Eddie Vedder w/ Voice Of Chicago will perform at POTUS's Farewell Address

Comments

• SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,014
    That guy is from an Autograph resale ebay account... just look at his twitter handle. That Tamborine is probably on ebay right now with that same picture going for $500.

You don't understand the hate i have for people like that. That man is in no way obsessed with Pearl Jam and probably couldn't recognize a PJ song if you played it for him on the way home. He probably knows a bunch of D-list "Whos whos" in the D.C. area and got a tip there would be someone at the White House, and it could possibly be EV. You wonder why Celebs hate signing shit!
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 544

That guy is from an Autograph resale ebay account... just look at his twitter handle. That Tamborine is probably on ebay right now with that same picture going for $500.

You don't understand the hate i have for people like that. That man is in no way obsessed with Pearl Jam and probably couldn't recognize a PJ song if you played it for him on the way home. He probably knows a bunch of D-list "Whos whos" in the D.C. area and got a tip there would be someone at the White House, and it could possibly be EV. You wonder why Celebs hate signing shit!

+1
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I have to admit . . . When I heard about this party on the local news, I wondered if Eddie would be there and thought about heading out to star gaze. But it was cold as shit on Friday night and gonna start snowing eventually, so . . . No.

4:30 in the morning. . . Hell no.
  • demetrios said:

Ed was there last night @ the White House ..

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited January 2017
    kramer73 said:

I dont care if its Obama, Trump, or Harry Truman in Bill & Teds phonebooth. Not a fan of rockstars mixing with presidents.

Yes, musicians can't have political opinions.
    They can but its lame as hell when they hang out with politicians. I dont care if i agree with the views or not. i sure don't want to see Zack Morris and AC Slater hanging out with Mr Belding at the Max every night. No sir. Rock should be about being cool first. Music second. Politicians last. :sunglasses:
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,011
    There are probably more tambourines signed by Eddie in the world than unsigned ones.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • I love how this thread went from dividing fans over politics to having everyone unite in their disdain of the Tambourine Man. It's good to find things we can agree on.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882

I love how this thread went from dividing fans over politics to having everyone unite in their disdain of the Tambourine Man. It's good to find things we can agree on.

I support tambourine man's right to stand out in the cold until 4:30am to get on autograph on a pearl jam iconic piece of merch without persecution!!! He has done nothing wrong other than being a fan of the best band out there!!! (Unless he is flipping it, then f him lol)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    a5pj said:

I love how this thread went from dividing fans over politics to having everyone unite in their disdain of the Tambourine Man. It's good to find things we can agree on.

I support tambourine man's right to stand out in the cold until 4:30am to get on autograph on a pearl jam iconic piece of merch without persecution!!! He has done nothing wrong other than being a fan of the best band out there!!! (Unless he is flipping it, then f him lol)
    Per a couple of posts here, he's a big time flipper on eBay.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,138
    my2hands said:

How does someone even know eddie is in Washington DC at the white house on a random saturday night? And then is able to produce a tambo?

I don't think I would like being famous... just give me the cash lol

+1
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,840
    Eddie must've high-tailed it to Chicago after the White House, a friend told me he was hanging with Bill Murray and the Cubs again Saturday at Green Street. Dude's been busy.
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/billy-murray-celebrates-cubs-blackhawks-410120435.html
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I dont like trump
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Vedder opening for Obama tonight? Interesting
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    tschav said:

Eddie must've high-tailed it to Chicago after the White House, a friend told me he was hanging with Bill Murray and the Cubs again Saturday at Green Street. Dude's been busy.
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/billy-murray-celebrates-cubs-blackhawks-410120435.html

He loves him some celebrities. Good for him!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Noload said:

tschav said:

He loves him some celebrities. Good for him!
    All that family time some fans said he desperately needed after touring two months months in the last two years.

(Not a dig at Eddie but at the silly statements fans make that they need their rest after luxury touring for two out of 24 months)
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,467
    Ya think Eddie got to fly on Air Force One?
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    DM282158 said:

Waiting outside the White House at 430 with a tambourine

The fine line between dedicated and obsessed.....

How long have you been on this message board?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/farewell/info

What should I expect?

The President will deliver remarks on the evening of Tuesday, January 10. You can get a sense of what he’s planning to share here. Eddie Vedder, accompanied by members of Chicago Children's Choir, will perform. The speech will be livestreamed and available to view online and on White House social media channels. We encourage you to share your own experience using the hashtag. You can also share with us your own reflections on the last eight years and what you hope to see in the future by using the hashtag #YesWeCan. Learn more about that here.

https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder-to-perform-at-potus-farewell-address

Eddie Vedder, joined by members of the Chicago Children's Choir, will perform at @POTUS's Farewell Address tonight: https://www.whitehouse.gov/farewell/
    Holy shit, this is great news - got a ticket for tonight.

So what's he going to sing... Man of the Hour?
  • mschostokmschostok Posts: 858
    Hey, if anyone has an extra ticket for tonight (huge fan of Pres Obama) and are looking to get rid of it, I'll gladly take it off your hands. Thanks!

-Mike
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    Sad, sad night for out country...Class leaving the WH, trash coming in
    Quick heads up for those looking for tickets - there are an insane amount of online scams running for these tickets. At least 20k people lined up in hopes to get them and it was a mess (imagine the old Pearl Jam F5 days, but in person). Hard tickets only, no way to transfer electronically, hologram stickers, QR codes, do your homework before meeting someone.
  • World Wide Suicide?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Better Man
  • full disclosure: when PJ came to Winnipeg in 2011, a buddy of mine works at the airport in the private plane area. he knew exactly when PJ was arriving from Ontario (his wife and daughter once got to meet Bieber, so I knew it was legit). Friday morning at 1:30am. I had to work at 8, but what the fuck? I'm usually not a "meet famous people" type of person. But when the opportunity arose that I could say hi to the guys in my favourite band of all time and get them to sign my 2005 poster on the tarmac when they touched down, I couldn't say no.

The douche bodyguard who was first off the plane told my buddy to get me the fuck off the tarmac. the guys weren't seeing anyone. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. But hey, I get it. They were probably sleeping on the plane and just wanted to get to their hotel to get some sleep. that was the closest I will probably ever get to saying hi to them. And then to find out the day after the show, that the day of the show Jeff was at a skate park 5 minutes from my house was the icing.

So yeah, if this guy is a flipper, whatever. But if he's not, I get it.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

World Wide Suicide?

w/ Trump mask