Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Gag orders will keep on happening if you agree with this administration on this shit it's pulling I def don't agree at all !! This is dictator ship 101 fuck you Bafoon ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Who ever thought less government with this administration got duped ! This administration wants total control of everything !
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Free said:

So Trump is going to order a media blackout of the EPA yet blast the media because he hates them and wants to limit their power at the same time?

Meanwhile, it used to be up to the journalists to expose the scandals of government. that went away with the privatization of media, that power was taken away from them.

The 6 corps that own the media answers to the big boss, government. He can do that w/ the blackout, and the media has to bend over and take it. Thank god we have social media.

Social media is the worst. That is no place to get news.

Your buddy Pete is a shitty replacement for investigative journalism.
  • Options
    Free said:

So Trump is going to order a media blackout of the EPA yet blast the media because he hates them and wants to limit their power at the same time?

Meanwhile, it used to be up to the journalists to expose the scandals of government. that went away with the privatization of media, that power was taken away from them.

The 6 corps that own the media answers to the big boss, government. He can do that w/ the blackout, and the media has to bend over and take it. Thank god we have social media.

Not going to ! He did it's done they have been silenced !
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

When you google censorship of the media...

Censorship is the suppression of free speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.

C'mon Kat...you've censored far more people then Trump ever has. Sure this is a forum with rules to be enforced but federal agencies (which include national parks) also have rules with respect to communications and federal employees are expected to follow those rules. If employees of these agencies disagree with the politics of their leaders then they can resign. One has a right to free speech but they don't have the right to operate outside the rules of this forum or outside of the rules of their employer.
    So do you think what trump did is okay?
    Yes it is ok. He sets the agenda for federal agencies. These employees can get their own personal twitter accounts and say whatever they wish but they do not get to make posts of their choosing on an official federal agency channel. That is normal. Don't try to abnormalize the normal.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Censorship is the suppression of free speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.

C'mon Kat...you've censored far more people then Trump ever has. Sure this is a forum with rules to be enforced but federal agencies (which include national parks) also have rules with respect to communications and federal employees are expected to follow those rules. If employees of these agencies disagree with the politics of their leaders then they can resign. One has a right to free speech but they don't have the right to operate outside the rules of this forum or outside of the rules of their employer.
    Yes it is ok. He sets the agenda for federal agencies. These employees can get their own personal twitter accounts and say whatever they wish but they do not get to make posts of their choosing on an official federal agency channel. That is normal. Don't try to abnormalize the normal.
    Very true, now that I think about it. At my job, I would definitely have to at least go through PR to post something on an official twitter or Facebook account...regardless of the subject matter.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,559
    rgambs said:

rssesq said:

Oy vey

Sweet baby Jeebus, is everything about Jews to you?
    Got a timeout (temporary banning) last year.
    Guess that wasn't enough to curtail the anti-Semitic posts.
    Haters gonna hate
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

The Gold King Mine disaster was actually caused by Obama's EPA and they missed the boat in Flint. American Carnage.
    Wowee, we'd better get rid of the EPA!
    It's been decades since the Cuyahoga river has caught fire, maybe we can make that happen again by 2020!!

Seriously, you wacky anti-government folks hanging your hat on the Gold King Mine is just pathetic.
    Hanging my hat? That was an absolute disaster caused by the Obama EPA. People are in a panic over Trump trying to set this broken agency right without any acknowledgement of their reckless behaviour. Progressives don't get to act high and mighty on the environment after their poor performance over the last 8 years. When you are blinded by carbon you lose focus on the real environmental problems right in front of your face. That is what the EPA was actually put in place to deal with.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    As I understand it, the epa "blackout" is temporary, not permanent. Once Pruitt is confirmed the blackout will be lifted.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-epa-contract-freeze-media-blackout-20170124-story,amp.html
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

this
    Not this. It's BS trying to normalize trump's actions.
    sorry. i just found the first line funny
    It's not funny, it's moronic. Having this conversation is so asinine.
    Sorry but Vaggar is right on this. It is funny. Very funny. I wrote it so I know.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

A lot of effort to hide something that is widely accepted by the world shows how much they know it's true and counter productive to their regressive dirty energy plan.

I'd like to alter Tool's song, Message to Harry Manback, to Message to Donald Trump. Most applicable line, "Fuck you. Die. Bastard."

It is not about hiding anything but about setting the tone on who is in charge. A major part of fixing government and broken federal agencies is teaching employees to follow the rules. Trump intends to run this government like a business.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Who do you think sends tweets from the any of federal agencies? I'm guessing it's an employee within the agency and there's probably as small group of staff that decides what to tweet. Maybe you think there a centralized Department of the Twitter that dictates what tweets each agency can send out?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Who do you think sends tweets from the any of federal agencies? I'm guessing it's an employee within the agency and there's probably as small group of staff that decides what to tweet. Maybe you think there a centralized Department of the Twitter that dictates what tweets each agency can send out?
    Don't be thick in front of me Al.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

A lot of effort to hide something that is widely accepted by the world shows how much they know it's true and counter productive to their regressive dirty energy plan.

I'd like to alter Tool's song, Message to Harry Manback, to Message to Donald Trump. Most applicable line, "Fuck you. Die. Bastard."

It is not about hiding anything but about setting the tone on who is in charge. A major part of fixing government and broken federal agencies is teaching employees to follow the rules. Trump intends to run this government like a business.
    It's pretty easy to see why he's filed bankruptcy so many times then. When you try to rationalize his authoritarian behavior without recognizing the hypocrisy you just sound ridiculous.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Latest tweet folks
    Congratulations to @FoxNews for being number one in inauguration ratings. They were many times higher than FAKE NEWS @CNN - public is smart! If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds! Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
  • Options
    How long before martial law in Chicago?
  • Options
    tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

It's pretty easy to see why he's filed bankruptcy so many times then. When you try to rationalize his authoritarian behavior without recognizing the hypocrisy you just sound ridiculous.
    1) Your country is on the road to bankruptcy. Having someone who has been through it is a feature not a bug.

2) Instructing employees to follow orders is not authoritarian. It's called being a boss.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

Latest tweet folks
    Congratulations to @FoxNews for being number one in inauguration ratings. They were many times higher than FAKE NEWS @CNN - public is smart! If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds! Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!

It's nice that you quoted the tweet from him that didn't spell "among" as "amoung"

He's like, really smart.
  • Options
    Jesus H, he just threatened to bring "the feds"?!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

No shit. I wonder what the chain of command is for something like that. Would Rahm or our piece of shit Governor Rauner have to make a request for the feds to step in?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

1) Your country is on the road to bankruptcy. Having someone who has been through it is a feature not a bug.

2) Instructing employees to follow orders is not authoritarian. It's called being a boss.
    Oh we'll definitely be bankrupt. I'm not arguing that, but he's going to ensure that and then be out of office. This isn't a personal debt, you don't get to just start over. He has no experience in national debt that won't have little loopholes to wiggle around like he's done for years.

He's not just instructing employees to follow orders. He's telling them exactly what they can say whether it's a lie or not, so individuals are acting out because an entire government entity that is committed to environmental protection has been cut off until their new boss steps in. If everyone followed the bosses orders we would have never exposed scandals and corruption in government and big business. I'm more concerned about those willing to just follow suit like Sean Spicer And Conway keep doing. That's despicable.
  • Options

No shit. I wonder what the chain of command is for something like that. Would Rahm or our piece of shit Governor Rauner have to make a request for the feds to step in?
    Yes. The governor has to make the request. Think back to Katrina. Bush couldn't send troops until Governor Blanco made the official request.
  • Options

Latest tweet folks

I see it now the wall will be paid with $$$$$$$ from the oil he will steal!!!!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Yes. The governor has to make the request. Think back to Katrina. Bush couldn't send troops until Governor Blanco made the official request.
    Which bring us to multiple scenarios of agencies and government employees not following our new dictators orders. What follows that, and what are the implications? The system runs on a certain level of faith and trust. Trump is effing with that and he has no clue whatsoever.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

this
    Not this. It's BS trying to normalize trump's actions.
    Which translates to excusing him because he's white and republican.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    tbergs said:

He's a hooker with a penis.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,559
  • Options
    - Openly lies and the media can't destroy him on it.

- EPA is not allowed to talk about climate change

Americans;

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    That was really good.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Which bring us to multiple scenarios of agencies and government employees not following our new dictators orders. What follows that, and what are the implications? The system runs on a certain level of faith and trust. Trump is effing with that and he has no clue whatsoever.
    No. It doesn't lead to multiple scenerios. The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act detail requirements and limitations for a federal government to intervene.
This discussion has been closed.