Options

pipe bomb explodes at military race in new jersey and now a bomb explodes in nyc

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,987

muslim radicals' ? I'd bet on it....probably just the that "small percentage" of immigrants. I have to call it like I see it and this is just
    too common to be called a "coincidence" everybody thinks it but are afraid to say it.

Godfather.

or....not an immigrant at all. Someone who was born here.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

benjs said:

does anybody here believe it was not radical muslims ?

Godfather.

So it's the act of an Islamic extremist. Then what? It's already been shown that the Islamic extremist actions which have transpired in the States have been from legal immigrants (often second-generation Americans, for that matter). Should they have their citizenship or landed immigrant statuses revoked? That's akin to collective punishment (i.e. the entirety of a group being penalized for the actions of an arguably corrupted <1% of the group), and with extrapolations like that, every single person in the US and Canada (and probably most of the world) should be shot dead for the actions of their peers, governments, and ancestors of both.

Once again, Godfather, you draw the line right at the point where it becomes inconvenient for you, with no respect for humans on the other side of that line and the suffering they will endure as a result of your stance. </p>
    When the second generation can't assimilate there will be problems. Legal or illegal we need to make sure assimilation happens.
    What's your definition of assimilation and how would you make sure it happens?
    Have the means and opportunity to get jobs, treat women with respect, not blow up stuff. The basics.
    Is assimilation the right term for this? I think when you said "the basics", that spoke to me more than that term. It isn't trying to extract the homeland's culture and replace it with America's (which is what I consider assimilation, but I could be off-base on this definition), it's merely ensuring that a set of fundamental values are adhered to: great effort towards universal respect independent of race, religion or gender (and an attempt to recognize and reject inherited bias or animosity), and an acknowledgement that the local law is the one which governs first and foremost. These are both respect-driven topics, but respect must be shown from the country inheriting immigrants, should it wish to receive that same respect back. What you said before about means and opportunities to get jobs would definitely make that list - basically, programs that provide effort to helping new immigrants realize their potential.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2016

unsung said:

unsung said:

Just as long as you guys agree to do that at the next shooting and don't immediately call for ar15 bans.

That has nothing to do with waiting g for an investigation.
    I waited. 20 year old Somali that asked the victims if they were Muslim prior to stabbing at least one. Shot dead by someone who was concealed carry. Hero. I'll be armed everywhere I go thankyouverymuch.
    Ok, I thought this was a thread about the explosions in new York. If you need to bring up the stabbings in minnesota, that's fine, just has no relevance here. And it wasn't just a plain citizen with a concealed weapons permit. It was an off duty police officer. Makes a difference. Because my point about all of you CWP people is that when shit hits the fan, most of you would run and hide, not point and shoot.
    Maybe if you were a CWP person, that is what you would do. Stop throwing the crowd into the pit based on your own inadequacies. I know many police officers and many non-police CWP holders that are more proficient and have more hours of tactical training than most of the officers that only try to meet the minimum training requirements(the majority I would say). I know, it may blow your mind that there are some civilians out there legitimately prepared and trained to protect themselves and others...To be perfectly honest, though, there is no shame in knowing your exits and being able to get yourself out of harms way. A CWP owner is under no obligation to save your life or go rushing into the fight. If you are worried about someone saving your life...that responsibility is your own.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

unsung said:

unsung said:

Just as long as you guys agree to do that at the next shooting and don't immediately call for ar15 bans.

I waited. 20 year old Somali that asked the victims if they were Muslim prior to stabbing at least one. Shot dead by someone who was concealed carry. Hero. I'll be armed everywhere I go thankyouverymuch.
    Ok, I thought this was a thread about the explosions in new York. If you need to bring up the stabbings in minnesota, that's fine, just has no relevance here. And it wasn't just a plain citizen with a concealed weapons permit. It was an off duty police officer. Makes a difference. Because my point about all of you CWP people is that when shit hits the fan, most of you would run and hide, not point and shoot.
    .........? you haven't any idea how to handle this situation emotionally do you ? if you think this is the first thread to branch off in RELATED other directions then maybe you've lost count (understandable, there are soooo many)

Godfather.

muslim radicals' ? I'd bet on it....probably just the that "small percentage" of immigrants. I have to call it like I see it and this is just
    too common to be called a "coincidence" everybody thinks it but are afraid to say it.

Godfather.

or....not an immigrant at all. Someone who was born here.
    sorry about that....."a small percentage of muslim immigrants who give birth to little terrorist" they blow up so fast ! hahahhahahahahah a little humor for Monday morning.

Godfather.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

unsung said:

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    mcgruff10 said:

wait, just read that he was an off duty police officer.

Who was carrying concealed.
  • Options
    I guess assumptions were safe to make after all.

Although everybody knew that- it's just so damn dignifying to suggest to 'wait for the facts' before jumping to conclusions (and liberals wonder why they've developed a poor reputation?).

As far as assimilation goes: if I wished to move my family to Saudi Arabia... I would need to embrace that culture and not try to make it Canada. If I want Canada... then I should stay in Canada.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    unsung said:

mcgruff10 said:

It seemed to go okay this time, but it didn't go so good for that guy in Boogie Nights.
  • Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/person-interest-to-named-in-nyc-bombing.html

Authorities launched a dragnet in search of an "armed and dangerous" Afghan-born man wanted in connection with bombings in New York City and New Jersey, as raids and detentions in the metropolitan area pointed toward a terror cell being behind the series of weekend attacks.
  • Options

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/person-interest-to-named-in-nyc-bombing.html

Authorities launched a dragnet in search of an "armed and dangerous" Afghan-born man wanted in connection with bombings in New York City and New Jersey, as raids and detentions in the metropolitan area pointed toward a terror cell being behind the series of weekend attacks.

They should develop an app like the Pokemon app for terrorists so everyone can go get them.

F**king losers. Lower forms of life than worms. Seriously.
  • Options

Although everybody knew that- it's just so damn dignifying to suggest to 'wait for the facts' before jumping to conclusions (and liberals wonder why they've developed a poor reputation?).

As far as assimilation goes: if I wished to move my family to Saudi Arabia... I would need to embrace that culture and not try to make it Canada. If I want Canada... then I should stay in Canada.

Same thing goes for those from Canada and Mexico moving to the USA I would say. Just extenuating your point.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Same thing goes for those from Canada and Mexico moving to the USA I would say. Just extenuating your point.
    Of course.
  • Options

unsung said:

mcgruff10 said:

It seemed to go okay this time, but it didn't go so good for that guy in Boogie Nights.
    If Dirk Digler had been there, none of this would have happened, lol
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

mcgruff10 said:

I love that name. Every now and then I just randomly say to one of my friends, "Who do you think you are? Dirk Diggler?"

It's amazing how many people don't know who he is.
  • Options

good post, this is becoming so common and it's too predictable as to what group did it and not to piss anybody off but my point of not allowing anybody into our country is becoming clearer as time goes by as more immigrants come to America and other parts of the world
    and try to destroy the ways of life we have.

Godfather.
  • Options

unsung said:

mcgruff10 said:

Hahahaha
  • Options

I hope people wake up at some point and realize we don't live in a safe society and that police can't protect you. There are people that want to hurt us based on our beliefs, or lack of theirs I should say.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I totally disagree. If I wished to move my family to Saudi Arabia, I would say that I need to embrace their local law, not their culture. Why does a country require immigrants to contribute to a homogeneous society? If you don't invite cultural differences, then you don't expose people to cultural differences. If you don't expose people to cultural differences, then you create uncertainties about cultural differences. That then leads to fear, which leads to (formal or informal) segregation, which leads to animosity, and we're right back to perpetuating what we have today, where immigrants feel like they're akin to second-class citizens, and people who have been Americans for more generations fear immigrants. Back to the Saudi Arabia example, of course I'd say that Saudi Arabia's history for inviting cultural differences is pretty much abysmal, but doesn't America (and doesn't Canada) aspire to be greater than that?

Edit: To add to this, I'm not naive: I do understand the other opinion about closed borders, even if I disagree with it. It depends on whether a nation feels that it should govern itself on a basis of fear, or on a basis of universal human empathy, understanding, and concern. The issue is that these three bases are seen today as weaknesses, and muscle is seen as strength. It's far easier to continue governing by forcing those who are less strong to submit to a will (out of fear of death, exile, ghettoization, etc.), but just because something is easier doesn't mean it's the right thing to do: it seems to be the exact opposite these days because of the foundations we've laid.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214

good post, this is becoming so common and it's too predictable as to what group did it and not to piss anybody off but my point of not allowing anybody into our country is becoming clearer as time goes by as more immigrants come to America and other parts of the world

Godfather.
    so when crazy people plant bombs you want to get rid of all people who share their religion in this country - yet when someone uses a gun to kill people we can't do anything to other 'responsible' gun owners? how do you justify that logic?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

mcgruff10 said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    This shit is only going to get worse with these refugees keep being brought in.
  • Options
    benjs said:

I totally disagree. If I wished to move my family to Saudi Arabia, I would say that I need to embrace their local law, not their culture. Why does a country require immigrants to contribute to a homogeneous society? If you don't invite cultural differences, then you don't expose people to cultural differences. If you don't expose people to cultural differences, then you create uncertainties about cultural differences. That then leads to fear, which leads to (formal or informal) segregation, which leads to animosity, and we're right back to perpetuating what we have today, where immigrants feel like they're akin to second-class citizens, and people who have been Americans for more generations fear immigrants. Back to the Saudi Arabia example, of course I'd say that Saudi Arabia's history for inviting cultural differences is pretty much abysmal, but doesn't America (and doesn't Canada) aspire to be greater than that?
    Many times the culture and laws go hand and hand...or a hand "for" a hand if you practice sharia law, a staple of the muslim culture.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Cuomo: Rahami has "foreign connection"?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

benjs said:

Many times the culture and laws go hand and hand...or a hand "for" a hand if you practice sharia law, a staple of the muslim culture.
    So practicing local law automatically adheres you to the culture. Again, I'm saying that that's Saudi Arabia. We don't exert as much will on the populace here in North America (not formally anyways).

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

I agree somewhat with what you're saying.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that you don't spit on the country you've immigrated to.
  • Options

benjs said:

I agree somewhat with what you're saying.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that you don't spit on the country you've immigrated to.
    That totally makes sense. I guess there should be an implied base level of respect, and the problem is that where I feel that line should be drawn, might not agree with where anyone else does.

EV
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    pjhawks said:

Godfather.
    so when crazy people plant bombs you want to get rid of all people who share their religion in this country - yet when someone uses a gun to kill people we can't do anything to other 'responsible' gun owners? how do you justify that logic?
    Apples and oranges. From the "responsible gun owners" standpoint, "gun owners" is not specific to a religion or idea. They do not fit specifically to any demographic or nationality. Same could be said for pressure cooker owners. The point being made here is that specific religions and cultures are correlated with these random attacks as of late and how does a country best approach that specific problem.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

Godfather.
    Apples and oranges. From the "responsible gun owners" standpoint, "gun owners" is not specific to a religion or idea. They do not fit specifically to any demographic or nationality. Same could be said for pressure cooker owners. The point being made here is that specific religions and cultures are correlated with these random attacks as of late and how does a country best approach that specific problem.
    fair enough but you are still punishing a very large amount of people for the actions of a very small % from that group.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    from CNN:
    (CNN)The man who stabbed nine people at a Minnesota mall Saturday before being shot dead by an off-duty police officer was a "soldier of the Islamic state," according to an ISIS-linked news agency.

The statement posted online Sunday by the Amaq agency follows a pattern of ISIS-related media claiming responsibility for what appear to be the acts of individuals across Europe in the past few months.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgruff10 said:

from CNN:
    (CNN)The man who stabbed nine people at a Minnesota mall Saturday before being shot dead by an off-duty police officer was a "soldier of the Islamic state," according to an ISIS-linked news agency.

The statement posted online Sunday by the Amaq agency follows a pattern of ISIS-related media claiming responsibility for what appear to be the acts of individuals across Europe in the past few months.

So fucked up...3 states in 2 days..i just hope they catch that fucker asap because now he's exposed and could go out like the cowards before him..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"