Options

Eddie Vedder w/ Voice Of Chicago will perform at POTUS's Farewell Address

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    Rise
  • Options

full disclosure: when PJ came to Winnipeg in 2011, a buddy of mine works at the airport in the private plane area. he knew exactly when PJ was arriving from Ontario (his wife and daughter once got to meet Bieber, so I knew it was legit). Friday morning at 1:30am. I had to work at 8, but what the fuck? I'm usually not a "meet famous people" type of person. But when the opportunity arose that I could say hi to the guys in my favourite band of all time and get them to sign my 2005 poster on the tarmac when they touched down, I couldn't say no.

The douche bodyguard who was first off the plane told my buddy to get me the fuck off the tarmac. the guys weren't seeing anyone. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. But hey, I get it. They were probably sleeping on the plane and just wanted to get to their hotel to get some sleep. that was the closest I will probably ever get to saying hi to them. And then to find out the day after the show, that the day of the show Jeff was at a skate park 5 minutes from my house was the icing.

So yeah, if this guy is a flipper, whatever. But if he's not, I get it.

I just happend to run into Jeff and his girlfriend in Milan in 2006 the day after the show. Was on my way to the airport so had my poster with me and luckely a pen. To surprised and nervous to remember to take a picture though. :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I bet he's doing IMAGINE or Dont dream its not over.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Souncheck video was rise on uke
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Thought about getting a ticket. They were free. Now selling for a shit ton of money on CL. Un f'in real. If anyone has an extra tonight let me know
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Imagine would be great.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    wonder if President Tweet will open his mouth about Ed. Fox news just made fun of him a few days ago.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 250
    I'm going to guess Betterman and LBC in addition to Rise.
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options

Thought about getting a ticket. They were free. Now selling for a shit ton of money on CL. Un f'in real. If anyone has an extra tonight let me know

It was cold as-all-get-out on Saturday when they were giving them away at McCormick Place. Line was hours and hours long, traffic sucked, and people still walked away with out tickets.

Watch from the comfort of your own home...I understand the possible chance of a historic never forget moment, but it could be lame too. If going for Obama and history, cool. For EV to play one, possibly two songs; not worth it IMO.

Just trying to cheer you up, BTW.

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,784
    Seeing my ticket has the number 13,xxx on it, I'm sure you'll be closer to the action from the comfort of a computer/TV.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    kramer73 said:

DM282158 said:

Waiting outside the White House at 430 with a tambourine

The fine line between dedicated and obsessed.....

How long have you been on this message board?
    Been a 10C member for about 5 years. This is my 115 post.

Your point?
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439

It was cold as-all-get-out on Saturday when they were giving them away at McCormick Place. Line was hours and hours long, traffic sucked, and people still walked away with out tickets.

Watch from the comfort of your own home...I understand the possible chance of a historic never forget moment, but it could be lame too. If going for Obama and history, cool. For EV to play one, possibly two songs; not worth it IMO.

Just trying to cheer you up, BTW.

You bet. Ill watch from the couch with some cold ones!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options

wonder if President Tweet will open his mouth about Ed. Fox news just made fun of him a few days ago.

Would be a cool membership t-shirt next year.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604

I have to admit . . . When I heard about this party on the local news, I wondered if Eddie would be there and thought about heading out to star gaze. But it was cold as shit on Friday night and gonna start snowing eventually, so . . . No.

4:30 in the morning. . . Hell no.

Kudos to Ed signing at that hour for those who waited. If he didn't want to sign he would have simply walked right past them. He probably took pity on them given the hour and how long they must have waited.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    DM282158 said:

kramer73 said:

DM282158 said:

Your point?
    I'm guessing his point is - don't underestimate the amount of crazy in PJ's fanbase. Some might say dedicated. Some might say obsessed. Some might say crazy stalker.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    edited January 2017
    jeffbr said:

DM282158 said:

kramer73 said:

DM282158 said:

Your point?
    I'm guessing his point is - don't underestimate the amount of crazy in PJ's fanbase. Some might say dedicated. Some might say obsessed. Some might say crazy stalker.
    Valid point.
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Eddie certainly seems to be in the sweet spot of his life right now. So many huge wonderful things happening in his life lately. Good for him!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

https://youtu.be/uy3q0uPCYoc
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    Expecting Rise, Man of the Hour, and maybe even Long Road to be played.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604
    Rise, I Won't Back Down, All The Way
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,284
    I could see one of the songs from tonight being a part of the next fan club single.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I feel like usually during these things artists get like one televised song, especially if he's performing with a children's choir...
  • Options
    if he's playing with a choir, I think the obvious choice is Betterman.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,198
    edited January 2017
    Betterman could be cool... but he played that for Letterman...

He should do Hero from the Spider-Man soundtrack. Matt can play drums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzn4a5qHT4
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    So I have some questions:

1) When does he play? Is it before or after the speech?
    2) Is it going to be on the major TV Networks in addition to the WH.gov site?
    3) Are there other musical guests playing?
  • Options
    I hope he sings "The Times They are a Changing"...........finally after 8 long years.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    It's not going to happen, but I think the chorus of Smile would be as appropriate as it could get.
  • Options
    maybe he'll sing "send in the clowns", or a new track he just wrote "orange is the new black".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tschav said:

Seeing my ticket has the number 13,xxx on it, I'm sure you'll be closer to the action from the comfort of a computer/TV.

Your ticket may not get you in. They are closing the doors if capacity appears too much, even if ticket holders are still outside.