Options

Russia's Influence On The American Election

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    dignin said:
    Wow. Trying to get another thread locked again.

We get it, your feelings got hurt. Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off.

And if you can't, it's probably time to move on.
    Honest question - who still posts here very often that is even a little right of center. It’s a pretty short list and seems to be getting shorter 
    Maybe right of center people simply can't defend Trump anymore.  So they leave.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dignin said:
    So what? That's their ally and neighbor... probably asked China and South Korea too

The Russian hysteria has jumped the shark
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Honest question - who still posts here very often that is even a little right of center. It’s a pretty short list and seems to be getting shorter 
    Is that all it’s about anymore? Trump? Actually let me answer that for you. It is, here on AMT anyhow. And it’s even ok to call people that voted for trump names.  

Its amazing to me that even in the time of Trump, liberals are finding new ways to be less likable. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

I'm not buying that... I was here in the W years and righties didnt flee the scene... this stuff is childs play compared to that... the debates were lively, Cincy and I had many debates/battles back then

I believe since Trump got elected they have been mostly mocked, harrassed, belittled, and chased out of here while nothing was done about it... but hey, that's just my opinion 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:

No idea, I don't give it much thought.

As far as I can remember, there have never been very many people on the right that post here regularly.

It's always been full of people on the left, which makes sense given the nature of the band.

If I went to Ted Nugent's fan forum I imagine I would be running against the grain there. I sure wouldn't be surprised if I ran into a lot of resistance.

If you want to go stir the pot in a den of lions you better have a thick skin.

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

No idea, I don't give it much thought.

As far as I can remember, there have never been very many people on the right that post here regularly.

It's always been full of people on the left, which makes sense given the nature of the band.

If I went to Ted Nugent's fan forum I imagine I would be running against the grain there. I sure wouldn't be surprised if I ran into a lot of resistance.

If you want to go stir the pot in a den of lions you better have a thick skin.

I’ll drop it here since it’s not the thread for it. But there were quite a few not that long ago. And honestly I can’t for the life of me thinking of any right now. I guess there are a couple but they seem more like trolls really, not like in the past. I kinda feel like there are very few people left that offer that opposing view point. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Or maybe they want to defend him and his policies but realize that this is a board for fans of a famously left leaning, pro Democrat, pro-choice , liberal band.
    Whose fans are overwhelmingly left leaning,  pro Democrat, pro-choice liberals as well.

• Options
    Does anyone else find it odd that the NRA has been strangely silent of late, despite Maria Butina pleading guilty and agreeing to cooperate with Team Mueller as she awaits sentencing? Maybe they expect their proud boys to speak for them? And yea, no condemnation from Team Trump Treason.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/25/nra-target-practice-article-photo-pelosi-giffords-criticized/2977426002/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

I'm not buying that... I was here in the W years and righties didnt flee the scene... this stuff is childs play compared to that... the debates were lively, Cincy and I had many debates/battles back then

I believe since Trump got elected they have been mostly mocked, harrassed, belittled, and chased out of here while nothing was done about it... but hey, that's just my opinion 
    That's because the neocon position was a defensible one.  I was completely against the war from the start, but you could intellectually defend it.  Trump's behavior is indefensible and republicans are forced to defend it, or be a Never Trumper.  It's one or the other.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    .cincybearcat said:
    dignin said:

On the topic that got locked, there was alot of anti Mueller swagger. It did not seem left of center to me . I  meant no disrespect by the term righty. I've certainly been called worse on conservative leaning forums :)

In light of this "witch hunt swagger," I was honestly interested in the opinions of Trump influencing the investigation by replacing the AG (if that were Obama) and also the anger expressed by the judges that have seen the actual unredacted court filings.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Also, I don't think I'm the only one who finds it distasteful that we are apparently supposed to be sorted by nationality when we post. 
    Yes, extremely distasteful indeed. And insulting. And dismissive. And ignorant.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Also, I don't think I'm the only one who finds it distasteful that we are apparently supposed to be sorted by nationality when we post. 
    Yes, extremely distasteful indeed. And insulting. And dismissive. And ignorant.
    To be Canadian? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    .cincybearcat said:
    dignin said:

On the topic that got locked, there was alot of anti Mueller swagger. It did not seem left of center to me . I  meant no disrespect by the term righty. I've certainly been called worse on conservative leaning forums :)

In light of this "witch hunt swagger," I was honestly interested in the opinions of Trump influencing the investigation by replacing the AG (if that were Obama) and also the anger expressed by the judges that have seen the actual unredacted court filings.
    They people you are calling anti-mueller are certainly not righty.  This is the problem. If you don’t think muellers reports are going to bring trump down...you are a righty. If you don’t get all up in a hissy fit whenever the president has toilet paper on his shoe, you are a trump supporter. 

“Witch Hunt swagger” what are you talking about? Perhaps you should read that thread more clearly...if in fact you were talking about the recent posts. Perhaps you were referring to older posts by rolemodels? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    my2hands said:

As long as you realize they are connected

And stop with the headlines garbage, you're taking something out of context and applying it broadly... my comment on the headlines was strictly about the Mueller report being brief, and how that's supposed to be a good thing because it will he a road map to other investigations... like I said, preparing folks for a soft landing that it might be a dud

But feel free to continue with your schtick if it makes you feel superior

Probably supported water boarding, black rendition sites, and Guantanamo didn't you? 
    Me being a former republican kinda blows up your whole “bubble/cabal” theory, no? You don’t have to be a liberal to despise Trump. 

So you got a thread locked and raised all sorts of shit today over...some headlines you saw.  Awesome. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:

As long as you realize they are connected

And stop with the headlines garbage, you're taking something out of context and applying it broadly... my comment on the headlines was strictly about the Mueller report being brief, and how that's supposed to be a good thing because it will he a road map to other investigations... like I said, preparing folks for a soft landing that it might be a dud

But feel free to continue with your schtick if it makes you feel superior

Probably supported water boarding, black rendition sites, and Guantanamo didn't you? 
    Me being a former republican kinda blows up your whole “bubble/cabal” theory, no? You don’t have to be a liberal to despise Trump. 

So you got a thread locked and raised all sorts of shit today over...some headlines you saw.  Awesome. 
    No shit you can hate trump even if you aren’t a liberal. Awesome deduction.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Enlightening!

Oh, Canada!!

I got my witch hunt swagger drippin, Mueller is a deep state stooge!!!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Paul Manafort Gave Konstantin Kilimnik 75 Pages of Polling Data, Docs Suggest

https://www.thedailybeast.com/paul-manafort-gave-konstantin-kilimnik-75-pages-of-polling-data-docs-suggest

Big nothing burger, the whole investigation is a giant fail! Waste of time!
  • Options
    dignin said:

Paul Manafort Gave Konstantin Kilimnik 75 Pages of Polling Data, Docs Suggest

https://www.thedailybeast.com/paul-manafort-gave-konstantin-kilimnik-75-pages-of-polling-data-docs-suggest

Big nothing burger, the whole investigation is a giant fail! Waste of time!
    Nothing to see here...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    And has just about a 45% approval rating...

Obama 3rd year ranged from 40-46 throughout the year............
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    my2hands said:

Oh boy. Based on your analysis of the midterms and also of the 2016 election, polling is not your forte. I'm not sure what your forte is but it's definitely not polling.

He's currently sitting at a 42.6 average on 538. Obama was at 47.7 this time in his term. In Obama's third year, he ranged from where Trump is at now (Obama's bottom/one of Trump's best in a long while to 51%). 

Only two president's in history have had a lower approval rating than Trump at this point in their terms (and again--this is after Trump's numbers have come up quite a bit since he shut the government down over nothing).

The thing every other president, including Obama, have in common that Trump doesn't? They've all enjoyed ceiling's over 60%. Do you know what Trump's ceiling is, ye of all polling knowledge? 47.8%- the day after he was inaugurated and, interestingly, right about where Obama was at this point in his term---the day you chose to compare his numbers with Trump. Yes, that number is embarrassingly low and bodes horribly for a recumbent running for re-election (if he's able to be on the ballot).

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Oh boy. Based on your analysis of the midterms and also of the 2016 election, polling is not your forte. I'm not sure what your forte is but it's definitely not polling.

He's currently sitting at a 42.6 average on 538. Obama was at 47.7 this time in his term. In Obama's third year, he ranged from where Trump is at now (Obama's bottom/one of Trump's best in a long while to 51%). So........no. 40-46 is not even close.

Only two president's in history have had a lower approval rating than Trump at this point in their terms (and again--this is after Trump's numbers have come up quite a bit since he shut the government down over nothing).

The thing every other president, including Obama, have in common that Trump doesn't? They've all enjoyed ceiling's over 60%. Do you know what Trump's ceiling is, ye of all polling knowledge? 47.8%- the day after he was inaugurated. Yes, that number is embarrassingly low and bodes horribly for a recumbent running for re-election (if he's able to be on the ballot).

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

edit--I was gonna put some things in bold and then I just thought: "Hey Juggler---just go for it! BOLD EVERYTHING! MAKE A SPLASH! Felt good)

@Kat

this is the culture of passive aggressiveness, condescension, and dismissiveness being allowed here, as long as it's anti-trump....

i'm going to point this out each and every time

• Options
    my forte is to try and not be a smug jerk, and to be respectful with those I might disagree with...
  • Options
    .cincybearcat said:
    dignin said:

They people you are calling anti-mueller are certainly not righty.  This is the problem. If you don’t think muellers reports are going to bring trump down...you are a righty. If you don’t get all up in a hissy fit whenever the president has toilet paper on his shoe, you are a trump supporter. 

“Witch Hunt swagger” what are you talking about? Perhaps you should read that thread more clearly...if in fact you were talking about the recent posts. Perhaps you were referring to older posts by rolemodels? 

I guessed the wrong topic. It was actually in this one. I think this is the comment that started it off:

"I'm not ignoring the other prosecutions, they have absolutely nothing to do with Trump, collusion, or being compromised.."

The Cohen investigation has nothing to do with Trump? Manafort's ties to pro Russian Ukrainian interests have nothing to do with Trump?

It seemed a tiny bit of a biased comment.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Lets say it straight.

A Russian military agent flew on an oligarch's private jet to obtain a 1.1 million terrabyte file on voter demographic data from Donald Trump's campaign manager in august 2016  and there is a firestorm now since Barr was sworn in that there is no collusion.

Maybe one will not be prosecuted given the new AG but facts are facts.

• Options
    Lets say it straight.

A Russian military agent flew on an oligarch's private jet to obtain a 1.1 million terrabyte file on voter demographic data from Donald Trump's campaign manager in august 2016  and there is a firestorm now since Barr was sworn in that there is no collusion.

Facts lost all relevance a while ago. See Trump, Eric; Faux & Friends; Treason, Team Trump.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    Lets say it straight.

Facts lost all relevance a while ago. See Trump, Eric; Faux & Friends; Treason, Team Trump.
    Everyone knows that facts along with believable, provable,  and verifiable evidence all have a liberal bias. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019

ok, i'll waste my time.....

I said he was at about 45%.... you point out he is at about 43%............. really? got nothing better to do? what's the range of error on polling? for the record he is at 43.2 with likely voters

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/voters/

I said Obama was 40-46 in year 3... Gallup average shows Obama average approval rating as follows... Quarter 9  46.7%.... Quarter 10  46.8%... Quarter 11 41%... Quarter 12  43.3%............... sooooooooo, yeah..... go lecture Gallup........ (side note - Obama was in the mid 40's pretty much all of 2012 leading up to the election)

https://news.gallup.com/poll/178736/obama-job-approval-averages-23rd-quarter.aspx

don't care about ceilings.... I am well aware Trump isn't very popular, thanks for the breaking news lol.......... but guess what my friend, he was never popular and was BEHIND ALL THE POLLS IN 2016....... AND WON...... remember that, ye poll master? lol

also.... his numbers are certainly not good.... but they are very stable, which could be a potential problem..... also, after the honeymoon period, Obamas numbers were in the 40's for most of his Presidency... keep in mind these numbers are without an opponent, and I think Trump thrives with an opponent... so I tread with caution into 2020, while you show the same dismissive hubris you did in 2016

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/245567/trump-approval-stable-approval-prior-presidents.aspx

now are we talking about Matt Forte, Kia Forte, or my forte in the bedroom? :) 

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    my2hands said:
    my forte is to try and not be a smug jerk, and to be respectful with those I might disagree with...
    So will you be flagging yourself when you call others rude, arrogant jerks and arrogant pricks, or is that subsumed within respectful behaviour, as long as it's yours?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf