Should Betsy DeVos be confirmed as Secretary of Education?

Comments

• No
    EM194007 said:

Free said:

The vote will be at 6:30 in the morning. If you want to pull a fast one over on people, do it when 3/4 of the country is asleep. Never trust a late night or early morning vote. Never.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/senate/317675-senate-schedules-630-am-vote-on-devos?amp?client=safari

Motherfuckers.
    Time doesn't matter when serving the people.
    It matters when you're trying to pull a fast one. I wonder if Pence will be on hand to break a tie if needed?
    Did you feel the same way when Obamacare was passed at at 7 am on Christmas Eve? When most people are not paying attention to these matters, the Senate passed the healthcare bill. This is truly passage of legislation by stealth, trying to do it in the early morning hours of Christmas Eve so that there would be the least coverage of their vote.
    Of course. How the White House and Congress rushed Obamacare was a disaster. Time was ticking for them so I understand why they did it, but I don't like it.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Yes
    EM194007 said:

Free said:

The vote will be at 6:30 in the morning. If you want to pull a fast one over on people, do it when 3/4 of the country is asleep. Never trust a late night or early morning vote. Never.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/senate/317675-senate-schedules-630-am-vote-on-devos?amp?client=safari

Motherfuckers.
    It matters when you're trying to pull a fast one. I wonder if Pence will be on hand to break a tie if needed?
    Did you feel the same way when Obamacare was passed at at 7 am on Christmas Eve? When most people are not paying attention to these matters, the Senate passed the healthcare bill. This is truly passage of legislation by stealth, trying to do it in the early morning hours of Christmas Eve so that there would be the least coverage of their vote.
    Snap
  • No

EM194007 said:

Free said:

Motherfuckers.
    Snap
    Snap? Dude I agreed with him. Is it "snap" that I disagreed with Obama? Guess what? That's how politics is. I think you have a narrow-minded, simplistic "us" versus "them" or "good" versus "bad" understanding of politics and that's just not how it works.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    No
    mfc2006 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Free said:
    we just need one damn republican to come to their senses.
    I know it. Can't believe that she's this close to being confirmed.
    When DeVos is literally buying every republican's vote, money is more important than children.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    No
    Free said:

mfc2006 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Free said:
    When DeVos is literally buying every republican's vote, money is more important than children.
    It's sickening.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Not a perfect candidate but it is looking like she wants to push to reduce the federal role in education. Get rid of common core.
    No
    unsung said:

Not a perfect candidate but it is looking like she wants to push to reduce the federal role in education. Get rid of common core.

So you think buying cabinet positions while having no experience with public education, the very basis of the job in question is OK. I bet you have no children in public schools neither. Wonderful. :weary:
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Free said:

mfc2006 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Free said:
    George Soros approves of this message.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited February 2017
    Free said:

unsung said:

So you think buying cabinet positions while having no experience with public education, the very basis of the job in question is OK. I bet you have no children in public schools neither. Wonderful. :weary:
    "Experience" has got us into this mess. I fully embrace someone that has new ideas for reducing the federal government.

Your last President didn't have "experience", it didn't seem to bother you much.

How do you think Ambassadors are chosen? They buy in, that's why they were told to come home.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

Free said:
    Good luck with that
    I know there are some people in here that work in the education field, I know at least 1 is a teacher. First I would like to thank you, you are appreciated.

What ate your thoughts on Devos?
    Teachers hate her as she wants to break up the union.
    unsung said:

Teachers hate her as she wants to break up the union.

I didn't ask you. I'm asking people that actually work in the field. I'm sure they appreciate you painting them with such a broad brush, assuming they are all the same and you know what they think.
    Then ignore it and don't whine.
    No
    unsung said:

Free said:

unsung said:

"Experience" has got us into this mess. I fully embrace someone that has new ideas for reducing the federal government.

Your last President didn't have "experience", it didn't seem to bother you much.

How do you think Ambassadors are chosen? They buy in, that's why they were told to come home.
    :weary:

Good God, man. You're ridiculous.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    unsung said:

Free said:

unsung said:

Most people, when they are first elected president, don't have "experience" being president. They are generally assessed on other relevant experience. Of which DeVos has none.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    unsung said:

Who's whining? Is that the new right wing word of the week? Lol

I think educators are working class heroes that should be applauded, and I just happen to value their opinion on this. That is why I asked specifically for their feedback.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    No
    unsung said:

Do you wake up with headaches every morning from being so round-the-clock miserable?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    edited February 2017
    No
    my2hands said:

unsung said:

Who's whining? Is that the new right wing word of the week? Lol

I think educators are working class heroes that should be applauded, and I just happen to value their opinion on this. That is why I asked specifically for their feedback.
    My wife and I are educators and absolutely hate this pick. She has zero experience in public school; a lot of people are really afraid of what she is going to do.
    this is why we do not like her as a candidate:
    "A Michigan billionaire and major Republican donor, she has spent three decades using her wealth and political clout to advocate for alternatives to public schools, particularly taxpayer-funded vouchers to help parents pay tuition for private and religious schools. She also has advocated for a loosely regulated variety of charter schools."
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • No
    As an educator, I am open minded to alternate schooling, if families have a different public option besides public school that is fine with me. However, I am deeply concerned with her knowledge base and experience. There are most likely other conservative educator's who are better for the position.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    No
    dammit. pence breaks the tie. she's in. :angry:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:

Do you wake up with headaches every morning from being so round-the-clock miserable?

I wake up everyday with the mission to improve my life, it is working well. I smile a lot, so should you.

I will continue to come here trying to show all of you that less is more.

It is tough, but we will get there.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    No
    unsung said:

unsung said:

I wake up everyday with the mission to improve my life, it is working well. I smile a lot, so should you.

Such a martyr...god bless you.
    No
    unsung said:

unsung said:

But clearly... you could care less about kids in public schools.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Except for less white people. That one you don't want to see happen.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    No
    Free said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

But clearly... you could care less about kids in public schools.
    well kids should be home schooled in their bunkers, don'tchaknow.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    No
    FUCK.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    No

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Yes
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    edited February 2017
    This witch is now in charge of our school systems in our country I feel bad for people with young kids , what can you expect we have a Bafoon for president !!
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....