Options

Adios Amigos!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

Haha! Yes, I laugh so you can laugh too! I have a bad reputation here for saying, "I'm outa here!"

Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal.

I'm only posting this embarrassingly self-centered appearing post so as to give any of you a chance to keep in touch a heads up. If you would like to keep in touch by FB or email or, better yet, by cards and letter, send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing info.

Thanks for all this lively discussion.

Much as this may seem impossible at this point, please try to stop hating each other.

Oh, and please keep the lounge well stocked and the great music there going strong. Thanks!

Best of luck ... you're positive input and outlook will be missed around here, especially in some great discussions...

Thanks for the PM, lukin. Hope to see you on FB (all us 10 year old girls are there, haha!).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Brian,
    I will seeya on FB, my friend.
    Hang in there.
    Like Lennon said "Nobody Told me there'd be days like these, Strange Days Indeed!"

Let me know who you go by there so I can friend you there. Thanks! You're wonderful.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited November 2016
    brianlux said:

lolobugg said:

Brian,
    I will seeya on FB, my friend.
    Hang in there.
    Like Lennon said "Nobody Told me there'd be days like these, Strange Days Indeed!"

Let me know who you go by there so I can friend you there. Thanks! You're wonderful.
    It's Logan. Pretty sure we are already friends. but hell I rarely go on there anymore. :lol:
    I will have to check.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Brian, you come off as a well rounded educated man who writes exceptional. I say stay and fight the good fight.
    Mike

Thanks McGruff. We've had our disagreements but I respect you're well considered thoughts and sincerity. You're a good man.

Peace.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Brian, I always appreciated that your posts frequently represented your ability to try and look at things all the way around....and respect the opinions of others. Laughed like hell at the post that got shut down and although I didn't agree with everything in it, I love your passion and belief and understood that it came from being angry.

A big thank you the PM sharing in the past and for being the best 'you' that you can be. I'm not on FaceBook but I hope you get more out of that than you currently are getting from here.

Pass the mic, my friend, hope that there will be others to pick up your message.

"If you can feel what I'm feeling then it's a musical masterpiece
    Hear what I'm dealing with then that's cool at least
    What's running through my mind comes through in my walk
    True feelings are shown from the way that I talk and this is me, y'all"

"Be true to yourself and you will never fall!"

Beastie Boys Pass The Mic
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Brian, I always appreciated that your posts frequently represented your ability to try and look at things all the way around....and respect the opinions of others. Laughed like hell at the post that got shut down and although I didn't agree with everything in it, I love your passion and belief and understood that it came from being angry.

A big thank you the PM sharing in the past and for being the best 'you' that you can be. I'm not on FaceBook but I hope you get more out of that than you currently are getting from here.

Pass the mic, my friend, hope that there will be others to pick up your message.

"If you can feel what I'm feeling then it's a musical masterpiece
    Hear what I'm dealing with then that's cool at least
    What's running through my mind comes through in my walk
    True feelings are shown from the way that I talk and this is me, y'all"

"Be true to yourself and you will never fall!"

Beastie Boys Pass The Mic

I don't like me when I'm that pissed off but this is one of those times I said what I had to say. Trump fans don't seem to recognize the shit storm this election is leading to and the harm to bully victims and the planet.

Great Beasties quote, man! Thanks so much!

Peace.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    WHAT????

Well, you've got my number so of course we'll keep in touch. Sad to see you go, though, I will miss you. :bawling:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Oh, and feel free to Big Bank Hank and come back in a month.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016

:rofl:

(Yes, please)
  • Options
    See you on the flipside
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,512
    If its for the music, i can understand..but for the other thing no..you seem smart enough to doing this Brian..
    anyway, it was a plaisir to read some of your posts..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Free said:

WHAT????

Well, you've got my number so of course we'll keep in touch. Sad to see you go, though, I will miss you. :bawling:

No worries- we'll keep in touch for sure! Thanks for fighting the good fight!

• Options

Maybe some day, F Me. Not soon though. Thanks for the thought though. :smile:

• Options

See you on the flipside

You bet Stickman!

Peace.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

If its for the music, i can understand..but for the other thing no..you seem smart enough to doing this Brian..
    anyway, it was a plaisir to read some of your posts..

Thank you scidoo. It's been a pleasure!

Peace

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited November 2016
    Yo Brian, I can understand your feelings on things in the country and this forum. Just keep in mind this will past and we all will deal with the direction this country will go. As long as we all here are 6 feet above ground and living rather well all things will be fine. Another thing the reversal of you may feel now many were feeling in 2008, yet they have survived and are here today. The same will be in our future as well.

My membership is up in January and I always go through a few weeks as to whether to return or not however I have so far. It's a nice board break which we all need from time to time. I just hope that you may do the same, I enjoy your veteran opinions on things happening to mother earth it keeps me in check when i may tend to slip up. So good luck Brian we've lost many others in the past I hope though you will return.

Peace my brother.
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    You'll be missed, Brian. I hope you reconsider...but if not, best wishes to you!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    We will miss you, best wishes to you and take care. I hope you'll come back !
  • Options
    g under p said:

Yo Brian, I can understand your feelings on things in the country and this forum. Just keep in mind this will past and we all will deal with the direction this country will go. As long as we all here are 6 feet above ground and living rather well all things will fine. Another thing the reversal of you may feel now many were feeling in 2008, yet they have survived and are here today. The same will be in our future as well.

My membership is up in January and I always go through a few weeks as to whether to return or not however I have so far. It's a nice board break which we all need from time to time. I just hope that you may do the same, I enjoy your veteran opinions things happening to mother earth it keeps me in check when i may tend to slip up. So good luck Brian we've lost many others in the past I hope though you will return.

Peace my brother.

Thank you so much G. You are wonderful!

I have to go. The energy of my anger is too negative here. It's bad for my physical and mental health and completely nonconstructive. My closed thread say exactly how I feel and it's not like me to be so hateful. I can't do this any more.

Thanks for being the fine soul you are.

Peace,

Brian

• Options
    mfc2006 said:

You'll be missed, Brian. I hope you reconsider...but if not, best wishes to you!

Maybe some years down the road, mfc.

You're a good soul. I've enjoyed your posts here and elsewhere immensely.

Peace.

• Options
    Annafalk said:

Thank you Annafalk. You are wonderful. One of my extended family "kids" is in Sweden going to University. She tells us that the Swedes are wondering what it is with the numbers 9 and 11 here in the U.S. 9/11 and 11/9!

Peace to you Anna.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    much love friend
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Take care Brian. You are one of the reasonable ones when defending your positions (ignoring your more recent post - ha).
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Take care Bri! Always enjoyed reading your posts as you almost always spoke with rational thought and had a positive vibe. I don't have facebook so maybe, hopefully, someday I'll see ya back here.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Keep all those NoCal hippies in line, sir!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    Be well you will missed around here , I'm on faceturd once I a while I'll look you up ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I have learned so much from you and your love and devotion to this planet, Brian. I will miss reading about your passions. I became a better and more educated person about the world around us because of you.

Best of luck to you, my friend.

Paul.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    brianlux said:

Annafalk said:

Thank you Annafalk. You are wonderful. One of my extended family "kids" is in Sweden going to University. She tells us that the Swedes are wondering what it is with the numbers 9 and 11 here in the U.S. 9/11 and 11/9!

Peace to you Anna.
    That's great :) I hope she has a good time here !

Thank you for the kind words.
    Peace to you !
  • Options
    Jesus Christ people.
    He's not dying.
    He's going to faceturd.
    That's all.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Jesus Christ people.
    He's not dying.
    He's going to faceturd.