Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127
    all this non-sense about Hitler and Trump ? really ?? does building (or should I say finishing) a wall on the Mexican boarder and stopping the flow or flood of immigrants make a Hitler ? Obama and Hillary have "helped" immigrants to the point that it has damaged our country financially and in our security, proof of that is not hard to find.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017

all this non-sense about Hitler and Trump ? really ?? does building (or should I say finishing) a wall on the Mexican boarder and stopping the flow or flood of immigrants make a Hitler ? Obama and Hillary have "helped" immigrants to the point that it has damaged our country financially and in our security, proof of that is not hard to find.

To you Hitler point...its been and remains to be about click$ and rating$!
    Stay tuned
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601

I guess your "timeout " (temporary banning) didn't teach you anything.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672

People who were conned into voting for Trump SHOULD be ashamed.

They've been had.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    edited January 2017
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

aren't those resignations protocol with each new administration, and the incoming admin team decides to accept or reject, and Trump accepted?

Fake news much?
    Pardon? How so? Did you read the article?
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration/index.html
    from the CNN article:

All four, career officers serving in positions appointed by the President, submitted letters of resignation per tradition at the beginning of a new administration.

The letters from the White House said that their resignations were accepted and they were thanked for their service.

from the WP article:

One senior State Department official who responded to my requests for comment said that all the officials had previously submitted their letters of resignation, as was required for all positions that are appointed by the president and that require confirmation by the Senate, known as PAS positions.

however, the rest of the WP article makes it sound as if they undertook a mass exodus in protest. the WP article is obviously slanted. REALLY slanted. so FAKE NEWS is a real thing! LOL
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:
    Perfect phony example...Hooton is making the claim that a Nazi propaganda publication that depicts, not lists their crimes, depicts "criminal Jews" you know the type, is equal to crime statistics on immigrants.
    Hootan states "this is literally something Nazis did to Jews" which couldn't be more inaccurate. What the Nazi publication did do, is suggest that all Jews are criminals based on "generalizations" of "criminal Jews", what "criminal Jews" dress like, what "criminal Jews" look like, places "criminal Jews" frequent etc etc.

Neues Volk never published an acccount of one actual Jewish criminal, but yeah its literally the same thing... now go on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neues_Volk
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

I guess your "timeout " (temporary banning) didn't teach you anything.
    Another PC victim? lmao.
    Keep up the Bolshevik censorship

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747

Then please post the link showing the 'help'.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:
    Perfect phony example...Hooton is making the claim that a Nazi propaganda publication that depicts, not lists their crimes, depicts "criminal Jews" you know the type, is equal to crime statistics on immigrants.
    Hootan states "this is literally something Nazis did to Jews" which couldn't be more inaccurate. What the Nazi publication did do, is suggest that all Jews are criminals based on "generalizations" of "criminal Jews", what "criminal Jews" dress like, what "criminal Jews" look like, places "criminal Jews" frequent etc etc.

Neues Volk never published an acccount of one actual Jewish criminal, but yeah its literally the same thing... now go on.
    Rather than split hairs, please tell me you can see parallels between trump and other authoritarians with regard to his policies and communications style.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601

Your wasting your time asking for a link.
    godfather, like the current president, likes to make scurrilous claims without ever providing verifiable proof.
  • Options

What are you talking about with regards to Obama helping immigrants and this help damaging your country?

I know people aren't too thrilled with my characterization of the typical Trump voter... but in all seriousness... aside from BS, some posts on here lend much support to my exaggerations.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Since taking office, President Trump has looked to fulfill some of his campaign promises by using executive orders. Here are the orders he has signed so far:
    •Multi-pronged orders on border security and immigration enforcement including: the authorization of a U.S.-Mexico border wall; the stripping of federal grant money to sanctuary cities; hiring 5,000 more Border Patrol agents; ending “catch-and-release” policies for illegal immigrants; and reinstating local and state immigration enforcement partnerships.
    •Two orders reviving the Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access piplines. He also signed three other related orders that would: expedite the environmental permitting process for infrastructure projects related to the pipelines; direct the Commerce Department to streamline the manufacturing permitting process; and give the Commerce Department 180 days to maximize the use of U.S. steel in the pipeline.

•An order to reinstate the so-called "Mexico City Policy" – a ban on federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion. The policy was instituted in 1984 by President Reagan, but has gone into and out of effect depending on the party in power in the White House.
    •He signed a notice that the U.S. will begin withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. Trump called the order "a great thing for the American worker."
    •An order imposing a hiring freeze for some federal government workers as a way to shrink the size of government. This excludes the military, as Trump noted at the signing.
    •An order that directs federal agencies to ease the “regulatory burdens” of ObamaCare. It orders agencies to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement” of ObamaCare that imposes a “fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/24/list-trumps-executive-orders.html

man ! did he hit the ground running or what ?

Hmmm didn't you hate Obama for his executive orders??

Hypocrite?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Rather than split hairs, please tell me you can see parallels between trump and other authoritarians with regard to his policies and communications style.
    I'm not sure that is splitting hairs... is that how you define it?
    Anyway, name me the authoritarians your have in mind and I'll answer it specifically?
    (I prefer an authoritarian dictator that is not pictured shaking the hand of any US representative, POTUS, Senator or congressman etc.)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    His executive orders are bullshit. They are basically just opinions.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    CM189191 said:

You happen to have any charts on the number of manufacturing jobs and real wages?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Anyway, name me the authoritarians your have in mind and I'll answer it specifically?
    (I prefer an authoritarian dictator that is not pictured shaking the hand of any US representative, POTUS, Senator or congressman etc.)
    Splitting hairs with regard to determining what's propaganda or not.
    trump and Mussolini, brothers from another mother? Go!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

aren't those resignations protocol with each new administration, and the incoming admin team decides to accept or reject, and Trump accepted?

Fake news much?
    Pardon? How so? Did you read the article?
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration/index.html
    from the CNN article:

All four, career officers serving in positions appointed by the President, submitted letters of resignation per tradition at the beginning of a new administration.

The letters from the White House said that their resignations were accepted and they were thanked for their service.

from the WP article:

One senior State Department official who responded to my requests for comment said that all the officials had previously submitted their letters of resignation, as was required for all positions that are appointed by the president and that require confirmation by the Senate, known as PAS positions.

however, the rest of the WP article makes it sound as if they undertook a mass exodus in protest. the WP article is obviously slanted. REALLY slanted. so FAKE NEWS is a real thing! LOL
    And it most definitely was not just WP slinging the bullshit...in fact I would be willing that MOST outlets were spinning the story this way.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Trump flicks lights on and off to let Fox and Friends know he is watching them on TV ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-5Tcl-ywCU

Pretty funny! I bet the secret service loves that Trump let everyone know which room he eats his toast and jelly each morning.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    edited January 2017

mace1229 said:

Maybe it's because I live in rural southern Illinois, but the Trump voters here not only own their vote, they own the shit out of it. It's like a badge of honor.

I know that isn't true everywhere in the country but it baffles me.

Yeah, I don't know any coward Trump voters either. They throw it in my face every time we talk -- which is why I'm sick of the real cowards with the "I'm so afraid tell people." Give me a break.
    But then again you wouldn't, right? Because they are too coward to admit it.
    I believe I quoted your comment about these mysterious people who are afraid to admit it . . . You must know some of them, or be one of them, if you are privy to this phenomenon.

I'll be clear, this isn't necessarily directed at you, or anyone in particular. This is a response to a variety of posts I've seen and I haven't bothered to keep track of who said what.

Its not mysterious, I thought it was common knowledge. Proof of that would be if you think you don't know any Trump supporters. With nearly half the country voting for him, if you think your whole family and all your coworkers are with Hilary, then you're wrong. I read posts of people saying how happy they are that all of their coworkers and family are with them on Hilary, and what I really want to say is "no, you're just that obnoxious one that no one wants to talk about politics with." But I haven't.
    Not just with Trump, but with many issues across the board. People on the right don't like to talk politics or hot topics because the left can be ridiculous when discussing such topics.
    You don't agree with their immigration then you're racist. You don't agree on abortion then its because you're sexist (somehow this even applies to female feminists. I'll need someone to explain that to me). You don't agree on bathroom regulations then you must be homophobic. its even turned into if you support cops your racist, you're afraid of terrorism then you're religist (if that's a word) to the point where if they didn't vote for your candidate then you're all of the above.
    Discussing these topics bring out the same behavior on the left as when you try to take a toy away from a toddler. Resulting in zero logic and a bunch of name calling and stomping of feet without any real attempt to understand your view, and most of us just have better things to do with their time. Myself, I'm home wick a sick kid so I don't at the moment. Its not being a coward, its not wanting to waste your time with someone who refuses to even listen to your point of view and who thinks a slew of foul language directed at you is their best argument. Just really isn't worth it. The country is nearly divided in half on every major topic, so you've never wondered why in every social media forum and group social discussions or work parties it always seems to be one-sided, leaning toward the left on every topic? They'd rather spend their energy on something useful.
    Obviously that doesn't describe everyone on the left, but with any group it is usually the most obnoxious who are the loudest.
    Seen a hundred times on this forum. Any time someone mentions they voted trump it is followed by 10 posts of name calling with zero substance or reasoning to convince them they were wrong. There's even entire threads devoted to bashing those who voted Trump-or at least have turned into that.
    How about, I don't know, a real discussion with someone to find out why they believe what they believe and find out what issues would make them vote democratic in the next election? Or just stick to insults and pretend to be puzzled why half the country isn't siding with you.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Splitting hairs with regard to determining what's propaganda or not.
    trump and Mussolini, brothers from another mother? Go!
    I don't see the similarities other than with respect to media treatment... Mussolini was a socialist and wanted to conquer territories, quite the opposite of Trump. Mussolini created a one-party dictatorship whereas Trump inherits something similar. That's the best I can do!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Trump to speak with France Germany and Russia(3Xs)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Maybe it's because I live in rural southern Illinois, but the Trump voters here not only own their vote, they own the shit out of it. It's like a badge of honor.

Yeah, I don't know any coward Trump voters either. They throw it in my face every time we talk -- which is why I'm sick of the real cowards with the "I'm so afraid tell people." Give me a break.
    I believe I quoted your comment about these mysterious people who are afraid to admit it . . . You must know some of them, or be one of them, if you are privy to this phenomenon.

I'll be clear, this isn't necessarily directed at you, or anyone in particular. This is a response to a variety of posts I've seen and I haven't bothered to keep track of who said what.

Its not mysterious, I thought it was common knowledge. Proof of that would be if you think you don't know any Trump supporters. With nearly half the country voting for him, if you think your whole family and all your coworkers are with Hilary, then you're wrong. I read posts of people saying how happy they are that all of their coworkers and family are with them on Hilary, and what I really want to say is "no, you're just that obnoxious one that no one wants to talk about politics with." But I haven't.
    Not just with Trump, but with many issues across the board. People on the right don't like to talk politics or hot topics because the left can be ridiculous when discussing such topics.
    You don't agree with their immigration then you're racist. You don't agree on abortion then its because you're sexist. You don't agree on bathroom regulations then you must be homophobic. its even turned into if you support cops your racist, you're afraid of terrorism then you're religist (if that's a word) to the point where if they didn't vote for your candidate then you're all of the above.
    Discussing these topics bring out the same behavior on the left as when you try to take a toy away from a toddler. Resulting in zero logic and a bunch of name calling and stomping of feet without any real attempt to understand your view, and most of us just have better things to do with their time. Myself, I'm home wick a sick kid so I don't at the moment. Its not being a coward, its not wanting to waste your time with someone who refuses to even listen to your point of view and who thinks a slew of foul language directed at you is their best argument. Just really isn't worth it. The country is nearly divided in half on every major topic, so you've never wondered why in every social media forum and group social discussions or work parties it always seems to be one-sided, leaning toward the left on every topic? They'd rather spend their energy on something useful.
    Obviously that doesn't describe everyone on the left, but with any group it is usually the most obnoxious who are the loudest.
    Seen a hundred times on this forum. Any time someone mentions they voted trump it is followed by 10 posts of name calling with zero substance or reasoning to convince them they were wrong. There's even entire threads devoted to bashing those who voted Trump-or at least have turned into that.
    How about, I don't know, a real discussion with someone to find out why they believe what they believe and find out what issues would make them vote democratic in the next election? Or just stick to insults and pretend to be puzzled why half the country isn't siding with you.
    even though I think your post appears to me to be a very overgeneralized view, I know what you are saying. When friends of mine were in law school in the late 90's/early 00's, a few of them got OBNOXIOUSLY left, and I'm left on almost all social issues, and they would berate me for even asking a real, unchallenging, question. like an "I want to learn" question. I'd get attacked for being a fucking idiot right off the bat (most of them have since calmed down on this now).. It also happened on this forum when I first started coming to AMT. Asking a question, if they thought I was asking from the conservative point of view, which I wasn't (when really it was just objective/ignorant), I'd get attacked.

however, as you stated, i see it on the other side now. any time I am on social media, ever since Trump's win, I see nothing but vile hatred coming from his supporters. from the left I generally see just "I give up if you can't have an adult conversation". sure, there are some assholes, but most of the childishness seems to be coming from the right, at least right now.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    edited January 2017

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

You don't agree with their immigration then you're racist. You don't agree on abortion then its because you're sexist. You don't agree on bathroom regulations then you must be homophobic. its even turned into if you support cops your racist, you're afraid of terrorism then you're religist (if that's a word) to the point where if they didn't vote for your candidate then you're all of the above.
    even though I think your post appears to me to be a very overgeneralized view, I know what you are saying. When friends of mine were in law school in the late 90's/early 00's, a few of them got OBNOXIOUSLY left, and I'm left on almost all social issues, and they would berate me for even asking a real, unchallenging, question. like an "I want to learn" question. I'd get attacked for being a fucking idiot right off the bat (most of them have since calmed down on this now).. It also happened on this forum when I first started coming to AMT. Asking a question, if they thought I was asking from the conservative point of view, which I wasn't (when really it was just objective/ignorant), I'd get attacked.

however, as you stated, i see it on the other side now. any time I am on social media, ever since Trump's win, I see nothing but vile hatred coming from his supporters. from the left I generally see just "I give up if you can't have an adult conversation". sure, there are some assholes, but most of the childishness seems to be coming from the right, at least right now.
    I don't think its over exaggerated in sense that I said it is the most obnoxious who are the loudest. So it is the annoying 10% who stand out and unfortunately are the face of the cause-on both sides. Which is the hateful Trump supporter you see, and the obnoxious, unwilling to listen or compromise and lump you into 1 category if you don't agree I see from the left.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

You happen to have any charts on the number of manufacturing jobs and real wages?
    Presumably they declined. That's what happens when labor supply exceeds labor demand. I will refer you back to the first chart:
  • Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

if I need to do that then there is no point, blind allegiance to the Democratic party or any party for that matter is dangerous, I've voted for different parties throughout my life (voting for the best liar) I never restrict myself to parties.

• Options

if I need to do that then there is no point, blind allegiance to the Democratic party or any party for that matter is dangerous, I've voted for different parties throughout my life (voting for the best liar) I never restrict myself to parties.

I put this through the godfather translator and got this: there is no proof of my baseless claim.
This discussion has been closed.