Options

Kaepernick

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/mlb/seattle-mariners/mariners-insider-blog/article103589062.html

First: "Black people beating whites when a thug got shot holding a gun by a black officer. Haha (stuff) cracks me up! Keep kneeling for the Anthem!"

Couple things here...the beating white people comes from internet non sense circulated that wasn't from Charlotte or the US for that matter, thug is a somewhat acceptable way of saying N word, ignoring how anyone can determine guy is a thug and that he was holding a gun. "By a black officer" is an interesting narrative not to mention that some question if it was the black officer that pulled the trigger. And finally total butt hurt over anthem kneeling.

Not only is he a raging racist, but a ignorant moron to boot.
    I do give him credit for being honest thou, most dance around the(ir) issue of disrespecting the flag and military blah blah, he cut right to.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    He won the lottery by being born
    Big hand slapped a white male American
    Do no wrong so clean cut
    Dirty his hands it comes right off
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    polaris_x said:

Do no wrong so clean cut

on the other hand you could probably quote 100 rap songs glorifying the thug life so whats your point?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

"That's the great thing about this country"
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    pjhawks said:

polaris_x said:

Do no wrong so clean cut

on the other hand you could probably quote 100 rap songs glorifying the thug life so whats your point?
    my point is this ...

the notion of institutionalized racism and white privilege has been understood by many for a long time ... it's been understood by the band you are a fan of ...

everything is interconnected ... the world does not operate in isolation ... people don't arbitrarily wake up one day and decide they want to strap bombs to their chests and kill innocent people ... it isn't random that access to education, health care and services are weakest in poor neighbourhoods that in many cases have black people living there ...

so, while you may see some black men as thugs ... I ask that you see the circumstances that made that man into a thug ... a man supposedly born into the best country in this world ... the country that supposedly offers up endless opportunities if you just work hard ... the one that espouses liberty, freedom and democracy around the world through missiles and fighter jets ...

guilt is a powerful thing ... most people don't want to feel it ... so, it's as simply as rationalizing a cheeseburger to somewhat with high cholesterol ... you can rationalize anything you want to explain things the way you want but likely that's all it is ... the truth and facts are there for everyone to see ... but only if you are open to it ...

edit:
    from the movie hell or high water (which I highly recommend to everyone on the train) .. paraphrasing a bit as I can't remember word for word ...

"being poor is like a disease ... being passed on from generation to generation"
    Post edited by polaris_x on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited September 2016
    f5
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited September 2016
    pjhawks said:

Should your staff be required to participate in a ceremony that is unrelated to your job duties?

yes if it is part of the employment agreement and doesn't break any laws. this kind of stuff happens all the time in business. lots of big companies do activities during the workday that aren't directly related to their job duties.
    Pretty sure employees can't be forced to express patriotism and/or be made to worship a flag if they don't want to though. Not unless that is specifically written into their contract. If there isn't anything about that in their contract, then I'm pretty sure kneeling during the anthem is perfectly allowable. I still just can't believe anyone thinks they should be stopped from doing it. I for one am very glad they are. I hope it catches on even more. It has brought up a very valuable public conversation that is probably reaching a lot of young people.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

Should your staff be required to participate in a ceremony that is unrelated to your job duties?

yes if it is part of the employment agreement and doesn't break any laws. this kind of stuff happens all the time in business. lots of big companies do activities during the workday that aren't directly related to their job duties.
    Pretty sure employees can't be forced to express patriotism and/or be made to worship a flag if they don't want to though. Not unless that is specifically written into their contract. If there isn't anything about that in their contract, then I'm pretty sure kneeling during the anthem is perfectly allowable. I still just can't believe anyone thinks they should be stopped from doing it. I for one am very glad they are. I hope it catches on even more. It has brought up a very valuable public conversation that is probably reaching a lot of young people.
    It is spreading.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    Good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Steve Clevenger pretty much validated the movement Kaepernick started with his actions on Friday... and nobody is talking about him.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Steve Clevenger pretty much validated the movement Kaepernick started with his actions on Friday... and nobody is talking about him.

Had to look it up.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/17621239/thank-steve-clevenger-your-tweets-prove-kaepernick-detractors-all-wrong

"thug" and "animals"....I'm sure Steve didn't mean those words in a racist way. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2016

The
    JC29856 said:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/mlb/seattle-mariners/mariners-insider-blog/article103589062.html

First: "Black people beating whites when a thug got shot holding a gun by a black officer. Haha (stuff) cracks me up! Keep kneeling for the Anthem!"

Couple things here...the beating white people comes from internet non sense circulated that wasn't from Charlotte or the US for that matter, thug is a somewhat acceptable way of saying N word, ignoring how anyone can determine guy is a thug and that he was holding a gun. "By a black officer" is an interesting narrative not to mention that some question if it was the black officer that pulled the trigger. And finally total butt hurt over anthem kneeling.

Not only is he a raging racist, but a ignorant moron to boot.
    I do give him credit for being honest thou, most dance around the(ir) issue of disrespecting the flag and military blah blah, he cut right to.

I'm a nobody.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    We saw this huge billboard coming down off the Bay Bridge heading east from San Francisco toward Oakland. As soon as I saw it I just went, "Yeah!" Didn't have time to get off a shot but here's the image:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/26/billboard-supporting-colin-kaepernick-being-placed-on-bay-bridge/
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Fuck Patriotism

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    brianlux said:

We saw this huge billboard coming down off the Bay Bridge heading east from San Francisco toward Oakland. As soon as I saw it I just went, "Yeah!" Didn't have time to get off a shot but here's the image:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/26/billboard-supporting-colin-kaepernick-being-placed-on-bay-bridge/

Really Brian there was a billboard that said that in SF. THAT'S one cool city I have to visit one day. What CK has started isn't going away anytime soon.....I'm sure more and more prominent people will be voicing themselves as this football and election year continues both for and against this stance.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,822
    Serena "I will no longer be silent"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I think most would agree with CK on this

“It was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates,” Kaepernick said Tuesday, the day after the first presidential debate between Trump and Clinton, according to USA Today.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/298157-colin-kaepernick-clinton-trump-embarrassing?post_id=10105177485419523_10105753509891863#_=_
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    freedom of speech and freedom to protest works both ways. they are just exercising their rights since it is a volunteer detail.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I think most would agree with CK on this

“It was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates,” Kaepernick said Tuesday, the day after the first presidential debate between Trump and Clinton, according to USA Today.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/298157-colin-kaepernick-clinton-trump-embarrassing?post_id=10105177485419523_10105753509891863#_=_

true, but it also is embarrassing to have been fined by the NFL for calling another player the n-word is it not? Kaepernick has never been under the scrutiny that the people running for POTUS are and rightfully so.
  • Options
    g under p said:

brianlux said:

Really Brian there was a billboard that said that in SF. THAT'S one cool city I have to visit one day. What CK has started isn't going away anytime soon.....I'm sure more and more prominent people will be voicing themselves as this football and election year continues both for and against this stance.

Peace

My only criticism of San Francisco is that it has been more or less taken over by wealthy computer industry people. An average person could once afford to live there. When I lived there from 1969 to 1973 I worked minimum wage jobs and shared a nice spacious flat in the Upper Haight Ashbury District with a couple guys and it had marvelous views, a garage, use of the roof to lounge and a small yard. No way could I afford to live there today. I know a young professional who lives in the Castro district who pays $3,200 per month for a very modest 2 bedroom apartment, no view.

But nevertheless, it's a beautiful city, stunning really. So much to do and see!

And yes, Bay Area supports Collin Kaepernick!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    Fist question that comes to mind is how does someone that stupid make it into college?

• Options
    brianlux said:

JC29856 said:
    Fist question that comes to mind is how does someone that stupid make it into college?
    Parents prob met there and they contribute $.
    I must say that it takes some serious nads to do that. Ultimately it's a free country and he has just as much right as anyone else.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

JC29856 said:
    Parents prob met there and they contribute $.
    I must say that it takes some serious nads to do that. Ultimately it's a free country and he has just as much right as anyone else.
    Yes, we are free to make fools of ourselves and to act foolishly. Glad he got a little "reward" for doing so. Busted!

• Options
    It's funny that people backing him are mad because he clowned Hillary as a racist. Hypocrites

cnn.com/2016/08/30/opinions/where-kaepernick-lost-me-cane/
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,827
    JC29856 said:
    Cops are just as bad as "millennial snowflakes" for needing "safe spaces."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    That shitty third string end of career no good unpatriotic hater of troops cops etc etc disrespecting USA etc etc etc etc QB was just named starting QB
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

That shitty third string end of career no good unpatriotic hater of troops cops etc etc disrespecting USA etc etc etc etc QB was just named starting QB

Starting QB of the worst team outside of Cleveland (which put a wide receiver in for QB this past Sunday because they frick'n suuuuuuck).