FBI to reopen investigation of Clinton

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    BS44325 said:

The FBI chief said in his letter to Congress he "cannot yet assess whether or not this material may significant, and I cannot predict how long it will take us to complete this additional work".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37805525?

Correct but why say anything at this time at all? It's a very strange press release considering how close it is to election day. Is he warning the democrats? Is he warning the public? He could have done this in silence. It leaves the suggestion that it might get ugly.
    consider his position. damned if you do , damned if you dont.
    had he not made the disclosure of the potential, if later it was found relevant ,what would have been said? coverup.
    erred on the side of transparent impartiality.

I think he could have been a little clearer in the language used.
    shame on the media for inflating what is going on or more to the point what isnt.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Speaking of rigged election and voter fraud, as one does, the only case of voter fraud being reported so far is from a Trump voter who tried to vote twice in advance polls because she was sure that those evil Dems were going to change her vote .....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why do people still use email — or at least not secure it?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/email-hillary-clinton-technology-1.3816903

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    lukin2006 said:

I still send cards and letter! :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    lukin2006 said:

I'm concerned about the security of this fan forum. Somebody spammed it last night with a bunch of ridiculous threads. It's like one scary Black Mirror episode.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    ... steal a lot and they make you queen.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm concerned about the security of this fan forum. Somebody spammed it last night with a bunch of ridiculous threads. It's like one scary Black Mirror episode.
  • BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

I didn't think I posted that much last night :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Oh my God, I just started binge watching black mirror last night. So good!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    So it appears that Huma is probably screwed...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/29/huma-abedin-swore-under-oath-she-gave-up-all-the-devices-containing-state-department-emails.html

Hard to know whether this will involve Hillary on a larger level and I can't imagine Huma would cut a deal that throws Hillay under the bus. It's crazy that Bill's infidelity has always dogged Hillary and now Weiner's infidelity is doing the same. Talk about a war on women.
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Oh my God, I just started binge watching black mirror last night. So good!!
    Yes. Some episodes not amazing but overall pretty solid. It appears that the spam threads all got closed so this Black Mirror episode has fortunately come to an end.
    BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

These fourms have been on a downward spiral for a while ... but all those threads this morning....hahaha, unfortunately.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

These fourms have been on a downward spiral for a while ... but all those threads this morning....hahaha, unfortunately.
    So last week we had a member openly wish for Muslim gays to die of AIDS and for an earthquake to kill all the "libtards" in California, and apparently that's all rosy with the mods. No bars, not even a "we're big on respect here - please don't wish death on anyone". Then a member opens a bunch of threads, some political, some just goofing around, none of which wish death on anyone, and gets banned. Poof. That seems proportional to you? We're all okay with that?
  • lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

So last week we had a member openly wish for Muslim gays to die of AIDS and for an earthquake to kill all the "libtards" in California, and apparently that's all rosy with the mods. No bars, not even a "we're big on respect here - please don't wish death on anyone". Then a member opens a bunch of threads, some political, some just goofing around, none of which wish death on anyone, and gets banned. Poof. That seems proportional to you? We're all okay with that?
    So what do you think about the FBI doing this to Hillary?

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Wow, Halifax got banned? That's fuckin' bullshit.

Not to mention a poster who makes an antisemitic comment almost every other post, that gets a pass.

And another who a couple days ago was complaining about the watering down of the white race, no problem, nothing to see here, continue on.

Shake my head.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Not to mention a poster who makes an antisemitic comment almost every other post, that gets a pass.

And another who a couple days ago was complaining about the watering down of the white race, no problem, nothing to see here, continue on.

Shake my head.
    Many of us are on our last strike. Halifax has been instigating and calling people names for a very long time. He called someone stupid a few days back. No one reported him. It seems he was over doing it, consistently.

So stop playing the victim. You're defending someone who was abusing the rules, just like you are with Clinton.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Me, not OK with that in any way.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.
    Also shaking head. ???

And back to the thread, WTF was Comey doing? Is he acting for the FBI or some sort of lone wolf?

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

So where in my statement did I say I condone those statements or said it seems proportional? Maybe I include all of what you said in my statement as well, I was just generalizing...

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

So where in my statement did I say I condone those statements or said it seems proportional? Maybe I include all of what you said in my statement as well, I was just generalizing...
    You didn't, and I didn't mean to imply you did. Was just carrying on the conversation on that topic.
    tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.
    Many of us are on our last strike. Halifax has been instigating and calling people names for a very long time. He called someone stupid a few days back. No one reported him. It seems he was over doing it, consistently.

So stop playing the victim. You're defending someone who was abusing the rules, just like you are with Clinton.
    You insult, bait and call people names all the time and when someone gives it back you whine victim. I have been navigating these boards for over 10 years without a warning, so please, spare me the lecture.

I, like Clinton, know how to bend the rules, without breaking them.

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited October 2016
    dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.

You insult, bait and call people names all the time and when someone gives it back you whine victim. I have been navigating these boards for over 10 years without a warning, so please, spare me the lecture.

Whine? About what exactly? I could give two shits about insults.
    You're the one making the post. I'm simply stating the facts and reality.
    I could careless how long you've been around here. not sure why the f that even matters in this case.

Bend rules? Is that why she's under investigation by the FBI for a second time. You're defending a goddam politician as if it were your reality. Get over it.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    I prefer the bigots to stick around as long as they don't get too far out there. I like to know their thinking and feelings about things, because I don't have direct contact with them in my outside life. I mean, how many people do you know that are worried about the white race being watered down? They represent a group in our society that's out there, so the more I know what's up with them, the more I know about people in our country as a whole.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.

I could careless how long you've been around here. not sure why the f that even matters in this case.

Bend rules? Is that why she's under investigation by the FBI for a second time. You're defending a goddam politician as if it were your reality. Get over it.
    Not a second time. A case that was never officially closed had new information come available and its being reviewed.
    tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.

Like Ledvedderman pointed out, same investigation. Trump supporters have a hard time with facts.

• tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.

He called someone stupid.
    I hope he didn't hurt their feelings. People spew all sorts of hateful stuff and we worry about 2nd grade insults. I join the questioning as to how name calling is worse than being a walking pile of garbage to other people or in the case cited from last week, an entire generalized grouping of people.
    I'm not ok with that, but that is inconsequential since I don't set the rules here.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

lukin2006 said:

Shake my head.

He called someone stupid.
    I hope he didn't hurt their feelings. People spew all sorts of hateful stuff and we worry about 2nd grade insults. I join the questioning as to how name calling is worse than being a walking pile of garbage to other people or in the case cited from last week, an entire generalized grouping of people.
    I'm not ok with that, but that is inconsequential since I don't set the rules here.
    My interpretation could be wrong but I got the impression that Halifax put up a defense for Rssesq yesterday. He then proceeded to lose it with the thread flood. I think the Comey thing got to him. Everyone needs to dial it back a bit as election day approaches. Tough times are ahead regardless of who wins and people going at each other's throats won't make things any easier.
This discussion has been closed.