Section C-7 Brawl Night 2

1235»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited August 2016

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

We've shared tables with total strangers at pre-parties in the past. Never gave it a second thought. Met some great people that way. Never worried about our drinks or anything. Will definitely be more guarded in the future. And that sucks.

Well, it's not that bad. All you have to do is not leave your drink sitting around unattended or unwatched. I've always been cautious about that in any public place no matter how many friends I'm surrounded by and it really doesn't cause any inconvenience.
    Common sense - but then if you're drinking too much, you might lose a bit of that.
    True. For me it's now instinct, just like making sure that my purse is completely secure. Since I was young I have just heard too many stories about how crafty these kinds of people are. They can slip you a mickey or steal your phone out of your bag or off the table from right in front of you, let alone when your back is turned. No matter how comfortable you feel, they have their ways. I barely even have to put conscious thought into protecting my purse or my drink now.... so if you guys start now, in about 10 or 15 years it will be like second nature for you. :lol:;) I remember when I was in Chicago in 2013 I was keeping my bag with me throughout the pre-party (with a cross-shoulder strap), and some people told me to put my bag down like on the floor somewhere and relax. Errm, I'm relaxed, but I'll keep my purse with me, thanks! Yeah, it was a 10C pre-party, but I still didn't really know everyone there (far from it). I couldn't believe that people were willing to be that careless just because it happened to be a PJ party. It almost seemed delusional to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    It happened at Game On, at the House of Blues, and at Fenway. Different staffs in all three locations. Odds that this was some rogue bus boy are very slim.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    JimmyV said:

It happened at Game On, at the House of Blues, and at Fenway. Different staffs in all three locations. Odds that this was some rogue bus boy are very slim.

I didn't realize that. In that case, yeah, we have a psychopath among us.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

We've shared tables with total strangers at pre-parties in the past. Never gave it a second thought. Met some great people that way. Never worried about our drinks or anything. Will definitely be more guarded in the future. And that sucks.

Well, it's not that bad. All you have to do is not leave your drink sitting around unattended or unwatched. I've always been cautious about that in any public place no matter how many friends I'm surrounded by and it really doesn't cause any inconvenience.
    Common sense - but then if you're drinking too much, you might lose a bit of that.
    True. For me it's now instinct, just like making sure that my purse is completely secure. Since I was young I have just heard too many stories about how crafty these kinds of people are. They can slip you a mickey or steal your phone out of your bag or off the table from right in front of you, let alone when your back is turned. No matter how comfortable you feel, they have their ways. I barely even have to put conscious thought into protecting my purse or my drink now.... so if you guys start now, in about 10 or 15 years it will be like second nature for you. :lol:;) I remember when I was in Chicago in 2013 I was keeping my bag with me throughout the pre-party (with a cross-shoulder strap), and some people told me to put my bag down like on the floor somewhere and relax. Errm, I'm relaxed, but I'll keep my purse with me, thanks! Yeah, it was a 10C pre-party, but I still didn't really know everyone there (far from it). I couldn't believe that people were willing to be that careless just because it happened to be a PJ party. It almost seemed delusional to me.
    It's a great instinct for sure - glad you follow it & one I spend time encouraging young college students to develop amongst other things in my job. The stories I hear about young ladies having who knows what put in their drinks and then they wake up the next day....some missing personal belongings & some much much worse.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,837
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

I didn't realize that. In that case, yeah, we have a psychopath among us.
    This is exactly why I'm skeptical. Just too much ground to cover for "a psychopath" in all three venues.

We'd have to be talking about a gang of at least 25-30 to wander around Fenway Park, which is under extremely heavy surveillance. If this was happening from the turf to the roof boxes, I'd say it was just alcohol poisoning and dehydration.

Similarly, the HoB has three levels. If these incidents were happening on all three levels, I'd say it was alcohol poisoning, dehydration, and heat exhaustion.

Game On is two floors and 13,000 square feet.

I just don't see how it's possible for one psychopath to cause all this damage.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    What happened to my friend at the House Of Blues was not alcohol poisoning, dehydration or heat exhaustion. I saw the aftermath with my own two eyes and that is not what I was looking at.

The girl who tested positive for Ketamine after getting sick at Game On was drugged and her doctor was able to determine what the drug was. The lady who was taken to the Beth Israel emergency room had a "synthetic hallucinogen" in her system. Doctors were unsure specifically what drug it was, but she too was drugged.

I'm sure there were plenty of cases of alcohol poisoning and dehydration over the weekend at Fenway. It was hot and people were partying. Nothing unusual about that at a Pearl Jam show. But that is not what happened to these three people.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,837
    Three people makes sense.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    the Section C-7 Brawl Night 2 was not caused by someone slipping something in someones drink, although alcohol probably played a part in it.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018