President Elect Trump

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

It's beyond clear that he was mocking him.

No question Trump was mocking him, backtracking on remembering the story, like he mocked others but was he mocking his disability? That's what Hilliary and MSM claimed.
    It's beyond clear that he was mocking his disability. Only a pro-Trump bias could lead a rational person to conclude otherwise.
    maybe you were duped... I cant be sure bec I dont know Trumps intentions but some devilish details casts doubt on MSM and Hilliars claims. If he never acted out so foolishly mocking others, I would be more inclined to believe you and them. Like I said in any event most people probably dont know the backstory and it didnt help Hilliary anyway.
    Do you read the items that you post? The reporter says that he interviewed Trump in person more than a few times. Trump was clearly mocking his disability.

What "details" are you referring to that cast doubt on that?
    when did these interviews happen? before or after 911? (when the reporter dont remember events related to the most newsworthy event in american history?)
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

No question Trump was mocking him, backtracking on remembering the story, like he mocked others but was he mocking his disability? That's what Hilliary and MSM claimed.
    It's beyond clear that he was mocking his disability. Only a pro-Trump bias could lead a rational person to conclude otherwise.
    maybe you were duped... I cant be sure bec I dont know Trumps intentions but some devilish details casts doubt on MSM and Hilliars claims. If he never acted out so foolishly mocking others, I would be more inclined to believe you and them. Like I said in any event most people probably dont know the backstory and it didnt help Hilliary anyway.
    Do you read the items that you post? The reporter says that he interviewed Trump in person more than a few times. Trump was clearly mocking his disability.

when did these interviews happen? before or after 911? (when the reporter dont remember events related to the most newsworthy event in american history?)
    What does that have to do with Trump lying about not knowing what the reporter looked like?

Plus...the guys said something to the effect of "NO....it didn't happen (the way Trump described "thousands")...not to my memory"

That doesn't mean he is questioning his own memory.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017

I am conflicted about the Meryl Streep speech. On one hand, she's right, that we (the public) and they (the media) need to hold Trump accountable and not normalize his behaviour.

On the other hand, putting celebrities on a pedestal and giving them this platform and encouraging them to believe that we should all sit and listen to whatever it is they have to say, for no other reason than they look good on tv, is the exact reason we are where we are today.

Trump as President does not exist without celebrity fascination in the US.

Anyone w/ a microphone has the power to say anything. Good AND bad in some cases.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Latest tweet https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
    It's finally happening - Fiat Chrysler just announced plans to invest $1BILLION in Michigan and Ohio plants, adding 2000 jobs. This after Ford said last week that it will expand in Michigan and U.S. instead of building a BILLION dollar plant in Mexico. Thank you Ford & Fiat C!

That Streep comment about football and mixed martial arts is only approved by people who don't like sports but I can't think of anyone here that thinks this way. Other than that CFL is real football.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    Free said:

I am conflicted about the Meryl Streep speech. On one hand, she's right, that we (the public) and they (the media) need to hold Trump accountable and not normalize his behaviour.

On the other hand, putting celebrities on a pedestal and giving them this platform and encouraging them to believe that we should all sit and listen to whatever it is they have to say, for no other reason than they look good on tv, is the exact reason we are where we are today.

Anyone w/ a microphone has the power to say anything. Good AND bad in some cases.
    of course they do. but it's our fault for letting them believe what they say holds more weight than the average joe.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Free said:

of course they do. but it's our fault for letting them believe what they say holds more weight than the average joe.
    The average joe doesn't have the stage....definitely carries more weight

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017

Free said:

Agreed, and the drama/media major students that I knew in college were the ones that were the least educated in political science, government, accounting, history, etc...they sure as hell knew a lot about acting and being fake though! Blows my mind that people put any weight in what actors say outside of their acting and it is "our fault" for propping them up on such pedestals that make them feel more important that your average joe.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:

Free said:

Agreed, and the drama/media major students that I knew in college were the ones that were the least educated in political science, government, accounting, history, etc...they sure as hell knew a lot about acting and being fake though! Blows my mind that people put anything weight in what actors say outside of their acting.
    Maybe we should stick to what Streep said....she never mentioned Trump by name. What did she say that you disagree with?

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

What does that have to do with Trump lying about not knowing what the reporter looked like?

Plus...the guys said something to the effect of "NO....it didn't happen (the way Trump described "thousands")...not to my memory"

ok fair enough... u think trump or pearl jam remembers reporters from the 1980s?

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

ok fair enough... u think trump or pearl jam remembers reporters from the 1980s?

They were on a first name basis....yeah I believe he did

You have become quite the Trump apologist.

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    tbergs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

I don't think it's clear he mocked because of a disability, but I think that's beside the point. The problem isn't that he mocked a disabled person, it's that he mocks, ridicules, demeans, etc. anyone who he thinks is in the wrong or challenges him. He is someone who publicly makes fun of others for whatever reason and is now our president.

Those that argue against his intention on the reporter mocking are missing the point.

Agree with you 100 percent! His supporters do the same though. They don't like what the news is reporting, even if they are reporting Trump's own words, and suddenly they'll threaten never to watch again and say the media are a bunch of "lib tards" People don't want to think critically or challenge their own views. No one truly wants to be informed, they just want confirmation of what they think, and if an outlet reports otherwise then it's the media's fault. People also act like a critique of their candidate is an assault on them. Shouldn't it be possible for someone to admit that their candidate makes mistakes or acknowledge they are acting a certain way? Whether it's Obama, Trump, Clinton, Etc... Why does it have to be "because I'm an R then everything D does is bad and R is always right and vice versa? Now, you have things like the environment become partisan issues. Because Ds want to protect the environment and acknowledge that climate change exists, you have regular republican citizens against them without knowing any facts. It's basically become "well if the opposite side is for/against something then I must be against/for it"

2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

Agreed, and the drama/media major students that I knew in college were the ones that were the least educated in political science, government, accounting, history, etc...they sure as hell knew a lot about acting and being fake though! Blows my mind that people put anything weight in what actors say outside of their acting.
    Maybe we should stick to what Streep said....she never mentioned Trump by name. What did she say that you disagree with?
    That we should all be supporting the Hollywood Foreign Press, maybe...I say "meh".
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    JC29856 said:

not to mention she lifted up hollywood at the same time as bringing down athletes, she completely discredited herself in the midst of one sentence.

"Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if we kick them all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts,"

this gives you a glimpse into the mindset and outlook.
    The mindset is that not only Hollywood, but the whole country is made up of people from somewhere else, and if you're agenda is divisiveness, then we all lose something as a result of that divisiveness. One side will not "win" over the other.

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

First name basis according to the mocked reporter.

Why am I a trump apologist?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,586
    The most pathetic part of all this, is that topics like this are even news and need to be validated/denied. We know Trump lies and makes up information regularly, so it's almost impossible to know if he actually remembers this reporter. Even so, can the media and everyone else quit being concerned about the level of which hate, anger, violence, etc. are committed? It's all despicable so let's do something to address all of it! Plus, by creating this fog around himself, plausible deniability will always be an out for him.

Can we get back to demanding he release his taxes? That seems to have disappeared from interest. These fucking distractions he creates clog up our lives so no one can focus on the real issues long enough
    It's a hopeless situation...

Free said:

The average joe doesn't have the stage....definitely carries more weight
    they have the mic, but that doesn't mean the message is any more relevant than those that don't.

I mean, I agree mostly with what Ed has to say at shows, so it doesn't bother me, but I could totally see why people who don't agree with his politics would be turned off about it.

www.headstonesband.com

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    tbergs said:

The most pathetic part of all this, is that topics like this are even news and need to be validated/denied. We know Trump lies and makes up information regularly, so it's almost impossible to know if he actually remembers this reporter. Even so, can the media and everyone else quit being concerned about the level of which hate, anger, violence, etc. are committed? It's all despicable so let's do something to address all of it! Plus, by creating this fog around himself, plausible deniability will always be an out for him.

Can we get back to demanding he release his taxes? That seems to have disappeared from interest. These fucking distractions he creates clog up our lives so no one can focus on the real issues long enough

Well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

it was a veiled "as a famous person, we have an obligation" blah blah blah. I don't mind being educated by someone who has the microphone. But when all it is, is partisan bullshit, then I have an issue with it. It's not different than if Chachi were receiving an award and telling everyone in the audience how terrible Obama is. Just not a fan.

Honestly, had she not torn down athletes (intentional or not) while elevating actors, I might have nothing to say about it at all (and besides MMA, I'm not a big sports fan). The message was great until that dig on those not in the arts community. she came off as self-important and I hate that shit.

at least when Ed does it, he is the first to admit his opinion holds no more weight than anyone else's.

www.headstonesband.com

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

First name basis according to the mocked reporter.

Why am I a trump apologist?
    Not sure....I guess you agree with his message.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    So what Streep calls out Bafoon his an asshole will always be one will die one , he still refuses to acknowledge that he mocked the reporter , refuses to blame his man love Putin for any hacking god i hope this idiot chokes on his steak soon .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I'm all for public figures speaking their mind, I think Meryl earned the right to make those comments, I'm just not sure she or her audience in person and thru the tube know the backstory.

Unfortunately, this is news, newsworthy, it's what's being discussed, nobody is talking about the devilish details in the intel reports.

I agree with Meryl that trumps performance was terrible, he seems to play the same role when mocking people. he would have played a much better role mocking the reporters disability by just stalding there with a goofy face and his hand severely bent down instead of usual arm flailing mock.

Again, no need to mock anyone, we're all in this together.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

it was a veiled "as a famous person, we have an obligation" blah blah blah. I don't mind being educated by someone who has the microphone. But when all it is, is partisan bullshit, then I have an issue with it. It's not different than if Chachi were receiving an award and telling everyone in the audience how terrible Obama is. Just not a fan.

Honestly, had she not torn down athletes (intentional or not) while elevating actors, I might have nothing to say about it at all (and besides MMA, I'm not a big sports fan). The message was great until that dig on those not in the arts community. she came off as self-important and I hate that shit.

at least when Ed does it, he is the first to admit his opinion holds no more weight than anyone else's.
    You could just as easily changed the channel , I'm glad the stars are coming out against Bafoon if not them then who ? Me & you how would we go about voicing our displeasure with this asshole ? Protest I hope Ed comes out and rants about him next PJ show I attend !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

She did not knock athletes.
  • ^^^
    Are you serious?
    Your country had like an entire year to get the message out to vote in a candidate other than President Trump.
    Your message failed horribly or you just didn't vote because Hillary had it in the bag.
    JC29856 said:

I'm all for public figures speaking their mind, I think Meryl earned the right to make those comments, I'm just not sure she or her audience in person and thru the tube know the backstory.

Unfortunately, this is news, newsworthy, it's what's being discussed, nobody is talking about the devilish details in the intel reports.

I agree with Meryl that trumps performance was terrible, he seems to play the same role when mocking people. he would have played a much better role mocking the reporters disability by just stalding there with a goofy face and his hand severely bent down instead of usual arm flailing mock.

It's in the news because of Trump's manbaby butthurt tweet....not because of Streep

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

You could just as easily changed the channel , I'm glad the stars are coming out against Bafoon if not them then who ? Me & you how would we go about voicing our displeasure with this asshole ? Protest I hope Ed comes out and rants about him next PJ show I attend !
    You mean those anti-war rants during the Bush years that we never heard during the war expansion years under Obama?
    edited January 2017

JC29856 said:

It's in the news because of Trump's manbaby butthurt tweet....not because of Streep
    So it wasn't in the news until 637am this morning 6 hours so..hmm

Click the news tab...10 hours 10 hours 13 hours...vanity fair, politico....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Meryl+streep&client
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited January 2017

Latest tweet folks https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818307689323368448
    Dishonest media says Mexico won't be paying for the wall if they pay a little later so the wall can be built more quickly. Media is fake!

I find this whole "the media is fake and dishonest" thing that Trump is doing every single day to be one of the most disturbing things about him. That is a seriously fascist tactic and could have very real and dire consequences in American society. I feel like Americans aren't taking it seriously enough for the most part.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

I don't have cable. I watched it online to see what the fuss was about.

www.headstonesband.com

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

She did not knock athletes.
    sounded like it to me.

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.