Options

Hartford show is gonna suck....as usual

Comments

• Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    TrixieCat wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwtTOxouD5Q

I don't get why, since some of you are so adamant about it sucking, you spent your hard earned ca$h to go to the show.

Yeah, you are the smart ones... :rolleyes:

Some folks will never be happy.
    I know I will.
    :)
    Scalpers, that's what they are. :)
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    certainly no place Id rather be that night
    seeing PJ live while the rest of the country is not
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    certainly no place Id rather be that night
    seeing PJ live while the rest of the country is not

Yeah, some people are never happy. They wouldn't be happy if Ed was their private dancer (now there's a mental image for ya). :)

• Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    a less than stellar PJ show is still better than a good day at work :)

that being said, the 9:15 start time does concern me a bit. In '06 the band went on at 8:45 and were done well before 11. While I understand that not every show can be epic, I hope that we are not in for another short Hartford show. As a side note, none of the Hartford shows have been bad per se, but it is obvious that none were epic either. I would definitely rank it last among the 11 shows I've seen.

To all those who are bashing on people like myself or the original poster for having the audacity to state the obvious about these shows: RELAX. Part of what makes being a PJ fan so special is the opportunity to compare and contrast shows because of how different they are. That is why so many of us travel to multiple shows (and I've seen far fewer shows than many).

To anyone who says that maybe people are seeing too many shows, and that is why they see the Hartford shows this way, maybe it is you who is seeing too few ;) Being able to see PJ multiple times allows you to have a greater understanding of when they are having an average night (still better than most bands out there) or when they are on-fucking-fire. And there is a difference.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    we've seen some of the same shows and we breathe the same air. honestly, i don't get how this has remained a somewhat civil conversation for this long. but anyway, see y'all at the show, and the offer still stands...for the 3-4 people here who think this will be a clunker, you're welcome to hang with me and I'll be happy to attempt to change your mind. proceed...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    we've seen some of the same shows and we breathe the same air. honestly, i don't get how this has remained a somewhat civil conversation for this long. but anyway, see y'all at the show, and the offer still stands...for the 3-4 people here who think this will be a clunker, you're welcome to hang with me and I'll be happy to attempt to change your mind. proceed...
    Because the nice people are going to the Hartford show.
    :)
    A clunker..lol
    And saying a show is going to suck as usual is not comparing and contrasting.
    haha
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    Chris1401 wrote:
    Cause it's a smaller population center (the area, not the city) between two huge shows for PJ.

It's like going to a Foo Fighters show inbetween two Pearl Jam Shows.

thats funny!!!

i think its the Location. I hate seeing pj there but It is so close to Boston I cant stay away
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    oh yeah another point i wanted to make on this show we as fans have control on what we make the band do that night, if we wan't longer show fn scream your lungs out make them know we wan't it all that night ....

this can be said for many things my friend....;)

i will admit, on my roster of pj shows, hartford 2006 was eh on the pj scale. meaning, absolutely it Is pj so always good, but in comparison to other shows, especially of the same tour, not quite on par. i DO think the weather had a lot to do with it. *I* had a great time, as i always do at a pearl jam show. it was also great to finally share another pj show with hubby, he hadn't seen em since holmdel 2003. that said, this year he is joining me for DC and both MSGs....but told me to bring a friend to hartford. :p seeya all there! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    this can be said for many things my friend....;)

i will admit, on my roster of pj shows, hartford 2006 was eh on the pj scale. meaning, absolutely it Is pj so always good, but in comparison to other shows, especially of the same tour, not quite on par. i DO think the weather had a lot to do with it. *I* had a great time, as i always do at a pearl jam show. it was also great to finally share another pj show with hubby, he hadn't seen em since holmdel 2003. that said, this year he is joining me for DC and both MSGs....but told me to bring a friend to hartford. :p seeya all there! :D
    The thing is... the weather part makes a LOT of sense. Alpine 2000 was the ice bowl and was short, Alpine 2003 IMO was an 'epic' show that seemed to go on forever.

But then... why start 30 minutes later. Did anyone email TC to see if that's right since every other show starts 30 minutes earlier?
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    The thing is... the weather part makes a LOT of sense. Alpine 2000 was the ice bowl and was short, Alpine 2003 IMO was an 'epic' show that seemed to go on forever.

But then... why start 30 minutes later. Did anyone email TC to see if that's right since every other show starts 30 minutes earlier?
    Why does everyone care about the time so much? Do you all have to get to bed early because you are getting old?

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    kh65 wrote:
    Why does everyone care about the time so much? Do you all have to get to bed early because you are getting old?
    Because the consensus here is that it will be 30 minutes shorter because if it starts @ 9:15 and ends around 11 then it would only be about 1hr 45 minutes when almost all over shows will be 2hrs 15 minutes...
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    TrixieCat wrote:
    You will be able to find me.
    I Won't be wearing a grubby tee shirt and shorts.
    :p
    i won't be wearing those either so we should be able to stick out :D

i'm just happy to see PJ, i wasn't even planning on seeing them this year at all :)
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    bovy_j wrote:
    I'd be glad to see you not show up at the show. :)
    I'll be there, and I'll be enjoying it.
    How do you see someone not show up?
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    *I* had a great time, as i always do at a pearl jam show. i:D

same here
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    this thread should be a sticky.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    maybe they want extra time to hang out in beautiful downtown Hartford before the show;)

I don't care how long the show is, I got a free night out, beer, and PJ....can't really complain

This will be the 1st time they came here in the summer time....weather should be nice
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    I hope it's going to be a good show. It's going to be my lil bro's first show, my last one of the tour, and I get to meet Trixie Cat!
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Wow, you've seen them only once and you posted 1,619 times on this board? That is some solid dedication my friend!
    Here's to Hartford kicking ass indeed!!!!!

haha yep.
    i'm only 16, so getting to a bunch of shows isn't super easy for me. luckily i can make it out to three this tour. though i'm young, i'm still a HUGE dedicated fan, and i plan on doing all the crazy touring and stuff you guys do. i was 14 when i first saw pj. changed everything. they were my favorite band before then, but that concert just sky-rocketed my love.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    so now that it is settled that the show won't suck .. because no pj does, the only thing that is a little strange is the time.

what do you guys think will go down? pj can't possibly play a show that short .. no way
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    I definitely have low expectations for Hartford. Went there in 96 & 98 - definitely among my least favorite shows for those tours. Not unhappy that 06 didn't work out in my schedule.

So, why go then? ... well... I'm flying across country for MSG & Boston. And it's right... exactly... on the way. I'm renting a car anyway, have to drive through hartford anyway. How could I not go? What if I'm wrong? Would I even be capable of driving right past a PJ show and not going? I think not.

I hope I'm wrong and it will be a good/very good/epic show.

In the past it's felt like bad energy at that place.
  • Options
    I hope it's the best fuckin show on the tour
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    I definitely have low expectations for Hartford. Went there in 96 & 98 - definitely among my least favorite shows for those tours. Not unhappy that 06 didn't work out in my schedule.

So, why go then? ... well... I'm flying across country for MSG & Boston. And it's right... exactly... on the way. I'm renting a car anyway, have to drive through hartford anyway. How could I not go? What if I'm wrong? Would I even be capable of driving right past a PJ show and not going? I think not.

I hope I'm wrong and it will be a good/very good/epic show.

In the past it's felt like bad energy at that place.

my thoughts exactly, maybe i didnt convey them to people here in the same way you did....its so close to where i live, how can i not got and think of "what if"...what if they rock the house.....course i thought that the last 2 times 2 and left dissapointed.
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    my thoughts exactly, maybe i didnt convey them to people here in the same way you did....its so close to where i live, how can i not got and think of "what if"...what if they rock the house.....course i thought that the last 2 times 2 and left dissapointed.

besides the 06 show being short, what was wrong with it? the band sounded amazing and they did play some amazing tunes! and where i was sitting there was great 10c action goin on!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Some of the reasoning here really scares me. The band has played past curfew (and paid the ensuing fines) on many many occassions.

Seems like people are psyching themselves out for a bad experience.
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    As long as it doesn't rain (or sleet or snow) its going to be rockin!
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    it will be epic because i will be there.

and that is all i have to say.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    it's funny people think this hartford show is gonna suck. i hope the show kicks ass. after reading something like this posted on their official message board, i hope the band comes on stage and play's one magical setlist .. you wished you were at the show! :)
  • Options
    butterfly1 wrote:
    As long as it doesn't rain (or sleet or snow) its going to be rockin!
    because neither rain nor sleet or snow can keep Hartford from being alive tonight ,no way
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I'm so happy I'm going to MSG, Camden, and DC and NOT Hartford! since ya know, it's going to suck and all or that's what the original poster said at least I don't know
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I had a blast in 06 and will have a blast in 08 . I look forward to another " I can't believe they're playing I'm Open" kind of a moment.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff