Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601

tbergs said:

How does one complain/speak out against shit like this?

Call and email your representatives in DC
    Also join every march/protest you can. Protest does actually still work sometimes. The bigger the better.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The Gold King Mine disaster was actually caused by Obama's EPA and they missed the boat in Flint. American Carnage.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJ_Soul said:

tbergs said:

How does one complain/speak out against shit like this?

Call and email your representatives in DC
    Also join every march/protest you can. Protest does actually still work sometimes. The bigger the better.
    agreed. it is working. President* is sad.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited January 2017
    Kat said:

When you google censorship of the media...

Censorship is the suppression of free speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.

C'mon Kat...you've censored far more people then Trump ever has. Sure this is a forum with rules to be enforced but federal agencies (which include national parks) also have rules with respect to communications and federal employees are expected to follow those rules. If employees of these agencies disagree with the politics of their leaders then they can resign. One has a right to free speech but they don't have the right to operate outside the rules of this forum or outside of the rules of their employer.
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Censorship is the suppression of free speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.

C'mon Kat...you've censored far more people then Trump ever has. Sure this is a forum with rules to be enforced but federal agencies (which include national parks) also have rules with respect to communications and federal employees are expected to follow those rules. If employees of these agencies disagree with the politics of their leaders then they can resign. One has a right to free speech but they don't have the right to operate outside the rules of this forum or outside of the rules of their employer.
    So do you think what trump did is okay?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

this
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    And you have the right to leave this board if you don't agree with how the band has been asked it to be run.

Also, to the federal employees who did those tweets- if you get fired or reassigned, it's your own fault. I don't like Trump or what he did today, but he's your boss.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

this
    Not this. It's BS trying to normalize trump's actions.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

this
    sorry. i just found the first line funny
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

The Gold King Mine disaster was actually caused by Obama's EPA and they missed the boat in Flint. American Carnage.
    Wowee, we'd better get rid of the EPA!
    It's been decades since the Cuyahoga river has caught fire, maybe we can make that happen again by 2020!!

Seriously, you wacky anti-government folks hanging your hat on the Gold King Mine is just pathetic.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

this
    It's not funny, it's moronic. Having this conversation is so asinine.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

this
    It's not funny, it's moronic. Having this conversation is so asinine.
    which part? the part about censorship or about dismantling the EPA?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248

And you have the right to leave this board if you don't agree with how the band has been asked it to be run.

Also, to the federal employees who did those tweets- if you get fired or reassigned, it's your own fault. I don't like Trump or what he did today, but he's your boss.

Sometimes it's well worth it to defy your boss. Thank you to the employees who made a choice to use their voice today. I'm sure they understood the ramifications for their actions.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Sometimes it's well worth it to defy your boss. Thank you to the employees who made a choice to use their voice today. I'm sure they understood the ramifications for their actions.
    Exactly. I wish I had their stones to do what they did knowing they'd lose their job.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rssesq said:

Oy vey

Sweet baby Jeebus, is everything about Jews to you?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rssesq said:

Oy vey

No one has more respect for Jews. Tremendous appreciation!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rssesq said:

Oy vey

Yup. He can't help himself and still complains about freedom of speech on here. I'm amazed he's still around.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    We obliterate country after country in the name of democracy, then tell those fleeing you're not welcome here! USA! USA! USA!

U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign several executive orders on Wednesday restricting immigration from Syria and six other Middle Eastern or African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

In addition to Syria, Trump's orders are expected to temporarily restrict access to the United States for most refugees. Another order will block visas from being issued to those from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, said the aides and experts, who asked not to be identified.
  • Options
    Christ. What a total prick.
  • Options

tbergs said:

Exactly. I wish I had their stones to do what they did knowing they'd lose their job.
    And also a few weeks back trump wanted the names of everyone in the epa who went to an annual climate change conference and they told trump to stuff it in a sack.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    put your seatbelts on folks
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    edited January 2017
    As much as I don't want to perceived as a wingnut, and know we are less than a week into this administration, I somehow can't shake the feeling that this start of an Orwellian prophecy.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

put your seatbelts on folks

i always loved rollercoasters as a kid. i think this will be the one that kills me
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:

Haha "They Live"!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Jason P said:

dignin said:

mickeyrat said:

epa ordered into total media blackout.

This is phenomenal

https://twitter.com/BadlandsNPS

What am I supposed to see? Do I need to be signed up to twitter?
    Should be able to see it without. The day Trump shuts down the EPA from saying anything publicly, Badlands National Park starts tweeting about climate change. Coincidence?
    I don't see anything about climate change posted anywhere
    Looks like they were all deleted. They have been screen grabbed as someone else posted. What a fucking bitch, worrying about what a national park is tweeting. Is this real life?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    A lot of effort to hide something that is widely accepted by the world shows how much they know it's true and counter productive to their regressive dirty energy plan.

I'd like to alter Tool's song, Message to Harry Manback, to Message to Donald Trump. Most applicable line, "Fuck you. Die. Bastard."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    So Trump is going to order a media blackout of the EPA yet blast the media because he hates them and wants to limit their power at the same time?

Meanwhile, it used to be up to the journalists to expose the scandals of government. that went away with the privatization of media, that power was taken away from them.

The 6 corps that own the media answers to the big boss, government. He can do that w/ the blackout, and the media has to bend over and take it. Thank god we have social media.
This discussion has been closed.