President Elect Trump

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    vaggar99 said:

^^^
    rich people are the ones who continue to want tax cuts when they already have massive stock piles of cash and assets.

Because they have a lot of something it should be taken from them? Look, I'm okay with the death tax. I just want to make sure the tax dollars are being used efficiently and properly. Every year it seems there is record government revenues. Seems like enough tax dollars are being collected, but the government has so much waste in the budget.

Eventually though there will be a time where over 60% of the population needs government stipends as technology will make their skills irrelevant. Will definitely need a higher tax rate then.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427

vaggar99 said:

^^^
    rich people are the ones who continue to want tax cuts when they already have massive stock piles of cash and assets.

Because they have a lot of something it should be taken from them? Look, I'm okay with the death tax. I just want to make sure the tax dollars are being used efficiently and properly. Every year it seems there is record government revenues. Seems like enough tax dollars are being collected, but the government has so much waste in the budget.

Eventually though there will be a time where over 60% of the population needs government stipends as technology will make their skills irrelevant. Will definitely need a higher tax rate then.
    greed is sadness. look at Buffet. not greedy. happy as you can be. or at least it seems. Look at Trump. miserable.

sure, money needs to be spent properly. I can tell you one area that its out of control: defense. First, you have a basic conflict of interest in the defense industry. The contractors and military have a common goal of making sure lots of 'stuff' is produced. The contractors take it a step further by making sure those things cost as much as possible. Going to war ensures that programs can't be cancelled and these companies are filled with warhawks. I can tell you many still believe that the Iraq War was the right decision. Very few people outside of those circles that I know would go there. Bottom line, we spend a shit load on defense and somehow the only focus is on cutting social programs like Planned Parenthood which are fraction of the cost of a single fighter jet program.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958

vaggar99 said:

^^^

Extremely high military spending is the problem, so maybe that's what you mean by waste.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    https://youtu.be/AfN6YYnweK4

Kleptocracy crazy
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    One of Trump's doers...gettin' shit done.

Trump national security pick Monica Crowley plagiarized multiple sources in 2012 book

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/news/kfile-trump-monica-crowley-plagiarized-multiple-sources-2012-book/
    edited January 2017
    "Meryl Streep (who is highly overrated) and cant sing, chose to use her award time to say nasty things about me tonight. Her best film She Devil. #12days
    DJT TWEETY
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    I just came here to not read this thread.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,586
    evsgjamm said:

I just came here to not read this thread.

You're on quite a roll in all the forums, aren't you? Comedy relief.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

"Meryl Streep (who is highly overrated) and cant sing, chose to use her award time to say nasty things about me tonight. Her best film She Devil. #12days
    DJT TWEETY

Is that you're prediction because I'm pretty sure he hasn't rebutted her speech yet?

vaggar99 said:

^^^

Extremely high military spending is the problem, so maybe that's what you mean by waste.
    I think defense is one of the main responsibilities of government. Keep us safe to enjoy our freedoms domestically. I am sure there is plenty of waste and we shouldn't go to war unless absolutely necessary. But without a strong military countries like China and Russia (along with a few others) would walk all over the rest of the world.
  • Latest tweet folks https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818307689323368448
    Dishonest media says Mexico won't be paying for the wall if they pay a little later so the wall can be built more quickly. Media is fake!
    JC29856 said:

DJT TWEETY

She wants the media to hold Trump accountable (which they should), but it is just too funny hearing this the night after all these celebrities go gaga over their Lord and Savior Obama at his going away party. The media disappeared the last 8 years.

JC29856 said:

DJT TWEETY

She wants the media to hold Trump accountable (which they should), but it is just too funny hearing this the night after all these celebrities go gaga over their Lord and Savior Obama at his going away party. The media disappeared the last 8 years.
    You're saying journalists haven't held Obama accountable? How so?

Latest tweet folks https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818307689323368448
    Dishonest media says Mexico won't be paying for the wall if they pay a little later so the wall can be built more quickly. Media is fake!

What could possibly go wrong? It's not like he's ever gone bankrupt from bad business deals...
    tbergs said:

Latest tweet folks https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818307689323368448

What could possibly go wrong? It's not like he's ever gone bankrupt from bad business deals...
    Did bootlegger10 write that tweet?
  • Here is the contract the Americans overwhelmingly signed come inauguration day.
    https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
  • Streep used the spotlight to send a powerful message. Trump uses the spotlight to act like a donkey.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    Aside from all that America needs to stop giving accolades to bad movies.
    La la land?
    Fme
    Not President Trump approved.

Streep used the spotlight to send a powerful message. Trump uses the spotlight to act like a donkey.

On the re-watch it was interesting to see the celebs that were clearly uncomfortable with her speech. Colin Farrell, Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn all looked unhappy.
  • This thread needs to be re-named to President Trump.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    tbergs said:

Streep used the spotlight to send a powerful message. Trump uses the spotlight to act like a donkey.

On the re-watch it was interesting to see the celebs that were clearly uncomfortable with her speech. Colin Farrell, Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn all looked unhappy.
    Mel was the Trump of 2011. Of course he would be butthurt by Trump being called out for his behavior.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    Sorry folks I missed this tweet some how. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818169485169410048

Before I, or anyone, saw the classified and/or highly confidential hacking intelligence report, it was leaked out to @NBCNews. So serious!

Sorry folks I missed this tweet some how. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818169485169410048

Before I, or anyone, saw the classified and/or highly confidential hacking intelligence report, it was leaked out to @NBCNews. So serious!

Not true only "elected officials from both parties" have seen the classified information.
    tbergs said:

just the misogynists.
    JC29856 said:

DJT TWEETY

Was I close??

Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a.....Hillary flunky who lost big. For the 100th time, I never "mocked" a disabled reporter (would never do that) but simply showed him......."groveling" when he totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad. Just more very dishonest media!
    ^^^nice work!!!
    edited January 2017
    It's kinda hard to believe trump saying he wasn't mocking the reporter, he over exaggerated his movements, I've seen him do similar groveling movements but not to that extent.
    As for Streeps speech which I did not see but just read, it was well said.

https://youtu.be/_8JqT2atxD8

https://youtu.be/Dk5eeyJ6HAM
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    Here's a disabled mocking denier, shows the speech then examples of trump groveling reenactments.

https://youtu.be/9m7iA7QZBi4
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.