Eddie Vedder w/ Voice Of Chicago will perform at POTUS's Farewell Address

Comments

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    demetrios said:
    I'm not really feeling this version..still cool though
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • JedJed Posts: 1,176
    Where did that Rockin in the Free world come from? It was amazing!
  • RYMERYME Posts: 1,904
    Say it with me
    Worst president ever!
    Just making friends and influencing people!
  • it just boggles my mind how any intelligent human being can state 'worst president ever' about him.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ Posts: 829
    edited January 2017
    RYME said:

Say it with me
    Worst president ever!

"Worst president ever!"
    Entering the White House on Jan 20, 2017
  • Thanks for posting this.
    Great performance and great advice in these bullshit troubled times.
  • demetrios said:
    That was very special!! I've never heard the slow version, it might be a first.
    The kids were having a great time singing RITFW with Ed.
    I especially enjoyed the camera viewpoint focused on Ed's ass. ;-) (had to say it!)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    RYME said:

Say it with me
    Worst president ever!

oh come on, hoover and buchanan take the cake.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709

RYME said:

Say it with me
    Worst president ever!

"Worst president ever!"
    Entering the White House on Jan 20, 2017
    Exactly
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• DM282158DM282158 Posts: 544
    mcgruff10 said:

RYME said:

Say it with me
    Worst president ever!

oh come on, hoover and buchanan take the cake.
    Mhm.

Hoover, Buchanan, Jackson

I think I read something once that Hoover hid underneath his desk when a bunch of folks marched on Pennsylvania Ave.

In the era of "fake news", dont crucify me just in case I'm wrong. :)
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • just like the chris martin and ed's version of nothinman...i LOVE this version of RITFW. awesome piano and back up singing ++
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,253
    RYME said:

Say it with me
    Worst president ever!

Gimmie a fucking break. Such a stupid statement.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,622
    RYME said:

Say it with me
    Worst president ever!

Hmm, so now making friends and influencing them to be decent human beings is a bad thing? It's better than being the President of Tweeting Useless Shit.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Fantastic! Thanks, Demetrios. Nice, slower version of the song, and sounded great with the choir! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    edited January 2017
    RYME said:

Say it with me
    Worst president ever!

Really? From my outside perspective it feels like he left the country in better shape than he inherited in. He took over during the worst economic crisis since the 1930's. Obviously it's not hard to improve from being at the bottom, but still he wasn't the guy that put it there.

Honestly if Trump ends up being good or bad.. I doubt he makes much of a difference either. Given the division of power in the US political system (which was intentional by the drafters of the constitution who were very anti-monarchy) it's pretty difficult for a President to press any kind of an agenda. Congress pulls most of the strings when it comes to introducing bills and approving spending. Both Obama and Trump both got elected on campaigns of change, and the American public kind of falls for it every time. Not really understanding how their own political system actual works.

Prime Ministers in British Style Parliamentary systems have cart blanche power, US presidents do not.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    edited January 2017
    Obama's foreign policy was a disaster. Obama basically continued the same bailouts Bush would have done. Obamacare is hanging on by a thread. He maintained the domestic side but foreign policy was shit and the world is less stable and safe because of it.

Not the worst president (and not saying a bad one), but just because he didn't start the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't mean he can't fail when the Middle East is worse than he found it. Just like a company that is struggling and hires a new CEO. The CEO is hired to fix things and make them better. If the company gets worse than he failed at his job that he was hired to do.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Obama's foreign policy was a disaster. Obama basically continued the same bailouts Bush would have done. Obamacare is hanging on by a thread. He maintained the domestic side but foreign policy was shit and the world is less stable and safe because of it.

Not the worst president (and not saying a bad one), but just because he didn't start the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't mean he can't fail when the Middle East is worse than he found it. Just like a company that is struggling and hires a new CEO. The CEO is hired to fix things and make them better. If the company gets worse than he failed at his job that he was hired to do.

What would you have done from your armchair?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Wma31394 said:

demetrios said:
    I'm not really feeling this version..still cool though

Every song isn't made to be played slow...

Nice effort. But not really feeling it either.

Sounds a bit "forced" like Slow Lukin.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

Obama's foreign policy was a disaster. Obama basically continued the same bailouts Bush would have done. Obamacare is hanging on by a thread. He maintained the domestic side but foreign policy was shit and the world is less stable and safe because of it.

Set up safe zones in Syria a long, long time ago. I am not qualified to be President but I can see the state of the world now and it is not good. PJ scrapped a tour in Europe because it wasn't stable enough.
  • HollandHolland Posts: 73

Set up safe zones in Syria a long, long time ago. I am not qualified to be President but I can see the state of the world now and it is not good. PJ scrapped a tour in Europe because it wasn't stable enough.
    Link to this? I find this very hard to believe.

• Joe118Joe118 Posts: 67
    Love Ed but I have avoided watching any of this stuff. Obama is the second worst president of my lifetime (Carter) and it's just brutally awkward to watch any of the "celebration" of his candidacy.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    Joe118 said:

Love Ed but I have avoided watching any of this stuff. Obama is the second worst president of my lifetime (Carter) and it's just brutally awkward to watch any of the "celebration" of his candidacy.

Yeah, I agree. What was it only 70 plus months of positive job growth? US Auto industry saved and doing much better than before. Gas prices down, stock market steadily up for 8 years.
    Oh yeah and he ended the Iraq war and brought thousands of troops home with all bodily features in tact. (Sarcasm)
    What, did you like when the US invaded Iraq over lies for oil and resulted in thousands of US soldiers dying and coming back missing limbs? You must have loved how the republican led congress then cut veterans benefits. (They take care of our veterans,right? While trump kept saying we don't take care of the veterans, did anyone ask whether the republican led house or senate had offered any legislation the past 6 years to help them? Oh yeah, they didn't.).
    Well at least the rich will get more tax cuts again. That should help the deficit (which got smaller each of the past 8 years) and the debt which has exploded. Those fiscal conservatives will surely fix that via exploding deficits.
    Give me a break.
    President Obama is someone our country can be proud of.
    Bush 43... There's a reason he and Cheney haven't left the US in 8 years. They can't. It's called war crimes they have been found guilty of. Fact
  • maverick said:

Joe118 said:

Yeah, I agree. What was it only 70 plus months of positive job growth? US Auto industry saved and doing much better than before. Gas prices down, stock market steadily up for 8 years.
    Oh yeah and he ended the Iraq war and brought thousands of troops home with all bodily features in tact. (Sarcasm)
    What, did you like when the US invaded Iraq over lies for oil and resulted in thousands of US soldiers dying and coming back missing limbs? You must have loved how the republican led congress then cut veterans benefits. (They take care of our veterans,right? While trump kept saying we don't take care of the veterans, did anyone ask whether the republican led house or senate had offered any legislation the past 6 years to help them? Oh yeah, they didn't.).
    Well at least the rich will get more tax cuts again. That should help the deficit (which got smaller each of the past 8 years) and the debt which has exploded. Those fiscal conservatives will surely fix that via exploding deficits.
    Give me a break.
    Bush 43... There's a reason he and Cheney haven't left the US in 8 years. They can't. It's called war crimes they have been found guilty of. Fact
    there simply is no reasonable argument for obama being a bad president. I keep seeing one or two talking points and that's it. the list of his accomplishments is far longer than his failures. and his failures were at least ATTEMPTS at making life better for the americans.

www.headstonesband.com

maverick said:

Joe118 said:

Give me a break.
    there simply is no reasonable argument for obama being a bad president. I keep seeing one or two talking points and that's it. the list of his accomplishments is far longer than his failures. and his failures were at least ATTEMPTS at making life better for the americans.
    Yea I agree..no way he's a bad President. It's so funny all the hard core republicans I know always say.."Barry is a terrible President..BUT my 401k and other investments tripled under his presidency." The rich got richer and for that reason people will look back and say he was a good President..not me I already think he did about the best job he could.
    Back on topic, I really dislike this version of rocking. Waaaaaay too slow for me (and I like slow pj songs).
  • mcgruff10 said:

Back on topic, I really dislike this version of rocking. Waaaaaay too slow for me (and I like slow pj songs).

I dig it, but would dig it more without the choir.

www.headstonesband.com

mcgruff10 said:

I dig it, but would dig it more without the choir.
    Yeah I definitely don't like the choir.
    mcgruff10 said:

Yea the intro was soooo slooooow..brutal. once it picked up it was decent but would rather not hear that rendition again..
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    Wma31394 said:

maverick said:

Joe118 said:

Give me a break.
    Yea I agree..no way he's a bad President. It's so funny all the hard core republicans I know always say.."Barry is a terrible President..BUT my 401k and other investments tripled under his presidency." The rich got richer and for that reason people will look back and say he was a good President..not me I already think he did about the best job he could.
    Please ask your friends which mutual funds their 401ks are in, and post later. Tripled in 8 years?? Damn...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville