Options

Eddie Vedder w/ Voice Of Chicago will perform at POTUS's Farewell Address

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,095
edited January 2017 in The Porch
Eddie Vedder, joined by members of the @VoiceOfChicago, will perform at @POTUS's Farewell Address tonight: http://WhiteHouse.gov/Farewell

https://www.whitehouse.gov/farewell/info

The President will deliver remarks on the evening of Tuesday, January 10. You can get a sense of what he’s planning to share here. Eddie Vedder, accompanied by members of Chicago Children's Choir, will perform. The speech will be livestreamed and available to view online and on White House social media channels. We encourage you to share your own experience using the hashtag. You can also share with us your own reflections on the last eight years and what you hope to see in the future by using the hashtag #YesWeCan. Learn more about that here. https://www.whitehouse.gov/farewell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUTPJkG23U

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/01/hipster-obama-is-throwing-one-last-white-house-party-and-trolling-trump-in-the-process/

by Alex Young

For his final act as hipster president, Barack Obama is hosting an all-star party at the White House, and trolling Donald Trump in the process. As the president-elect struggles to find literally anyone willing to appear at his inauguration, a whole bunch of A-listers will gather at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on Friday night to celebrate the end of the current president’s term — and possibly the final days of Earth’s existence.

According to The Washington Post, Barack and Michelle are throwing a “grown up party” for some of their closet and coolest friends, including Beyoncé, Jay Z, Stevie Wonder, Bradley Cooper, and JJ Abrams. Chance the Rapper confirmed his attendance on Twitter, and Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Eddie Vedder, and David Letterman are also rumored to be guests.

It’s unclear what exactly Barack and Michelle mean by a “grown up party,” though hopefully it involves Biden doing keg stands and Beyoncé letting loose an army of stink bugs in the residence.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Grown Up Party... I love it lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,959
    I m gonna miss Obama.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya.....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I m gonna miss Obama.

Yep, and Michelle. Can't imagine what the next four years are going to be like.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,651
    edited January 2017
    I dont care if its Obama, Trump, or Harry Truman in Bill & Teds phonebooth. Not a fan of rockstars mixing with presidents.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572

mcgruff10 said:

I m gonna miss Obama.

Yeah, hopefully not all the genocide Obama looked the other way on.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,199
    edited January 2017

mcgruff10 said:

I m gonna miss Obama.

Yeah, hopefully not all the genocide Obama looked the other way on.
    Haha. The Fox-Newsian way of trying to find something to paint Obama in a bad light.

But all these good and progressive things Obama tried to accompl..... BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DROOOOOONES (...and his black!)!

But have fun with Trump who will set the the US and the fight of climate change back X years. I bet he has cooler parties too?

Do they usually show some of the performances from these parties? If Eddie performs?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    will 10club be offering a limited amount of tickets?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    lol, the last hoorah for "hope and change"
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,182

will 10club be offering a limited amount of tickets?

And who will be the poster artist? Emek?
    Maybe stickers too?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,284
    Oh good, a thread that can bring the Porch and AMT together in one place. How long before this gets closed?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    slice it what ever way you want but I GIGGLE at the fact that trump can't get anyone to play for his big party !!.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

slice it what ever way you want but I GIGGLE at the fact that trump can't get anyone to play for his big party !!.

I don't think his supporters are too worried about a D.C. party. More concerned about jobs, terrorism, healthcare, immigration....
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607

I dont care if its Obama, Trump, or Harry Truman in Bill & Teds phonebooth. Not a fan of rockstars mixing with presidents.

Yes, musicians can't have political opinions.
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 308
    hsohi said:

I don't think his supporters are too worried about a D.C. party. More concerned about jobs, terrorism, healthcare, immigration....
    All they are concerned with is $$ and a white only populist movement. Just look at his cabinet selections - scary shit
    PA
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    hsohi said:

They should be worried about that. They don't have a plan for any of those issues mentioned.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,095
    Ed was there last night @ the White House ..

• Options
    They know how to rub elbows for sure.
  • Options
    Dude is stalking EV at the white house with a tambo @ 430am? That's ridiculous
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Yeah that crossed my mind too when I saw it. Some crazy fans out there.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Wow, I did not notice it was a tambourine. Pathetic.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    my2hands said:

This. My first thought was I can't believe Ed signed it.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488
    Dude is clearly reselling it. Big incentive to be out that late when you can put it on eBay for a grand.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    hsohi said:

either that or he has no "good" friends...even ted nugent hasn't offered to sing....
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488
    edited January 2017

hsohi said:

either that or he has no "good" friends...even ted nugent hasn't offered to sing....
    Rumored to be performing....
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,284
    on2legs said:

hsohi said:

Rumored to be performing....
    Haha! Joanie loves Chachi.

PJ could always offer to perform WMA or 1/2 Full...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    Waiting outside the White House at 430 with a tambourine

The fine line between dedicated and obsessed.....
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    How does someone even know eddie is in Washington DC at the white house on a random saturday night? And then is able to produce a tambo?

I don't think I would like being famous... just give me the cash lol
  • Options
    It'd be hard not to gain a bleak perspective on humanity signing that tambourine: "Really? You're really here at 430am in the hopes I'd scribble my name on this tambourine you used your child to get for you?"
    "My brain's a good brain!"