Options

Third Man Package Arrived!

Comments

• Options
    Vikkivale said:

still waiting for mine. B in California...

Don't worry. C in So Cal arrived today. Holiday pushed it back. You can't be far behind.
    here for the music...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Got mine today in Vancouver (via Canada Post). :) Tracking still says that it's on its way to the destination country, so yeah, the international tracking is apparently totally useless. I hope this switch to FedEx isn't permanent. Anyway, looking forward to getting it home!
    BTW, I was surprised to see it's in two separate boxes that are held together with two thin rubber bands. They really trust those rubber bands! Both boxes are labelled, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few people got them delivered separately because the rubber bands broke during transit.

2 separate boxes? That's weird unless you ordered 2!
    Whoops. No, I didn't order two, but I just got home and discovered that they sent me two anyway! I figured the book must be in the second box or something! Sooooooo.... score! :lol: I assume you just keep the second item when mistakes like this happen, right?? I mean as opposed to contacting them? I'm not about to pay shipping to return it to them. (I will sit on this for a while - I am sure I can find something good to do with the freebie :) ).
    Maybe a secret admirer bought you one too.
    Congrats tho, dude. Hahahha
    Soul ain't no dude you two.
    Lol, thanks 2-feign! Although at least Dr. D for sure knows I am female. He just calls me dude. Which is nice, because I call women dudes all the time to their faces and I am glad I'm not the only one. :tongue:

As for the secret admirer theory....... I seriously doubt that! :lol: Maybe there was just a glitch in the TMR system, or someone doing the shipping fucked it up somehow. Shit happens.
    Awe, there may be some crushing on the pj forums!!!

Nice score Soul!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Got mine today in Vancouver (via Canada Post). :) Tracking still says that it's on its way to the destination country, so yeah, the international tracking is apparently totally useless. I hope this switch to FedEx isn't permanent. Anyway, looking forward to getting it home!
    BTW, I was surprised to see it's in two separate boxes that are held together with two thin rubber bands. They really trust those rubber bands! Both boxes are labelled, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few people got them delivered separately because the rubber bands broke during transit.

Whoops. No, I didn't order two, but I just got home and discovered that they sent me two anyway! I figured the book must be in the second box or something! Sooooooo.... score! :lol: I assume you just keep the second item when mistakes like this happen, right?? I mean as opposed to contacting them? I'm not about to pay shipping to return it to them. (I will sit on this for a while - I am sure I can find something good to do with the freebie :) ).
    Lol, thanks 2-feign! Although at least Dr. D for sure knows I am female. He just calls me dude. Which is nice, because I call women dudes all the time to their faces and I am glad I'm not the only one. :tongue:

As for the secret admirer theory....... I seriously doubt that! :lol: Maybe there was just a glitch in the TMR system, or someone doing the shipping fucked it up somehow. Shit happens.
    I know she's a she :) I call chicks dude too!
    Hello, i'm from the netherlands and i also receive 2 packages and ordered only one. I had a thirdmanrecords vault membership previously but cancelled it 2 years ago.
    Got the same with the tracking of one of the packages "in transit in destination country" but i already received both.
    Only got 1 email from thirdman with the tracking information, i took the other tracking code from the package to trace it.
    Very strange...............
  • Options
    TO241794TO241794 Lyon, FR Posts: 22
    Enzed said:

For anyone who care, it arrived in Auckland, New Zealand today.

FYI, I've received it yesterday in France.
    2000 - Paris, FR
    2006 - Paris, FR
    2007 - Werchter, BE
    2009 - Berlin, DE
    2010 - Arras, FR
    2012 - Manchester 1, GB
    2012 - Oslo, NO
    2014 - Amsterdam 1, NL
    2014 - Oslo, NO
    2018 - Home Shows 1 & 2

EV 
    2017 - Taormina 1 & 2, IT
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 161
    Did everyone who received their copy receive an email as well that it was shipped? I haven't received either as of yet...starting to worry a bit.
  • Options
    a ton of these on ebay now if anyone still wants one. i'm keeping mine as trade bait for a GA ticket for the next tour, so i can be on the rail again. my copy remains unopened of course.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    mckay said:

Did everyone who received their copy receive an email as well that it was shipped? I haven't received either as of yet...starting to worry a bit.

Received an email that it was shipped by FedEx that included a tracking number. Both tracking numbers don't work for me. One already received and it was shipped by Canada Post.

The weird thing about my custom form is IF the package was undeliverable, it would return to Maimo, Sweden. Not to Nashville, TN.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233

a ton of these on ebay now if anyone still wants one. i'm keeping mine as trade bait for a GA ticket for the next tour, so i can be on the rail again. my copy remains unopened of course.

Just an fyi so you don't waste your time but you might want to read the ticket rules.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

:lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    edited September 2016
    Just got mine in Toronto, last name K. FedEx tracking number showed 'on way to destination country' this morning and was delivered by Canada Post.
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hello, i'm from the netherlands and i also receive 2 packages and ordered only one. I had a thirdmanrecords vault membership previously but cancelled it 2 years ago.
    Got the same with the tracking of one of the packages "in transit in destination country" but i already received both.
    Only got 1 email from thirdman with the tracking information, i took the other tracking code from the package to trace it.
    Very strange...............
    Interesting (there goes the secret admirer theory :lol: ). I have also had a TMR subscription in the past but hadn't gone for the Vault for at least the last two offerings.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Got my packages yesterday finally!
  • Options
    lenglolenglo Quebec City, Canada Posts: 36
    This is what I got from TMR after reaching out to them.

Thank you for your message, I apologize for the delay in receiving your Vault shipment. All international packages are shipped using FedEx International Mailservice (FIMS), wherein packages are all sent to a central international distribution center in Sweden, dispatched to their respective countries, and handed off to that country's mail service for customs clearance and delivery.
    demetrios said:

mckay said:

Received an email that it was shipped by FedEx that included a tracking number. Both tracking numbers don't work for me. One already received and it was shipped by Canada Post.

The weird thing about my custom form is IF the package was undeliverable, it would return to Maimo, Sweden. Not to Nashville, TN.
  • Options
    Jed said:

demetrios said:

Anyone received their copy from the regular TMR Vault membership or all they all 10C-One time Vault access copies?

I received my TMR Vault membership vinyl last week. Haven't received my 10C "one time" Vault yet here in Canada.
    I received both on the same day.
    Just received my 2nd one just now. Both labels were made on August 15th. One label was created @ 10:57am, the other @ 11:37am. It took a whole week to deliver the 11:37am label which was only 40 minutes apart. Thank you Canada Post. :p
  • Options
    Thanks! They sure did a wonderful job getting it fast to Canada, and getting it here without any customs charges. TMR rocks!!!
    lenglo said:

This is what I got from TMR after reaching out to them.

Thank you for your message, I apologize for the delay in receiving your Vault shipment. All international packages are shipped using FedEx International Mailservice (FIMS), wherein packages are all sent to a central international distribution center in Sweden, dispatched to their respective countries, and handed off to that country's mail service for customs clearance and delivery.

demetrios said:

mckay said:

• Options
    hurricanezekehurricanezeke Posts: 177
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I have twice received multiple copies of TMR Vaults.. The first time, I actually received 3(!) and contacted TMR.. They instructed me to mail back to them directly and they PayPal'd me to refund the shipping costs. The second time I kept my duplicate. I actually ended up trading it here as part of a package to get No Code vinyl.

I'm a member of the TMR Collectors Facebook groups.. Some over there have reported receiving cool "gifts" in exchange for the kindness of mailing the duplicate back.. But I received nothing..

Post edited by hurricanezeke on
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    monoinenmonoinen Helsinki Posts: 11
    Arrived to Helsinki, Finland today.
    Now, this is what i call a great package. Beautiful.

Now next we continue waiting, waiting since 1993!
  • Options
    monoinen said:

Take finlandsfärjan to Sweden :P
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So it's a nice package for the music on it.... But unlike most of the people posting here, I don't find it particularly beautiful or impressive. The book is very nicely made but lacks any decent content and basically ignores the whole band besides Eddie, which I find strange. The pin isn't very cool IMO. Looks like a button from a pair of Levis. The album jacket is fine but nothing spectacular. I do like that soft-touch material, but other than that, it's just a standard jacket. I have received MUCH nicer packages from TMR. For me this is average at best as far as presentation goes. I'm not complaining mind you. I'm still really happy to have the actual show on vinyl and the price was pretty good. It's just that I found that it's been over-hyped on these boards as far as how wonderful the physical package overall goes. Nothing special as far as I'm concerned, in TMR Vault terms.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ^ Soul, you should know by now that EVERYTHING gets hyped up beyond realistic levels of expectation around here. Thats why I have learned to temper those expectations when it comes to anything PJ, whether release, new music, concert, etc.
    I'll add, the Out of Sand song did absolutely nothing for me. It may be the limited sound quality of the recording but it seemed blah to me. I'll def have to give the live version a shot when I get to it,but yeah.
    This TMR is a nice release.....sound is good, nothing spectacular, but it is a definite cool piece to add to the PJ Live library.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    PJ_Soul said:

So it's a nice package for the music on it.... But unlike most of the people posting here, I don't find it particularly beautiful or impressive. The book is very nicely made but lacks any decent content and basically ignores the whole band besides Eddie, which I find strange. The pin isn't very cool IMO. Looks like a button from a pair of Levis. The album jacket is fine but nothing spectacular. I do like that soft-touch material, but other than that, it's just a standard jacket. I have received MUCH nicer packages from TMR. For me this is average at best as far as presentation goes. I'm not complaining mind you. I'm still really happy to have the actual show on vinyl and the price was pretty good. It's just that I found that it's been over-hyped on these boards as far as how wonderful the physical package overall goes. Nothing special as far as I'm concerned, in TMR Vault terms.

Kind of agree. This is the only TMR Vault I've purchased, but I always check them out quarterly and there are definitely way better Vault packages out there. Still, I highly enjoy these vinyl pressings!
  • Options
    edited September 2016

^ Soul, you should know by now that EVERYTHING gets hyped up beyond realistic levels of expectation around here. Thats why I have learned to temper those expectations when it comes to anything PJ, whether release, new music, concert, etc.
    I'll add, the Out of Sand song did absolutely nothing for me. It may be the limited sound quality of the recording but it seemed blah to me. I'll def have to give the live version a shot when I get to it,but yeah.
    This TMR is a nice release.....sound is good, nothing spectacular, but it is a definite cool piece to add to the PJ Live library.

Oh yeah, I actually forgot about the single. I listened to an mp3 of it last week and just didn't really like the song much. Had nothing to do with the old-timey sound quality. I think the melody is a little awkward and bland Yeah, it just does nothing for me either. I still haven't listened to the actual PJ show though, and I do have somewhat high expectations for that. The show is the only reason I ordered the package in the first place, so I hope at least that hasn't been over-hyped!
    (again, not saying I regret buying it. Even if the show doesn't meet my expectation... I can't have any holes in my PJ vinyl collection in any case. That's why I own a copy of Backspacer, hahaha ;) ).
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh yeah, I actually forgot about the single. I listened to an mp3 of it last week and just didn't really like the song much. Had nothing to do with the old-timey sound quality. I think the melody is a little awkward and bland Yeah, it just does nothing for me either. I still haven't listened to the actual PJ show though, and I do have somewhat high expectations for that. The show is the only reason I ordered the package in the first place, so I hope at least that hasn't been over-hyped!
    (again, not saying I regret buying it. Even if the show doesn't meet my expectation... I can't have any holes in my PJ vinyl collection in any case. That's why I own a copy of Backspacer, hahaha ;) ).
    Good stuff, pjs. I look forward to your thoughts on the vinyl. I'm one of the few who thinks the whole shebang is kinda lackluster. Nice to have in the collection, without a doubt, but out of the pretty large pj collection I have I don't see myself reaching for it very often.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool. The definite stand outs to me were 1/2 Full , Of the Earth and Let me Sleep. Was my first time ever hearing OTE, and IDK if I liked it because it was SOMETHING different sounding from this band, but it grabbed my interest for now, more so the second half of the song.
    Pendulum, MYM are snoozers for me, Deep was nice, but seemed Ed struggled in parts with it.
    Life Wasted and HTI are always nice but werent the greatest representations of those songs that I've witnessed/heard.
    It would have been nice to get the Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy duo on this recording though.
    I agree with Horse, this is something that I cant see myself reaching for on a regular basis but a nice little treat every once in awhile.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The hole on my record has loosened consideredably after repeated insertions of the spindle ;)
  • Options
    monoinenmonoinen Helsinki Posts: 11

monoinen said:

Take finlandsfärjan to Sweden :P
    Done that, will do again if necessery. It's a hard trip though...
  • Options
    Got mine yesterday! I'm an H
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

that pin is like 1 size too big.
    sometimes a photog can get carried away. I mean, he is ED.

im more psyched for Yield and No Code to be honest.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,938
    PJ_Soul said:

It's just that I found that it's been over-hyped on these boards as far as how wonderful the physical package overall goes. Nothing special as far as I'm concerned, in TMR Vault terms.

Water in the desert tho mate...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Did anyone who contacted Third Man about receiving a damaged vinyl get a reply about a replacement yet? They replied last week saying they'd be taking care of these this week, but I haven't heard anything yet...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)