VA Beach setlist thread

Comments

• I like No More...the truth hurts....

I LOVE No More. What poignant, fantastic lyrics. It reminds me so much of all the songs that came out of the Vietnam era. That song could have been written 35 years ago if you think about it.
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    We Need Some Ritfw, And Who You Are Confirmation.......damnit, This Sux
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • We Need Some Ritfw, And Who You Are Confirmation.......damnit, This Sux

RTIFW is on Spin site
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I LOVE No More. What poignant, fantastic lyrics. It reminds me so much of all the songs that came out of the Vietnam era. That song could have been written 35 years ago if you think about it.

That's EXACTLY why I don't like it. It's a little too extreme for our current situation.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I say chuck both the Eddie tunes and play Once, or something.
    Still looking for confirmation on Who You Are.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • So did Who You Are happen? I'm trying to update my Red Mosquito setlist, just asked my source too........
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'm almost thinking the exact opposite... the lyrics to me seem so unsophisticated for Ed, and the music is plain.

Although more than that is the fact that they play it over half the shows and so many other great songs are getting shelved for it...
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Can someone post the whole thing so far for me? Thanks
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • MattyJoe wrote:
    That's EXACTLY why I don't like it. It's a little too extreme for our current situation.

Not to get political in this thread but you don't see any parallel between this war and Vietnam?
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • MattyJoe wrote:

EXTREME?? 4000 American soldiers already dead isn't EXTREME enough for you???

As I go screaming into the night flailing my arms!!!
  • Can someone post the whole thing so far for me? Thanks

Its in the first post of the thread...but here.

Main Set: Long Road, Corduroy, Severed Hand, All Night, I Am Mine, Small Town, Faithful, Low Light, Evacuation, Given To Fly, Green Disease, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Sleight Of Hand, Even Flow, Wishlist, Insignificance, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Comatose, Why Go, Better Man, Jeremy

Encore 2: Guaranteed, Who You Are (unconfirmed), Alive, Rockin' In The Free World (w/Kings Of Leon)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    BeerBaron wrote:
    good show! weakest set list so far, but good show!
    I thought the same, but I'd still love to be there. Baron, how was Tampa?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • MattyJoe wrote:
    Still looking for confirmation on Who You Are.

I have a feeling it wasnt played... even though its still sitting there on BRY and they usually fix their mistakes after about 1 minute.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
    BeerBaron wrote:
    good show! weakest set list so far, but good show!

Without the Binaural treats, I'd consider this set bland. Still a PJ show, and therefore good, but bland by their (high) standards. Guests during RITFW doesn't do it for me, especially the Kings of Leon.
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    crowd from where the spin guy was filming looked pretty dead to me for Rockin in the Free World, some of the people in the back looked bored :confused:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • I love the line "No more presidents lying"
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
    Not to get political in this thread but you don't see any parallel between this war and Vietnam?

Of course there are similarities but this situation is not at all close to the magnitude of the Vietnam era, socially, politically, etc. No More is too poignant for the Iraq War.
    -Reagan
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Can someone post the whole thing so far for me? Thanks

Go to the first post of the thread.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Good show, can't wait for the boot.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I like this one a lot. Not as much as roo tho.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    BRY took out Who You Are. Finally.
  • Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    Thank you to the relayers!

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • MattyJoe wrote:
    Of course there are similarities but this situation is not at all close to the magnitude of the Vietnam era, socially, politically, etc. No More is too poignant for the Iraq War.

Cool, you go tell the families of those 4,000 American dead.
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • Setlist 8/10

maybe not as insane as the last two. Nice mix of binaural and yield..

NO CODE mix last night
    YIELD mix tonight..
    next set must be BINAURAL... unless it shared with yield in this set... that would be lame... ahah.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • I love the line "No more presidents lying"

No more eulogizing...
    No more evangalizing...
    No more terrorizing...
    NO MORE INNOCENTS DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they have a special place in hell reserved for W and Cheney...
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    That Show Blew Ass
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
    Cool, you go tell the families of those 4,000 American dead.

Let's see if we can get a setlist thread moved into the Train!
    :)
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Without the Binaural treats, I'd consider this set bland. Still a PJ show, and therefore good, but bland by their (high) standards. Guests during RITFW doesn't do it for me, especially the Kings of Leon.
    At least its not sleater-kinney... otherwise known as the opening band where good PJ covers go to die...

(i'm not joking, even though I'll probably get grilled for saying it)
  • I'd definately take Guaranteed over No More. No More just tries too hard to make a point.

I'm really hoping we'll get to see Society or Hard Sun at DC or MSG!
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14