Options

America is fucked

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

PJ_Soul said:

It's so funny to see how triggered you all are. I would worry about the fact that America is clearly divided in two parts. You seek fights with your own folk, remember what Obama said, first of all, you are Americans. In the end, everyone is the same. Regardless of opinion. You should not be so easily touched by one opinion of the other side. Acting like little kids now. Look out for a civil war everyone.

Didn't you just say that you won't even reply to Trump fans? Hey, I'm on your side when it comes to the feelings of disgust, but you can't really say what you just said while you also said you refuse to even engage with those who don't hold the same opinion as you..... Just sayin'.
    I am sorry of this. I didn't mean to provoke Trump fans in anyway. But some always react so aggressive if you share a different opinon. I'm sure that there are loads of them as well who behave well and are good in their hearts. I over exaggerated here and I take back those words. Sorry.
    Hey, it's tough here in the AMT - probably best used relatively sobre... or not. :lol: I think a lot of people are emotional today, for good reason. Don't feel bad about that (even though some think you should).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's so funny to see how triggered you all are. I would worry about the fact that America is clearly divided in two parts. You seek fights with your own folk, remember what Obama said, first of all, you are Americans. In the end, everyone is the same. Regardless of opinion. You should not be so easily touched by one opinion of the other side. Acting like little kids now. Look out for a civil war everyone.

Didn't you just say that you won't even reply to Trump fans? Hey, I'm on your side when it comes to the feelings of disgust, but you can't really say what you just said while you also said you refuse to even engage with those who don't hold the same opinion as you..... Just sayin'.
    I am sorry of this. I didn't mean to provoke Trump fans in anyway. But some always react so aggressive if you share a different opinon. I'm sure that there are loads of them as well who behave well and are good in their hearts. I over exaggerated here and I take back those words. Sorry.
    Hey, it's tough here in the AMT - probably best used relatively sobre... or not. :lol: I think a lot of people are emotional today, for good reason. Don't feel bad about that (even though some think you should).
    Sounds like not sober is the better option ;).
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Only if you can manage not to contradict yourself. We're always watching. :lol:

;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Only if you can manage not to contradict yourself. We're always watching. :lol:

;)
    Always good to have a big brother at your side. :)
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    JimmyV said:

Trump
    Trump voters
    Trump enablers
    Hillary Clinton
    The DNC
    The Democratic Party
    The media

Just a partial list of those who are deserving of our scorn and contempt this morning.

THIS
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Almost forgot Vlady....Americas new BFF

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEWXseLRlI
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Putin likely thinks he can play Trump with about as much ease as he could do it with a 6 year old. He probably still hasn't stopped laughing. Kim Jong Un is probably pretty excited too. There is finally POTUS who he can likely just call on the phone and chat with... and maybe bribe him with some ladies from his own personal prostitute pool.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJ_Soul said:

Putin likely thinks he can play Trump with about as much ease as he could do it with a 6 year old. He probably still hasn't stopped laughing. Kim Jong Un is probably pretty excited too. There is finally POTUS who he can likely just call on the phone and chat with... and maybe bribe him with some ladies from his own personal prostitute pool.

overreaction from the north?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I don't think he necessarily think he can play with him but I do think he now feel as though the strongest military in the world is now his ally. We'll be on assad's side in no time
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    We heard from a young family member who is a teacher. Today she was working with a young boy today who is Hispanic but also a U.S. citizen. The boy was harassed at school today by some little shithead bullies who told him, "Go back to where you came from. Immigration is coming to take you away."

Woot America. Way to fucking go.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:

We heard from a young family member who is a teacher. Today she was working with a young boy today who is Hispanic but also a U.S. citizen. The boy was harassed at school today by some little shithead bullies who told him, "Go back to where you came from. Immigration is coming to take you away."

Ugh. My cousin is a high school teacher, and here's what he posted today:
    "In addition to teaching history, I teach a class of 10th grade English that has 6 Mexican American boys in it. We spent the entire period talking about the election. One of those boys looked me square in the eye and asked if he was going to be deported. After a long discussion about citizenship and campaign rhetoric and the impracticality of mass deportations, I hope he felt a little better. But there were still tears in his eyes.
    It was like this all day. I felt helpless."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    brianlux said:

What colour were the bullies?
    Pretty sure this stuff happens w/ or w/out Trump as POTUS.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

brianlux said:

What colour were the bullies?
    Pretty sure this stuff happens w/ or w/out Trump as POTUS.
    Seriously, you need to get a grip on reality. People are actually influenced by other people, in particular aggressive people. When an aggressive intolerant person who is anti-immigrant and spews prejudice about immigrants, the bigoted bully, whatever their age is, takes this as affirmation and validation that what they think is right. This then effects their behavior.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited November 2016
    brianlux said:

A friends daughters bestfriend was harassed today at a university in California by frat boys because of the colour of her skin (brown). Screamed at her to go back home. She was a 4th generation American. First time this has ever happened to her.
  • Options
    ^^^
    My question was directed to the OP.
    So in one day these little bullies on the playground all of a sudden became enraged and validated because of Trump?
  • Options

It's so funny to see how triggered you all are. I would worry about the fact that America is clearly divided in two parts. You seek fights with your own folk, remember what Obama said, first of all, you are Americans. In the end, everyone is the same. Regardless of opinion. You should not be so easily touched by one opinion of the other side. Acting like little kids now. Look out for a civil war everyone. The only thing I said is: Fans should not fight with each other about their political opinion. Only thing I added is: remember that your opinion isn't the one of the band you claim to love. And look at the reactions.

If you haven't seen it already.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhFGO8R7aU
    From 3:10- 3:25 sums up what the typical non-working class elite would say to entice viewers.
    The working class is listening to politics and they have a voice.
    The corporate American elite all round are being challenged right now and they don't like it.
    Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining.
    Colbert is not for the people unless he is on TV.
  • Options

^^^
    So in one day these little bullies on the playground all of a sudden became enraged and validated because of Trump?

Maybe you're right and this will all occur at the same rate as before. But to answer your question, them and one or both of their parents have become validated because of trump. I guess this is another 'wait and see what happens' because of trump. I suppose if there's an increase in hate crimes you'll just call into question the source of the data.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016

^^^

Maybe you're right and this will all occur at the same rate as before. But to answer your question, them and one or both of their parents have become validated because of trump. I guess this is another 'wait and see what happens' because of trump. I suppose if there's an increase in hate crimes you'll just call into question the source of the data.
    Their parents yes absolutely.
    Hate is passed down.
    Those little bullies in question can still be saved.
    Having said that, Trump is not their enabler. At some point you choose whether to hate or not anymore.
    Dare I say like when you give up your religious belief that was passed on to you?
  • Options
    Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    Make America Great Again we will

WOOT!

Walk with me. Or, just watch from the forums
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Completely fucked. But Trump was duly elected and deserves the chance to prove our skepticism wrong. I don't have any reason to believe he will but I still hope he surprises us.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

^^^

Hate is passed down.
    Having said that, Trump is not their enabler. At some point you choose whether to hate or not anymore.
    Dare I say like when you give up your religious belief that was passed on to you?
    So your response is concern for the bullies?

Trump is validating this behaviour by flaming hate against immigrants. When you have the president of the united states calling brown people rapists and murderers, young people follow suit. You seem to forget the influence national leaders have on kids.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Illegal immigrants
    Duh
  • Options

^^^

Hate is passed down.
    Trump is absolutely their enabler. I'm just going to take your state of a denial as a manifestation of the shock and disbelief millions are feeling right now.
  • Options
    Time to grab America by the pussy!
  • Options
    Fun watching you all squirm
    So much fun

You should embrace a stronger America but you will probably be left on the sidelines for lack of participation.

Oh well, only two tenderloins on a steer.
  • Options
    ^^^
    He voiced concern about illegal immigrants for one.
    He didn't call brown people rapists and murderers.
    We don't know what his influence will have on kids as a national leader yet until he takes office.
  • Options

^^^
    We don't know what his influence will have on kids as a national leader yet until he takes office.

Really? We have to wait until January to hold out on what it means when someone says they're going to "go trump on your ass"?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

^^^

He said mexico sends rapists and murderers.
    He said he wants to deport all muslims.
    He is the president elect that has been campaigning for 18 months on hate and fear. You think he magically will have influence only when he takes office? Do you have any idea the demographic that uses twitter? Do you not think that racists look to people in power to validate their hate?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    They do
    Not all but they do

Smarty pants, show me where he said he wanted to deport all Muslims?

Can't.
    Now go to your room.
  • Options
    Walk with me

What the hell do you have to lose?

Lol

Woot
This discussion has been closed.