Options

Third Man Package Arrived!

Comments

• Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Just got mine 'D" in Arizona. I've been a TMR Vault subscriber for awhile and this is their best package yet.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524

Just got mine
    D in Colorado
    Checked FedEx tracking and it said it had been left at front door.
    It was at my front door but no knock no doorbell ring nothing to let me know it was there!!

I hate that. I find more and more carriers are doing that now. I boil it down to just sheer laziness on the part of the person delivering the package.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    PJ_Soul said:

hsohi said:

Germany before Canada....hmmm.

It is clearly not a 10c issue (regarding their vault delivery to Canada) or a TMR issue. FedEx and USPS obviously are getting the items to Canada on time but it is Canada Post that fumbles and stumbles around. With Central Europe getting an item quicker than Canada maybe it is time to privatize Canada Post.
    this. Canada Post absolutely fucking sucks.
    Canada Post doesn't ding you with customs charges though, and actually, I always find that they give really good service. I have NEVER had anything go wrong with an order delivered by CP. My only mailing issues in terms of service/speed stem from Canada Customs holding everything up, not CP. Blame Canada Customs. They are SO slow, it's completely ridiculous. At any rate, I would much rather wait longer and not pay brokerage fees.
    yes, customs is obviously a big part of it. but I stand by my comment about canada post.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    Mine arrived today....F in Los Angeles, California
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Just got mine
    D in Colorado
    Checked FedEx tracking and it said it had been left at front door.
    It was at my front door but no knock no doorbell ring nothing to let me know it was there!!

I hate that. I find more and more carriers are doing that now. I boil it down to just sheer laziness on the part of the person delivering the package.
    UPS usually does it, but Fedex never does for me, including the drop off today. :monkey:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited September 2016
    seems ill not get this,,i order it and i put name and adress of a friend in usa.....thing is third man record accidentally put my name on the shipping and not the one i put at shipping form..now package is in at a fedex store in new york at my name and noone can pick it up..
    oh well.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189

seems ill not get this,,i order it and i put name and adress of a friend in usa.....thing is third man record accidentally put my name on the shipping and not the one i put at shipping form..now package is in at a fedex store at my name and noone can pick it up..
    oh well.

that sucks.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383

seems ill not get this,,i order it and i put name and adress of a friend in usa.....thing is third man record accidentally put my name on the shipping and not the one i put at shipping form..now package is in at a fedex store in new york at my name and noone can pick it up..
    oh well.

You should call the FedEx store. Surely, someone could pick it up for you.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

oh well.

I would email Third Man. I'm pretty sure if something isn't picked up after a certain amount of time the package is shipped back to the sender. Maybe they can correct it once that happens. They have really accommodating customer service!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Got mine in Ontario today, last "E"
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    BLACK35 said:

Sweet, who delivered it? Any duty?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    Just listened to this now.

I never quite got the love for Of the Earth but now I'm well and truly converted! It blew me away.

Great release all round; sound quality, performance, booklet...even the high quality cover. Really happy, great work by TMR!!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945

oh well.

Will it be returned to TMR if not collected? I'd contact them, they might be willing to resend, particularly if it was an error on their part that's caused the problem.

Hope it works out.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Just got mine in Massachusetts. The photo book is outstanding as well as the vinyl. Of the Earth is bound to become a bigger song for them after this. Only complaint, too short.

photo image_zpsgi50gnnp.jpeg
    Post edited by Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayh on
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Horse2345 said:

BLACK35 said:

Canada Post and was fully expecting to pay duty, whih she said no and I was very pumped about that. But she said I had to pay duty on the other package I received and that was the Cliver Wrigley poster. Now that I was shocked about, I have never paid duty on a poster before...$26.05
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,232
    Just finished a full listen and everything sounds great. Of the Earth definitely has the fullest sound to it, maybe because it's never had an official release to compare to. Loved 1/2 Full and Deep. Let Me Sleep version is a true gem. Really stands out recorded this way.

I really liked Out of Sand too. There were parts of it I felt I recognized from another Pearl Jam song and then it hit me, Nothingman. Just my thoughts anyway. Quality release all around!

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    BLACK35 said:

Horse2345 said:

BLACK35 said:

Canada Post and was fully expecting to pay duty, whih she said no and I was very pumped about that. But she said I had to pay duty on the other package I received and that was the Cliver Wrigley poster. Now that I was shocked about, I have never paid duty on a poster before...$26.05
    Sweet, thanks. Sorry about the poster duty. Who knows how Canada post works. I just got one of the Boston Jerseys for $115 and no duty! But like you i've paid on $30 items.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 275
    edited September 2016
    Still haven't gotten the package or any shipping notification for that matter. Feeling a little concerned. Should I be? Last name starts with J.

EDIT: Just realizing that my shipping address was a PO Box. I don't believe FedEx delivers to PO Boxes. Uh oh.
    Post edited by tylerj on
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    tylerj said:

Still haven't gotten the package or any shipping notification for that matter. Feeling a little concerned. Should I be? Last name starts with J.

Well, "L" arrived 2 states to your west on Tuesday, so seems kinda weird.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    tylerj said:

EDIT: Just realizing that my shipping address was a PO Box. I don't believe FedEx delivers to PO Boxes. Uh oh.

Last name J here too. I am in the same boat. Getting a little concerned and I have already sent 2 emails to TMR. haven't heard a damn thing back from them. at least now I know that others haven't heard anything either.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    lolobugg said:

tylerj said:

I am in the same boat. Getting a little concerned and I have already sent 2 emails to TMR. haven't heard a damn thing back from them.
    Yep, PO Box will be a problem. You should call them on the phone.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

lolobugg said:

tylerj said:

I am in the same boat. Getting a little concerned and I have already sent 2 emails to TMR. haven't heard a damn thing back from them.
    Ok, thanks. Will do.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options

lolobugg said:

tylerj said:

alright, cool. just left a message.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

tylerj said:

alright, cool. just left a message.
    Just called customer support. Woman there said the PO Box shouldn't be a problem even when I told her FedEx usually doesn't deliver to PO Boxes unless they deliver it the post office first.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    edited September 2016
    Just received mine in the mail here in Nova Scotia. It was delivered by Canada Post. Not FedEx.
    No customs, duty taxes at all. Kick ass Third Man Records. Kick ass!! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    Horse2345 said:

BLACK35 said:

Horse2345 said:

BLACK35 said:

Sweet, thanks. Sorry about the poster duty. Who knows how Canada post works. I just got one of the Boston Jerseys for $115 and no duty! But like you i've paid on $30 items.
    Every poster I've purchased from http://invisible-industries.com/ , I get hit with customs. Every single time!

I was kinda shocked the TMR Vaults were shipped by Canada Post. Not FedEx. I'm happy shocked cause if it was delivered by FedEx, we would be paying customs especially from FedEx.
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 923
    Was scheduled to arrive Tuesday but after a little address label snafu(somehow the apartment number was left off) i picked mine up from fedex today. T in LA.
    All around beautiful set, cant wait to give it a spin!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    Sounds fucking great. Looks great!! Well worth the money!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Got mine but it's too late to through it on the turntable...it's killing me!
    Otherwise - way cool packaging - the book is awesome! And the gatefold is nice as well. Really high quality stock, the finish feels velvety.

TMR and PJ scored a homer with this one! Just wish I got a second copy because I can see this record getting worn out hehehe!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    F'n finally getting a listen.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.