President Elect Trump

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    JC29856 said:

Conway doing her job of spin and deflect. Hey guys, look over here!!

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    12 mins of complete and total spin, catholics4trump!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P66U8haXCSE
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    JC29856 said:

See what happens when hollywood tries to speak out? Now the "right" is pointing to Streeps standing ovation for pedophile Roman Polanski back some years ago. Goes back to the point Meryl was trying to make.

See the pathetic response from a trump staffer? I suppose dialogue that is akin to blowhard guests on cable news is what we're going to get out of the White House.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    When is the news conference to clear up all the misinformation on the Russians hacking and why Putin did it ? After all the Trumpsters here have been spinning spinning spinning !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • When is the news conference to clear up all the misinformation on the Russians hacking and why Putin did it ? After all the Trumpsters here have been spinning spinning spinning !

Your posts about President Trump are becoming weaker and weaker.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    A question from media member waiting at trump tower for Donald to show his face.

Who do you trust more Assange or NSA? We'll talk Wednesday.
    Jared Kushner named senior adviser to President based on ability to have sex with Ivanka

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/01/jared-kushner-named-senior-advisor-president-based-ability-sex-ivanka/
  • dignin said:

Jared Kushner named senior adviser to President based on ability to have sex with Ivanka

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/01/jared-kushner-named-senior-advisor-president-based-ability-sex-ivanka/

This article is dumb on so many levels.
    However, most people think of Lewinsky when they think of a Clinton.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    Latest tweet from President Trump
    Warning it contains appreciation for law enforcement which some viewers here may find disturbing.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818643528905621504
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    all in all, i thought the speech was a bit incoherent. but fuk trump and yea meryl
    edited January 2017
    this is interesting. not sure i've seen this much activity in weeks. all over a speech that focused mainly on old news. its not just here. all of the sudden my Facebook feed has Democrats with 'opinions'. that arm flail was a few seconds of Trump being Trump. no one really knows what was going through his head as he did that.

If I need to be remind myself about how big a piece of garbage the man is, I just have to say these three words: The Birther Movement.

A calculated and sustained attack on our President. It was rooted in racism and xenophobia. plain and simple.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    all of the sudden my Facebook feed has Democrats with 'opinions'
    Get off Facebook
    ^^^why?
    Serial plagiarizer. No surprise that a fraudster likes to surround himself with other frauds.

Trump Pick Monica Crowley Plagiarized Parts of Her Ph.D. Dissertation

This finding comes on the heels of CNN’s Saturday report that Crowley, the conservative author and commentator whom Trump tapped as senior director of strategic communications for the National Security Council, plagiarized more than 50 passages in her 2012 book What the (Bleep) Just Happened, copying directly from conservative columns, news articles, Wikipedia and in one case a podiatrist’s website.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/monica-crowley-plagiarism-phd-dissertation-columbia-214612

• vaggar99 said:

^^^why?

Abstain for one month and this forum too, after said month see which one you want to come back to.

vaggar99 said:

^^^why?

Abstain for one month and this forum too, after said month see which one you want to come back to.
    You should take your own advice.

vaggar99 said:

^^^why?

okay, what drugs are you going to offer me to hold me over?
  • ^^^
    Newspaper headlines while drinking coffee.
    i was hoping you'd start with some mushrooms. if you haven't tried FB, you should give it a try. its perfect for trolling. you won't be limited to just PJ fans!
  • Here is a better article that encapsulates the essence of President Trump.
    This is only for the academic people though. So if you are not that don't reed.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jared-kushner-donald-trump-adviser-1.3927777
    he's loveable enough
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

So much this.

Donald Trump’s glorious victory for anti-intellectualism: “Drain the swamp” just meant the eggheads
    For many Trump supporters, the wealthiest cabinet ever is no problem — as long as he gets rid of the smart people

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/07/donald-trumps-glorious-victory-for-anti-intellectualism-drain-the-swamp-just-meant-the-eggheads/

Trump supporters are not offended by wealth. They see successful people and are happy to have them put their vast knowledge to work in goverment. "Egghead" academics who have not achieved much in the real world have had their chance. This will be an administration of doers.
    You're getting closer and closer to troll status like PJfan with posts like this.
    I've been labeled a troll since I first started commenting at the AMT. In my eyes this is generally a response of someone who has lost an argument.
    Were we in an argument when I made the comment? This was a while ago.

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

So much this.

Donald Trump’s glorious victory for anti-intellectualism: “Drain the swamp” just meant the eggheads
    For many Trump supporters, the wealthiest cabinet ever is no problem — as long as he gets rid of the smart people

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/07/donald-trumps-glorious-victory-for-anti-intellectualism-drain-the-swamp-just-meant-the-eggheads/

Trump supporters are not offended by wealth. They see successful people and are happy to have them put their vast knowledge to work in goverment. "Egghead" academics who have not achieved much in the real world have had their chance. This will be an administration of doers.
    I just saw this post.

There's one bit of truth to it: if your 'egg head' peer group (you have expressed many times you are a distinguished professor from a really cool university) thinks like this... a country might do well limiting their influence.

Im curious... are you an egg head of the 'doer' variety? What makes you a doer if you are?
    Well let's get a few things straight...

1) I have never stated that I am a "distinguished" professor from a "really cool university". Credentials have come up certainly over time as certain subjects have been debated but it is generally the people who oppose my arguments who have been making a bigger deal of my qualifications. It seems to bother some that I don't fit the stupid, uneducated, buck-toothed caricature of a conservative that they have created in their own minds. As you know of course I don't back away from arguments so I am happy to own my academic background where necessary but please don't confuse that with me claiming to be "distinguished"...I mean I have won awards but I am generally modest with respect to my greatness.

2) In terms of myself being an "egghead" vs a "doer"...these concepts are not mutually exclusive. I have been in and out of academia (currently in) while being in the private sector at the same time. I know great full time academics who are "doers" in their fields and I know full time academics who have no concept of what takes place in the real world. The topic at hand is this idea put forward by many of you that the "wealthy" running the country is just terrible when compared to the "academic" running the country. The assumption is being made that "academics" are being purged from goverment and are being replaced with narrow minded fools from the private sector who don't really understand and/or care for the overall needs of their fellow citizens. This whole argument is absolute nonsense and this is what I am responding too. Academics with no concept of the real world or how their policies and regulations affect the citizen/small business person have been entrenched in the federal bureaucracy for years and the results have been terrible.

3) The hate many on here have for the "wealthy" or for those who have achieved success in the private sector is contemptible. It is one thing to be opposed to the ideology/policy of an individual but you should embrace the idea that personally successful people want to enter government to put their experience to good use. Government by the bureaucrat, while well intentioned, has been failing and a dose of the private sector is desperately necessary. The concept of the "doer" is not to denigrate the academic but is used to differentiate between those who understand how policy affects the individual in the real world.

4) To finalize my point that many of you laugh at (which clearly says more about you then me) the Trump supporter has decided that the status quo has failed and is taking a chance on the "doer". They are very clear headed about what they selected to run government and they recognize that this whole experiment might fail. When you criticize the Trump nominee's "wealth" as a bug the Trump supporter sees it as a feature. The Trump supporter wants the successful to take over to see if they can repair a broken government. They are not offended by how wealthy someone is and neither should you.
    You're under the impression that trump is working for the good of the people? Seriously? Read what narcissistic personslity disorder is about, then get back to me.

Were we in an argument when I made the comment? This was a while ago.

It was a while ago because I was busy "doing"...but yes when someone throws out the "troll" term it generally means they are surrendering the debate.

You're under the impression that trump is working for the good of the people? Seriously? Read what narcissistic personslity disorder is about, then get back to me.

No. I am not under the impression Trump is working for the good of the people. I recognize that he is a full narcissist (most people who run for president are) and have been very critical of him since he came down the escalator. I do believe of the two terrible candidates he had more potential upside and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. So far I have been generally happy with his cabinet selections which leads me to cautiously believe that he just might do a good job.
    Most who run for president aren't clinically diagnosable with narcissistic personslity disorder like trump. It shouldn't be confused with self- centered or big ego, which you might be doing.

Most who run for president aren't clinically diagnosable with narcissistic personslity disorder like trump. It shouldn't be confused with self- centered or big ego, which you might be doing.

Oh...have you clinically diagnosed Trump yourself? I would love to read your clinical notes on him compared to your notes on other Presidents and Presidential candidates provided that doesn't violate anybody's confidentiality of course.
This discussion has been closed.