Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168

all this non-sense about Hitler and Trump ? really ?? does building (or should I say finishing) a wall on the Mexican boarder and stopping the flow or flood of immigrants make a Hitler ? Obama and Hillary have "helped" immigrants to the point that it has damaged our country financially and in our security, proof of that is not hard to find.

Then please post the link showing the 'help'.
    if I need to do that then there is no point, blind allegiance to the Democratic party or any party for that matter is dangerous, I've voted for different parties throughout my life (voting for the best liar) I never restrict myself to parties.

I put this through the godfather translator and got this: there is no proof of my baseless claim.
    :rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601

all this non-sense about Hitler and Trump ? really ?? does building (or should I say finishing) a wall on the Mexican boarder and stopping the flow or flood of immigrants make a Hitler ? Obama and Hillary have "helped" immigrants to the point that it has damaged our country financially and in our security, proof of that is not hard to find.

if I need to do that then there is no point, blind allegiance to the Democratic party or any party for that matter is dangerous, I've voted for different parties throughout my life (voting for the best liar) I never restrict myself to parties.

I put this through the godfather translator and got this: there is no proof of my baseless claim.
    The current president uses the same translator
  • Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

folks like you need to rely on someone, but yes your claim is baseless.

• Options

Lol

So in other words... you can't do it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited January 2017

It's his propaganda and anti-media tactics that most remind me of Hitler, although this new thing about listing all the crimes that illegal immigrants commit and his old thing about dependency on racism and fear to gain power are undeniably reminiscent of Hitler's tactics, not to mention the whole Muslim registry threat (this is fact, not opinion). The wall thing doesn't really remind me of Hitler. That reminds me of Khrushchev.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

Lol

do a little homework, how much do we as tax payers spend annually on immigration, medical, housing, incarceration, legal cost, etc. ? I believe it's about $13 billion and thanks to out last president our national debt is almost $20 trillion.
    and the security risk ? I can't believe anybody would not know.

• Options

Lol

do a little homework, how much do we as tax payers spend annually on immigration, medical, housing, incarceration, legal cost, etc. ? I believe it's about $13 billion and thanks to out last president our national debt is almost $20 trillion.

yep, the national debt was zero when obama took office. sure.

and you don't, so why would anyone else?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Lol

The wall will cost more dude.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676
    edited January 2017
    Shocking to see that ignoring immigration laws has led to unrest and infighting in the country, and even helped elect Donald Trump.

Better money be spent on a wall or security and funding agencies helping speed up the legal immigration process, than just letting anyone come in the country and paying their expenses.

The left failed to compute that the total disregard of laws like in sanctuary cities would eventually piss some people off.

The USA would be a lot better off if the laws on the books were followed and if they need changing, Congress changed them instead of some executive order that gets reversed every 4 to 8 years.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol

And people will still tunnel under it
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol

And people will still tunnel under it
    Yup, and some border patrol will probably still aid human smuggling for profit too.
  • Options

Shocking to see that ignoring immigration laws has led to unrest and infighting in the country, and even helped elect Donald Trump.

Better money be spent on a wall or security and funding agencies helping speed up the legal immigration process, than just letting anyone come in the country and paying their expenses.

The left failed to compute that the total disregard of laws like in sanctuary cities would eventually piss some people off.

The USA would be a lot better off if the laws on the books were followed and if they need changing, Congress changed them instead of some executive order that gets reversed every 4 to 8 years.

There are less expensive and less destructive ways to handle the issue. I.e. good old fashioned law enforcement. If the trillion dollars that this stupid wall will end up costing were redirected towards other programs aimed at educating and naturalizing productive illegal immigrants and deporting the non-productive ones, that would be money much better spent.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I KNOW EVERYTHING
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Not one red cent for that stupid wall. grrrrr.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

There are less expensive and less destructive ways to handle the issue. I.e. good old fashioned law enforcement. If the trillion dollars that this stupid wall will end up costing were redirected towards other programs aimed at educating and naturalizing productive illegal immigrants and deporting the non-productive ones, that would be money much better spent.
    Yeah, putting the money in the right place is fine with me. I think any plan going forward that allows people to break the law and get citizenship is going to lead to discontent to a lot of law abiding citizens.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747

What expenses for illegal immigrants are taxpayers paying for?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017

here is a nice summary
    http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers

lets for the sake of argument assume that the report is 70% inaccurate or over-estimated....is $34 billion illegal immigration annual costs acceptable?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, putting the money in the right place is fine with me. I think any plan going forward that allows people to break the law and get citizenship is going to lead to discontent to a lot of law abiding citizens.
    I guess. I personally feel that many illegal immigrants should be given that chance that some seem to oppose. The majority of illegal immigrants are illegal immigrants because they had the misfortune of being born in places where it is basically impossible to live a life that isn't awful. Most of them are just trying to find a better life for themselves and their families. Someone has to be really desperate to pack up their families (or just go alone) and escape across a border in the middle of a desert in search of a better life. I feel like most of these folk deserve compassion and a helping hand so that they can integrate into American society and benefit the economy, even if they didn't enter legally. If they'd tried to do it legally, it never would have happened. It's not like all of those desperate people could have gone through the proper channels and been allowed in. I know it's breaking the law, but I figure that if I was literally trapped in a life of poverty (or worse) and I saw a way to get my family out of that, I'd consider taking that chance as well. It easy to judge from the comfort of our own lives.
    But when it comes to illegal immigrants who then break laws (aside from working for employers who pay them so they can live), I have no tolerance. I think they should have all their assets seized and be deported immediately. I also think that employers who hire illegal immigrants who they can pay slave wages to should lose their businesses and receive a prison term (That includes Trump, lol). If the US would figure out a way for these folks to become naturalized and to be able to work to support themselves through the process, that would be great for America IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

Yep, all the illegal immigrants come over to the USA and pay for health care and school 100% out of pocket.

We have plenty of poor citizens that need help too and are overlooked.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I dunno, since they also pay taxes. The fact is, illegal immigrants ultimately help the US economy, and getting rid of them would be absolutely disastrous for the US economy. Funny how that never seems to be a topic of conversation.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672

Bill Clinton was impeached for telling 1 lie about extra marital activity.

1 lie.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

1 lie.

yep. I don't think it will end well for Trumpy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306

1 lie.

What was that lie about again.......

;)

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I dunno, since they also pay taxes. The fact is, illegal immigrants ultimately help the US economy, and getting rid of them would be absolutely disastrous for the US economy. Funny how that never seems to be a topic of conversation.
    I am sure they are all paying their taxes and not getting paid in cash.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    dignin said:

1 lie.

What was that lie about again.......

;)

B)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

according to the report posted above, they pay in about $14 billion fed state and local, lets assume that the report underestimated the illegal immigrant "inflows" and add $7B to put the total at $21B, if they cost $34B then your still in the hole $13B.
    Is $13B an acceptable amount to subsidize illegal immigration?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

PJ_Soul said:

They at least pay sales taxes though, and contribute to the economy by spending that cash. They also create the markets that other businesses profit from.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747

PJ_Soul said:

You mean employers hire illegals? Why isn't this ever a part of the illegal immigration discussion?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

They at least pay sales taxes though, and contribute to the economy by spending that cash. They also create the markets that other businesses profit from.
    Except that $25billion earned USD are remitted back to Mexico annually.
This discussion has been closed.