Options

Are you aware of what's going on? Dakota Pipeline

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Fascism?

http://www.carbonated.tv/news/ace-hardware-refuses-to-sell-camping-supplies-propane-standing-rock

The Morton County Sheriff Department has instructed Ace Hardware stores not to sell any incendiary device to the water protectors at Cannon Ball, North Dakota, in a bid to quash the movement in opposition to the Dakota Access Pipeline.

As temperatures reach subzero, this is terrible news for the Sioux tribe who depend on life-saving propane tanks from Ace Hardware and other similar stores for heat to ward off the bitter chill.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    JC29856 said:

Fascism?

http://www.carbonated.tv/news/ace-hardware-refuses-to-sell-camping-supplies-propane-standing-rock

The Morton County Sheriff Department has instructed Ace Hardware stores not to sell any incendiary device to the water protectors at Cannon Ball, North Dakota, in a bid to quash the movement in opposition to the Dakota Access Pipeline.

As temperatures reach subzero, this is terrible news for the Sioux tribe who depend on life-saving propane tanks from Ace Hardware and other similar stores for heat to ward off the bitter chill.

So people should start bringing the equipment from outta state !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Don't worry as soon as Bafoon is sworn in he'll have them all removed Putin style !
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Don't worry as soon as Bafoon is sworn in he'll have them all removed Putin style !

Today, U.S. Senator Tom Udall, incoming vice chairman of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, condemned the violence against Tribal members and others protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline and called on President Barack Obama to take urgent action to protect the protesters and address their concerns about how the pipeline could harm the water quality near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation. In a letter, Udall urged the Obama administration and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to consider every available option to fully protect Tribal rights and land, including re-routing the pipeline.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Today, U.S. Senator Tom Udall, incoming vice chairman of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, condemned the violence against Tribal members and others protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline and called on President Barack Obama to take urgent action to protect the protesters and address their concerns about how the pipeline could harm the water quality near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation. In a letter, Udall urged the Obama administration and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to consider every available option to fully protect Tribal rights and land, including re-routing the pipeline.
    Too late you can just wave bye bye Obama is just going to leave this one alone right on the Oval Office desk for Bafoon to deal with ! Not saying it's the right thing to do but I just don't see him flexing anymore muscle ...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

Dakota Access Pipeline: Thousands of veterans are heading to Standing Rock to stand in solidarity with protesters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/standing-rock-dakota-access-pipeline-military-veterans-event-capacity-fundraising-police-assault-a7443831.html

Hopefully they will chase the other douchebags that are squating out there and partying away as well!
    Really? People are heading there to party? I could think of at least 1000 more places I would rather go to to throw a party.

Source?
    I'll see if I can find something. Someone I follow on Facebook went to help and said he felt like he was at burning man. People just camping, hanging out partying, using precious resources, etc...

Here's an article for you: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/standing-rock-north-dakota-access-pipeline-burning-man-festival-a7443266.html
    Thanks Jeff.

Doesn't really sound like much of a party, short of the guitars around the campfire. Not my type of party anyways ;)

It is troubling hearing that some seem to be taking advantage and using resources.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

JC29856 said:

Too late you can just wave bye bye Obama is just going to leave this one alone right on the Oval Office desk for Bafoon to deal with ! Not saying it's the right thing to do but I just don't see him flexing anymore muscle ...
    Pretty lame of the lame duck don't ya think?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

can you imagine living in a country where they openly celebrate the genocide of your people? OPENLY?? and have mattress sales in its name?

JC29856 said:

Fascism?

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

Dakota Access Pipeline: Thousands of veterans are heading to Standing Rock to stand in solidarity with protesters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/standing-rock-dakota-access-pipeline-military-veterans-event-capacity-fundraising-police-assault-a7443831.html

Hopefully they will chase the other douchebags that are squating out there and partying away as well!
    Really? People are heading there to party? I could think of at least 1000 more places I would rather go to to throw a party.

Source?
    I'll see if I can find something. Someone I follow on Facebook went to help and said he felt like he was at burning man. People just camping, hanging out partying, using precious resources, etc...

Here's an article for you: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/standing-rock-north-dakota-access-pipeline-burning-man-festival-a7443266.html
    Thanks Jeff.

Doesn't really sound like much of a party, short of the guitars around the campfire. Not my type of party anyways ;)

It is troubling hearing that some seem to be taking advantage and using resources.
    Definitely doesn't sound like a party to me, but I think a lot of that will go away with the bad weather blanketing the region. I know a guy who is there (actually he's heading back to Seattle for a couple of weeks before he goes back mid-month) and he said there is a lot of issues with supplies. He's been sourcing propane and delivering that where needed. He also was raising money for clothes and supplies for some of the natives who were kind enough to share them with visiting protesters. They are running out of resources (food, clothing, fuel, etc...) and getting deliveries is very difficult. Emergency services are now non-existent there. People are rescuing each other when stuck in snow drifts or for medical issues. Winter is hitting, and resources are scarce. It will be a long, hard winter for the protesters. I hope they can stay warm, fed, and healthy. Oh, and fuck Ace Hardware.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    2000 vets heading to standing rock ...

https://www.democracynow.org/2016/11/29/headlines/2_000_vets_to_head_to_standing_rock_as_north_dakota_cuts_off_emergency_services_to_camps

This comes as North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple has issued an executive order declaring the land where the main resistance camps are located is now an evacuation area. The North Dakota Department of Emergency Services has confirmed the police and National Guard will not move to forcibly evict the water protectors from this land, but the order does mean the state will not provide emergency services to that area. The land is unceded Sioux treaty land that is owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which has said they’ll close public access to that area by December 5. More than 2,000 U.S. military veterans are planning to arrive at Standing Rock on December 4, one day before the Army Corps’ scheduled closure, including Hawaii congresswoman and combat veteran Tulsi Gabbard.
  • Options
    Go Tulsi!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    god. white conservative dude at my work says "everybody knows it's not their land anymore". I always know he's about to say something fucking offensive when he starts to whisper before the "good part".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2016
    JC29856 said:

Fascism?

I will be calling my local Ace Hardware store tomorrow, telling them that I am boycotting Ace Hardware. I will be telling them about ND.
    If more of us do this, the franchises will get angry. And they will get angry at North Dakota.

Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

Fascism?

I will be calling my local Ace Hardware store tomorrow, telling them that I am boycotting Ace Hardware. I will be telling them about ND.
    If more of us do this, the franchises will get angry. And they will get angry at North Dakota.

Apparently Ace Hardware issued a statement today saying that they have propane in stock and are selling to anyone/everyone. So they have already felt a backlash. http://newsroom.acehardware.com/ace-hardware-statement-on-north-dakota-protest-and-product-sales
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    jeffbr said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Fascism?

Apparently Ace Hardware issued a statement today saying that they have propane in stock and are selling to anyone/everyone. So they have already felt a backlash. http://newsroom.acehardware.com/ace-hardware-statement-on-north-dakota-protest-and-product-sales
    They sure just got a hell of a lot of free advertising, lol.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

Source?

Thanks Jeff.

Definitely doesn't sound like a party to me, but I think a lot of that will go away with the bad weather blanketing the region. I know a guy who is there (actually he's heading back to Seattle for a couple of weeks before he goes back mid-month) and he said there is a lot of issues with supplies. He's been sourcing propane and delivering that where needed. He also was raising money for clothes and supplies for some of the natives who were kind enough to share them with visiting protesters. They are running out of resources (food, clothing, fuel, etc...) and getting deliveries is very difficult. Emergency services are now non-existent there. People are rescuing each other when stuck in snow drifts or for medical issues. Winter is hitting, and resources are scarce. It will be a long, hard winter for the protesters. I hope they can stay warm, fed, and healthy. Oh, and fuck Ace Hardware.
    Hopefully they get a break with the weather this winter.....and that the freeloaders stay away.
  • Options
    From Amnesty Intermational;

President Obama: Halt the Dakota Access Pipeline & Respect the Rights of Indigenous People

https://medium.com/@amnesty/president-obama-halt-the-dakota-access-pipeline-respect-the-rights-of-indigenous-people-cdf94961b864#.5h3ufdkxs
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Easement denied. Is this for real or just a delaying tactic to disperse the protestors?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    It better be for real!
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    Free said:
    Interesting the radio silence from Obama on this and now suddenly a deal has been reached with a new President-elect.
    We will hear more on this once Trump is sworn in.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

god. white conservative dude at my work says "everybody knows it's not their land anymore". I always know he's about to say something fucking offensive when he starts to whisper before the "good part".

If it weren't someone from work I'd kick that persons ass if he said that to me.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Easement denied. Is this for real or just a delaying tactic to disperse the protestors?

Finally some good news.

• Options
    definitely a delay tactic ... think they are gonna wait until trump gets in ... i also suspect that with winter setting in - costs to continue construction of the pipeline increases so, might as well wait and see if trump does something ...

having said that - this is a big win relatively speaking ... bodes well for the Canadian version that is starting up now with the Kinder Morgan pipeline ...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    oil company is moving forward regardless.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    From Neil Young:
    Will OBAMA STAND UP?

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION AND RULE OF FEDERAL LAW IGNORED BY SUNOCO AND ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNERS / DAPL

ARE SUNOCO AND ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNER / DAPL MORE POWERFUL THAN YOUR GOVERNMENT?

The Army Corps of Engineers denied the Dakota Access Permit on Sunday. Standing Rock Sioux Chairman Dave Archambault made the announcement at Oceti Sakowin Camp, which was broadcast live on Standing Rock Spirit Resistance Radio.
    DAPL owners responded late Sunday night and said nothing has changed.
    "As stated all along, ETP and SXL are fully committed to ensuring that this vital project is brought to completion and fully expect to complete construction of the pipeline without any additional rerouting in and around Lake Oahe. Nothing this Administration has done today changes that in any way," Energy Transfer Partners and Sunoco said in a statement late Sunday night. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161204005090/en/
    When the announcement was made in the live broadcast water protectors were urged by speakers at Oceti Sakowin Camp not to leave. They expected DAPL to ignore the Army Corps decision and proceed as DAPL has done before.
    The question now is whether President Obama will send in law enforcement or the military to halt DAPL from drilling without a permit. Otherwise, today's announcement will have no enforcement. It will be seen as another US and corporate ploy to send home water protectors, and thousands of veterans, now at Standing Rock Camp, where more than 10,000 are camped.
  • Options
    An honest question,
    Why is this not being covered anywhere at all?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    "Many of us, me particularly, are from the units that have hurt you over the many years. We came. We fought you. We took your land. We signed treaties that we broke. We stole minerals from your sacred hills. We blasted the faced of our presidents onto your sacred mountain. When we took still more land and then we took your children and then we tried to make your language and we tried to eliminate your language that God gave you, and the Creator gave you. We didn’t respect you, we polluted your Earth, we’ve hurt you in so many ways but we’ve come to say that we are sorry. We are at your service and we beg for your forgiveness." - Wes Clark Jr.

“We beg for your forgiveness”: Veterans join Native elders in celebration ceremony

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/05/we-beg-for-your-forgiveness-veterans-join-native-elders-in-celebration-ceremony/
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881

An honest question,

why, there are Trump Tweets to report on, of course!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

An honest question,

define not being covered? ... it's on the news sites i look at ... also, could be that US customs is doing their best to deny journalists ...