Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Idiots. They should keep it in place and try to come up with an alternative if they want to change it so much. Fucking idiots.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,313
    Top security expert: Trump's unsecured Android phone could be used to spy on the president

He says the "bigger risk" stemming from Trump's unsecured Android phone isn't that the data on it could be stolen, but that a hacker could compromise the device and turn it into a presidential spying machine.

"That Android has a microphone, which means that it can be turned into a room bug without anyone's knowledge," he wrote. "That's my real fear."

Schneier also says a forged email could "easily move the stock market," and that by using a consumer device, Trump is "at risk from everybody, ranging from lone hackers to the better-funded intelligence agencies of the world."

http://www.businessinsider.com/bruce-schneier-trump-android-phone-room-bug-2017-1

Hacker to Trump: Fix your security settings on Twitter

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/technology/trump-white-house-twitter-security/
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,066
    So what grade would you give president trump for his first week in office?
    To me, too much change in a little amount of time. D-
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    dignin said:

Top security expert: Trump's unsecured Android phone could be used to spy on the president

He says the "bigger risk" stemming from Trump's unsecured Android phone isn't that the data on it could be stolen, but that a hacker could compromise the device and turn it into a presidential spying machine.

"That Android has a microphone, which means that it can be turned into a room bug without anyone's knowledge," he wrote. "That's my real fear."

Schneier also says a forged email could "easily move the stock market," and that by using a consumer device, Trump is "at risk from everybody, ranging from lone hackers to the better-funded intelligence agencies of the world."

http://www.businessinsider.com/bruce-schneier-trump-android-phone-room-bug-2017-1

Hacker to Trump: Fix your security settings on Twitter

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/technology/trump-white-house-twitter-security/

If he gets rid of his android, how will Putin listen in on meetings?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

But he's trying. At least give him a C- and move him through.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

But he's trying. At least give him a C- and move him through.
    Let's kick him out and send to to one of those new charter countries. I heard those are way better. Betsy says so.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'll give him a D+ and the White House staff an F-. The communication (well, lack of) and misdirection on policy is insane. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Not that we didn't already know Trump is a narcissist, but here's an interesting "diagnosis" from a psychotherapist at Johns Hopkins Medical School who teaches psychiatric residents there. From the article Temperament Tantrum:

John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who teaches psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable.

Gartner acknowledges that he has not personally examined Trump, but says it's obvious from Trump's behavior that he meets the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, which include anti-social behavior, sadism, aggressiveness, paranoia and grandiosity. Trump's personality disorder (which includes hypomania) is also displayed through a lack of impulse control and empathy, and "a feeling that people ... don't recognize their greatness.

"We've seen enough public behavior by Donald Trump now that we can make this diagnosis indisputably," says Gartner. His comments run afoul of the so-called Goldwater Rule, the informal term for part of the ethics code of the American Psychiatric Association saying it is wrong to provide a professional opinion of a public figure without examining that person and gaining consent to discuss the evaluation. But Gartner says the Trump case warrants breaking that ethical code.

Trump himself has defended his demeanor as – perhaps paradoxically – the best. "I think I have the best temperament or certainly one of the best temperaments of anybody that's ever run for the office of president. Ever," Trump told a rally of supporters in Colorado Springs during the campaign. And he dismissed questions during the ABC interview about whether he was disturbingly obsessed with his crowd sizes and popularity. Instead, Trump complained that Democratic leaders wrongly revealed that in a private meeting with Capitol Hill leaders earlier in the week, Trump brought up what he said were unfair stories about his inaugural crowd and reiterated the unsubstantiated claim that 3-5 million people voted illegally – and all against him.
    Sounds about right to me.

From Psychology Today Malignant Narcissism is:
    • Narcissistic
    • Entitled
    • No conscience or “Super-ego lacunae” (Holes in conscience)
    • Sadistic
    • Egocentric
    • Regressed
    • Grandiose
    • Paranoid
    • Destructive
    • Manipulative
    • Use of projection (attributing one’s own untoward actions or qualities to another)

He really does seem like the textbook definition.
  • Options
    Can't give Trump a passing grade that's for sure, look at this fool...

Not sure what psychologists would make of that, but everyone should see a dumb man way out of his depth.
    Plus Conway's face as she realises that BBC journalists ask actual questions.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone could think he deserves a passing grade, with how he's been conducting himself. It's bloody embarrassing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could think he deserves a passing grade, with how he's been conducting himself. It's bloody embarrassing.

Hey I gave him a d- since he didn't launch any nukes!
  • Options

Not sure what psychologists would make of that, but everyone should see a dumb man way out of his depth.
    Who the fuck is laughing at that answer? His cheerleading squad again?
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sadly, I think that's my justification too for not failing him. It was a really awful first week, but the world is still spinning.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,494
    dignin said:

Who the fuck is laughing at that answer? His cheerleading squad again?
    Yep probably Spicer that asshole sitting same row as Conway ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited January 2017
    I'll give Bafoon (trademark josevolution) a D..not an F since he said he'll bring the Fed's in Chicago which I can get on board with.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

The party of doers. How many years have they had to figure this out?

Republicans Quietly Admit There Will Be No Obamacare Replacement

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/gop-quietly-admits-there-will-be-no-obamacare-replacement.html

:frowning: This jumped out at me from the article "Numerous members expressed fears about the backlash they would face by snatching coverage from 20 million Americans. They have spent eight years promising to implement something better, and the Republican party is still gawking at a whiteboard trying to figure out step one."
    They're worried about the backlash, but no mention of the actual health/lives of those 20 million though, or their concern for their well-being. All they give a shit about is their own political position. Did it even occur to them that the way they've done this will literally cause the death of some Americans and the financial destruction of others? I doubt it.
    Good call, I bet they never even thought of that.

(Insert huge eyed face thingy here)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    i wouldn't grade him, i'd kick him out of my class and school. he doesn't belong there.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    edited January 2017
    I give him a B. He's reversed the things that Obama had tried to snub with executive orders even though they were already passed. Lived up to a lot of his campaign promises which is a huge step for any president. Has brought immigration to everyone's attention when no one wanted to admit it was an issue before.

Not sure I'm down with his constant arguing with the media, not sure I'm ok with any of his scary EPA agenda, but my opinion on his policies aside, this is the most I've ever seen a president do in his first week, and that I applaud. I voted for a president to be active, so I get what I hoped for... just have to take the good with the bad.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Expelled.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't consider a D- a passing grade anyway. :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I give him a B. He's reversed the things that Obama had tried to snub with executive orders even though they were already passed. Lived up to a lot of his campaign promises which is a huge step for any president. Has brought immigration to everyone's attention when no one wanted to admit it was an issue before.

Not sure I'm down with his constant arguing with the media, not sure I'm ok with any of his scary EPA agenda, but my opinion on his policies aside, this is the most I've ever seen a president do in his first week, and that I applaud. I voted for a president to be active, so I get what I hoped for... just have to take the good with the bad.

The reason other presidents don't do it like that is because it's reckless and irresponsible. I do understand that it's nice to see a new leader actually DO something, but from what I can tell, Trump doesn't bother to consider the full ramifications of what he's doing, and that seems like a real problem to say the least.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

The reason other presidents don't do it like that is because it's reckless and irresponsible. I do understand that it's nice to see a new leader actually DO something, but from what I can tell, Trump doesn't bother to consider the full ramifications of what he's doing, and that seems like a real problem to say the least.
    Well said Allie and rolesmodelinblood.
    hopefully it s a quiet weekend on the trump front.
    Happy Friday everyone! Be safe and enjoy.
    Mike
  • Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

minimum wage there is less than $5 per DAY, for starters. and that's backbreaking labour.

well that's my point, the Mexican government needs to do something for their economy other than sleep with the drug cartels.
    if you keep the people hungry it's easier to control them.

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

Well since Americans treat and think of him as a child they should treat him as one according to the No Child Left Behind act.
    Help him succeed and give him the tools!
    So I give a grade b-
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

Expelled.

I'd transfer him to an alternative school for behavioral problems that would provide a safe and structured environment that affords him a strong sense of security, a positive attitude toward learning, and incentives for appropriate behavior. He'd probably be happy because he would think he was going there to learn alternative facts taught by Kellyanne Conway.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

Expelled.

I'd transfer him to an alternative school for behavioral problems that would provide a safe and structured environment that affords him a strong sense of security, a positive attitude toward learning, and incentives for appropriate behavior. He'd probably be happy because he would think he was going there to learn alternative facts taught by Kellyanne Conway.
    Maybe a secure treament facility where he could get sex offender treatment?
  • Options
    Does Trump have an executive order lined up to remove the whole 'land of the free and home of the brave' stuff?
    People of science/intelligence have been quieted and some foreign people aren't allowed in anymore because... err... maybe they might do something.
    No freedom or bravery allowed in Trump USA

Although I suppose I am lucky because I am supposed to have God save the Queen and I don't believe in Gods.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

Expelled.

Haha
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.