Options

Adios Amigos!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    At the end of the day we must ask ourselves
    What does this thread have to do with Politics, current events reasoned debate and discussion - we can all learn something new.
    ?
    It is a strange thread to have on AMT.
    AET perhaps?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Good riddance. Your thread that's now been closed was full of hate and started with you. Get over yourself, you're not that important.

I'm not sure it was possible for somebody to be this classless here. Maybe one day (I highly doubt it though) you will have earned the respect of 85% of the people here as Brian has.
    Fair enough. I'm not here to argue man, and I'm definitely not on a band's forum trying earn anyone's respect. I do know that creating a thread where you tell people to fuck off and to fuck themselves in your first post of the thread makes me wary of that individual. Immediately following the close by an admin of that thread they then start a new one saying adios and hoping for open praise when they instead could easily pm the 40 or so people they know and tell them personally they're leaving.

Sorry you took offense to it, as I did to the op's first thread. To his credit, he took what I said and didn't argue with me, as I'm sure he realized he f'd up with the first thread and someone was going to call him out on it.

Anyway, peace to all, I said what I needed to say at the time and I'm over it. I'm sure he's a stand up guy and was just pissed off at the time, just like I was.
    look, I get it. i have bared witness to some of brian's outbursts in the past, and i too have taken him to task for it. but it deserves context. he is incredibly passionate about the earth, our environment, the survival of our species, and the fair treatment of all species, and also what is right for humans in a free society. he has spent an immeasurable amount of time on here talking to the figurative wall, spreading truths about what is really going on, how to better ourselves, our society, our world around us.

he is an incredibly passionate human being, and occasionally, it can get the better of him.

he has hoped for decades that he would get to see progress, real, tangible progress, lead by the leaders we elect, the scientists we respect, and the community at large. that has no happened. not even close to what needs to.

no one in power will give a fuck about conservation until they figure out how to profit from it. and that is painful for someone like brian to be aware of.

while the other thread may have seemed like a childish outburst, it was more a showcasing of the years of frustration coming to boil after the election of the biggest joke of our time, a guy who put a climate change denier at the head of the EPA. he may as well have taken a picture of himself dumping a drum of oil into the ocean with a thumbs up.

that would be like ed quitting pearl jam, and the boys moving forward with scott stapp. it's unthinkable.

and yes, goodbye threads can seem a little self absorbed. the thing is, he isn't doing this for "show" or attention, or going out in a blaze of glory hating on 10club like most of these types of threads are. he's doing it as an honest goodbye so no one is forgotten by individual pm and to let them know where they can find him elsewhere.

i don't fault you for your reaction, as it is understandable out of context. just wanted to give you some background info.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^
    Having said all that.
    It would be strange if someone gives their good bye speech and comes back within a year.

• Options
    This thread feels like a big cold and wet warm hand grabbing you in the private parts.
    You don't want it but it's there.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,735
    edited November 2016
    Don't sweat it, friends. I just wanted to make sure we keep in touch. We've done that, we're done here. Nothing to worry about, no buttons to push.

Role dude just needs somebody to be pissed off at.

Note to Role dude: Anger is an energy, man. Learn what that means and then use it well. Slamming me is a waste of that energy. I'm just some old fucker here. Besides, surely you can find a better target than me. Surely!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,629
    First BREXIT, now BLUXIT! What is this world coming to?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

This thread feels like a big cold and wet warm hand grabbing you in the private parts.

You could always just mind your own damn business.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

Just like every one of your posts.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

Good riddance. Your thread that's now been closed was full of hate and started with you. Get over yourself, you're not that important.

I'm not sure it was possible for somebody to be this classless here. Maybe one day (I highly doubt it though) you will have earned the respect of 85% of the people here as Brian has.
    Fair enough. I'm not here to argue man, and I'm definitely not on a band's forum trying earn anyone's respect. I do know that creating a thread where you tell people to fuck off and to fuck themselves in your first post of the thread makes me wary of that individual. Immediately following the close by an admin of that thread they then start a new one saying adios and hoping for open praise when they instead could easily pm the 40 or so people they know and tell them personally they're leaving.

Sorry you took offense to it, as I did to the op's first thread. To his credit, he took what I said and didn't argue with me, as I'm sure he realized he f'd up with the first thread and someone was going to call him out on it.

Anyway, peace to all, I said what I needed to say at the time and I'm over it. I'm sure he's a stand up guy and was just pissed off at the time, just like I was.
    look, I get it. i have bared witness to some of brian's outbursts in the past, and i too have taken him to task for it. but it deserves context. he is incredibly passionate about the earth, our environment, the survival of our species, and the fair treatment of all species, and also what is right for humans in a free society. he has spent an immeasurable amount of time on here talking to the figurative wall, spreading truths about what is really going on, how to better ourselves, our society, our world around us.

he is an incredibly passionate human being, and occasionally, it can get the better of him.

he has hoped for decades that he would get to see progress, real, tangible progress, lead by the leaders we elect, the scientists we respect, and the community at large. that has no happened. not even close to what needs to.

no one in power will give a fuck about conservation until they figure out how to profit from it. and that is painful for someone like brian to be aware of.

while the other thread may have seemed like a childish outburst, it was more a showcasing of the years of frustration coming to boil after the election of the biggest joke of our time, a guy who put a climate change denier at the head of the EPA. he may as well have taken a picture of himself dumping a drum of oil into the ocean with a thumbs up.

that would be like ed quitting pearl jam, and the boys moving forward with scott stapp. it's unthinkable.

and yes, goodbye threads can seem a little self absorbed. the thing is, he isn't doing this for "show" or attention, or going out in a blaze of glory hating on 10club like most of these types of threads are. he's doing it as an honest goodbye so no one is forgotten by individual pm and to let them know where they can find him elsewhere.

i don't fault you for your reaction, as it is understandable out of context. just wanted to give you some background info.
    Got it, didn't realize there was a whole background of positivity here, I just took it for what it was. I don't spend much time here in politics on this forum, I don't know who is who. I tend to hang in the far more volatile unregulated politics forum on a weed growers site which need not be named. Thanks for the history.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    brianlux said:

Don't sweat it, friends. I just wanted to make sure we keep in touch. We've done that, we're done here. Nothing to worry about, no buttons to push.

Role dude just needs somebody to be pissed off at.

Note to Role dude: Anger is an energy, man. Learn what that means and then use it well. Slamming me is a waste of that energy. I'm just some old fucker here. Besides, surely you can find a better target than me. Surely!

Peace and love, all good. No harm no foul hopefully. Hope you have a good day
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Got it, didn't realize there was a whole background of positivity here, I just took it for what it was. I don't spend much time here in politics on this forum, I don't know who is who. I tend to hang in the far more volatile unregulated politics forum on a weed growers site which need not be named. Thanks for the history.
    well I need it named. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

At the end of the day we must ask ourselves
    What does this thread have to do with Politics, current events reasoned debate and discussion - we can all learn something new.
    ?
    It is a strange thread to have on AMT.
    AET perhaps?

^^^
    Having said all that.
    It would be strange if someone gives their good bye speech and comes back within a year.

For someone that thinks this thread is a waste of time, you sure are spending a whole lot of time here. Kind of a text book definition of a troll.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552

well I need it named. :lol:
    Haha, me too! I'd love to check it out!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

Haha! Yes, I laugh so you can laugh too! I have a bad reputation here for saying, "I'm outa here!"

Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal.

I'm only posting this embarrassingly self-centered appearing post so as to give any of you a chance to keep in touch a heads up. If you would like to keep in touch by FB or email or, better yet, by cards and letter, send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing info.

Thanks for all this lively discussion.

Much as this may seem impossible at this point, please try to stop hating each other.

Oh, and please keep the lounge well stocked and the great music there going strong. Thanks!

i get it. i only renew every year because i'm programmed too. anyone know if lobotomies are still allowed?
    I have let mine lapse a few times. My number sucks now. I keep telling myself it won't matter since they:
    a) rarely come to Winnipeg, and
    b) do general admission now anyway
    c) in Canadian dollars, the membership can be close to $70. it's ridiculous.

But if I didn't have these forums, what the fuck would I do at work all day?
    i moved to Texas two years ago so i will basically never see the band again.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
  • Options
    rollings said:

Hahaha

That's awesome.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Keep up the good fight* people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjuVzZQj0U

Truth and words are the power,
    Peace and love the goal.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I'm confused.
    Should I say Adios?
  • Options

I'm confused.
    Should I say Adios?

You could but better yet:

Or if you prefer...

But of course best of all is...