VA Beach setlist thread

Comments

• Let's see if we can get a setlist thread moved into the Train!
    :)

Oh if this person keeps up don't you worry.
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    drsluggo wrote:
    At least its not sleater-kinney... otherwise known as the ear-drum piercing no-talent singing hacks...

(i'm not joking, even though I'll probably get grilled for saying it)

Shit, dude ... Point. See, that's what fellow PJ fans are for ... They help a guy look on the bright side!
  • MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Cool, you go tell the families of those 4,000 American dead.

So instead of debating like a normal person you'll just make dramatic statements like that? You act as though I have no compassion for those families. My point has nothing to do with compassion or understanding. It's horrible that people have to die, for any reason.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Cool, you go tell the families of those 4,000 American dead.
    To be fair that has no comparison to the 58,000 in Vietnam if you're going to say they are the same...

And I'm NOT trying to diminish ANY death, but if you're going to make the comparison it should be a little closer.

Anyway... this was the worst set of the tour although still not bad by any means.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    drsluggo wrote:
    I'm almost thinking the exact opposite... the lyrics to me seem so unsophisticated for Ed, and the music is plain.

Although more than that is the fact that they play it over half the shows and so many other great songs are getting shelved for it...

Protest songs are supposed to have simple repetative lyrics so that people can sing along to them...that's the point. You don't want huge groups of people singing as loud as they possibly can to super complex difficult songs. (not everyone can sing along to EvenFlow, for example - even Ed has a problem sometimes)...

If ed wants to sing No More, then so be it....go pee or plug your ears while he's singing it.
    be philanthropic
    drsluggo wrote:

Anyway... this was the worst set of the tour although still not bad by any means.

Agreed, although there are going to be such variations ... Its not just going to go up every single night ... I am happy to get Evacuation, for much as flack as this song gets.
  • Thanks relayers. Worst set of the tour, but by no means a bad set. Love the Faithfull>Low Light combo and the debut of Not For You.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • drsluggo wrote:
    To be fair that has no comparison to the 58,000 in Vietnam if you're going to say they are the same...

And I'm NOT trying to diminish ANY death, but if you're going to make the comparison it should be a little closer.

God willing, this pointless war won't last half as long as Vietnam, so the numbers won't get THAT elevated...
    Definitely no Who You Are. So that is the complete setlist ^^

Good show.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    BTW BRY still has Who You Are up (or they put it back up)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    No Who You Are?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • MattyJoe wrote:
    So instead of debating like a normal person you'll just make dramatic statements like that? You act as though I have no compassion for those families. My point has nothing to do with compassion or understanding. It's horrible that people have to die, for any reason.

Exactly so Eddie Vedder wrote a song about a MEANINGLESS war and is trying to make sure no one else has to die. I am not trying to be over dramatic I am just saying songs like this are NEEDED in dire times.
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    Also still haven't heard:

Once
    Immortality
    Thin air
    Love boat captain
    Crazy mary
    Man of the hour
    In my tree
    Baba O'riley
    Come back
    Last kiss

you think they'll play LBC at mansfield 2? then it really WOULD be "8 years ago today"
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
    Exactly so Eddie Vedder wrote a song about a MEANINGLESS war and is trying to make sure no one else has to die. I am not trying to be over dramatic I am just saying songs like this are NEEDED in dire times.

I guess. I just don't like the song. I think it overblows the situation. If he wrote a similarly extreme song about how the government in general sucks ass I'd totally agree. But this specific situation doesn't merit it, as compared to Vietnam, and that is what ruins the song for me.
    -Reagan
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Just because someone writes a song about a war or event doesn't mean its good... I guess that's my point...

I'm not arguing the war, I'm saying the song sucks. Play Bushleaguer - its a good song whether or not you agree with the lyrics.
    STILL waiting for confirmation on Who You Are. If anyone hears anything let me know!!
    -Reagan
    I'm all for hearing Bushleaguer ... Still relevent, still a good song ...
  • I can't believe people are saying it was a bland set.....Faithful and lowlight played in the same night?

The crowd did look a little bland which is probably the reason for the short(er) set...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
    I can't believe people are saying it was a bland set.....

Compared to the rest of the tour, it was. Still a very good show, though.
    -Reagan
  • I'm really crossing my fingers for the boys taking Bushleager out for one last stand in DC while that jackass Bush is still in office....
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
    I can't believe people are saying it was a bland set.....Faithful and lowlight played in the same night?

The crowd did look a little bland which is probably the reason for the short(er) set...

Nah, not overall. In the broader scheme, it was actually a choice set. Compared to previous nights this tour, it was a tad bland.
  • MattyJoe wrote:
    Compared to the rest of the tour, it was. Still a very good show, though.

With this band, you can't really compare two different shows........There are just too many variables.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Looks like a decent set. I'll be interested in seeing what the fan reviews are.

I like the Long Road opener and Rearviewmirror as the main set closer. And I Am Mine and Not For You are two of my favorites.

And....Guaranteed!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    Hey, I'm still getting the boot.
  • BRL has Who You Are up on the setlist again. Anyone have confirmation whether or not this was played?
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,936
    Hey, I'm still getting the boot.

me too! :)
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    Excuse me if this is a dumb question... but just Ed on Guaranteed, correct?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excuse me if this is a dumb question... but just Ed on Guaranteed, correct?

I imagine ...
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    BRL has Who You Are up on the setlist again. Anyone have confirmation whether or not this was played?

Indeed they do. What the Heck. This is ridiculous.