Options

Adios Amigos!

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    DAMMIT, B! YOU CAN'T HANDLE A CAGE!!!

you can't paddle to new zealand ... can u?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78s7DO5eehQ

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Jason P said:

Holy shitballs JP, you just busted out some of the best clips in cinematonic history!!! Well played…. "Utah, get me 2"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    Jason P said:

Sorry Jason, "gotta go down. It's gotta be that way!" 10 days my man.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ^^^
    10 days left until you say goodbye.
    It has felt like 100.
    Did I mention the zero key sticks on my keyboard?
  • Options
    Can't you renew your membership just to post book recommendations? :) I suppose that's too much to ask, but you have excellent taste in books, my friend. And I don't trust just anybody with that oh-so-sacred mission.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,290
    I very rarely post on the Train but I'm glad I spotted this thread. We've only really traded comments in Other Music (usually about Uncle Neil and Dino!) but it's a real shame you're heading outta here. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, I'll miss your outlook on things.
    Take care, and maybe we'll see you back here one day down the line...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited November 2016
    And clearly you know how to push PJ fan's buttons... :plus_one: brianlux, that is.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    goldrush said:

I very rarely post on the Train but I'm glad I spotted this thread. We've only really traded comments in Other Music (usually about Uncle Neil and Dino!) but it's a real shame you're heading outta here. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, I'll miss your outlook on things.
    Take care, and maybe we'll see you back here one day down the line...

Thanks goldrush- always enjoy your Other Music posts! I expire here 11/24. I'll probably come back next year but need a break, a new username, new outlook on life in this new era. Meanwhile will enjoy some troll-free living.

Peace and long live Neil, long live Dino!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited November 2016
    mr. lux mr. lux mr. brian
    i get agitated around here often. it's ok. it's ok to take breaks as well. sometimes i don't even sit down at the computer for what could be a week or more. take your break, regroup, renew your membership & go easy does it awhile. no facebook for me. we'll be in contact i'm sure of it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

mr. lux mr. lux mr. brian
    i get agitated around here often. it's ok. it's ok to take breaks as well. sometimes i don't even sit down at the computer for what could be a week or more. take your break, regroup, renew your membership & go easy does it awhile. no facebook for me. we'll be in contact i'm sure of it

Thank you Sir Chadwick! Big hugs big guy!

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Brian DE-Lux!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Brian DE-Lux!!!!

HiHiBugg!

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    brianlux said:

Haha! Yes, I laugh so you can laugh too! I have a bad reputation here for saying, "I'm outa here!"

Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal.

I'm only posting this embarrassingly self-centered appearing post so as to give any of you a chance to keep in touch a heads up. If you would like to keep in touch by FB or email or, better yet, by cards and letter, send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing info.

Thanks for all this lively discussion.

Much as this may seem impossible at this point, please try to stop hating each other.

Oh, and please keep the lounge well stocked and the great music there going strong. Thanks!

i get it. i only renew every year because i'm programmed too. anyone know if lobotomies are still allowed?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

Haha! Yes, I laugh so you can laugh too! I have a bad reputation here for saying, "I'm outa here!"

Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal.

I'm only posting this embarrassingly self-centered appearing post so as to give any of you a chance to keep in touch a heads up. If you would like to keep in touch by FB or email or, better yet, by cards and letter, send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing info.

Much as this may seem impossible at this point, please try to stop hating each other.

Oh, and please keep the lounge well stocked and the great music there going strong. Thanks!

i get it. i only renew every year because i'm programmed too. anyone know if lobotomies are still allowed?
    I have let mine lapse a few times. My number sucks now. I keep telling myself it won't matter since they:
    a) rarely come to Winnipeg, and
    b) do general admission now anyway
    c) in Canadian dollars, the membership can be close to $70. it's ridiculous.

But if I didn't have these forums, what the fuck would I do at work all day?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

I have let mine lapse a few times. My number sucks now. I keep telling myself it won't matter since they:

Maybe work?? Just kidding work is for suckers..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

Ha! I downgraded to digital this year. As you say, the analog membership was just out of hand in terms of price for Canadians. $20 USD a year is definitely worth just the forum for me, but I wouldn't want to give up the opportunity to enter the ticket lottery either. in case they do announce a show I want to go to. That would be dumb, just to save $20 USD a year. I'm not THAT cheap, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

Ha! I downgraded to digital this year. As you say, the analog membership was just out of hand in terms of price for Canadians. $20 USD a year is definitely worth just the forum for me, but I wouldn't want to give up the opportunity to enter the ticket lottery either. in case they do announce a show I want to go to. That would be dumb, just to save $20 USD a year. I'm not THAT cheap, lol.
    they play van or close to van a lot more frequently than Winnipeg, so while the ticket thing stays on my mind, it's probably less on my mind than yours. I find it stupid to pay $20USD for nothing more than posting on the internet. I'm constantly on a back and forth with myself to just unplug altogether, as to me (not judging anyone else), it's a ridiculous waste of time. at least with the analog, you get the "stuff", but I could get the "stuff" for about half the price on ebay! LOL. remember when it used to cost more on secondary sites???
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

they play van or close to van a lot more frequently than Winnipeg, so while the ticket thing stays on my mind, it's probably less on my mind than yours. I find it stupid to pay $20USD for nothing more than posting on the internet. I'm constantly on a back and forth with myself to just unplug altogether, as to me (not judging anyone else), it's a ridiculous waste of time. at least with the analog, you get the "stuff", but I could get the "stuff" for about half the price on ebay! LOL. remember when it used to cost more on secondary sites???
    I actually don't consider how often they come to town as a factor. I have traveled to shows - even if they never came here or near here again, I'd still want the option to buy a ticket for somewhere, if it's only $20 USD a year. You never know when some cool show is announced, and for some reason it makes sense to drive across a couple of states to attend it, or fly out to it because you have enough airmiles, etc etc. So basically, $20 USD is well worth me being able to think "you never know". Plus yeah, I need to post here during downtimes at work, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

I actually don't consider how often they come to town as a factor. I have traveled to shows - even if they never came here or near here again, I'd still want the option to buy a ticket for somewhere, if it's only $20 USD a year. You never know when some cool show is announced, and for some reason it makes sense to drive across a couple of states to attend it, or fly out to it because you have enough airmiles, etc etc. So basically, $20 USD is well worth me being able to think "you never know". Plus yeah, I need to post here during downtimes at work, lol.
    it's rare i have money to travel to shows. only ones I can really afford is ones that are driveable, and even then, no major centre outside of Winnipeg for 6-8 hours in each direction. it's brutal.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

it's rare i have money to travel to shows. only ones I can really afford is ones that are driveable, and even then, no major centre outside of Winnipeg for 6-8 hours in each direction. it's brutal.
    Yeah, but still.... "What if?" and "you never know". ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

brianlux said:

Yeah, but still.... "What if?" and "you never know". ;)
    I know. I know. it would be me that would cancel my membership and then they announce a cross canada tour the following summer.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I admittedly have not yet purchased the last album, but I continue to be a member because of my number.

Of which is not as low as it used to be, but they wouldn't give me the grace period when I was late on a payment many moons ago. That number would probably be one of the lowest active.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited November 2016

Good riddance. Your thread that's now been closed was full of hate and started with you. Get over yourself, you're not that important.

Go back to the cave you came out of you monkey !!
    Okay, before we totally mob up on this guy...I think he may have had a newborn come into his life recently, and it may be the sleep deprivation talking. Are you the poster that I am thinking of or was that someone else, RoleModels?
    Yeah I just had a baby a little bit ago so I'm definitely super sleep deprived. Either way though the op deserved to get something back his way.

1-I'm on a ton of other forums most of which are less regulated than here and you're never allowed to make a goodbye thread, mostly because they're always self serving, look at me threads which devolve into back forth internet drama and bs.
    2- dude created a thread like two days before this one where he told people to fuck themselves and to fuck off and all
    kinds of garbage, and then follows it up with this one which mentions all the hate on the forum and how he needs to take a break. Basically lost his shit from the election and verbal diarrhea'd the forum with nastiness and hate, and then expected people to pat him on the back all like "oh we'll miss you, sweet little guy, take care, come back soon, honey!"

I just wanted to tell the dude straight up that behaving like a 5 year old on the internet by creating a goodbye thread after making a fool of himself two days earlier for all to see wasn't going to fly with me. Seen it too many times before.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Okay. Didn't know about what happened in the other thread. Just know Brian has always been nice to me and I will miss him. Congratulations on the new baby.
  • Options
    We won't see eye to eye on some topics, but we always had lively debates. I agree with chadwick, regroup and re-register sometime next year brian. Hope to see you back here someday.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Good riddance. Your thread that's now been closed was full of hate and started with you. Get over yourself, you're not that important.

I'm not sure it was possible for somebody to be this classless here. Maybe one day (I highly doubt it though) you will have earned the respect of 85% of the people here as Brian has.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

I'm not sure it was possible for somebody to be this classless here. Maybe one day (I highly doubt it though) you will have earned the respect of 85% of the people here as Brian has.
    Fair enough. I'm not here to argue man, and I'm definitely not on a band's forum trying earn anyone's respect. I do know that creating a thread where you tell people to fuck off and to fuck themselves in your first post of the thread makes me wary of that individual. Immediately following the close by an admin of that thread they then start a new one saying adios and hoping for open praise when they instead could easily pm the 40 or so people they know and tell them personally they're leaving.

Sorry you took offense to it, as I did to the op's first thread. To his credit, he took what I said and didn't argue with me, as I'm sure he realized he f'd up with the first thread and someone was going to call him out on it.

Anyway, peace to all, I said what I needed to say at the time and I'm over it. I'm sure he's a stand up guy and was just pissed off at the time, just like I was.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Fair enough. I'm not here to argue man, and I'm definitely not on a band's forum trying earn anyone's respect. I do know that creating a thread where you tell people to fuck off and to fuck themselves in your first post of the thread makes me wary of that individual. Immediately following the close by an admin of that thread they then start a new one saying adios and hoping for open praise when they instead could easily pm the 40 or so people they know and tell them personally they're leaving.

Sorry you took offense to it, as I did to the op's first thread. To his credit, he took what I said and didn't argue with me, as I'm sure he realized he f'd up with the first thread and someone was going to call him out on it.

Anyway, peace to all, I said what I needed to say at the time and I'm over it. I'm sure he's a stand up guy and was just pissed off at the time, just like I was.
    You have no clue.

But please...feel free to hate on, criticize, and get super offended all the while attempt to offer peace at the end. What a basket case.
  • Options
    Free said:

You have no clue.

But please...feel free to hate on, criticize, and get super offended all the while attempt to offer peace at the end. What a basket case.
    Hi, and who are you?