Section C-7 Brawl Night 2

Comments

• tschav said:

Were they wearing one of these shirts?

http://evenbro.threadless.com

I think you need to talk to @mfc2006 and I about copyright money there buddy! Haha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

tschav said:

I think you need to talk to @mfc2006 and I about copyright money there buddy! Haha!
    the font could use tweeking.
  • tschav said:

they stole your idea!!!!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192

tschav said:

:lol:
    you guys should've TM that sucker!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• kc007kc007 Posts: 282
    edited August 2016
    jmug23 said:

kc007 said:

Weird - a bartender at HOB told me they were limiting drinks to 1/person because so many people were totally fucked up by like 9:30. I figured it was the typical PJ couples trying to go too hard on their weekend without the kids - maybe they got dosed?

Wow. I thought a lot of people were really messed up or drunk early. Doors opened at 6 pm and yeah, by 8:30/9pm, a lot of people seemed out of their minds and quite a few got kicked out by security for starting trouble or being too drunk. I did not drink that night, so I was totally sober all night and let me tell you, I saw some weird shit going on, but I just figured that's how drunk people act nowadays. Maybe many had been drugged and didn't know it?

I'm not saying people didn't get "dosed" but it gets annoying when people have like 8-10 drinks if not more, get totally hammered, act like an idiot then the next day state someone must have put something in their drink. More often than not its people don't know when to stop drinking. Just my thoughts I guess.
    you totally have a valid point there. I'm sure most people were drinking all weekend and probably by the time Saturday evening rolled around most had a good, steady buzz going, but some people were a total sloppy mess by 9pm. And that is kinda early to be falling down. One guy standing near us could not find his wife for over 45 mins, turns out she got thrown out by security for being disorderly. IDK, you don't usually have people getting that wasted that early on, especially true fans who were so excited to view the screening of Friday night's show. There were a lot of couples there, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure anyone would have wanted to get that drunk so early and miss out on the evening's fun or ruin the evening for their spouse/ bf or gf by getting so drunk they got thrown out. And I saw a few other guys get thrown out. Luckily I had a great time and my friends and I were all safe and sound, with no incidents of any of us getting too drunk or drugged.
    Post edited by kc007 on
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,837
    kc007 said:

jmug23 said:

kc007 said:

Weird - a bartender at HOB told me they were limiting drinks to 1/person because so many people were totally fucked up by like 9:30. I figured it was the typical PJ couples trying to go too hard on their weekend without the kids - maybe they got dosed?

Wow. I thought a lot of people were really messed up or drunk early. Doors opened at 6 pm and yeah, by 8:30/9pm, a lot of people seemed out of their minds and quite a few got kicked out by security for starting trouble or being too drunk. I did not drink that night, so I was totally sober all night and let me tell you, I saw some weird shit going on, but I just figured that's how drunk people act nowadays. Maybe many had been drugged and didn't know it?

I'm not saying people didn't get "dosed" but it gets annoying when people have like 8-10 drinks if not more, get totally hammered, act like an idiot then the next day state someone must have put something in their drink. More often than not its people don't know when to stop drinking. Just my thoughts I guess.
    you totally have a valid point there. I'm sure most people were drinking all weekend and probably by the time Saturday evening rolled around most had a good, steady buzz going, but some people were a total sloppy mess by 9pm. And that is kinda early to be falling down. One guy standing near us could not find his wife for over 45 mins, turns out she got thrown out by security for being disorderly. IDK, you don't usually have people getting that wasted that early on, especially true fans who were so excited to view the screening of Friday night's show. There were a lot of couples there, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure anyone would have wanted to get that drunk so early and miss out on the evening's fun or ruin the evening for their spouse/ bf or gf by getting so drunk they got thrown out. And I saw a few other guys get thrown out. Luckily I had a great time and my friends and I were all safe and sound, with no incidents of any of us getting too drunk or drugged.
    First time in Boston, I see.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    True dat Dan.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    dankind said:

kc007 said:

jmug23 said:

kc007 said:

First time in Boston, I see.
    lol, no... sadly I'm a native.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    They took our jobs! DER DER DER
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFevxqmg92s
    lolobugg said:

tschav said:

:lol:
    you guys should've TM that sucker!!
  • jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Never understood why when some people turn into toddlers with attitude when they drink. It's like we are de-evolving...
    alcohol is literally poison
    and I'm not judging
  • Wow. I'm so glad I avoided all of that mess! Hob wasn't disorderly in my opinion. Sunday night was awesome! Great people around me. I actually don't think the people around me in all directions were drinking at all. Good thing bc I was there with my 12yo daughter.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

Wow. I'm so glad I avoided all of that mess! Hob wasn't disorderly in my opinion. Sunday night was awesome! Great people around me. I actually don't think the people around me in all directions were drinking at all. Good thing bc I was there with my 12yo daughter.

Our section was really good Sunday night, too ( a couple of peeps were drinking heavily, but no major incidents or anyone getting disorderly). I believe many people probably refrained from drinking too much due to work the next morning.
    Tiki said:

^^no truer words have ever been spoken.

If people only knew how poison alcohol truly is, especially since many are drinking beer and alcohol made from GMO's....but that is an entirely different topic.
  • I drink, just not at shows. Some of us (ahem) act crazy enough without it.
    I'm through with screaming
    edited August 2016
    Pretty quiet in my section on Sunday...just a 55 year old man right in front of me in a HOB shirt lighting up half doobs every 20 minutes.
    I can report that he started absolutely no shit and appeared to have an excellent time. Imagine that. #evensmo
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited August 2016
    I'm not overly surprised to read that so many people were completely fucked up for the Fenway shows. Boston is, according to some study I read a few years ago, the drunkest city in America. I noticed on the fanview synopsis for night 2 that Eddie even mentioned on stage to he hoped people didn't get as shit-faced that night as they did on night 1, lol, so I guess there were a lot of issues!
    I have always thought that the BC liquor laws and venue liquor policies here were really stupid, but now I'm rethinking that. Here, alcohol sales end right before the main act goes on stage (in theatres, arenas, and stadiums). You can buy a couple drinks and put them under your seat for the show, but no one can just buy beer after beer for the whole show. For PJ shows, most people who decided to get wasted for the show are just hungover by 10:00, lol. This does draw complaints, but I think it must do the job, because while people do of course show up drunk, I have NEVER seen stuff like people puking on seats and other people like the stories I hear out of Boston. :lol: And for me, it actually discourages me from drinking at most concerts altogether. If I have some drinks and then have to stop when the show starts, I know I'll just feel at least tired for the last half of the show even if I don't drink very much, so I abstain.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I thought it was better than a lot of shows I have been to.
    Tiki's note on the weed made me recall that the dudes next to my wife and I smoked no less than 10 joints throughout. I don't smoke weed but don't care if others do...it is just funny how it is meant to be illegal and it was happening everywhere. It bothered me more than they took about 10 piss breaks as well and we had to keep moving to let them in/out.
    I drank beer before, and beer during. Took one piss break, during an encore. Perhaps if I was high it would have made my bladder smaller.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    Friday night we were in section 94. It was a mess with three drunks behind us dumping beer everywhere and other drunks trying to sneak into the row or legitimately not knowing where they were. Sunday night we were in section 7 and it was a totally different experience. No spills and no problems at all.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Think about the shitshow that is the 12 New England Patriots home games. (counting pre and post season games)

kc007 said:

Tiki said:

^^no truer words have ever been spoken.

If people only knew how poison alcohol truly is, especially since many are drinking beer and alcohol made from GMO's....but that is an entirely different topic.
    agree, someone should tell ed that corona contains GMO Corn Syrup and Propylene Glycol.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I drink lightly at home but i have never had alcohol at a concert before. 1. I hate having to leave to take a piss. 2. I need to be in the moment for those performances. I dont judge tho

I drink lightly at home but i have never had alcohol at a concert before. 1. I hate having to leave to take a piss. 2. I need to be in the moment for those performances. I dont judge tho

word
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    My friend was one of the people drugged this weekend. We were at the House Of Blues on Saturday night. We were standing on the right side of the 1st floor, leaning against the rail in front of the bar area there. During Do The Evolution he left to go the bathroom. He never came back. I texted him several times but got no response. About 30-45 minutes after he left I received a call from him. He was outside the club in the street, incoherent. He didn't know what had happened to him or how he got there. He thinks he might have gotten thrown out but he doesn't know why or for sure. At first I thought he was just drunk, but within a few minutes I realized something else was wrong. He was having trouble walking and talking. Not in a drunk way, more of an inability to make his muscles work. I was able to get him up, get some water into him, and get him home. He got very sick and had a very rough night. In the morning he says he didn't feel hungover, more foggy and unable to focus. We absolutely think he was slipped something.

We had our drinks sitting on the rail all night. People were constantly reaching in to put cups down or pick cups up. it would have been very easy for a devious person to drop something in. When my friend left to go the bathroom he left his cup behind and I remember that it was not empty, so we don't think he got the full dose of whatever this shit was. We had only 2-3 drinks over a period of a few hours with food and water in between. Not nearly enough to get this guy anywhere close to the state he was in. He's OK and did not need to go to the hospital, so we are thankful for that. It could have been much worse.

The event at HOB was Ten Club only. Lottery winners had their names put on a guest list to get in the door. At the door you received two tickets for admission to the screening. While It is possible that someone could have picked up their tickets and sold them to strangers, it is highly likely that whoever did this is either in the Ten Club or walked in as a Ten Club member's +1. Be aware in Chicago at pre-parties and at the shows. Look out for yourself, your friends, and those around you.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    i take that back...not recently. I was young once.
    Now I look at it like, I'm out in public How am I going to get my car home?
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    JimmyV said:

My friend was one of the people drugged this weekend. We were at the House Of Blues on Saturday night. We were standing on the right side of the 1st floor, leaning against the rail in front of the bar area there. During Do The Evolution he left to go the bathroom. He never came back. I texted him several times but got no response. About 30-45 minutes after he left I received a call from him. He was outside the club in the street, incoherent. He didn't know what had happened to him or how he got there. He thinks he might have gotten thrown out but he doesn't know why or for sure. At first I thought he was just drunk, but within a few minutes I realized something else was wrong. He was having trouble walking and talking. Not in a drunk way, more of an inability to make his muscles work. I was able to get him up, get some water into him, and get him home. He got very sick and had a very rough night. In the morning he says he didn't feel hungover, more foggy and unable to focus. We absolutely think he was slipped something.

We had our drinks sitting on the rail all night. People were constantly reaching in to put cups down or pick cups up. it would have been very easy for a devious person to drop something in. When my friend left to go the bathroom he left his cup behind and I remember that it was not empty, so we don't think he got the full dose of whatever this shit was. We had only 2-3 drinks over a period of a few hours with food and water in between. Not nearly enough to get this guy anywhere close to the state he was in. He's OK and did not need to go to the hospital, so we are thankful for that. It could have been much worse.

The event at HOB was Ten Club only. Lottery winners had their names put on a guest list to get in the door. At the door you received two tickets for admission to the screening. While It is possible that someone could have picked up their tickets and sold them to strangers, it is highly likely that whoever did this is either in the Ten Club or walked in as a Ten Club member's +1. Be aware in Chicago at pre-parties and at the shows. Look out for yourself, your friends, and those around you.

So, completely, f'd up. I hope karma has some serious payback for anyone who would risk someone's health or safety (and cause them to miss an event they cared about too) for their own amusement or sick gratification, if your friend or others were indeed drugged. I hope they get caught, and I hope whoever catches them is not gentle in the payback. They could literally kill someone this way, you never know what other meds or health conditions people have.
    JimmyV said:

I say get everyone in a room that was at HOB and administer a lie detector test - should be easy since they have a list of names of who attended and everyone knows who their +1 was. I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. That is absolutely horrifying that someone would do something so evil. I hope he has recovered fully. He was assaulted that night in one of the worst way possible, with something that altered his mind and his ability to function coherently. He is very fortunate that he had you to look out for him, once you realized he was not okay.
    edited August 2016
    remember kids...

[too much] alcohol = smelly puke = no friends.

enjoy the shows!
    Post edited by kc007 on
    question: does anyone know if any of the reported cases had toxicology test performed? Im not on facebook so I cannot see the discussion over there but Im wondering if any reports were actually confirmed?
    not that I dont believe the accounts on this forum or reports from other sites, Im just trying to find what the "drug" is if known.
    entire situation is totally F'd