.
    hire=higher

describe an extra tax?
    so your all for US citizens to become completely reliant on the US government (US taxpayers) for basic needs, like food, water, shelter, healthcare? your American dream is to have everyone be on social security and medicare and carry a ebt card?
    employers, companies should have zero social awareness.
    does you last name rhyme with malwart?
    Do you not think that more aggressive taxes on the wealthy business owners would equate to the same thing? I'm actually at a loss as to what you are trying to say here...? I am merely repeating what whe person that I responded to said that any intrusion on a business's profit will result in that business raising costs on consumers to compensate...pretty much business 101.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Did you read it? The last sentence...This is yet another reminder that you should think before you share.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,313
    What say you Trump supporters?

Poll: Trump voters OK with a private email server

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316414-trump-voters-think-he-should-be-allowed-to-have-a-private-email
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,313
    The party of doers. How many years have they had to figure this out?

Republicans Quietly Admit There Will Be No Obamacare Replacement

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/gop-quietly-admits-there-will-be-no-obamacare-replacement.html
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Not that we didn't already know Trump is a narcissist, but here's an interesting "diagnosis" from a psychotherapist at Johns Hopkins Medical School who teaches psychiatric residents there. From the article Temperament Tantrum:

John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who teaches psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable.

Gartner acknowledges that he has not personally examined Trump, but says it's obvious from Trump's behavior that he meets the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, which include anti-social behavior, sadism, aggressiveness, paranoia and grandiosity. Trump's personality disorder (which includes hypomania) is also displayed through a lack of impulse control and empathy, and "a feeling that people ... don't recognize their greatness.

"We've seen enough public behavior by Donald Trump now that we can make this diagnosis indisputably," says Gartner. His comments run afoul of the so-called Goldwater Rule, the informal term for part of the ethics code of the American Psychiatric Association saying it is wrong to provide a professional opinion of a public figure without examining that person and gaining consent to discuss the evaluation. But Gartner says the Trump case warrants breaking that ethical code.

Trump himself has defended his demeanor as – perhaps paradoxically – the best. "I think I have the best temperament or certainly one of the best temperaments of anybody that's ever run for the office of president. Ever," Trump told a rally of supporters in Colorado Springs during the campaign. And he dismissed questions during the ABC interview about whether he was disturbingly obsessed with his crowd sizes and popularity. Instead, Trump complained that Democratic leaders wrongly revealed that in a private meeting with Capitol Hill leaders earlier in the week, Trump brought up what he said were unfair stories about his inaugural crowd and reiterated the unsubstantiated claim that 3-5 million people voted illegally – and all against him.
    Sounds about right to me.

From Psychology Today Malignant Narcissism is:
    • Narcissistic
    • Entitled
    • No conscience or “Super-ego lacunae” (Holes in conscience)
    • Sadistic
    • Egocentric
    • Regressed
    • Grandiose
    • Paranoid
    • Destructive
    • Manipulative
    • Use of projection (attributing one’s own untoward actions or qualities to another)
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/gop-quietly-admits-there-will-be-no-obamacare-replacement.html

:frowning: This jumped out at me from the article "Numerous members expressed fears about the backlash they would face by snatching coverage from 20 million Americans. They have spent eight years promising to implement something better, and the Republican party is still gawking at a whiteboard trying to figure out step one."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited January 2017
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

:frowning: This jumped out at me from the article "Numerous members expressed fears about the backlash they would face by snatching coverage from 20 million Americans. They have spent eight years promising to implement something better, and the Republican party is still gawking at a whiteboard trying to figure out step one."
    They're worried about the backlash, but no mention of the actual health/lives of those 20 million though, or their concern for their well-being. All they give a shit about is their own political position. Did it even occur to them that the way they've done this will literally cause the death of some Americans and the financial destruction of others? I doubt it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.