Section C-7 Brawl Night 2

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    JC29856 said:

question: does anyone know if any of the reported cases had toxicology test performed? Im not on facebook so I cannot see the discussion over there but Im wondering if any reports were actually confirmed?
    not that I dont believe the accounts on this forum or reports from other sites, Im just trying to find what the "drug" is if known.
    entire situation is totally F'd

According to reports on Facebook there were tests done at the Beth Israel emergency room. The toxicology test was unable to determine specifically what drug was used but the doctors believed it to be some sort of synthetic hallucinogen.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SP218311SP218311 Posts: 230
    That's all totally messed up. It's also worth calling the HOB and speaking to a manager. If it happens often there, it could also be staff (bartenders, security, etc), so it would be good for them to know about.
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    I think that everybody who suspects they were drugged (wherever and whenever) should be going to the hospital to get a toxicology screening and should also be contacting the police to try and file a report (supported by the toxicology results). It seems strange to me that it doesn't sound like a single person who was purposefully poisoned by someone who we can assume is a psychopath haven't contacted authorities, especially when they suspect there were several victims. This is a serious crime. Perhaps if people took these steps the toxicology results could be compared. Maybe they could determine 1) that they were actually drugged, and 2) that the same drug was used on several people, and 3) maybe even use that info to try and track down the source of the drug. Who knows.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    moke spot!
    the least violent euro cups are always in the Netherlands.
    wonder why?
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    #evensmo
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • phan84phan84 Posts: 48
    Friday night at my Fenway was my 2nd PJ show. It was incredible without a doubt. A good percentage of the crowd seemed respectful and there to enjoy the show, but there were a lot of people around us that seemed more interested in talking to each other and playing on their phones. I seriously could not believe how many people were just looking at their phones the entire night with what seemed like zero interest in what was happening on stage. It was unbelievable. A lot of people around us were so drink I can't imagine they had any clue what was going on, but they did have enough awareness to yell "I love Eddie" after every song. I just don't get the idea of paying $85 a ticket and being so drunk you can't remember the show, talking to your friends all night, and looking down at your phone the entire show.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    #evenphone
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    phan84 said:

Friday night at my Fenway was my 2nd PJ show. It was incredible without a doubt. A good percentage of the crowd seemed respectful and there to enjoy the show, but there were a lot of people around us that seemed more interested in talking to each other and playing on their phones. I seriously could not believe how many people were just looking at their phones the entire night with what seemed like zero interest in what was happening on stage. It was unbelievable. A lot of people around us were so drink I can't imagine they had any clue what was going on, but they did have enough awareness to yell "I love Eddie" after every song. I just don't get the idea of paying $85 a ticket and being so drunk you can't remember the show, talking to your friends all night, and looking down at your phone the entire show.

A lot of people go to these kinds of shows just for something to do, not because they are particularly interested in the band. The bigger the show and the more iconic the venue, the more people like this you're going to see.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul said:

phan84 said:

A lot of people go to these kinds of shows just for something to do, not because they are particularly interested in the band. The bigger the show and the more iconic the venue, the more people like this you're going to see.
    yup. I once went to a buffett concert for the experience, not bec I gave 1 fu(k about the guy or his music. I was a total goof on the stupid juice.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV said:

My friend was one of the people drugged this weekend. We were at the House Of Blues on Saturday night. We were standing on the right side of the 1st floor, leaning against the rail in front of the bar area there. During Do The Evolution he left to go the bathroom. He never came back. I texted him several times but got no response. About 30-45 minutes after he left I received a call from him. He was outside the club in the street, incoherent. He didn't know what had happened to him or how he got there. He thinks he might have gotten thrown out but he doesn't know why or for sure. At first I thought he was just drunk, but within a few minutes I realized something else was wrong. He was having trouble walking and talking. Not in a drunk way, more of an inability to make his muscles work. I was able to get him up, get some water into him, and get him home. He got very sick and had a very rough night. In the morning he says he didn't feel hungover, more foggy and unable to focus. We absolutely think he was slipped something.

We had our drinks sitting on the rail all night. People were constantly reaching in to put cups down or pick cups up. it would have been very easy for a devious person to drop something in. When my friend left to go the bathroom he left his cup behind and I remember that it was not empty, so we don't think he got the full dose of whatever this shit was. We had only 2-3 drinks over a period of a few hours with food and water in between. Not nearly enough to get this guy anywhere close to the state he was in. He's OK and did not need to go to the hospital, so we are thankful for that. It could have been much worse.

The event at HOB was Ten Club only. Lottery winners had their names put on a guest list to get in the door. At the door you received two tickets for admission to the screening. While It is possible that someone could have picked up their tickets and sold them to strangers, it is highly likely that whoever did this is either in the Ten Club or walked in as a Ten Club member's +1. Be aware in Chicago at pre-parties and at the shows. Look out for yourself, your friends, and those around you.

Holy shit - good on you for taking care of him. And I'm amazed he was able to text you in that state. How frightening, all the could've beens.

Great idea about notifying the HOB management - never know, if this is an on-going thing. I'd hate to think so.

By the way, some of these substances don't stay in the body long enough to be traced (ie, between the show and now).
  • kc007kc007 Posts: 282
    phan84 said:

smartphone and internet addiction is real.

I cannot believe every time I go out just to do average things like grocery shop or to a restaurant, how many people are literally glued to their phones. You never see couples talking to each other, they're each staring into their phones. I often see entire families at a restaurant each looking at their phones all through dinner. You would think at a Pearl Jam concert, something you've looked forward to, you would put the phone away for the night. People think I'm kidding when I say they are addicted to their phones.... and "likes", people can't get enough likes on their social media accounts. If gives them a high. Ask someone who is a social media junkie to step away form it for a week or a month. They can't.

Addiction comes in all sorts of ways. Phones are easy to become addicted to. I see all sorts of people all ages, just staring into their phones. Its sad.
    Tiki said:

#evenphone

This is the best.
    edited August 2016
    hedonist said:

JimmyV said:

My friend was one of the people drugged this weekend. We were at the House Of Blues on Saturday night. We were standing on the right side of the 1st floor, leaning against the rail in front of the bar area there. During Do The Evolution he left to go the bathroom. He never came back. I texted him several times but got no response. About 30-45 minutes after he left I received a call from him. He was outside the club in the street, incoherent. He didn't know what had happened to him or how he got there. He thinks he might have gotten thrown out but he doesn't know why or for sure. At first I thought he was just drunk, but within a few minutes I realized something else was wrong. He was having trouble walking and talking. Not in a drunk way, more of an inability to make his muscles work. I was able to get him up, get some water into him, and get him home. He got very sick and had a very rough night. In the morning he says he didn't feel hungover, more foggy and unable to focus. We absolutely think he was slipped something.

We had our drinks sitting on the rail all night. People were constantly reaching in to put cups down or pick cups up. it would have been very easy for a devious person to drop something in. When my friend left to go the bathroom he left his cup behind and I remember that it was not empty, so we don't think he got the full dose of whatever this shit was. We had only 2-3 drinks over a period of a few hours with food and water in between. Not nearly enough to get this guy anywhere close to the state he was in. He's OK and did not need to go to the hospital, so we are thankful for that. It could have been much worse.

The event at HOB was Ten Club only. Lottery winners had their names put on a guest list to get in the door. At the door you received two tickets for admission to the screening. While It is possible that someone could have picked up their tickets and sold them to strangers, it is highly likely that whoever did this is either in the Ten Club or walked in as a Ten Club member's +1. Be aware in Chicago at pre-parties and at the shows. Look out for yourself, your friends, and those around you.

Holy shit - good on you for taking care of him. And I'm amazed he was able to text you in that state. How frightening, all the could've beens.

Great idea about notifying the HOB management - never know, if this is an on-going thing. I'd hate to think so.

By the way, some of these substances don't stay in the body long enough to be traced (ie, between the show and now).
    Everyone who was drugged should have filled out a police report within 24 hours. They were assaulted. I read on facebook that one victim was told she didn't need to file a police report. Well you need a paper trail in case any repercussions should arise from ingesting whatever drug you were slipped. I can't think of anything worse than to be given some sort of synthetic hallucinogenic, you have no idea what could be the long term damage from something like this as everyone's chemistry is different and people probably ingested different dosages.

If someone did this to my loved one, I'd be making a lot of noise at Fenway Park and HOB about what happened and I damn sure would have filed a police report. And if many people were assaulted perhaps if the authorities won't investigate, you contact the local news. There were kids at the HOB and both Fenway shows as well, parents need to be aware so they can really be even more vigilant about warning their kids to be very careful, kids drink sodas and waters at these events.

The sad part about all this is it has totally changed my perspective about my fellow pearl jam fan, I won't be as trusting upon meeting people at future shows after hearing about all this. Its completely unconscionable that someone did this not to one person, but to many over the three days.
    Post edited by kc007 on
  • kc007 said:

phan84 said:

I cannot believe every time I go out just to do average things like grocery shop or to a restaurant, how many people are literally glued to their phones. You never see couples talking to each other, they're each staring into their phones. I often see entire families at a restaurant each looking at their phones all through dinner. You would think at a Pearl Jam concert, something you've looked forward to, you would put the phone away for the night. People think I'm kidding when I say they are addicted to their phones.... and "likes", people can't get enough likes on their social media accounts. If gives them a high. Ask someone who is a social media junkie to step away form it for a week or a month. They can't.

Addiction comes in all sorts of ways. Phones are easy to become addicted to. I see all sorts of people all ages, just staring into their phones. Its sad.
    That is one of my biggest pet peeves. Could I just reach through you to get some milk while you're gabbing on your phone and your children are running around like maniacs? Thanks. I took my team out for lunch the other week and everybody was looking at their phones as soon as we sat down at the table. Once the food came I had to become mama bear and ask for the phones to be put away. Geez.
    I'm through with screaming
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    rssesq said:

moke spot!
    the least violent euro cups are always in the Netherlands.
    wonder why?

kc007 said:

phan84 said:

That is one of my biggest pet peeves. Could I just reach through you to get some milk while you're gabbing on your phone and your children are running around like maniacs? Thanks. I took my team out for lunch the other week and everybody was looking at their phones as soon as we sat down at the table. Once the food came I had to become mama bear and ask for the phones to be put away. Geez.
    its insane. All I know is the less time I spend on any sort of electronic device, be it the internet or a smartphone, the more joy and contentment I experience in real life. I like the convenience of having a phone in case of emergency or for an actual phone call, but staring into a phone, seems like a virtual prison to me. I'm extremely self disciplined, so I set limits for myself with all that stuff.

the truth is people are missing out on the world around them and on their children growing up... and smartphones are causing vision problems for many people, especially school age children. A lot more kids these days need glasses due to staring into smartphones and ipads.
    kc007 said:

Everyone who was drugged should have filled out a police report within 24 hours. They were assaulted. I read on facebook that one victim was told she didn't need to file a police report. Well you need a paper trail in case any repercussions should arise from ingesting whatever drug you were slipped. I can't think of anything worse than to be given some sort of synthetic hallucinogenic, you have no idea what could be the long term damage from something like this as everyone's chemistry is different and people probably ingested different dosages.

If someone did this to my loved one, I'd be making a lot of noise at Fenway Park and HOB about what happened and I damn sure would have filed a police report. And if many people were assaulted perhaps if the authorities won't investigate, you contact the local news. There were kids at the HOB and both Fenway shows as well, parents need to be aware so they can really be even more vigilant about warning their kids to be very careful, kids drink sodas and waters at these events.

The sad part about all this is it has totally changed my perspective about my fellow pearl jam fan, I won't be as trusting upon meeting people at future shows after hearing about all this. Its completely unconscionable that someone did this not to one person, but to many over the three days.

Oh, I completely agree. It is a huge physical (among other things) violation. I wonder if most thought they just got too drunk or ate something bad or anything you could write it off to at the time.

A few months ago, our next-door neighbor brought some chick home who he met at a club, and she slipped him something (and not the good kind of something, either). He woke up missing some cash and expensive watches. Was told it'd wouldn't show in tox screenings by that point, which was the next day or evening.

Just fucked up that people pull this shit - and for what? Drug some random stranger and watch what happens? Drug them and not even watch, just run away giddy? Rob them, rape them? They definitely should pay for those acts.

• hedonist said:

kc007 said:

Oh, I completely agree. It is a huge physical (among other things) violation. I wonder if most thought they just got too drunk or ate something bad or anything you could write it off to at the time.

A few months ago, our next-door neighbor brought some chick home who he met at a club, and she slipped him something (and not the good kind of something, either). He woke up missing some cash and expensive watches. Was told it'd wouldn't show in tox screenings by that point, which was the next day or evening.

Just fucked up that people pull this shit - and for what? Drug some random stranger and watch what happens? Drug them and not even watch, just run away giddy? Rob them, rape them? They definitely should pay for those acts.

Could offer up a lot of theories on why, but it doesn't matter. Some folks get off on being deviant and having control over others.
    www.cluthelee.com
    And kc, while I don't necessarily mistrust right off the bat (use instinct, etc.), I always have my guard up in terms of awareness of who's around me, where my belongings are, if I've left a drink unattended.

Just how life has become...and I think your comment about the increasingly fixation on our black boxes plays into that too.

Distraction.

hedonist said:

kc007 said:

Could offer up a lot of theories on why, but it doesn't matter. Some folks get off on being deviant and having control over others.
    See, deviant - that I'm OK with =)

But the control thing...man, that can turn some into sick fucks.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    We've shared tables with total strangers at pre-parties in the past. Never gave it a second thought. Met some great people that way. Never worried about our drinks or anything. Will definitely be more guarded in the future. And that sucks.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited August 2016
    hedonist said:

kc007 said:

well this story (about peeps getting drugged at shows) is just a game changer for me. the world is getting more dangerous every day and now we got to worry about fellow fans that might be deviant sociopaths when we are at shows? and after that story you shared, I sure as heck won't be offering up my spare guest rooms in my mcmansion any more around tour time, lol. you literally can't trust anyone these days.
  • kc007 said:

kc007 said:

phan84 said:

its insane. All I know is the less time I spend on any sort of electronic device, be it the internet or a smartphone, the more joy and contentment I experience in real life. I like the convenience of having a phone in case of emergency or for an actual phone call, but staring into a phone, seems like a virtual prison to me. I'm extremely self disciplined, so I set limits for myself with all that stuff.

the truth is people are missing out on the world around them and on their children growing up... and smartphones are causing vision problems for many people, especially school age children. A lot more kids these days need glasses due to staring into smartphones and ipads.
    So true. My niece thinks it's insane that we used to have to wait until we got home to check messages on a completely different machine! You can't beat the convenience of a cellphone but people really don't know how to interact with each other anymore. I see it when I interview kids about to graduate from college. They aren't all like that but I can tell a difference between now and 15 years ago. Oh, and #getoffmylawn!
    I'm through with screaming
    hedonist said:

And kc, while I don't necessarily mistrust right off the bat (use instinct, etc.), I always have my guard up in terms of awareness of who's around me, where my belongings are, if I've left a drink unattended.

Just how life has become...and I think your comment about the increasingly fixation on our black boxes plays into that too.

Distraction.

distraction is correct. No one is looking up anymore, they are all looking down at their phones.
    JimmyV said:

We've shared tables with total strangers at pre-parties in the past. Never gave it a second thought. Met some great people that way. Never worried about our drinks or anything. Will definitely be more guarded in the future. And that sucks.

Well, it's not that bad. All you have to do is not leave your drink sitting around unattended or unwatched. I've always been cautious about that in any public place no matter how many friends I'm surrounded by and it really doesn't cause any inconvenience.
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Well, it's not that bad. All you have to do is not leave your drink sitting around unattended or unwatched. I've always been cautious about that in any public place no matter how many friends I'm surrounded by and it really doesn't cause any inconvenience.
    I think why I find it bad is because its a fellow Pearl Jam fan. That is what makes this so upsetting for me, personally. Yes, there are deviant, sociopathic people that do this stuff out there in this crazy world, but to be in a private event, like the HOB and know someone in such close quarters that you shared the evening with did this is seriously unsettling. And I'm always on guard in public social settings, so I'm not naive to think it can never happen. The fact that three Pearl Jam events on three separate nights had this happen is very upsetting to me.

IDK. I need to block this stuff out. There's a reason I stay off the internet, I wish I never found out about this stuff...ignorance is bliss.
    JC29856 said:

kc007 said:

Tiki said:

alcohol is literally poison

^^no truer words have ever been spoken.

If people only knew how poison alcohol truly is, especially since many are drinking beer and alcohol made from GMO's....but that is an entirely different topic.
    agree, someone should tell ed that corona contains GMO Corn Syrup and Propylene Glycol.
    And I hope Eddie has listened to Neil Young's album; The Monsanto Years...

GMO is a slow, sweet poison. And its hard to get all of it out of your diet, but once you do, you feel incredible. Your energy levels increase and you will actually eat less when you are eating all organic, clean foods. I could go.on and on, but this thread is not about eating clean!! :)

Stay safe!!
  • kc007 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

I think why I find it bad is because its a fellow Pearl Jam fan. That is what makes this so upsetting for me, personally. Yes, there are deviant, sociopathic people that do this stuff out there in this crazy world, but to be in a private event, like the HOB and know someone in such close quarters that you shared the evening with did this is seriously unsettling. And I'm always on guard in public social settings, so I'm not naive to think it can never happen. The fact that three Pearl Jam events on three separate nights had this happen is very upsetting to me.

IDK. I need to block this stuff out. There's a reason I stay off the internet, I wish I never found out about this stuff...ignorance is bliss.
    I think there's a misconception around these parts that all PJ fans are generally good people. that is simply impossible. there are douchebags and sociopaths that are fans of every band. PJ included.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Common sense - but then if you're drinking too much, you might lose a bit of that.
    www.cluthelee.com

kc007 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

I think there's a misconception around these parts that all PJ fans are generally good people. that is simply impossible. there are douchebags and sociopaths that are fans of every band. PJ included.
    That's true. But also, we don't know if this is a 10C member at all. There were people in the building other than 10C members. Staff, namely, but at events like that there are always a few extra whoevers who get in through the staff/organizers too. Private events like that aren't usually quite as "private" as some might assume.