FBI to reopen investigation of Clinton

1234568»

Comments

• ^^^
    Dial what back?
    Election day is approaching and Hillary will be POTUS.
  • BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Why do people still use email — or at least not secure it?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/email-hillary-clinton-technology-1.3816903

I'm concerned about the security of this fan forum. Somebody spammed it last night with a bunch of ridiculous threads. It's like one scary Black Mirror episode.
    These fourms have been on a downward spiral for a while ... but all those threads this morning....hahaha, unfortunately.
    So last week we had a member openly wish for Muslim gays to die of AIDS and for an earthquake to kill all the "libtards" in California, and apparently that's all rosy with the mods. No bars, not even a "we're big on respect here - please don't wish death on anyone". Then a member opens a bunch of threads, some political, some just goofing around, none of which wish death on anyone, and gets banned. Poof. That seems proportional to you? We're all okay with that?
    Wow, Halifax got banned? That's fuckin' bullshit.

Not to mention a poster who makes an antisemitic comment almost every other post, that gets a pass.

And another who a couple days ago was complaining about the watering down of the white race, no problem, nothing to see here, continue on.

Shake my head.
    Many of us are on our last strike. Halifax has been instigating and calling people names for a very long time. He called someone stupid a few days back. No one reported him. It seems he was over doing it, consistently.

So stop playing the victim. You're defending someone who was abusing the rules, just like you are with Clinton.
    He called someone stupid.
    I hope he didn't hurt their feelings. People spew all sorts of hateful stuff and we worry about 2nd grade insults. I join the questioning as to how name calling is worse than being a walking pile of garbage to other people or in the case cited from last week, an entire generalized grouping of people.
    I'm not ok with that, but that is inconsequential since I don't set the rules here.
    My interpretation could be wrong but I got the impression that Halifax put up a defense for Rssesq yesterday. He then proceeded to lose it with the thread flood. I think the Comey thing got to him. Everyone needs to dial it back a bit as election day approaches. Tough times are ahead regardless of who wins and people going at each other's throats won't make things any easier.
    I don't disagree at all with what you end with there....some good thoughts.
    My thoughts in banning people is not just restricted to Faxxxi or that example if someone sharing hateful ideas here.
    But i like what you share relative to how we need to work together when Clinton wins. ;)
    (Never ever thought I would be happier if she won than the Republican nominee...but then that person became DJ Trump)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942

^^^
    Dial what back?

So freak out and panic?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2016

BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm concerned about the security of this fan forum. Somebody spammed it last night with a bunch of ridiculous threads. It's like one scary Black Mirror episode.
    These fourms have been on a downward spiral for a while ... but all those threads this morning....hahaha, unfortunately.
    So last week we had a member openly wish for Muslim gays to die of AIDS and for an earthquake to kill all the "libtards" in California, and apparently that's all rosy with the mods. No bars, not even a "we're big on respect here - please don't wish death on anyone". Then a member opens a bunch of threads, some political, some just goofing around, none of which wish death on anyone, and gets banned. Poof. That seems proportional to you? We're all okay with that?

Not to mention a poster who makes an antisemitic comment almost every other post, that gets a pass.

And another who a couple days ago was complaining about the watering down of the white race, no problem, nothing to see here, continue on.

Shake my head.
    Many of us are on our last strike. Halifax has been instigating and calling people names for a very long time. He called someone stupid a few days back. No one reported him. It seems he was over doing it, consistently.

So stop playing the victim. You're defending someone who was abusing the rules, just like you are with Clinton.
    I hope he didn't hurt their feelings. People spew all sorts of hateful stuff and we worry about 2nd grade insults. I join the questioning as to how name calling is worse than being a walking pile of garbage to other people or in the case cited from last week, an entire generalized grouping of people.
    I'm not ok with that, but that is inconsequential since I don't set the rules here.
    My interpretation could be wrong but I got the impression that Halifax put up a defense for Rssesq yesterday. He then proceeded to lose it with the thread flood. I think the Comey thing got to him. Everyone needs to dial it back a bit as election day approaches. Tough times are ahead regardless of who wins and people going at each other's throats won't make things any easier.
    I don't disagree at all with what you end with there....some good thoughts.
    My thoughts in banning people is not just restricted to Faxxxi or that example if someone sharing hateful ideas here.
    But i like what you share relative to how we need to work together when Clinton wins. ;)
    (Never ever thought I would be happier if she won than the Republican nominee...but then that person became DJ Trump)

Ha. That isn't exactly what I said but if it makes you feel better then sure. We're in for tough times globally regardless of who wins. I'm talking war and economic calamity...my glass is half empty and/or half full of shit on these issues. Add on top of that the winner is guaranteed to have half the population hate her/him. One person is considered to be a racist and a rapist while the other will have an FBI investigation hanging over her head for her entire first term and will likely be the subject of impeachment proceedings. Tough times ahead so let's dial it back.
  • ^^^
    Dial what back?

So freak out and panic?
    Listen.
    I know at times people have thought I actually support Trump and oh boy have I paid the price.
    I just wanted to get a feel of what liberal hate feels like is all.
    So, I digress, Hillary will be a great POTUS.

^^^
    Dial what back?

So freak out and panic?
    Listen.
    I know at times people have thought I actually support Trump and oh boy have I paid the price.
    I just wanted to get a feel of what liberal hate feels like is all.
    So, I digress, Hillary will be a great POTUS.
    How would tou summarize your experience of liberal hate?
  • ^^^
    This thread is going down.
    Is that succinct enough?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Me, not OK with that in any way.
    I am very sad to read about the ban - didn't know until right now. Anyone know if it's permanent??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

I am very sad to read about the ban - didn't know until right now. Anyone know if it's permanent??
    I'm guessing a 60 day ban.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Hope it's that at the most.

I just don't get how some really fucked up shit gets a pass, continually. Others, nope. Out.
    edited October 2016
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

I just don't get how some really fucked up shit gets a pass, continually. Others, nope. Out.
    I hear ya. I mean, at the same time, we know what's going on around here and make choices, so......... :willshrug: (blast from the past). I can't even guess at how many times I have held back to avoid being banned, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

I hope that's all. The banned member and I have STRONGLY disagreed in some things here on AMT but that makes that person no less a friend. OK, so things got carried away last night. I don't see the harm. I see it as venting- yes maybe even venting to the max but what harm came of it.

Damn it, I have to soul search again.

Esta indecision me molesta
    Si no quieres librame
    Digame que tengo ser
    Sabes que ropa me queda
    Me tienes que decir
    Me debo ir o quedarme?

Good question Mr. Strummer.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Love the Clash.

Love the Clash.

:plus_one:

So glad I went to see those guys. Joe was in a pissy mood and the S.F. crowd was egging him on. He flipped us all off with a loud F*** YOU ALL and cranked it up a few more notches. Outstanding!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.

Unlikely, I think, for the bolded bit, but who knows.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Wow, my man H2M started 34 threads, most 1 word titles!
    This fbi thing is interesting, I'm guessing this is diversion and that nothing will come of from the new information.
    Prob equivalent to a warning instead of a ticket or something that we already knew, Hilliary passed TS info using her private server.
    Damn tongue is practically bleeding from biting it so much.

There is not one single person here I wish a ban on. Not a one, fuckers!

edited October 2016
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

I hope that's all. The banned member and I have STRONGLY disagreed in some things here on AMT but that makes that person no less a friend. OK, so things got carried away last night. I don't see the harm. I see it as venting- yes maybe even venting to the max but what harm came of it.

Si no quieres librame
    Digame que tengo ser
    Sabes que ropa me queda
    Me tienes que decir
    Me debo ir o quedarme?

I don't think I even would have noticed if people hadn't been talking about it. I slept in, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Si no quieres librame
    Digame que tengo ser
    Sabes que ropa me queda
    Me tienes que decir
    Me debo ir o quedarme?

I don't think I even would have noticed if people hadn't been talking about it. I slept in, lol.
    Yeah, I got home from working and of the sudden I read these posts. That caught me off guard. Never would have thought.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

From what I have seen in my few years here, it's about rules and intent. We have all seen disgusting, openly racist, anti-Semitic, bigoted etc etc comments go without moderation...why? Because they are the sincere feelings of those posting them. There are no rules that say you can't be a shitty person.
    There are, however, rules about getting too personal, trolling, and spamming the boards, among others.
    Halifax was clearly spamming.

I really hope the ban is temporary, it sucks to think that he could be gone because of 1 bad night of posting, in which he wasn't nearly so shitty as some people are here.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.

Unlikely, I think, for the bolded bit, but who knows.
    You could be right so I shouldn't just toss out an accusation but I had trouble unpacking one of his comments where he used sarcasm in discussing the laying of blame for the world's problems on muslims vs jews. My understanding of his little throw away line (which could be totally wrong) is "People are giving one guy (rssesq?) a hard time for blaming jews when I see people on the forum blaming muslims for things all the time." I guess that interpretation is not a full throated defense of Rssesq previous anti-semetic remarks but it came off to me as, at a minimum, a criticism of people's reaction to those remarks. Again I could be reading it wrong but it left with the impression of a defense for Rssesq.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

No kidding. :how_interesting:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

No kidding. :how_interesting:
    Sure hope that's not implying I often say some really fucked up shit.

*insert laughing at someone emoticon*

Either way, thanks, pot!

(speaking of which, might as well commence Sunday's wake & bake)
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.
    Totally unfair someone would get a pass and someone else gets banned for much less. Total BS.
    Kinda reminds me of a story where this woman got arrested for simply lying to FBI and had to pay $50,000 bail to be released. This actually happens all the time.
    Then someone else gets a free pass when they not only lie to FBI, but also destroy evidence after a subpoena was ordered to hand it over. Then new evidence arises and her supporters cry out it is unfair that they actually read the new evidence before giving her another free pass. I agree, free passes are total BS. No one should get them.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Posters can gang up on others, nothing happens. Posters use passive aggression, nothing happens. Posters take things personal, then get personal on others, nothing happens. Halifax spams and the hammer comes down.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

Posters can gang up on others, nothing happens. Posters use passive aggression, nothing happens. Posters take things personal, then get personal on others, nothing happens. Halifax spams and the hammer comes down.

:lol:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    edited October 2016
    Thread closed for review on Monday. Do not gossip about other members....especially when you don't know what is happening. Thank you.

And...if you know of comments that need to be flagged so we can take a look at them, FLAG them please. Thank you again.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.