THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Knowing that she is corrupt. Knowing that she has sold influence and profited from her position. Knowing that she lied to us, the public and Congress. Knowing she did her best to destroy and belittle her husband's sexual harassment victims. These are all proven indisputable facts. You think she is fit for leading our Country? How?

Godfather.

He still lost the debate & election with his debate performances not just last night but combined, he could of won the WH if he was just remotely sane !
    If you think he lost the debate last night you're a blinded fool...sorry but i cant put it much nicer

Clinton spewed lie, after lie, and if you defend a person who believes in late term abortions up to the due date then you're a sick individual..period

Clinton Foundations is corrupt, look no further than Colombia, not just Haiti

Im not even a Trump fan but this crap is getting ridiculous with the blind support for this criminal

and the media wants to talk about him not conceding if he loses as the main headline, thank god i no longer work in a worthless career as the media has become
    Honestly - I don't know about win or lose technically, but I thought they both appeared to be losers. I'm completely out of sympathy when both candidates refuse accountability for their checkered pasts, instead opting to attack each other on (occasionally relevant) topics. There's only one position that's solidified in my mind from each and every one of these debates: America's current Presidential offerings are embarrassingly weak.
    Completely agree w/ this. The minute they stop talking policy and started fighting w/ each other, I had to keep turning it off. So completely embarrassing for this country.
    How did we get here?
    uh...because the GOP imploded and nominated a complete dipshit
    And money, corruption and promises led to a terrible DNC candidate.
    Who would have been a better democratic candidate?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Knowing that she is corrupt. Knowing that she has sold influence and profited from her position. Knowing that she lied to us, the public and Congress. Knowing she did her best to destroy and belittle her husband's sexual harassment victims. These are all proven indisputable facts. You think she is fit for leading our Country? How?

Godfather.

He still lost the debate & election with his debate performances not just last night but combined, he could of won the WH if he was just remotely sane !
    If you think he lost the debate last night you're a blinded fool...sorry but i cant put it much nicer

Clinton spewed lie, after lie, and if you defend a person who believes in late term abortions up to the due date then you're a sick individual..period

Im not even a Trump fan but this crap is getting ridiculous with the blind support for this criminal

and the media wants to talk about him not conceding if he loses as the main headline, thank god i no longer work in a worthless career as the media has become
    Honestly - I don't know about win or lose technically, but I thought they both appeared to be losers. I'm completely out of sympathy when both candidates refuse accountability for their checkered pasts, instead opting to attack each other on (occasionally relevant) topics. There's only one position that's solidified in my mind from each and every one of these debates: America's current Presidential offerings are embarrassingly weak.
    Completely agree w/ this. The minute they stop talking policy and started fighting w/ each other, I had to keep turning it off. So completely embarrassing for this country.
    How did we get here?
    She's supremely qualified and ready to continue the Obama legacy. After her three debate performances, I'm happier than ever with the thought that she may be the POTUS.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    You're not wrong and I cant be proud of who the GOP nominated. But equally to blame is who the DNC nominated. Both are worthless candidates leading to a worthless election and a waste of the next 4 years.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    You know who, former BernieBros, now Hillary apologist...
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    You're not wrong and I cant be proud of who the GOP nominated. But equally to blame is who the DNC nominated. Both are worthless candidates leading to a worthless election and a waste of the next 4 years.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    edited October 2016
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    No. These two candidates are not equal.
    Post edited by dignin on
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    Yeah...the guy she beat, soundly. The guy that now endorses her. The guy that you choose to ignore.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    It's so ironic that you cry about being attacked but somehow it's okay to attack Gern... You and others. Fortunately he has leathery skin and strong in his convictions.
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    It's so ironic that you cry about being attacked but somehow it's okay to attack Gern... You and others. Fortunately he has leathery skin and strong in his convictions.
    Yet, by combing this forum, it is correct he is an apologist. It is not an attack.

Buh-bye.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    Yet, by combing this forum, it is correct he is an apologist. It is not an attack.

Buh-bye.
    You in your infallible wisdom made that assessment therefore you are free to attack, whilst simultaneously complaining about the same. Congrats on your moral authority.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    Uh oh. He's one of those lizard people?

Damn.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,554

brianlux said:

I agree with those who say Hillary won the debate and base that on three things
    1) Trump looked like a loser with that put-on frown
    2) Calling Hillary a "nasty woman"
    3) Trump saying he would not accept defeat if out-voted. Stupid move!

I think Hillary has it wrapped up.

What I don't get is why some people I know who were not only not HRC fans when she was running against Bernie but really didn't like her are now all of the sudden fawning over Hillary like she is the queen. What is with that?

The other thing about this election, these debates. Who is talking about the planet? No one. Total anthropocentrism. Lovely.

Because she is rising above all of the bullshit being thrown at her? Because she went up against that orange fuckface three different times and destroyed him each time turning him into an insult generating baby-man?
    So let me get this straight-- some of the people I know (including some here) had nothing but bad things to say about Hillary before she beat Bernie but lately, because she is trumping the man unwinable himself, Trump, all of the sudden that makes her a super-star of the highest order in the political arena? She deserves all these accolades from people who couldn't stand her because she is besting a guy who is in it purely for his ego, who puts on a good show with his pouting and dumb answers? Shit man, throw just about anybody up against Trump and they will look better than him. I just don't get what makes Hillary so great to people who didn't like her at all not so very long ago. And remember, I myself said she presented herself very well in this last debate. A finely tailored wolf in sheep's clothing. No thank you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    edited October 2016
    so, if the american people are so tired of the status quo of garbage candidates, why did they nominate two? as ridiculous a process as the primaries may be, your country gets to choose your representatives to run. canada does not. for better or worse.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

What I don't get is why some people I know who were not only not HRC fans when she was running against Bernie but really didn't like her are now all of the sudden fawning over Hillary like she is the queen. What is with that?

The other thing about this election, these debates. Who is talking about the planet? No one. Total anthropocentrism. Lovely.

Because she is rising above all of the bullshit being thrown at her? Because she went up against that orange fuckface three different times and destroyed him each time turning him into an insult generating baby-man?
    So let me get this straight-- some of the people I know (including some here) had nothing but bad things to say about Hillary before she beat Bernie but lately, because she is trumping the man unwinable himself, Trump, all of the sudden that makes her a super-star of the highest order in the political arena? She deserves all these accolades from people who couldn't stand her because she is besting a guy who is in it purely for his ego, who puts on a good show with his pouting and dumb answers? Shit man, throw just about anybody up against Trump and they will look better than him. I just don't get what makes Hillary so great to people who didn't like her at all not so very long ago. And remember, I myself said she presented herself very well in this last debate. A finely tailored wolf in sheep's clothing. No thank you.
    I don't know what to tell you. I've liked her for years. I was here for the primaries and I'm not sure I can recall anyone disparaging her but now not.
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I don't know what to tell you. I've liked her for years. I was here for the primaries and I'm not sure I can recall anyone disparaging her but now not.
    i think many if not most bernie supporters disparaged hillary.

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

i think many if not most bernie supporters disparaged hillary.
    It doesn't make sense. I was an O supporter in 2008 but never spoke Ill of her. I just found him more inspiring. Bernie allowed his most fervent of supporters to cultivate the negativity without shutting it down early.
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Yes, M, you've been consistent in supporting Hillary.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBF6h7oH5I

America's national treasure of comedy music, ladies and gents!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBF6h7oH5I

America's national treasure of comedy music, ladies and gents!

Fantastic, bizarre... strrrrrange!

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mrussel1 said:

Discussing abortion is only a losing situation for her. Trump is totally ignorant about it and will say whatever in the moment and a lot of his followers are equally ignorant.

and you are voting for Hillary ? ignorant is sometimes self describing. why wouldn't you vote for one of the other people ?
    because Hillary has so much "experience" ?

Godfather.

Yes, it's exactly why. And Trump is an incompetent fool, that's another good reason. The third is that the other candidates don't have a chance. So it seems pretty easy when you think through it rationally.
    after a lot of thought and 8 hours of sleep whom ever we vote for and what ever reasons why we do we are right as long as we vote.
    trying to convince others that we are right is usually a waste of time.

Godfather.

• riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I don't care for Clinton at all but I've decided to vote for her. My decision rests on who is going to nominate the next Supreme Court Justice. I've always voted my conscience but allowing Trump to take office and make this decision is not a possibility so I've decided practicality beats conscience this time.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

mrussel1 said:

Discussing abortion is only a losing situation for her. Trump is totally ignorant about it and will say whatever in the moment and a lot of his followers are equally ignorant.

and you are voting for Hillary ? ignorant is sometimes self describing. why wouldn't you vote for one of the other people ?

Godfather.

Yes, it's exactly why. And Trump is an incompetent fool, that's another good reason. The third is that the other candidates don't have a chance. So it seems pretty easy when you think through it rationally.
    after a lot of thought and 8 hours of sleep whom ever we vote for and what ever reasons why we do we are right as long as we vote.

Godfather.

You've been consistently condescending in your treatment of anyone supporting Clinton. Nice of you to wash your hands of calling any supporter of Clinton a sheep for literally months, by doing an about face in your typical fashion by now saying that "every vote is a great vote".

Also, proposing that conversation for the sake of educating and learning is a waste of time is effectively to admit that "ignorance is bliss". Worse than that, when you take bidirectional conversation out of the picture, it means that the most resonant remaining news source is the mainstream media which you've condemned oh so much for its lack of truthfulness. Which is it? Do you want sheep, or do you want honestly educated people? And when honestly educated people's opinions are in disagreement with your fear-induced isolationist stances, are you willing to accept that maybe the populace aren't as stupid as you think, and share or value different stances from your own?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

so, if the american people are so tired of the status quo of garbage candidates, why did they nominate two? as ridiculous a process as the primaries may be, your country gets to choose your representatives to run. canada does not. for better or worse.

If there was no voter suppression, No superdelegates, no repealing of Obama's move to refuse lobbyist money in elections by DWS and HRC and no rigged primaries, Bernie Sanders would've won.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,121

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Totally agree GF ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Because a large portion of the general population is clueless and stupid. The number of people who cant even name the current vice president would probably shock most.

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Fair enough. I agree with that. It's a right and a privilege that millions of soldiers have fought to preserve in this county. We should not waste it.

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

you wanted Hillary and "all the libtards to die in a massive earthquake". that was just yesterday.

discussing the issues is paramount to this process. most of us aren't trying to change anyone's mind, or convincing others we are right. the purpose of discussion is to make sure everyone has all the information and tools necessary to make their own decision, not change it the way you want it.

www.headstonesband.com

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    mace1229 said:

Because a large portion of the general population is clueless and stupid. The number of people who cant even name the current vice president would probably shock most.
    But who do you blame then? The media/government/corporations for taking advantage of a blissfully ignorant populace, or the blissfully ignorant populace themselves? No one forces the Average Joe/Joanne to live in a state of mis- or non-education: can we not propel our society away from that?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?

Buh-bye.
    When in doubt, always go full passive aggressive for being called out on hypocrisy!
    benjs said:

mace1229 said:

But who do you blame then? The media/government/corporations for taking advantage of a blissfully ignorant populace, or the blissfully ignorant populace themselves? No one forces the Average Joe/Joanne to live in a state of mis- or non-education: can we not propel our society away from that?
    I blame the people themselves. How hard is it today to get any information? It is incredibly easily. Anyone who doesn't know who the VP is (which is about 41% according to recent polls) must have heard the name Joe Biden 100 times in the last year, they just don't care enough to remember it. How many people don't know the names of who is running our country, but can list off the full cast of Real House Wives?
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

How did we get here?
    the attacks make....me....stronger