TOTD Ticketmaster Tix... What a joke

1235»

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535

The entire floor was credit card entry only. Buyer and guest had to enter together. I've never been in the fan club and saw them twice at the UC last year, both on the floor.

I've got a ticket stub from GA that shows differently, but maybe it was run differently for different venues. I remember hearing Springsteen uses paperless ticketing, but the last show here didn't, so I imagine there's some latitude on the venues...
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    riley540 said:

Who's stoked to enjoy some music?!

I'm pretty stoked.... really stoked. I was always pretty jealous when ToTD randomly reunited at various PJ shows. It's pretty cool that I get a chance to see them now. I do feel bad for all the people that missed out on tickets though.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    demetrios said:

Is there no venue in the USA where the 10club or any organization can secure 100% of seats to host a concert?

It really does suck that the last show of the tour was pretty much dumped up on Ticketmaster for the taking. Would of been great if there were some 10club / Chris Cornell or Soundgarden Fan Club tickets offered at least.

House of Blues Boston ;)
  • Zod said:

I agree though. Paperless tickets seems to completely combat scalping. Paperless and no ability to transfer means the purchaser has to go in. I think out of the hundreds of concert's I've been too, there were 3 I couldn't attend. I'd gladly eat 3 pairs of tickets over 20 years to see non-transferrable paperless tickets used.

Paperless without also checking ID is not worth much. Scalpers just buy one-time use credit cards for the ticket purchase and then send it along to the buyer. I've been to a handful of shows with paperless and never seen ID's checked. I get that venues just want to get people in the door but it's only a small deterrent imo.