TOTD Ticketmaster Tix... What a joke

Comments

• chrisrap1chrisrap1 Posts: 45
    BITCHING AND RANTING WILL DO NOTHING.......stop buying just one damn show people take a unitied stand and don't buy FROM THE SECONARDY MARKET......hell they have all these campaigns play this play that, play here etc......what about the how the Breath MSG campaign was done

One damn show people
    Lets trade visit my list for my PEARL JAM and all other recordings www.phishhook.com/lists/chrisrap1

~I don't care how many times you've seen them~
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Zod said:

Zod said:

stickman said:

How can MSG sell out in less than a minute ??

New York has one of the biggest metro populations in the United States, so you've got 10's of thousands of fans, plus bots, scalpers and what not all trying to buy tickets at the same time. If everyone tries at exactly the same time only a certain percentage are going to pull up anything.
    You really think there are enough people interested in seeing Temple of the Dog so badly that they are on-line right at noon and buying all the tickets that MSG has?
    yes. New York has 20 million in it's Metro area and this doesn't include all the other big cities that are less than a day's drive away. You only need a fraction of a fraction of a percent of those people wanting to go and it's not enough tickets.

I'd hate to live in a big market like that. Makes getting tickets next to impossible.
    edit: That's when you need Stadium shows... lol. It's the same reason PJ can do stadium shows in Boston and Chicago. They're bigass cities with bigass populations. Sucks to buy tickets for arena shows in a metropolis. I'm not sure whats worse. Arena tickets in a metropolis, or theatre tickets for a city.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    edited July 2016
    Brony said:

I really have had no luck recently, but..

I'm down at a beach house for the week, so went up to the Boardwalk which has wifi...with my iPad and iPhone. At 12:00 the iPad had me wait in the typical "searching for tickets" for a good 5 mins, while safari on iPhone said "unable to process request". Then, I figured let me install the TM app on my phone while I was still in limbo on iPad. so I downloaded it, signed in, and scored 3 tickets in 200s. Had to have been 12:10 by the time all of that went down.

Congratulations!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I'm voting for Trump if I don't get a ticket to Seattle since I missed out on Philly!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    take a look at the board...people who bought TOTD tickets who had no intentions of going only to flip them for Fenway or Wrigley...which btw how can you even think that trade is even?
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 849
    had 2 for philly night 2 but couldn't pull the trigger, adulting sucks
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • AngryGregAngryGreg Posts: 70
    Zod said:

Zod said:

stickman said:

New York has one of the biggest metro populations in the United States, so you've got 10's of thousands of fans, plus bots, scalpers and what not all trying to buy tickets at the same time. If everyone tries at exactly the same time only a certain percentage are going to pull up anything.
    You really think there are enough people interested in seeing Temple of the Dog so badly that they are on-line right at noon and buying all the tickets that MSG has?
    yes. New York has 20 million in it's Metro area and this doesn't include all the other big cities that are less than a day's drive away. You only need a fraction of a fraction of a percent of those people wanting to go and it's not enough tickets.

I'd hate to live in a big market like that. Makes getting tickets next to impossible.
    Living in a big market might make it hard to get tickets, but if you lived in a small market, the shows wouldn't ever really come around. That's what I tell myself when I get shut out of shows in LA. I shouldn't complain much when the shows just aren't in other areas at all.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited July 2016
    blindmule said:

I have never experienced anything like that before - in all of the times I have bought tickets for shows... The very second it went on sale it seemed sold out.

Really? This has been my experience for every single high demand show that I've tried for in the past 3 years. This is the norm now, not the exception. That said, I have still managed to get tix for every last one of them via TM. Just keep trying and buy a single. So far I've never been shut out from a show doing it that way.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,551
    The way this entire sale with multiple pre sales was weird. Just felt there was a lot of chaos.

Of course I forgot to enter the 10C lottery so that's my fault. Had a family issue going on.

Was able to get a single about 15mjns in behind the stage
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,521

The way this entire sale with multiple pre sales was weird. Just felt there was a lot of chaos.

Of course I forgot to enter the 10C lottery so that's my fault. Had a family issue going on.

Was able to get a single about 15mjns in behind the stage

Every show has multiple pre-sales. AmEx, Citi, LiveNation App, Band Pre-sale, so on and so forth. fortunately, these only had fan club and not the others (though I honestly benefit from the others, but point is - there really shouldn't be too much bitching on these, as at least we had a chance).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    I can't believe that anybody actually attempts to buy tickets directly through TM. That whole setup is the biggest POS deal ever. It was bad enough 20+ years ago when you had to call in to the local TM outlet and all you were battling was the thousands of local fans trying to get through on the 10 phone lines they had. Now that you go through their computer system and you are battling actual fans (potentially) nationwide on top of those scumfuck brokers and their phonebots, it's the ultimate stacked deck.
    Especially after reading the article that was linked on here a few months back inwhich the former CEO of TM spelled it out how by the time that tickets are "released to the public" there are probably only 10-15% left of what the house capacity is. Such a fucking scam. As pissed as so many people are about the prices that get charged on the secondary market, I have come to realize that more often than not if I really want to see a high demand show my first stop is a web site that rhymes with Schmub Shlub.
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Posts: 422
    dlymnfld said:

I just scored Loge tickets for the second Philly show. Anyone been to venue and know if Loge are good seats?

Awesome seats, saw the Grateful Dead there a few years ago, good seats
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    AceCool said:

I can't believe that anybody actually attempts to buy tickets directly through TM. That whole setup is the biggest POS deal ever. It was bad enough 20+ years ago when you had to call in to the local TM outlet and all you were battling was the thousands of local fans trying to get through on the 10 phone lines they had. Now that you go through their computer system and you are battling actual fans (potentially) nationwide on top of those scumfuck brokers and their phonebots, it's the ultimate stacked deck.
    Especially after reading the article that was linked on here a few months back inwhich the former CEO of TM spelled it out how by the time that tickets are "released to the public" there are probably only 10-15% left of what the house capacity is. Such a fucking scam. As pissed as so many people are about the prices that get charged on the secondary market, I have come to realize that more often than not if I really want to see a high demand show my first stop is a web site that rhymes with Schmub Shlub.

I found the part of the article about what the promoter's do is more interesting. They offer to pay bands more than they can physically make selling out the show. They take blocks of the tickets and directly sell them scalpers. All the blame goes on TM, but that practice is the one that pisses me off the most.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    Zod said:

AceCool said:

I found the part of the article about what the promoter's do is more interesting. They offer to pay bands more than they can physically make selling out the show. They take blocks of the tickets and directly sell them scalpers. All the blame goes on TM, but that practice is the one that pisses me off the most.
    I actually consider that to ultimately be the fault of the artists themselves. They are the ones demanding too much pay if the promoters are offering them that much. It's not like the promoters are doing that for fun.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    Millions of people going after a small amount of tickets. This shouldn't shock anyone.
  • calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    edited July 2016
    AceCool said:

Zod said:

AceCool said:

AceCool said:

That article said it all. After reading what the former CEO said no one should be surprised when tickets sell out right when they go on sale. It's all a fucking scam.
    Post edited by calvo17 on
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Hate public sales.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Ticketmaster can go fuck themselves.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Got mine just now for the 21!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    The second show appeared and was gone super fast
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982
    Zod said:

Zod said:

stickman said:

I love living in this area. I've scored tickets to every MSG show they've played and most of the Camden/Philly ones too. The only ones I've skipped are because of work or family not the availability of tickets.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RazzyLaneRazzyLane Posts: 146

Got mine just now for the 21!

Seattle 2 never showed for me in the web, just the app and it was sold out immediately.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Tm tends to delay the release of tickets as well. Tickets are usually scored 12-22 minutes in and then again later. True that there are only a small amount of tickets being released, but you need to stay on for an hour or so before you give up. Demand is really strong for these shows.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    only thing more rigged than TM sales is the Democratic primary
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,968
    RazzyLane said:

Got mine just now for the 21!

Seattle 2 never showed for me in the web, just the app and it was sold out immediately.
    This! How does it sell out instantly, without notification that it is happening?
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,968
    Second SF show up
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    AceCool said:

i don't even try anymore. it's a wasted effort. if i really want to go to a show i'll find a ticket on that other site. as i get older i'd rather pay more for a quality seat anyway.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    So are the additions of shows in San Fran, Philly and Seattle basically a done deal a while ago but they don't announce so that the fan clubs don't get any allocations? I.e., the band and promoters agree to it ahead of time?
  • JR76262JR76262 Posts: 10
    tried on both shows all gone in like 5 mins for 20/21 Seattle, what a joke
  • So so frustrating :( fuck. Was on 20 seconds before the sale started. tried on my cell and computer under my account and husbands account. Sold out in seconds. Nothing even came up except for that god damn i'm not a bot box which irritates the fuck out of me. 23 minute later - nothing :angry: What a joke. Tried to get through on the phone. God damn automated system. Couldn't get through a live person.

Was Seattle night 2 an option through the 10club? (got shut out for night 1) :anguished:
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012