Options

Third Man Package Arrived!

Comments

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    This Beauty already arrived in Germany!
    What a great package - I'm not able to spin it at the moment...but to hold it in my hands now is already wonderful. :heart:
  • Options
    Germany before Canada....hmmm.
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    Wow. What a killer version of Of The Earth
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Anyone have any sound issues? Pendulum starts off very weird for me. Sounds like it's spinning at 45rpm for the first minute then gets normal
  • Options
    wgonfanwgonfan Posts: 21
    edited August 2016
    got mine today... F'in awesome;. I love the intimate raw warm sound. Reminds me of my youth and jamming in garage bands (but 1000 times better). My TT took a dump on me or something and o can't get the speed right on the 45 so it sound like shit.. ill call that an excuse for a new one.

Anyhow, OP. What up with the notepad sheets? Looks like Out of Sand lyrics? Is that original? Did that come with your vault? If so that's really cool and I don't think anyone else got anything like that.. Edited.... I should of flipped through my photo book first.

Also unless it's a camera trick the swirls on the inner circle of the record is different from what ive seen other posted.

Post edited by wgonfan on
  • Options
    wgonfanwgonfan Posts: 21
    I was wondering if everyone's inscriptions on the inner circle is the same? A side I have the typical QC stuff bit also one that says "live at TMR" and another that says "unmute the Boom!" On B I have "direct to acetate" and "kW shouts in approval"
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    wgonfan said:

got mine today... F'in awesome;. I love the intimate raw warm sound. Reminds me of my youth and jamming in garage bands (but 1000 times better). My TT took a dump on me or something and o can't get the speed right on the 45 so it sound like shit.. ill call that an excuse for a new one.

Anyhow, OP. What up with the notepad sheets? Looks like Out of Sand lyrics? Is that original? Did that come with your vault? If so that's really cool and I don't think anyone else got anything like that.

Also unless it's a camera trick the swirls on the inner circle of the record is different from what ive seen other posted.

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    Received my copy here (The Netherlands) today as well. What a beauty of a package! Well worth the money,although somehow I did expect it to be in box like the Ten and Vs/Vitalogy box ( all nicely put together in a big box), but very happy with it nonetheless!
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

Germany before Canada....hmmm.

It is clearly not a 10c issue (regarding their vault delivery to Canada) or a TMR issue. FedEx and USPS obviously are getting the items to Canada on time but it is Canada Post that fumbles and stumbles around. With Central Europe getting an item quicker than Canada maybe it is time to privatize Canada Post.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    2nd day in a row it's been delayed. In 600 or so miles they have to move it, it's like they knew I would be out of town tomorrow and strived for that delivery date.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Anyone have any sound issues? Pendulum starts off very weird for me. Sounds like it's spinning at 45rpm for the first minute then gets normal

Are you sure it's not your player?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    wgonfan said:

I was wondering if everyone's inscriptions on the inner circle is the same? A side I have the typical QC stuff bit also one that says "live at TMR" and another that says "unmute the Boom!" On B I have "direct to acetate" and "kW shouts in approval"

Yeah the deadwax inscriptions are usually the same for the same pressing records.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Let Me Sleep is the unsung gem of this recording imo! Of The Earth is pretty darn good with Jack, and now that I've heard it live myself (Wrigley 2) it's definitely growing on me!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,782
    Spoke to TMR today. They said they have to wait until they have finished shipping and then they start addressing issues (like my poor destroyed vault). Looks like I wait a couple more weeks at least to get mine which is ok since I don't actually currently own a turntable to play it on.

Note to self... Stop buying posters and vinyls so you can save up for the turntable to play said vinyls. Geesh
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455

Spoke to TMR today. They said they have to wait until they have finished shipping and then they start addressing issues (like my poor destroyed vault). Looks like I wait a couple more weeks at least to get mine which is ok since I don't actually currently own a turntable to play it on.

Note to self... Stop buying posters and vinyls so you can save up for the turntable to play said vinyls. Geesh

Lack of a turntable. I know that problem. Pre-ordered a Wilco Schmilco Project Debut Carbon, but it won't be here until November. Stop buying posters until you have a turntable.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options

Gonna try a new needle but the rest of the album sounds great and I also put on Yield and it sounded fine
  • Options
    I fucking LOVE the intro in the book. And the pictures are amazing.
  • Options
    theboywiltheboywil Seattle Posts: 59
    Has anyone else noticed (or does anyone else have) the looping crowd noise at the end of the lock groove on side A? I have Pro-Ject Carbon turntable so no auto return. The fact that there doesn't appear to be one on the B-Side made me wonder how intentional it was.

Here's 10 seconds of it playing https://youtu.be/1QJYXhe8oqM

Jack White has in the past done strange stuff (like press hidden tracks onto the label, google - lazaretto hidden tracks) makes me wonder if somehow one of the other tracks from the night are hidden somewhere.
    Well we've been a good few hours drinking
    So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
    If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
    Then we might as well have a parade
  • Options

"Beautiful ideas do not die, but they need guardians, stewards, and caretakers to see their progression and also so that new initiates have the necessary understanding, know-how, and love to continue these on, long after we're all dead and gone."
    That immediately resonated with me. Impeccable words with exemplary meaning.
  • Options

"Beautiful ideas do not die, but they need guardians, stewards, and caretakers to see their progression and also so that new initiates have the necessary understanding, know-how, and love to continue these on, long after we're all dead and gone."
    That immediately resonated with me. Impeccable words with exemplary meaning.

Exactly.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I recognize the look of horror on Jill's face when Ed and Jack are monkeying around - I've seen it on my wife's face and my friends wives faces when the boys get back together.
  • Options
    moozeekfanmoozeekfan Posts: 194
    edited September 2016
    theboywil said:

Has anyone else noticed (or does anyone else have) the looping crowd noise at the end of the lock groove on side A? I have Pro-Ject Carbon turntable so no auto return. The fact that there doesn't appear to be one on the B-Side made me wonder how intentional it was.

Here's 10 seconds of it playing https://youtu.be/1QJYXhe8oqM

Jack White has in the past done strange stuff (like press hidden tracks onto the label, google - lazaretto hidden tracks) makes me wonder if somehow one of the other tracks from the night are hidden somewhere.

The same thing is on mine. Maybe the record can be spun backward to reveal the rest.

I'm using my $50 turntable I got on Amazon. :p
    Post edited by moozeekfan on
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    statchwecstatchwec Des Moines, IA Posts: 23
    Is the Eddie Vedder 7" inside the 12" records packaging?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    statchwec said:

Yes
  • Options
    statchwecstatchwec Des Moines, IA Posts: 23

statchwec said:

Yes
    Thank you!
  • Options
    svenhoeksvenhoek Buford, GA Posts: 52

Gonna try a new needle but the rest of the album sounds great and I also put on Yield and it sounded fine
    I can attest to the beginning of Pendulum sounding a little off as well. I wouldn't say it's so much a speed issue for me, but it just sounds slightly distorted. I don't think my table or cartridge/needle are to blame.
  • Options
    gimmiefuel69gimmiefuel69 Snoqualmie, WA Posts: 7
    Is the jacket a tad over-sized? I had a hell of a time getting my outer sleeve over it.
  • Options

Is the jacket a tad over-sized? I had a hell of a time getting my outer sleeve over it.

No problems here using Sleeve City Ultimate Outer 2.5
  • Options
    I just got mine in Northern California and played it. It sounds unreal. To those who aren't going to open it please sell it at cost to someone that will enjoy it. It deserves to be played.
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    Side B is unreal! I agree with someone who said that 'Let Me Sleep' is unsung gem of the record!
    Mix of the whole record is a little strange (with drums so up front), but overall it's really good for direct-to-acetate.
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25